Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Blackmoor Personal Combat deflector shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
HYqEom2.jpg

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Multi-purpose

• Weight: Light

• Resistances (For each category choose from:
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
- Kinetic: Average
- Lightsabers: High
- EMP: (for user) None
- EMP (For itself): Average
- Sonic blasters (geonosian sonic blasters): High
- Wide range sonic weapons (Explosion sounds, Flashbangs): None
- Environment (for user): Average (dependent on area)
- Environment (for gauntlet): High

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Deflector shield: The gauntlet produces a (size altering) deflector shield which was semi-inspired by similar designs like the Gungan Personal energy shield. Meant for working against both physical and energy based weaponry. The deflector shield can reflect blaster fire, lightsabers, and kinetic attacks, making it a good multi-purpose weapon. The shield size can be altered somewhat, from seven feet top to bottom, to just 3 feet. This is done by the change of projectors direction and energy use.

• Gauntlet sized: The shield generator is the size of a gauntlet held around on arm, making it very light and easy to carry.

• Reinforced Duraplast construction: In order to ensure combat effectiveness, the gauntlet itself is made of reinforced duraplast. This means it has a very high durability to other weaponry, and could be used effectively, with the appropriate reaction times, even if the energy reserves ran out. So it retains its very high resistance to damage. So it retains its resistance even when out.

• Battery pack: The deflector shield has a battery that can last around 2 hours if it isn’t hit, the more and more powerful attacks that hit it however, the faster it goes down. These battery packs are easy to replace by a slot on the inside of the arm. Exchanging them quickly to recharge.

• Environmentally safe: The gauntlet can be taken to any condition and remain functional, including underwater, as it is important to have a tool that can be used anywhere. It was sealed water and dust tight and its good durability helps ensure it doesn’t obtain too many dents or cuts.

• EMP resistant: While it won't protect the user much from EMP's, the shield itself is set up so that one couldn't take it out. A powerful shock directly to the gauntlet might cause interior damage, but most other EMP's to the weapon would not be sufficient.

Strengths:

• Lightweight

• Duraplast construction and energy shield have Excellent resistance to blasters, lightsabers, and sonic blasters

• Changeable size

• Easily replaced rechargeable batteries

• Can be used in most environments

• EMP ressistant.

Weaknesses:

• User can still feel impact of most physical weapons, just lessened

• Sonic explosions and other things that move around walls or shields can still be effective on user. Due to its size, sonic blasters still get pushed off. But sonic cannons would be very dangerous.

• Battery does have a limit, constant war can be problematic

• Lack of weight means it cannot be used offensively as well.

• Really high powered weapons like rocket launches can often still cause damage, usually breaking the arm of the user and the concussive force sometimes being enough to kill them anyway. It also may reduce the life of the deflector shield by a far faster rate if not endangering its integrity
DESCRIPTION
The Personal Combat Deflector Shield is a convenient infantry or common use tool. It is especially good for body guards who need to be able to stand up to short term fire, but need to remain mobile. They work well when there is a need for fair priced shields that have a good range of applicability but are primarily defensive based. The shield is a duraplast gauntlet which produces a multipurpose deflector shield ranging from 7 ft tall to 3 ft tall. It was somewhat inspired by the Gungan personal Energy shield in regards to its size and uses. But Tasha wanted to have a more modern version that could be carried on person easily. Unlike the altered full body bubble shields, these versions allow a greater amount of control on deflection, and making it possible to use it in melee combat.

[member="Tasha Blackmoor"]

Hi, I'm Vis and I will be reviewing your submission! I really like that you have reinvigorated the old Gungan shields. I always thought they were cool.

At first glance your submission is slightly underpowered. You have two points to raise stats with if you desire and can do with them as you like, however I just want to remind you that 'Very High' and 'Extreme' ratings aren't proper for "Mass Production" items. Otherwise, yeah, beef it up! ;)

Otherwise, it's all good from what I can see here, so please let me know if you want to bump things up or leave it as it is! Great sub, nicely done, and we can approve it when you're ready!

[member="Visanj T'shkali"]
Thanks! I always thought they were really useful and wondered why they weren't more common among soldiers or guards.
Ok so I added an EMP resistance (for itself), upped the sonic blaster resistance, and turned down the ones that were very high.

I did wonder, if I made it closed market could it have the very high ressistances? Cause I got that approved for my Cirgun-plate-body-armor because someone said duraplast has very high resistance to lightsabers.

[member="Tasha Blackmoor"]

Thanks for making those changes.

Open-Market or Closed-Market have no bearing on resistances or balancing when it comes to the Factory. Where this becomes an issue is in deciding who can use them and what permission is required. Open-market generally means no permission is needed, while closed-market requires at least a 'purchase' at the marketplace. Personally speaking, I usually opt for the latter, as it allows me some measure of control over who is using my stuff. But regarding balancing a sub, it makes no bearing.

Duraplast is a wonderful thing, and offers a variety of terrific advantages. Turadium, Norris Root, Beskar, Phrik, Cortosis, etc. all are lightsaber resistant as well.

But for this one...it looks good to go! Nice job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom