Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Blind Ambition: Seeking the Warden

wb1.png
Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka
alexboarder.png

Braze had decided today was the day. With an air of confidence that some might describe as a touch too brash, he strutted down the halls of the Jedi Temple. Despite his ongoing training, which required him to wear a blindfold enhancing his Force-sight, Braze felt it was the opportune moment to seek out Master Zark, the revered Warden of Peace. Braze had heard tales of the venerable Jedi's prowess in diplomacy and hoped to learn a trick or two by shadowing the Master — even if just for a day.

"Assistant to the Warden of Peace. That has a certain ring to it, doesn't it?"
Braze muttered to himself, a smirk playing at his lips. "They all think I'm just another bratty padawan, but today they'll see the true potential of Braze! You don't understand diplomacy they said... we'll see."

As he continued his search, his blindfolded state led to a series of mishaps. More than once, he found himself mistakenly walking into a meditation session, disrupting the serene atmosphere with his entrance.

Another time, he narrowly avoided tumbling into a water fountain, managing to right himself just in time with a flair of acrobatics.

As he drew nearer to Master San Tekka's presence in his meditation Chambers, he could sense the presence of the seasoned Jedi and felt a twinge of excitement Followed by a sense of nervousness.

Pausing at the entrance, he composed himself, then knocked gently. "Master San Tekka?" Braze began, his voice an octave more respectful than his usual tone, "It's Braze. I've come to humbly request the honor of assisting you. I believe there is much I can learn from the esteemed Warden of Peace, in regards to diplomacy?"

Behind the blindfold, Braze's eyes darted in anticipation, hoping his approach would secure him a day beside one of the most respected figures in the Temple. He also silently prayed that he hadn't unintentionally wandered into another room by mistake.

Last edited:
jeditemplebanner.png

Intern Braze Braze
white.png
Solitude.

It was difficult to come by for members of the Jedi Council. Master San Tekka cherished these moments of private meditation. Modest chambers offered him seclusion to contemplate the mysteries of the Force. A knock disturbed several floating stones. Irritation flashed through his thoughts.

"Master San Tekka?"

His expression softened. Not much older than a youngling. This one was a student of Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el if his memory still served. A new generation to replace those lost during the hyperspace war. Each death a hard lesson learned. None of this turmoil phased his guest who appeared to be wearing some kind of blindfold.

"Diplomacy is the most powerful weapon a Jedi can wield. Those wise enough to master its use cut deeper than any lightsaber."

Zark stroked his beard in thought.

"I might have use of an assistant for some official Jedi business," the old master paused, "Is there something wrong with your eyes, padawan?"

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze's posture straightened, eyes widening beneath the blindfold at Master San Tekka's words.

"Diplomacy is the most powerful weapon a Jedi can wield. Those wise enough to master its use cut deeper than any lightsaber."

The statement resonated with him, providing an avenue of purpose that excited him deeply. It was like a burst of sunlight piercing through a cloudy sky.

When the elder Jedi Master mentioned the possibility of needing an assistant, Braze felt a surge of elation, as if the Force itself had aligned this moment for him. He was almost trembling with anticipation.

"I might have use of an assistant for some official Jedi business,"

"Really? Thank you so much! I'll do my absolute best not to let you down, Master San Tekka," Braze said, his voice carrying an unmistakable blend of youthful exuberance and sincere appreciation. The opportunity to assist someone as esteemed as Master San Tekka was more than he could have hoped for, and he was eager to prove himself worthy of the trust placed in him.
"Is there something wrong with your eyes, padawan?"

At the question about his eyes and the blindfold, Braze tilted his head thoughtfully. "Oh, no, there's nothing wrong with my eyes, Master. I'm wearing this blindfold as part of my training to hone my other senses," he explained, fingers lightly touching the fabric covering his eyes.

"I'm practicing the use of Force Sight, trying to make it as instinctual as breathing. You know, like when you don't have to think about taking each breath, it just happens? I want to reach a level where utilizing the Force for perception is just as natural." The determination in his voice reflected his ambitious goals. His youthful optimism might have been perceived as naivety by some, but there was a sincerity in his words that couldn't be easily dismissed.

Braze paused, taking a moment to let the gravity of the opportunity before him truly sink in. "Is there anything specific you'd like me to prepare or focus on before assisting you, Master?" he asked, ready to accept any wisdom or tasks Master San Tekka would bestow upon him.

jeditemplebanner.png

Intern Braze Braze
white.png
"Such initiative in one so young shows promise."

Master Zark nodded with sage approval. It required mental discipline to master many of the Force's more esoteric arts. He could sense the young Jedi's impatience with their training's progress. Faint recollection of his own desperate need to prove himself ready for the Trials at that age came to mind. How simple the galaxy had seemed then.

"Tell me Braze," he asked, "Have you ever been to the Senate? I must represent the Order in certain state matters. Together we'd make a more striking impression."

Despite tired old bones the Jedi Master knelt down. Zark gently grabbed the boy by his lapels for this next remark. Sometimes instilling a little existential dread could be instructive.

"I want you to ask yourself what a Jedi's duty is to the Alliance."

wb1.png
alexboarder.png

Braze listened attentively to Master Zark, a mix of excitement and apprehension filling him as the Jedi Master spoke. The Senate? He'd never been there. The idea was thrilling, yet at the same time, he felt a pang of uncertainty. Diplomacy was not his strong suit, but it was something he was determined to get better at. This could be a chance.

"No, Master San Tekka, I've never been to the Senate. But I would be honored to accompany you," he said earnestly, meeting the Jedi Master's gaze. Braze felt the weight of Master Zark's hands on his lapels and the gravity in his eyes. It was a moment that called for deep reflection.

"A Jedi's duty to the Alliance," Braze paused, considering the question. "Is it not to serve as peacekeepers? To use our abilities to bring balance and stability, to mediate conflicts and to protect those who cannot protect themselves?"

He looked up at Master Zark for validation but also clarification. His voice tinged with uncertainty, not just of his answer, but also of what lay ahead for him. "Or in my own words...to be the adult when others can not to ensure everyone 'plays nice'? I don't imagine there's much of a role for us to play at the senate other than to hear everyone out to further communications and negotiations in an advisory role?"

Last edited:
phelia3.png

Intern Braze Braze
white.png
Zark released the poor boy before he lost all sense of direction. Ever since he'd failed Thalia the Jedi Master had been reluctant to train another padawan. Braze's thoughtful expression reminded him of teaching's simple joys. Fond memories of his own mentor stirred within.

"That is our duty to the galaxy," he gently corrected, "Observe and reflect upon what you...see today. Perhaps when we return, I will ask you again."

Nothing could rival Coruscant's impossible scale. Master San Tekka guided young Braze, often quite literally when his other senses failed him, from their temple on the edge of forever. It was a long walk to Senate Plaza so he purchased them both some refreshments from a local street vendor.

"Finish your glowing treat," Zark instructed, "Before we reach the Senate. If it melts on the wrong robes, one of us might provoke a diplomatic incident."

Braze cocked his head thoughtfully, considering the mild correction from his master. As they moved through the bustling streets, he found himself struck by the cacophony of noises and the medley of scents that filled the air. He hadn't been exposed to many urban environments, with his blind fold, mostly having trained in remote and wild locations. The contrast was enlightening, to say the least.

When the glowing treat was handed to him, Braze nearly devoured it in a single go, savoring its taste and texture despite the sharp chill that crept into his brain. The minor discomfort of brain freeze hardly registered in his enjoyment.

"People getting upset over clothing is a bit surprising," he remarked, carefully cleaning the stick before pocketing it for later use. "But then, I've seen disagreements ignite over far less significant things."

Though sight eluded him in his current state, Braze's other senses worked diligently to paint a vivid mental picture of his surroundings. In this sea of unpredictable movement and noise, Master San Tekka served as his anchor, his point of stability. Sticking close to the old master, he continued on, his footsteps light yet purposeful.

"Master San Tekka, may I ask what brings you the most joy?" Braze inquired softly. Though he was rather reserved, he couldn't suppress the burgeoning question. His voice conveyed a sense of earnest curiosity as if the answer would offer him yet another touch of understanding about the Warden.

phelia3.png

Intern Braze Braze
white.png
Master Zark stopped walking. Painful memories flashed through his mind. Fleeting moments of happiness lost in stormy weather. Most of all the exultation of battle. Peace had cost the Jedi everything to achieve. Learning how to keep going was not an easy lesson. A shooting star that ended the war and broke his heart.

"Look to the Force," he murmured in Asmundr's ear, "And you will always find me."

Sometimes he could still feel a familiar presence.

"My master once told me," the old man said at last, "That a Jedi does not crave adventure or excitement. He lives in the moment. We must learn to find joy in the little things."

He paused as if to consider this further before taking another lick of his glowing treat.

"I've always loved podracing. There's no such thing as the perfect Jedi."

A massive domed building loomed before them. Sunlight reflected off the galactic monument and the grandeur of it all was completely lost on poor Braze who was still having a difficult time navigating Coruscant's bustling streets.

"Have you heard about the mandalorian attack on the wookiees?" Zark asked.

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze took a moment to process Master San Tekka's words, absorbing the depth of their wisdom. "I think finding that balance between living in the moment and seeking moments of joy is essential," he mused. "After all, if we don't allow ourselves the occasional delight, the journey can become quite taxing. What fun is life if we don't indulge every now and then on a reasonable scale?"

He chuckled lightly, rubbing the back of his neck, "Though, I must admit, I tend to dive deep into my passions. It's like being in a continuous state of flow, where my actions align perfectly with my intentions. It's meditative, really."

Pausing, he added, "I haven't been too caught up with current events. The intricacies of the holonet tend to escape me when I'm immersed in that state of focus. I don't listen to the news or read any articles on the holonet sir. I'm usually four hours deep into what I like to call perfection through obsession. It's kind of like entering a 'flow' state of mind, and becoming hyper-focused, to make certain tasks come as instinctively as breathing. But a Mandalorian attack on the Wookiees? That's concerning. Why would they target them?"

Listening to Master Zark's reminiscing about his master and the lessons learned was enlightening and thought-provoking. The weight of the memories held a tangible presence, and Braze felt a deeper connection to the history of the Jedi and the sacrifices made for peace. As the impressive domed building caught their attention, Braze realized that while the grandiosity of Coruscant might be overwhelming, the teachings and experiences shared between him and Master Zark were invaluable.

phelia3.png

Intern Braze Braze
white.png
"Exploring your connection to the Force is commendable," the Jedi Master nodded sagely, "But we must not lose sight of the galaxy around us."

Senate Guards saluted them when they passed. Zark inclined his head in respect. He had finished his confection with perfect timing. Beyond this threshold the destiny of entire worlds was forged. Petitioners from all over the galaxy gathered in orbit of that awesome power.

"Mandalorians do not share our point of view. Warrior cultures must test their strength. They fear peace brings only stagnation."

Sounds of battle echoed in Master San Tekka's ears. He tried to banish memories of this grand rotunda in flames. It troubled the Jedi to dwell on darker times when peace still felt like an elusive dream. Confident strides still set a demanding pace through byzantine corridors.

"Kashyyyk is threatening reprisal," he began to explain, "There's a wookiee here on Coruscant who is known to me. Roshyk and I fought together during the crusades."

Braze listened intently, his expression thoughtful. "I presume that means you two were on the same side if you say 'together,'" he chirped. "There are plenty of other ways to test strength that don't involve being a brute and bully," he noted, his tone carrying a hint of disapproval.

As he followed the elder, Braze felt a twinge of discomfort, a memory stirring within him, but he chose not to speak on it. Instead, he shared his thoughts on the nature of conflict. "I feel like... fighting is natural, but I feel like we've evolved to make our fighting more sophisticated when we should just... be more sophisticated and find better ways of settling disagreements. But I know not everyone's desires nor intentions are pure," he offered, his voice tinged with a hint of weariness.

He sighed slowly, "Sometimes it just feels tiring, I suppose, wishing that more individuals were just... less inclined to be generally awful overall."

Last edited:
phelia3.png

Intern Braze Braze
white.png

Master Zark placed a gentle hand on the young boy's shoulder.

"We cannot force the galaxy to abide by our own standards," he agreed, "It is our duty as Jedi to rectify injustice, but lasting peace will never be achieved at the edge of a saber."

Every time they struck down a Dark Lord, another threat rose to take its place. It was in institutions like the Senate that Jedi must place their hopes for a better future. Zark pointed out a few powerful senators to the padawan. At last, the pair reached an ornate set of doors fashioned from wroshyr trees. Wrinkled hands grazed the exotic timber before shoving hard.

They were greeted by a primordial roar that echoed through their skulls.

"It has been a long time, Roshyk."

Something monstrous stomped towards both Jedi. With almost comical ease, two massive claws picked Zark up and crushed him into a full body stranglehold. Bone totems rattled off slate grey fur. Fangs brutal enough to bite the Jedi Master's head clean off bared. Somewhere underneath all that muscle came a muffled voice.

"Say hello, Braze."

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

"I don't think lasting peace is truly attainable," he mused thoughtfully.
As he continued to follow Zark, he absorbed the Jedi Master's wisdom and made mental notes about the influential senators they encountered. However, his attention was abruptly diverted when he heard the unmistakable sound of a large, furry being approaching. His ears twitched in response to the unusual noise, trying to identify it. The sounds of bones did not register exactly to him.

With an air of uncertainty, Braze smoothed out his robes and turned his head in the direction where he sensed the presence of the Wookiee. "Ah, well... hello, Roshyk; Master San Tekka has told me you two were in the crusades together? That must have been a formative experience." he greeted with a respectful bow of his head. The visualized sensation of Zark being embraced by the massive creature was peculiar, almost as if he could form a mental image based on the sounds and feelings surrounding him, piecing together an unusual and surreal experience.

phelia3.png

Intern Braze Braze
white.png

Spittle flew from Roshyk's slavering maw when he unleashed another ululating roar. Breath strong enough to give the youngling's hair a blowout struck with gale force. Master Zark calmly smoothed the wrinkles from his robes pausing now and then to pluck long strands of hair free. Heavy wroshyr doors slammed shut behind them.

"Roshyk says hello."

Zark leaned up on his toes and scratched the silver mane. Roshyk uttered a nonthreatening series of grunts that might have been wookiee laughter. Their surroundings were overtaken by exotic flora. More growls, varying in pitch, punctuated by another quick bellow.

"I remember," he smiled before glancing over at Braze, "We used wookiee pathfinders in the jungles of Felucia. That was...not an easy battle. Without their guidance the Sith might have prevailed."

Screams and blasters echoed in Zark's ears. Luminous wilds filled with desperate skirmishes flashed before him. Bone charms jangled allowing Braze to easily locate the wookiee whenever it moved. Another unusual smell assailed the padawan's nostrils.

"Kabatha guts? We would be honored," the Jedi Master placed a bowl of something gooey in Braze's hands and murmured, "Don't ask. Just eat."

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Blindfolded and relying solely on his other senses, Braze felt a rush of air as the Wookiee's roar hit him, causing his hair to flutter. He couldn't see Master Zark's calm demeanor amidst the chaos, but he could sense the steadiness in his voice. The heavy thud of the wroshyr doors resonating behind them was unmistakable.

He focused on the sounds around him, the growls and grunts of the Wookiee, trying to discern any underlying emotions or intentions.

The mention of Felucia and the Wookiee pathfinders piqued Braze's interest. "The jungles of Felucia must have been a sight to behold," he said, his voice tinged with a mix of awe at not being able to witness such a place.

As Master Zark reminisced, Braze's attention was momentarily diverted by a new scent invading his nostrils. It was unfamiliar and pungent, causing him to wrinkle his nose slightly in curiosity.

When Master Zark placed a bowl in his hands, Braze hesitated for a moment, the texture of the contents under his fingers feeling strange and gooey. "Kabatha guts?" he echoed, a slight grimace crossing his face even though it couldn't be seen under the blindfold. The idea of eating something unknown was daunting, but he trusted Master Zark's judgment.

"Alright, I trust you, Master San Tekka," Braze said with a mixture of reluctance and bravery. He took a tentative taste, trying not to think too much about what he was eating. "It's... an interesting flavor," he commented diplomatically, deciding to focus on the experience rather than the specifics of the dish.

phelia3.png

Intern Braze Braze
white.png
"They say Felucia at night is one of our galaxy's great wonders. When dusk falls the jungle comes alive with bioluminescence."

Darker memories of alchemical monsters twisted into a sickening parody of native predators also haunted the old man. Master Zark could still hear the screams. Most of his tales would probably give Braze nightmares. At least he was spared the sight of a grown wookiee devouring guts although the sounds of mastication alone were enough to cause thrills of instinctual fear. Roshyk said something in his primal language while still eating that seemed like a question.

"Never tasted better," Zark quickly answered, "I'm just not that hungry. Braze would be happy to finish mine."

He placed another bowl of half-eaten guts in the padawan's hands. This seemed to meet with the wookiee's approval. More shyriiwook followed, clearer now that Roshyk's mouth was no longer full.

"I'm afraid not, old friend. I promised after the war to defend your people, but this is an invasion."

Something heavy shattered only to be drowned out by a bestial roar. Thoughts that did not belong to him intruded on Braze's mind. He could hear the Jedi Master's voice in his head.

Mandalorian raiders hired trandoshan scouts. Roshyk's people prepare for a war that will consume the system.

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze's expression soured immediately upon hearing Master Zark's words, his frown deepening into a visible mark of displeasure. The idea of being volunteered to finish a meal of such a nature was far from amusing to him, and it showed clearly on his young face. He wasn't just unhappy; he was perturbed by the casual manner in which Zark had passed the responsibility onto him, especially in such a delicate context.

Holding the bowl of half-eaten guts, Braze couldn't help but scrutinize its contents with a touch of revulsion. Deciding to approach the situation with as much open-mindedness as he could muster, Braze tentatively devoured the offering. It's flavor wasn't that bad.

However, the texture was another matter entirely. It was challenging, to say the least—gritty and irregular in ways that made it difficult for Braze to appreciate the meal fully.

He was startled when he heard something break and was jostled by hearing Zark in his mind. He shifted his head down and frowned hearing this.

Master Zark's words drew Braze's attention in to a deeper reflection on the nature of survival and the cycles of life and death that governed the galaxy. It was a lesson, perhaps, in the many forms that courage could take—whether in facing the unknown with an open mind or confronting the realities of war and conflict with resolve.

"What do you plan to do? I can't imagine war on your door step would be easy to just... swallow." Braze queried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom