Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Blazing Tremor Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: http://epicthings.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Fantasy-Sword.jpg

Intent: Moira Kataline's personal blade
Manufacturer: Moira Kataline
Model: modified Jedi weaponry
Affiliation: The Republic, The Jedi Order
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Materials: Tungstoid, Modified Energy Cell, Sonic Emitter, Thermal Emitter, External Field Emitter.
Classification: Sword
Size: Hand-and-a-half
Length: 1.25 meters
Weight: 3.5 kg
Special Features: immunity to lightsabers, blaster deflect, keen edge. Cannot be upgraded or modified due to the way the weapon was pieced together.

Description:

While it is immune and functions relatively the same as a lightsaber, it is slightly unstable, and occasionally deactivates due to its massive output. This weapon was created to combat lightsaber duelists. It is slightly longer than the average lightsaber and it is a balanced weapon.

Purpose of components (description cont'd)

Modified Energy Cell - created in the Czerka labs allowing a steady beam of energy to be discharged and contained
Thermal Emitter - Adds to the strength of the weapon but makes the weapon unstable due to the heat enhancing the power output used over all. The instability caused by this makes it a deadly weapon but can also become a fatal opening. It can leave the Tungstoid blade vulnerable, even if it has a slight resistance to the energy blade of a lightsaber.
External Field Emitter - creates a field of electricity and energy that acts in a similar manner to a force cage, but matches the shape of the blade, giving it the ability to deflect blaster fire and defend against lightsaber attacks as well as keep its integrity and ability to deal damage to opponents as would any sword.

Tungstoid is a metal commonly used to make ships and blast doors. It has a slight resistance to lightsaber cuts and has the ability to deflect blaster shots. An example of its resistance to lightsabers is its ability to slow the cut speed of an enraged Anakin.
-------------------------------
The weapon is semi-unique since one can be created for another character, but it is highly intricate and dangerous to make, meaning the chances she will make another one are slim to none unless she needs to remake one for herself. Since Moira is an engineer, she has the technical skills to be able to pull off creating this weapon even if it takes her a long time to craft.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Moira Kataline"]

Ok. I get that you're trying to make a simple and straightforward "physical sword" that can stand up to a lightsaber. So I'm going to try and not nitpick too much here.

Can you please explain what benefit the Xonolite metal provides? As far as I am aware, its only use is for the manufacture of drugs. Because, from the research I'm pulling up, the chemicals/metals in this sword could also be used to make people explode.

"Nkllonian lava extract was an illegal drug at the time of the Galactic Empire. Extracted from the metal xonolite consumed by Mustafar's Jawenko lava beast, the drug was often transported to Nkllon, where it became an underworld craze.

When taken, the Nkllonian lava extract enters the users bloodstream and liquifies their internal organs. The lava extract could not be taken at its fullest, for if one used one hundred percent of it at once, they would spontaneously combust. This deadly side effect was famously revealed when it happened to a male Balosar from Coruscant."

Outside of this, could you please explain in the description how the blade and its component parts function. I need to know why and how the blade (which does not use lightsaber resistant materials) manages to withstand lightsabers (I'm assuming because of how the sonic and thermal emitters function), and how each item listed in the Materials section of your submission works, how they interact with eachother, and how they interact with the blade.

I don't need you to get super technical, though you can if you wish. I just need a brief description of how and why the sword works the way it does and what its limitations are. (such as weighing more than a lightsaber, thus being slower)

Purpose of components

Modified Energy Cell - created in the Czerka labs allowing a steady beam of energy to be discharged and contained
Sonic Emitter - A Systech product with a little extra umph added to the emissions, releasing quick bursts of sound that has the ability to disrupt energy on occasion (occurs randomly)
Thermal Emitter - Adds to the strength of the weapon but makes the weapon unstable due to the heat enhancing the power output used over all. The instability caused by this makes it a deadly weapon but can also become a fatal opening. It can leave the xonolite blade vulnerable, even if it has a slight resistance to the energy blade of a lightsaber.
External Field Emitter - creates a field of electricity and energy that acts in a similar manner to a force cage, but matches the shape of the blade, giving it the ability to deflect blaster fire and defend against lightsaber attacks as well as give it the ability to deal damage to opponents.

Xonolite is a metal that was used to enhance and strengthen the closed structures of the Mustafar mining station. Though it was more commonly used in black market drug dealing.

-------------------------------
I looked at the way the weapon was so I made it semi-unique since one can be created for another character, but it is highly intricate and dangerous to make, meaning the chances she will make another one are slim to none unless she needs to remake one for herself. Since Moira is an engineer, she has the technical skills to be able to pull off creating this weapon even if it takes her a long time to make.

I have given the information you asked for, it is up to you all now.

[member="War Hydra"]

[member="Moira Kataline"]
Given its capabilities and the complexity of its design, I am going to request a 10 Post Development Thread.

If you don't want to do that, remove the Sonic Emitter and its accompanying abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom