Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood Brothers

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
OOC/ Continuation of a diplomatic thread lost in the crash.

IC/ The meeting room held exactly two. Not that 'Grand Admiral Shira Karrde' was the only voice of power in the Fringe, but when it came to diplomacy, she was generally the one who got called upon. And Genesis Rostu always had preferred the hands-on approach. Her eyes glowed faintly.

Her eyes ceased to glow as the reverse Drain Knowledge ended.

"And now, Rostu, I think you understand -- what I'm trying to do, who I was, who I am. Things I can't say out loud."

This was the second time that the Grand Marshal had his mind touched by the former Empress of the Sith Empress. The first time was during the aftermath of Geonosis, in which men and women under her command had perished at the hands of the Confederacy. The second time, at present, had opened the clone's eyes to a great deal of things. There was a mystery surrounding the Fringe Confederation that was due to the distance between the two nations, but now, sitting at a table, face-to-face, Genesis Rostu was blessed with the knowledge of who the Fringe Confederation was. And, while rough around the edges, he respected them.

"Well then 'Admiral'," he began, placing emphasis on the word denoting rank as a silent acknowledgement to his newfound knowledge, "I do believe it's time that you came to understand what the Confederacy stands for." A smile crossed his lips. "We, as we always have, seek freedom and prosperity for all. The people of the Galaxy deserve as much, and we're going to do our best to provide. Help us in this cause, and we shall help the Fringe Confederation. This day, let us make history and align the Fringe and the CIS as brothers, bound in blood as kin. Let us be allies."

@[member="Ashin Varanin"].

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Genesis Rostu"]

"I've been empowered to make that commitment," she said with a nod. "Of the Treaty of Ithor signatories, we share the closest connections, even ideologically. Our worlds are sanctuaries for refugees, fugitives -- anyone who needs a second chance. We're the ultimate expression of freedom, in that sense."

"With that said, I am honored to call you ally, Admiral. The terms that we ask are but the natural progression of the Ithor Conference: mutual defense, trade, collaboration, etc. I am sure these are favorable in your opinion, correct? If so, then let us make this official by signing on the dotted line and changing the face of the Galaxy. Together."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Genesis Rostu"]

"Trade has always been a sore spot for me," she said, "because so many have tried to flood our markets with their exports -- Atrisia, Omega. Trade is a means of exploitation, unless it's between equals. And we are equals, economically. You have the Slice, the Corellian Run, the Mara Corridor, Kamino, Bothan space -- we have a line to the Core, the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium, Dasid Anya, 244Core, and the entire Rakata Empire. We both find ourselves in the position of being...not quite at the top. But very close. So, yes, reduced tariffs, open trade. We both need tariffs to operate, this early in the game, but we can find a good point of balance."

"So long as the intent between our nations is not exploitation of markets and prices, but bringing goods and services to those who could not formerly access them, I think that we will do well in terms of trade. As you've all but stated, the holdings we both share are some of the best in the Galaxy. At this point, a balance will be sought, found, and put into practice. With that said..."

The clone extended his right hand to the woman, a genuine smile upon his face.

"Let's get started."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom