Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Blood and Scrap

MOSHED-2023-2-4-15-8-26.jpg

Blood and Scrap
Corellia
Tags: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

rayne_divider.png

Rayne decided that of the Core Worlds, Corellia certainly was one of her least favorite. She did, of course, hate most Core Worlds, but that was besides the point. It sat on the edge of Galactic Alliance territory, leaving it open to all sorts of corruption. The galactic underworld ran rampant in the junkyards and abandoned factories that littered the forge world. It was prime real-estate for the cartel, and the Hutts had their beady yellow gaze locked on the planet for thousands of years. It was, of course, no surprise to Rayne that the Besadii clan had moved in to take a hold of Corellia's black market. They seemed to want in on the drug trade, but Rayne knew better. It would start with glitterstim and move it slavery.

It was a good excuse to let out some pent up frustration. Maybe even find a thread of information that lead back to her father. Biological father, anyways. As far as their relationship went he was a dead man walking. Eventually, anyways. She still had to find the bastard. For now Rayne would have to settle with busting skulls. The Besadii's thugs were held out in an abandoned factory, part of an old shipyard that had once been used to make Star Destroyers for the old Empire. It had been left to rust for some time now, the perfect hideout for criminals looking to keep their operation covert, but apparent enough to any competition. The operation was small, with seemingly no more than thirty men on sight at any given time. Rayne observed this, of course, from a distant perch, scouting out the location for a few days before finally going; "Feth it, who cares." She decided to throw caution to the wind and descend on the factory, slipping in through the vents.

There was no waiting in the vents for very long. The first storage room she found with guards of any kind, she kicked out the grate that separated her from the room below, knocking out the first of three. Rayne leapt down. drawing her pistol and shooting the downed guard before quickly shooting the two in the corner. Before she could turn to the third, however, a punch connected with her shoulder, causing her to lose hold of her gun. A Duros now stood in front of her, not particularly muscular, but he was supporting a pair of brass knuckles. That was gonna bruise later. The yellow-skinned twi'lek reacted quickly, ripping a loose pipe from the wall and promptly caving in the man's large, very blue head, sending green blood across the room as he collapsed.

"Mother fether!" Rayne hissed in frustration at the blow to her shoulder, but she quickly froze up. Like a womp rat in headlights.

Rayne was now staring down what looked like a teenage girl, and a very proper looking one at that. The drastic change from criminal to some random kid certainly threw her for a loop.

"Oh. Uh... hello?"

skull_basadii_2.png

The Twi'lek's gaze would find a stun blaster leveled at her chest, held by a very shocked looking blonde covered in sickly green blood of viscera. Cora's clothing was that of a spacer, but her outfit was very neat and pressed.

And now, soiled.

"Goodness!" She gasped, startled expression melting into a disgusted grimace. Cora's free arm raised to wipe the alien blood from her face. "Look what you've done! Oh, stars above, you got it in my hair!"

The Padawan had been sent to Corellia to investigate the recent Besadii stirrings. Her primary objective was simply to gather intelligence and report back, but this time she'd gone too deep.

The stun blaster lowered and she took a step back, cringing as she looked over her clothes. Ruined. Did the Twi'lek know how many credits she'd spent to look the part of a boring commoner?

Arms dropping to her sides, Cora heaved a heavy sigh and examined the trio of bodies. They were eerily silent.

"Are they dead or just unconscious?"

Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Corellia

rayne_divider.png

"That's what you're worried about?" Rayne frowned. "Sweetheart, there's more pressin' matters than your hair at the moment."

The Twi'lek sighed, dropping the pipe and picking up her blaster. They were in a Hutt Cartel facility with an active smuggling operation. This was hardly the time to worry about one's appearance. Maybe it didn't help that Rayne didn't much care for how she looked... At least as it entailed nobody seeing her skin. She couldn't do that.

"Are they dead or just unconscious?"

Rayne had been lost in thought when the teen asked this question. What the hell was she, some sort of Jedi? The outcast assessed her blaster as she thought of a response before returning it to it's holster.

"Why does it matter," she asked. "These are terrible men who work for slavers. I see no reason why I should hold my punches."

She stepped forwards, looking down on the newcomer and crossing her arms. Who was this kid, even? Why would she be bothering to do anything in a place like this. Despite her sad attempt to appear like a commoner, the girl was clearly high class. She was painfully out of place.

"What's your deal then, kid?" the Twi'lek questioned. "You just like taking strolls through Hutt territory?"

skull_basadii_2.png

Cora huffed. At least the Twi'lek hadn't bludgeoned her with the pipe, so it was looking less likely that she was a Hutt enforcer.

"It matters because unconscious men are at the risk of becoming conscious."

She paused, grimacing awkwardly.

"Not that—not that it would be better if they were dead, certainly not! Jedi are not killers.”

Huffing again, Cora fitted the blaster into the holster at her waistband. Crouching down, she pulled a length of rope that had been securing one of the storage palettes against the wall. With a quick flick of her wrist, she'd separated it into three portions with her utility knife.

"Help me tie them up, won't you?" The Padawan pointedly avoided the Duros with a gaping head would, opting instead to bind the hands of the man who'd been struck with the vent grate behind his back.

Cora weighed her options. By now it was clear that the Twi'lek wasn't affiliated with the Besadii, but that didn't mean that she still wasn't a criminal of some sort. Maybe a member of a rival gang.

"I'm simply here to observe this operation from afar. However, I heard the fighting and-"

The Padawan shrugged. She hadn't kept her distance after all.

"Why are you here, then?"

Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Corellia

rayne_divider.png

She was a Jedi? That did change things. Or maybe not. After all, she seemed kinda young. Maybe she was just one of those Pada-whatsits. The baby ones. Yeah, that was it. Rayne shrugged indifferently to her remark on killing people.

"Maybe for you, but I'm not exactly a Jedi," she sighed. "So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree,"

Rayne zoned out as the young Jedi explained her presence, completely ignoring her request for aid tying up the Besadii goons. That wasn't her concern. The Twi'lek's eyes flitted about the boxes in the storage room, scanning for records of any kind. Nothing caught her interest. No names, locations, or anything of the sort. Just spice. She wouldn't find anything in this room. What Rayne needed to find was a central computer of some kind-

"Why are you here, then?"

"Huh?" Rayne finally reacted, snapping out of her daze. "Just lookin for intel. None ya business, by the way, so don't bother asking."

It was, of course, an intricate revenge plot that swirled in her mind. Very un-Jedi like. It was probably best to save the girl a panic attack. Besides, Rayne wasn't exactly keen on sharing her life story with random children.

skull_basadii_2.png

After securing the first goon's hands behind his back, Cora had moved on to tying up the second one. She sniffed at the Twi'lek's response.

"If you insist on not telling me why you're here, then I can only assume that you're a part of this very cartel."

There was just the barest hint of sarcasm in her drawl. It was clear that the prickly woman was not a member of this specific crime ring, but likely that she was part of another.

Cora's gaze drifted over to the third man, the one who'd had his head smashed in. She decided that there'd be little use in restraining him.
Rising to her feet, the Padawan sighed. Part of her had wished that she'd been dispatched with a partner for this mission. While she was gradually learning to handle dicey situations on her own, she still enjoyed company.

Her eyes landed on the Twi'lek again as she rose.

Even if said company wasn't exactly willing.

"It appears that we are both after the same thing, then. What would you say to working together?"

She extended a hand. This may have been a poor idea, but Cora's chose to follow her instincts down this path.

"I'm Cora."

Her name came in the form of a peace offering.

Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Corellia

rayne_divider.png

Rayne hesitated for a moment before returning the handshake. She was a Jedi after all, right? They were trust worthy to some level, even if they didn't see eye-to-eye.

"Rayne," she responded plainly.

The twi'lek couldn't exactly say it was a pleasure. The situation was kinda bad, and for all she knew the girl suspected her of being a criminal. Rayne would never stoop to the low of the cartel, but she didn't expect any strangers to know or care. All that mattered was that this Hutt outpost was scrubbed off the map... and that she left with some intel if any.

"Their boss is in the business suite," Rayne explained. "Bastard of a Zabrak named Lorhan Keys. Besadii enforcer for twenty years, spice runner for seven. I intend to put a bolt through his head, so if you wanna arrest the fool I suggest you shoot him first."

Not when it came to people that actively ruined her life. As far as she was concerned, anyone who willingly worked for the Hutts was just as guilty as the people who... took everything. A chill ran down her spine, but she only paused for a moment.

"There's a run down elevator shaft not to far from here," she continued. "We can make our way there discretely and start climbing. Unless you wanna do this the loud way?"

If the Jedi wasn't going to suggest anything, Rayne wanted to make it clear that she was the one with the plan. The last think she wanted was for some random kid to slow her down.

skull_basadii_2.png

A momentary spark of surprise crossed her features when the Twi'lek—Rayne—actually took her hand and offered her own name back.

Cora smiled as they shook hands. “Rayne. You've a lovely name."

It was always a good day when someone didn't hate you. Over the past year, Cora has become gradually aware of how her aristocratic mannerisms could rub the commonfolk the wrong way.

She listened patiently to Rayne, filing the information on the Besadii boss away in her mind for future reference.

"It sounds like you've done your research. I do not intend to arrest anyone today—my mission is to acquire intelligence."

That didn't mean that the situation wouldn't devolve into a fight. Cora cocked her head to the side when Rayne paused, sensing an emotional shift. Perhaps there was something deeper to her reasons for being here, but she had enough sense not to call any direct attention to it.

"I'd prefer to be discreet about this, if possible. Let us depart to the elevator shaft at once."

Cora followed behind Rayne, content to let the Twi'lek take the lead for now.

"You seem to know quite a lot about the Besadii, their boss in particular." She commented lowly, voice hushed. It was an attempt to bait the other woman into conversation, and perhaps uncover her reasons for being here a bit more.

Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Corellia

rayne_divider.png

"You seem to know quite a lot about the Besadii, their boss in particular."

"Oh, he isn't the top dog," Rayne correct, "Just some small time enforcer. The Hutt's sit at the very top, Besadii's clan representatives on their council. I could tell you all about those chit-eating scumbags. The only reason I know so much about this guy is cause the clan likes their organization. They don't want any gaps in their system. Makes it a real queen to find anyone specific when they're high up on the food chain..."

Her brow furrowed suddenly, a frown spreading across the Twi'lek's face.

"Hey," she muttered, "You trying to squeeze info outa me?"

What did she think Rayne was, some sort of gangster? She would never be caught dead rubbing elbows with the underworld crowd. Well, none that actively fueled slavery or peddled spice (which was pretty much only mines by slave labor anyways). Never in a million years. In fact, she'd rather die.

The elevator shaft came into view pretty quickly. It was decommissioned some time ago, with rusted support rungs going up to the top of the structure. Rayne wasted no time slipping in and beginning to move up.

"I'm an independent party if you're really that interested," the yellow woman sighed. "Hell, call me a bounty hunter if that makes you feel better. That good enough for ya? Cause I'm really feeling the urge to psychoanalyze you now."

skull_basadii_2.png

"Not squeezing, no."

Cora smiled, her soft adolescent features making it hard to appear anything but innocent. Rayne seemed gruff on the outside, but she hadn't told Cora to feth off yet, which was a win as far as the young Jedi was concerned.

"A bounty hunter?" As the Twi'lek began to scale the rusted shaft, Cora seemed a bit more tentative, prodding one of the chewed up support beams with her foot to test the structure's stability. Her initial thought was to not get in this death trap, but she'd already committed.

Reaching onto her belt, she worked the clip of a grapple gun free and after some positioning, pressed the trigger. A hook shot out into the darkness above them, wrapping around something metallic, and hopefully sturdy. Cora gave the ascension cable around her waist a tug, then grunted in satisfaction when the line held.

"So you're an independent contractor working for someone who has a grudge against the Besadii, orrrr….the grudge maybe belongs to someone else?"
With one foot planted on the wall of the shaft, the blonde lofted a brow as she offered Rayne her hand. If the Twi'lek shrugged her off, she'd being to ascend slowly.

"I'm curious, now. Psychoanalyze away, friend!"

Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Corellia

rayne_divider.png

"I'm curious, now. Psychoanalyze away, friend!"

"Nosey, aren't ya," Rayne sighed.

The teen had prepared a grapple gun and offered her hand to ascend quicker. Rayne was reluctant to take her hand, but it seemed to be supporting the girl's weight just fine. If the beam she had grappled onto was rusted, it surely would've broken by now. So, she accepted. Better to get through this quicker after all.

"Well you're clearly rich for starters," she noted. "Only a Noble would wear civilian clothes to blend in without a speck of dirt on them. I'd guess you either joined your Order to get away from high society or to make mommy and daddy proud. That enough psychoanalysis for ya?"

The Twi'lek frowned as her thoughts shifted to her own goals. They were pretty simple, but she didn't expect a Jedi to understand the nuances of revenge.

"I'm not working for anyone, for the record," Rayne stated. "I'm doing this for me. There's someone who wronged me deep into the woodworks of the Besadii, and I intend on putting them in the ground."

skull_basadii_2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom