Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blessed are we who covet nature's bounty. [Completed]

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
n5ph84.jpg

Keldable, Mandalore
Market Day
---

It was yet another beautiful summer day in the capital city of Mandalore, though hot and a bit humid as Keldabe was forty-five degrees north of the Outer Rim planet's equator. The forecast called for a possible thundershower later, but that was typical for this time of year. Hopefully any ill-weather would hold off until the street market day's business had concluded and the night festival to follow was over.

The stall for the Tor Farm's produce to be sold at the twice-a-week market was strategically placed in the square on Chortav Meshurkaane. It was located at the end of "Gem Cutter's Street" near Cikartan's tapcaf, which was on the west side of the memorial fountain.

The farmhands that Briika hired to help her work the Tor Homestead located in the Kelita River Valley just outside Keldabe were wounded verde that still were in need of some form of rehabilitation or new skill training as their injuries dictated. They were all decent and hardworking vode. It was the least the baar'ur could do for them, and it also helped the once widowed/once divorcée out as well since her ade were not there to help maintain their yaim anymore for one reason or another.

This day not only were there freshly picked, vine ripened vegetables to be sold, but the golden blonde had made a few of her infamous pies too, apple and peach, to be sold; the fruit coming from the trees the azure-eyed farm girl at heart planted on the edge of the property on the fertile, lower bluff above the Kelita River where the homestead sat.

The seasoned battle medic stood proudly behind the stall front dressed in her sliver-plated beskar'gam with the matching buy'ce clipped onto a utility belt that was slung low off her shapely hip along with her holstered Ripper off the other side. And of course a friendly, warm smile greeted those that stopped to look at her farm's goods or even passed by as she knew they would be back; Bree's pies were just that yummy.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

It was an uncommon for Vilaz to walking in the streets of Keldabe, especially in these times as he was one of the Cuir Rekr in charge of bringing the pain and the carnage to Galactic Republic and the One Sith. So what was he doing here on the capital of Mandalore instead of raiding a point of interest that was affiliated to the Republic or the Sith? It was a couple of days since he and the Vanguard of Mandalore initiated an assault on a main shipyard of the Republic that orbited the planet of Loronar, and they had caused maximum damage to shipyard. But worse things were about to come for the Republic. Worse things than what happened on Loronar.

So, for now, the Munin would allow his clansmem to rest before another battle would come.

Taking advantage of this free time which was a rare luxury for the Mandalorians, the Alor of Clan Munin headed into Chortav Meshurkaane and he could see Mandalorian merchants selling leather, food, gloves, and all different kind of things. No doubt did many Mandalorians noticed him and acknowledged his presence, but Vilaz was glad that he wasn't being treated like a king or how people would treat nobles. He absolutely hated that. He didn't mind that some Mandalorians pay their respects to him but once they started kneeling or bowing down, then he would give a lesson to never bow down before anyone.

The Akaan was about to go to the tapcaf in the square, but he noticed someone that was with him on the assault of the Loronar Shipyards which caused him to go to the stall in which a beautiful, seasoned battle medic was selling pies and produce. "So whatcha got for this old man, Bree," Vilaz said to the Tor, his helmet clinging onto his utility belt and his ocean, blue eyes looking at hers after seeing what she had in store today.

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

She had seen him coming long before he ever arrived at her stall. I mean how could one not? Mando'ade stepped aside as the Cuir Rekr strolled along the merchant-filled street; vode parting the way either out of respect or fear of the Wolf of War.

To be honest, Briika thought of him as both, and maybe a little something else, but that was neither here nor there. The baar'ur was long finished with that. Bree enjoyed her life as it was… uncomplicated, though yes in that it could be lonely. Tis why she threw herself into her medical work and farm; hence today standing there helping her farmhands peddling the bounty harvested thus far.

"Su'cuy, ner vod…. I would say a nice, juicy red apple would be a healthy option for an ~ old man, but then that would keep the doctor away," Bree quipped back lightly remembering what the battle medic had called him on the raid, then added as she pointed to a pie tin on the table. "Instead I'd say try the peach pie. I'm told it is very good," the golden blonde smiled as their blue eyes seem to linger upon each other longer than they normally should for just comrades.

Briika broke eye contact momentarily as someone reached over to give her a couple of coins to pay for the vegetables they had chosen. She thanked them kindly for their patronage, slipping the credits into a metal box, then turned her attention back to the rugged Concordian.

"So what brings you to my neck of the woods, Vilaz… if I may ask? I mean not that it's not nice to see you again because it is. Last I knew you were pushing further coreward."

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

"Will I'll be seeing the doctor more often if I take the pie," the Munin said to the woman that could be taken as flirting. Those within earshot would be very surprised that they saw Vilaz flirting with Briika and would spread the gossip like wildfire. Everyone knew that the Cuir Rekr was single and never has been with anyone. Hell, he has never flirted with a woman until now. Now everyone would assume that Vilaz had feelings for the blonde medic, but the Warrior could care less what people thought of this.

Did he had feelings for Briika? He couldn't deny that there was a fire of romance that sparked within him ever since he met the battle medic, but it was far to be seen if these two would tie the knot and be a couple.

The bridge between their sapphire eyes was longer than it should have, but it was broken whenever someone gave credits to Briika in exchange for some produce that Briika was selling. The Tor put the money within a cashier box and then turned her attention back to him. Once again, their eyes met and would continue to stare at each other until something happened.

"Well, every old man needs to rest their bones," he said, with a humorous tone, "so what better way to fuel up than to get some pies and get a drink?" He didn't mention the part that he wanted to see her because that would just blow his cover. So far, the Munin thought he was doing pretty well, but this was his first time with trying to get in a relationship with someone. Bree could probably spot his true intentions since she was married two times, but who knew what the attractive medic thought.

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

Briika chuckled softly to herself at the Wolf's remark that he'd take the pie option then. She was hoping Vilaz would choose that one. After all the baar'ur had rather enjoyed going on the raid that he'd led against the Lononar shipyards, and their lighthearted banter they had exchanged over private comms in-between kicking the Republic's shebs.

If truth be told, the experience had left the golden blonde feeling a little more happy than not when thinking about the rugged Concordian after returning to Mandalore, and maybe a tad bit sad that they had parted ways as duty called to each somewhere else.

A sweet, knowing smiled graced her face at the mention of Vilaz fueling up on pies and wanting a drink. The seemingly confirmed bachelor was asking Briika to join him without blurting it out for all of Keldabe to hear.

"Mhm well I'd love to get a spiced caf so maybe I could join you then… That way I can check your blood sugar afterwards," Bree winked, then added with mocked fear dancing in her blue-green eyes. "I would not want Mand'alor to get upset with me because my pies put his most trusted Cuir Rekr into a diabetic coma now would I."

With that giddy quip said, she motioned for the warrior to pick his goods from those on the table before her, then turned to the Tor farm's foreman at the other end of the stall and waved to him.

​"I'm going, Ed… If I'm not back before you tear the stall down, just give the leftover produce to the food bank, and leave the speeder truck. I'll take it back to the farm later. Enjoy your evening with Cin. Vore!"

"​Ret'urcye mhi, Briika… And you too," the wounded vet smirked eyeing the two move off as he set out a new bushel basket of cherry red tomatoes with his shiny bilateral prosthetic-metal hands showing.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Right now, Vilaz had a gut feeling that he was doing good and swell with his approach to Briika. With her chuckling, smiling, and winking at him, he knew he was on the right road on getting Bree's affection for him. Maybe he did got some percentage of it at Loronar, but not the whole package deal. It was obvious that the blonde had earned his affection because id she didn't, then he wouldn't be here buying some of her devilish pies and taking her to the tipcaf that was nearby the the stall that was selling produce and deserts from the Tor's farmlands.

"You let me deal with Ra. I'm sure he'll understand why I got in a coma," and topped off what he said with a wink from his right eye.and chuckled what Bree was saying about checking his blood sugar and and being worried about what Ra would say if his Akaan wasn't doing that great in the field of battle. He would then place enough credits for one pie so that the two could share. Not because he was cheap, but he thought it'd be more...romantic if they did.

Once the lovely battle medic informed one of her workers that she was taking her leave and that he was in charge, the couple then head off the tipcaf to enjoy some time with each other and to get some drinks. Obviously, he didn't went to grab her hand because it would've seemed to sudden for Bree. Right now it wasn't time for him to step up the plate and attempt holding her hand without working for it. Only time would dictate when it was perfect for him to hold her hand. "I bet you enjoyed that raid on Loronar, right?" No doubt did she did after the comments that they sent each other on private comms that only he and her could hear.

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

It didn't get past Briika that the rugged Concordian only bought one pie and that he'd left a nice tip too on the table for Ed to put away into the cashier box. Was Vilaz trying to impress her, maybe… Was it working, maybe more than not.

To be honest, the blonde baar'ur didn't know what she really wanted at this point in her life. Briika had been with two good men despite the outcomes. The question was… was she ready for a third? Was this confirmed bachelor ready for her? Rumors had it the Alor of Clan Munin had never wanted to settle down or even ever had a serious relationship, and he had to be closer to forty than her. So why now? Was he really interested in her or… just increasing his aliit numbers? Briika really hoped it was the former. The Wolf did seem sincere, well so far in his affections towards the Enceri-born.

They quickly found a table inside the tapcaf. One of the reasons Briika liked this place was the crowd at the Cikartan weren't as rowdy nor nosey generally as the one down the street at the Oyu'baat. There, everyone's business was everyone's business… Here, it was a bit more discrete. though eyes had already gazed upon the couple and whispers abounded in the backdrop as drinks were raised and bets placed.

"I did enjoy it… especially our little chats in between kicking shebs. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. It was good to stretch my legs again on the front line too. I hope I'll be called upon to go on more raids, if you'll have me," Bree smiled, then turned to the waitress who had sauntered up.

"I'll have a spiced caf, and better give us two forks as seems we are sharing this pie," the golden blonde grinned, blue eyes catching the other pair across from her.

After the waitress took the Cuir Rekr's order, Briika asked the big question on her mind. "So how long are you fixing to stay on Mandlalore for, Vilaz? You got a place to rest those old bones of yours? she quipped lightly, keeping that joke alive, then the offer came out of the seasoned medic's mouth before catching it on her filter.

"I have room at the homestead, if you don't.

Gods that probably sounded way forward, when Bree didn't mean it to be… or did she? Force help her! Why did this man intrigue her so much?!

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

As soon as they entered the tipcaf, all the patrons took their eyes off from whatever they were staring at and looking at the couple of Vilaz and Briika. Could Vilaz blame them on whispering if the Munin and the Tor were dating each other and that they were betting if they were or weren't? Not really, since most Mandalorians knew that the Cuir Rekr had les a life of solitude up until this moment. Nevertheless, he enjoyed his privacy and he was sure that Briika would also love for some privacy. So he gave a stare to all of the patrons and waiters within the tipcaf; and that stare was one in which the bringer of war would bring nothing but trouble to those that were gossiping of this site. Sure, that wouldn't stop people from telling this to their friends and family, but it would stop the whisperings and the betting. He would then have his blue eyes look into Bree's once more.

"I'm glad you did. I'll make sure to save a spot just for you and give you a call," he said to the blonde, giving her a grin. When the waiter came up to their table, the eye contact between the two was disrupted, Briika ordered a spiced caf which the Alor also ordered. After that, they were left alone and he resumed having his ocean-like eyes on the woman in front of him.

"I'm gonna be here for three days, and I don't got a place to stay to rest these old bones cause I just got here," the Alor answered her questions with humor in his bones, but then the most unexpected thing came from the beautiful Mandalorian.

She offered him a place to stay at her homestead without filtering her words. He chuckled softly, blue eyes still looking at hers. Now this proved that he was definitely on her mind. Not being rude at her offer he replied back with a, "If you won't mind having me, then I'd love to. Besides, I'll have the doctor right there checking up on me." He finished his sentence with a wink at the battle medic.

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

With the look that the Wolf of War gave the busy buddy patrons, it suddenly got quiet in the tapcaf, and actually it was quite nice. At least now the two could talk and hear each other perfectly. A warm smile came to the golden blonde's lips as Vilaz accepted the impromptu offer of a place to stay during his visitation of the Mandalorian capital world. Briika knew the Cuir Rekr's time was invaluable so best make do with the time they did have together to actually get to know each other outside of battle. Because, it certainly was coming or more so was here already staring them in the face; the elephant in the room so to speak.

"Wow, three whole days… I'm sure I can find something to keep you out of trouble for that long. I look forward to your company then," Bree nodded with a twinkle in her blue-green eyes.

After the waitress brought them their spiced cafs and two forks, Briika picked her utensil up but waited. "I know you're probably going to say ladies first, but I already know how this peach pie is going to taste… Please, go right ahead. Emuurir," she said, flashing a sweet grin.

The fruit dessert had a flaky, criss-cross crust over the top of the peach filling with a couple of leaf designs and a solid crust on the bottom. The spices of the mixture were of sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. This was her mother's recipe handed down from her mother. Briika's buir always told her there were two ways to a man's heart; one through the scope of her rifle, and the other through their stomach. She hoped that both were attractive enough for the rugged Concordian's tastes.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

"Well, I sure am enjoying your company right now," the Munin said to the Tor, with a grin on his face. He would've loved to have her company in his youth, but those times were the ones in which he was too concern and afraid to get into a relationship with a woman. While he wasn't afraid of anything he was, however, afraid to repeat the actions of his deceased father. He refused to be an abusive and drunk husband, but now he really accepted for who he truly was and admitted the fact that he was the son of a man with bad actions and motives but that he was nothing like him at all. So far he proved that with his adopted son and the two shared a mutual, caring relationship with each other. Knowing that he didn't treat Lok in an abusive manner, the Mandalorian knew he was ready to have a romantic relationship with a woman. He wished it didn't take him thirty-eight years of his life to figure out he was capable to be a loving and caring father and husband unlike his late father, but he was happy nonetheless.

But some would ask why he blocked other women and only had eyes for the beautiful blonde in front of him. Was it love at first sight? Was he desperate to have a wife? All Vilaz knew that he had feelings for Bree because of what happened on Loronar. Those words that they said to each other on their private, encrypted comm channel was the main factor why he had feelings for her. Obviously, he wasn't dead sure that he loved her, but that didn't dismiss the fact of those feelings he had for Briika.

As they were given their forks and spiced caf, he was about to tell the battle medic to take the first bite but was told to have it first. The pie looked delicious and hoped the same for the taste. "Here goes," he said, giving her a grin before getting a piece of the peach pie. Without hesitation he ate it and began breaking it down the food contents with his teeth and saliva. He rarely ate any sweets or desserts, but this was delighting his taste buds. He raised his eyebrows and emitted a noise that symbolized he enjoyed the taste of the pie. "I bet you've gotten so many trophies cause of this sucker," the Alor said to Briika, giving her more compliments of her pie.

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

Briika watched with great anticipation as the Wolf took his first bite. If how she was reading his face and the sounds he was making, Vilaz liked it a lot. The man had approved of her shooting back on Lononar, and now seemingly her cooking here… Things were looking up. Hopefully Munin would enjoy her homestead as well. She'd put a lot of work into making it a nice yaim. Time would tell if the rugged Concordian was like minded in that accord too.

"Elek… A ribbon or two I suppose. I just generally like to cook. It's a nice distraction from my sometimes stressful duties, and I guess a good lure for getting me a more than pleasant companion to share it with."

The golden blonde smiled warmly, then slipped her fork in as well and took a small bite of the fruity pastry dish. She had gotten a good do on it that's for sure. The fork was set down and the mug of spiced caf gripped, then brought to her mouth. With a little blow of air given first, Briika took a sip, then put it down, keeping her fingers hugging the sides; a habit of hers especially in the cool of the mornings when she sat outside on the back porch and watched the sun come up over the horizon. Early to bed, early to rise was this farm girl's norm, unless otherwise occupied, but that hadn't been for a long time; since Graad had left, and that chapter in her life was closed.

"I like to hunt and fish. Growing up in North Country, we did that a lot… How about you? Got much of that on Concord Dawn?" Bree asked curiously, blue eyes gazing sweetly at the others across the table. His were more sapphire in color than hers, and intriguing. She wished there was a more romantic way to describe them, but they called to Bree to search them out further. Eyes were supposed to be the window to the soul, and with that in mind another sip of the hot drink was taken.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

"Hmm, I think your cooking is gonna lure me to your place whenever I'm free," the Cuir Rekr said to the blonde before taking a sip of his spiced caf. Now, Vilaz didn't cook often and really didn't know how to cook most things which was left to the labor droids in his house; however, he knew how grill meats and vegetables which was tasty and good to both him and his adopted son, but no one else really had given it a try. One day he'd have bring Bree some of his grilled food to her and see if she liked the taste of Concord Dawn.

As the battle medic spoke again, the man looked at her and listened carefully to each syllable from her mouth. Apparently, she was a hunter like him which was something a quality that he liked in a woman, along with with her cooking, the accuracy of her aim, her beauty, and the fact that she was country girl. All the things that he looked for in a woman were right here in front of him. He wondered if his qualities appealed to the Tor in which he definitely thought that she did and was attracted to them.

"Oh, yeah, on Concord Dawn we have those kinds of things. I do a lot of hunting and fishing. Sometimes I do some bounty hunting with the guys, and I help out to enforce the law with the Journeyman Protectors cause it can get a little bit noisy," the Warrior said to the beautiful blonde as he told her what were some of his habits when he wasn't on the clock. His sapphire eyes and her azure eyes looked at each other and they were both intrigued by the looks of them. Behind those blue eyes of Vilaz would be a history that was unlike Bree's. He never really got the cards that he wanted to play up until he adopted Lok from the Underworld of Coruscant. That was when his life really changed. And now he could he even have a happier life with Bree. "So how's it like being a medic? I've always imagined that it's kinda hectic and traumatizing."

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

"Well my door will always be open when you're here… A place to stay and a hot meal of course," Bree smiled, then quickly clarified so that it didn't sound like an open offer for other things just like that. I mean it would be putting the cart before the horse, right?

The golden blonde took another sip of the spiced caf, letting the warmth sooth her nervous stomach as she watched him enjoy the homemade dessert. The way Vilaz had been looking at her with those 'dangerous' baby blues of his kinda melted her insides. With his longish, wild hair and scruffy face, the Cuir Rekr sure gave off the facade of being a hard man, yet she was finding he wasn't anything like that. Underneath all that chiseled bravado there was a country gentleman lurking to come out and be explored. Or so the medic thought.

"Being a baar'ur can be that, but more so it's rewarding. I like helping people, and hopefully making a difference through my calling. Sometimes it's the simplest of treatments to make a patient feel better, others it's by performing amazing medical feats, then there are those that there are no more miracles and they just need their hand held, a comforting measure until they march away. I try not to let it eat me up, but there are those that do leave their mark… Children are the hardest to lose," she nodded, then took another sip of the hot drink.

Not many knew that Briika had been pregnant when her first husband had been taken by the rapture. Their second child came too early and died in her arms, and is buried in the family grave site in Enceri in a thicket of Galek trees and yellow amber ferns.

"So I understand you have a son... Lok is it? How nice for you. Tell me about him?" Bree inquired with sincere curiosity, then picked up her fork again and snuck another small bite of the pie.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

As Vilaz melted the insides of Bree by just looking at her with his attractive blue eyes, his heart began racing as she looked at him with those luring azure eyes of her. Feeling the fast pacing of his heart was a new thing to him. He never had this feeling before at all in his life, and he wanted to discover more emotions and feelings that were foreign and strange to him. In fact, his heart had been racing ever since their eyes met at the market just that his heart had been picking up a notch or two right now. "Well, thank you for the offer, Bree. My doors are also open to you whenever you come on down to Concord Dawn," he said with a smile, offering her a place to stay whenever she wanted to come to his homeworld. He could bet that the two of them would be seeing each other whenever they had the first chance and opportunity. Well, at least he knew that he'd be racing across the stars just to see the lovely battle medic when they were both free from their duties.

Taking another slice of pie, the Munin listened closely and gave all his attention to the Tor when she talked about how it was for her to be a medic. The Alor knew he was bad with medicine, but he knew the basics like applying bacta to a wound. Other things like extracting a slug from the body was out of his league. "Well, all I can say is that you're a tough woman for doing that. I don't think this old man has the guts to do that," and gave her a smile as well as a compliment to the work she liked doing.

And then she asked him about his adopted son. There was a lot to talk about Lok especially since the boy was nothing like the Cuir Rekr at all. "Well, I adopted Lok from the Underworld of Coruscant. I was taking a stroll down there and then I saw a gang teenagers ganging up on him and beating him up, and that ticked me off. So I went over there and taught those kids a lesson that I'm sure they won't forget. Then I saw Lok all bloody, beaten up, and just depressed," he took a quick breath before continuing, "I saw myself when I looked at him, so I adopted him and I took him into a new life that's way better than the one he had on Coruscant. I love and take care of him, but he can sometimes be a pain," and stopped with a chuckle, his intriguing eyes still looking at Briika's gorgeous eyes.

"How 'bout you, Bree? Got any kids?" His tone was like was hers when she asked him about Lok.

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

"Well I just may take you up on that offer. I have to do rounds periodically at the hospital there… I will definitely let you know when I plan to come."

Briika listened thoughtfully to the rugged Concordian tell the story of how he adopted his son. It sounded as if Vilaz was in the right place at the right time. Maybe meant to be. The Manda acted in strange ways, like these two meeting in later life as opposed to earlier. She didn't think the Wolf would have liked the eighteen year old Briika. He certainly seemed enthralled with the thirty-something one though! And she liked that.

"Ade can be pains, though we love em anyways, just don't' have to like the bad behavior. I think the teenage years are far worse than the terrible two's. It's when the hormones kick in one has to watch out, you know with all the back talk and defiance. Though, that wasn't allowed to happen much in my yaim," Bree smirked with a light chuckle. When you get two females PMSing in a house at the same time, things could get ugly, but that had been a rare thing, mostly. The Enceri-born usually didn't lash out when upset.

"Elek I do! I have two, a boy and girl, and a grandson," the golden blonde smiled proudly, then added. "Mesh'la is eighteen, married and just gave me my first grand baby. He's named after my late brother. Then, there is Jair, who is ten. He's off with his buir taking on the galaxy," she nodded, then took the last sip of her spiced caf.

"So it's just me, myself, and I at the homestead now, well and the farmhands, but they have their own quarters in a bunkhouse, and come and go as they please when their work is done. Ed there outside is my foreman. He's very hardworking and dedicated to the farm. If he and his cyar'ika take the plunge, I may as a wedding present give them some acreage to help start their new life together."

Another smile came, then the medic continued.

Ed is one of my success stories from the rehab program I instituted with the help of MandalMedical and the Medical Corps. The verd lost both his arms in a demo blast, and hasn't been able to tolerate advanced prosthetics so he's stuck with the old metal ones, which give him limited mobility. He was a skilled goran like both my buir and vod before. Farming is something he can do, and I need someone to watch over the farm while I'm gone. It has worked out well."

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

The Munin could continue more about his adopted son and him, but he was focused on the battle medic and wanted to know more about her. That was one way to earn the affection of a woman, right? Just put an adequate amount of attention on Bree and continue to build the bond so that it could develop into something more. But now knowing that Briika was a mother and a grandmother, he knew that he would have to win the affection of her children and possibly her grandson. "Well, looks like I'm not the only one that's old. But that's wonderful, Bree. I'm sure your kids are good looking as their mother," a warm smile and a soft chuckle came from Vilaz as he complimented about Bree's children and her stunning looks.

He then listened to the Tor's story about Ed who was the man that Vilaz met earlier when talking to Bree in the marketplace. The disabled soldier was one of the many miracles that Bree performed on the injured Mandalorians that could be saved from the heat of battle. So far he hadn't earned any deep scars and awful wounds whenever unleashing rage upon the field of battle. Sure, he'd experience bruises but those were nothing in comparison to the ones Ed had succumbed to. "Well, at least he is doiinf what he can and if it wasn't for one heck of a medic, then who knows," he said with a compliment to the woman he was falling for and beamed at her.

"Tell me more about yourself. I'm really curious." He ate another piece of pie and then there was one piece left. Wonder who'll get the last piece?

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

A blush tinged her high cheek bones as Vilaz complimented her children and looks. It felt good to be wanted, admired again if she was honest with herself. Briika was a caring, compassionate person at heart and at this moment in time had no one to show that too other than her patients, which the medic did know they appreciated. It was different though coming from a man, one as honorable as the Cuir Rekr, the Akaan, sitting across from her.

"Old enough to know better," Bree quipped back with a soft chuckle.

"It's more so Ed… He always had hope so I just piggy backed on it and gave him something to strive for, pushing until the man could be a man again in his own eyes," she nodded, then hesitantly picked up her fork once more and took another small bite of pie. A walk around the homestead later would be needed to burn off all the calories consumed here. Why not kill too birds with one stone and give a tour at the same time. The blonde was certain the rugged Concordian would appreciate her farm as well.

"Me… Um well I was born in Enceri on a small farm. My father is a goran by trade, my mother a baau'ur as well though she specializes in midwifery. I think she's helped to bring most of my generation into this world up there in North Country," Bree smiled brightly, then continued.

"I grew up with two brothers, one older, one younger. I was a bit of a tomboy I suppose, and took to range weapons quickly, but still learned the ways of the household too. After my elder vod died, I decided to move to Keldabe and make my own way here. Field Marshals Strider and Ordo took me under their wing. I was the battle medic for their ori'ramikad unit. That is where I met my first riduur. Kable and I married, then had Mesh'la right away… I lost our second child soon after the rapture happened. Several years went by before Graad came into our lives. My daughter needed a father figure and well the vhett fit the bill nicely. We married and soon had our son, Jair. Both marriages were good, but… well it is what it is. The last couple of years caused a lot of strife for my family and my-ex husband needed some fresh air, which wasn't here with me," she offered matter of fact, trying to keep her emotions in check, which were more in a general sense not so much a longing for any specific part of what she'd said.

"And you? What makes you tick so vividly, brave and true, Vilaz? Mand'alore wouldn't have named you one of his Four Wolves for nothing," the golden blonde inquired with sincere admiration.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

He saw her blush, and frankly that gave a warm, happy feeling inside of him. He didn't know why, but it was a good feeling to sense. He knew he lightened her day up and made her extremely happy when he complimented about her children and her beautiful, gorgeous looks that captivated his eyes just like he captivated her eyes with his appealing blue eyes. His gut and institutes assumed that he was doing very, very well with the battle medic. But was it enough for cuddles, caresses, and maybe some kisses? Vilaz wasn't sure, but time would tell and he would allow Bree to make the first move because he didn't want to force himself on Bree and make her feel uncomfortable. Those were two things he really wanted to avoid if he wanted their relationship to blossom into something more divine.

As she began to tell Vilaz more about herself, his ears were perked up and blocked out any other noises that didn't belong that Bree sweet and lovely voice. At first, he thought the Bree's life from her past up until the present was great and excellent with some imperfection edges around it. A life that was better than the times of his youth, but he was so wrong. She had lost a brother, been divorced by her second husband, lost her first husband in the rapture, and worse of all she lost her second newborn child. He saw how the Battle Medic kept her emotions in check and he felt bad for her. He was silent as he didn't know what exactly to say to her, but he thought it was best not to dwell on those bad and awful moments in Bree's life.

The fact about the beautiful blonde being married twice didn't bother him at all. Not even one ounce of it. The Cuir Rekr would accept Bree all the same way. Would he had love to be her first love and romantic interest? Absolutely, but the Munin would think and hope that he would be Bree's last and true love.

Then her spotlight came to him and asked him of his life. He smiled at her before he started speaking,"Well, I guess Ra knows that I can pack a punch on anyone that decides to mess around with us. Whenever someone like the Republic or the Sith decides to step on our toes, I'm gonna bite back really viciously. That being said, I really care about all of us Mandalorians and I will always be on the front lines fighting for you, Lok, and everyone that's a Mandalorian, and that's why I'm always brave true." He took his last sip of his spiced caf once he stopped talking and continued to smile at the woman. He was sure that Bree wanted to know more about him and he would be glad to do so...even if it meant opening old scars that he wished to not see again.

[member="Briika Tor"]

Briika Munin

Briika listened thoughtfully as Vilaz answered her question; the blonde medic's blue-green orbs getting lost in his crystal blue pools as the rugged Concordian spoke. Even though his voice was gravely, it was still endearing and soothing actually.

"I knew that was why, but to hear you say is more meaningful than you'll know," Bree smiled warmly, then tucked some of her golden hair behind her ear; a nervous habit.

Yes, Briika had so many more questions for the Cuir Rekr, but perhaps a better venue for delving deeper in to the man would be at her place where it was more private and comfortable.

"What do you say we head out to the homestead? I'll need to check and feed the livestock here soon, and I can give you a tour at the same time. I have meat in the slow cooker, which should be ready for an evening meal by the time we're all finished," she smiled again in a sweet and hopeful way.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Vilaz didn't and wouldn't break eye contact with the gorgeous blonde that was sitting across from him. He could stare at those azure eyes all day and everyday. Both of their eyes had cast a spell on one another and they were just getting sucked into the iris of the wondrous spheres they were staring into. No doubt would they have to break that bridge between their eyes momentarily when someone or something caught their attention, but they would want to hurry up with whatever they were looking at so that their eyes could meet again and stare at each other for as long as they could.

"Well, I guess I'll be doing that now that you say that," the Munin said to the Tor with a smile, noticing Bree tuck some of her hair behind ear. A sign of being nervous and he couldn't blame her because he was nervous, too. His right foot was tapping the floor repeatedly and tried to not make a noise out of it.

Then Bree had asked Vilaz if he wanted to head on over to her place, and he really did. He wanted to get away from the prying ears of the patrons and enjoy his time with the battle medic in a much more private and comfortable place. They'd have all the time to get know each other better and maybe have special moments with one another. "I'd love to, Bree. I can help you out feeding the livestock so that we can get done with all the chores quickly. I also can't wait to taste more of your cooking." He smiled at Bree, and motioned for their waitress to come so that he could pay their bill and tip her off.

[member="Briika Tor"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom