Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Bloat-class Armed Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
h1OPOPG.png

Image Source: http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Republic_Transport
Affiliation: GOMM
Manufacturer: GOMM Industrial
Model: Bloat-class
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass-Produced
Material:
Classification: Assault/Armed Transport

Length: 100m
Width: 60m
Height: 45m

Armament:
  • 2 Dual Medium Turbolaser cannons
  • 2 Dual Light Turbolaser cannons
  • 8 Point-defense laser cannon batteries
Hangar:
  • 4 Medium Shuttles
  • 4 Light Vehicles/Tanks
Special Features:
Maneuverability Rating: 8
Speed Rating: 5
Hyperdrive Class: 1.0

Strengths:
  • Rapid Ground Support: Can quickly assist or reinforce Ground troops
Weaknesses:
  • Fleet Dependent
Description:
  • Crew: 100
  • Passengers: 400
  • Cargo Capacity: 750 tons
  • Consumables: 1 Standard Year
  • The Bloat-class was the solution for better ground operations. With standard gear and training, most troops would have trouble against higher technology gear. To increase ground effectiveness, reinforcement was key. The Bloat-class, being a small ship, but a very fat transport, gave it the room it needed for cargo and supplies, and offered space for additional soldiers and additional ground support such as vehicles and light tanks.
Development Thread: If Needed
Intent: Give GOMM a fast transport
Who Can Use This: GOMM

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Galven Solomon"]

First off I need more description. I think your trying to make a rapid deployment assault ship from what you have. Close in support for ground forces and such.

OK so for a ship this size speed and maneuvering is normally 10 You can bring it down a bit but what you have for a ship this size will not work.

Your weak hull claim is wrong as you have ablative armor strength with the AR-0B which is what you want for the role I feel you want this to have.

A support ship needs a very strong hull because it will be a big target and draw alot of fire.

Are you set on this being 300 meters? for the stats your listing it can be alot smaller and get better speed.

As for speed and maneuvering what you want from a ship for assault would be speed. Once on the ground its too big to maneuver out of fire no matter how good the maneuvering is. SO rapid descent through a space battle and a planets atmosphere to get to the forces there is the most important part. So pour more into speed.

Basiclly Speed to get to the ground and Armor to keep it in the fight are the most important things for a ground support ship.

Just a note. In a few invasions ships like this have been banned. In fact a hard limit of ships under 50 meters was set. While this is not always the case it is possible.

My recommendation is to make this much smaller. Heavy armored, and fast as possible. So 100 meters, List Ablative Armor as a strength, remove the capital popcorn weakness, and make it speed 5 maneuvering 8. and write up a good description.

There is alot that can be done here to make this a great support ship. adding drop pods, or upping the troop count to 300 with 4 light tanks would give you more usefullness.

At 100 meters your a corvette now not a 300 meter frigate which is fine with he gun numbers you have. you only have 6 caps and 8 defense.

But if you want to leave it that big it will slow this down alot. at 300 meters your looking at speed 7 maneuvering 10 at the best without some development.

Let me know what you think of the options and we will get you line out with a good assault ship :)

[member="Reshmar"]

Description added

AR-08 is added in small quantities to reduce the risk of the side effects of Swatrium. Doonium covers 90% of the ship. It also has little other defenses against ships larger than it.

After thinking for a bit, I was attempting to make this similar to an Acclamator, but I can achieve that with something else. Corvette converted.

Removed Particle Shielding, as Deflectors are suitable enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom