Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackmail (Lady Kay)

Zoltan Rarsk

Tactical Espionage Operations
Zoltan quietly tapped away at the small keyboard in front of him, as various images flashed upon the screen. While Zoltan typically got his men and agents to do the dirty work for him, in this situation, he felt that it was imperative that he handle the situation himself. A golden opportunity had unveiled itself to Zoltan, and it was a way to strike back at the Republic that betrayed him. Zoltan had managed to dig up some information on a rising senator in Republican politics by the name of Lady Kay, who apparently had some secrets she didn't want to get out. According to his old comrades back within the Republic, had informed the scarred man that she was sensitive to the force, and to common knowledge of people across the galaxy, if you were even slightly intuned to the nature of the Force, you were barred from holding Republic public office.

Thanks to said contacts, he managed to acquire a way to contact Kay, and with his information, blackmail was the only suitable option for him to go. A dull ringing noise emitted from the monitor only to be interrupted by a shrill click. "Hello, is this..."Lady Kay?" Zoltan asked with a dull tone in his voice.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Zoltan Rarsk"]

Kay was at her desk in her small office. She had no assistants or secretaries as she preferred to handle everything on her own. It was better that way. However the Minister of Intelligence did inform her that an agent would be fulfilling that role soon enough. In the meantime she did what she could to cover some of her tracks. It wasn't as though she had done anything illegal, it's just that recent amendments to current laws have called her past actions into question.

As she was busy working a.....call was coming through? How odd. Maybe it was from one of the slicers that she had working for her as of late. After a moment she accepted the call and waited. That voice was one that she didn't recognize. So instead of acknowledging her identity, she just simply asked, "Who is this?"

Zoltan Rarsk

Zoltan scowled as the person on the other end of the line didn't give out their name, but he had to expect something like this from the Minister of Intelligence. "I'm an investigative reporter who was sent out to get a series of interviews from high-ranking officials in the Republic. You're the first person I've been able to contact, so if you could put Kay on the linez that would be great. Unless you are Lady Kay, are you?" Zoltan asked, emphasizing the last sentence with a harsher tone in his voice. Zoltan didn't have time to be playing games, as he wanted to get straight to the point and extort this Kay woman.

Zoltan impatiently drummed his fingers on his keyboard, waiting for the other callers response.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

[member="Zoltan Rarsk"]

She raised a brow. Why would she need to put her name down? She wasn't the Minister of Intelligence, but she did have conversations with her. Instead of typing her name out which she found to be a very odd thing, she just spoke instead. "Yes this is Senator Kay...." If this reporter wanted to speak to a politician, then she used the title it gave her. "...Why are you conducting the interview in this manner? Surely there are better avenues." Of course there was always the possibility that the reporter was shy. But his voice sounded a bit more irritated than that.

Zoltan Rarsk

Zoltan clenched his fists as he heard her response. '​Why does she have to be so DIFFICULT!?!' H​e thought to himself. "Alright, let me cut to the chase: I know t​​hat you are...Shall we say, force sensitive, and knowing the recent measures that the Republic senate has put in place, this has put you in a very precarious position, hasn't it? Now, I have some things I wish to achieve, and you will abide by these goals, unless you want the most devastating scandal in recent history to rock the Republic? Is that clear, "Lady Kay."​ Z​oltan commanded, saying her name condescendingly. He was annoyed by the issues that had come up during their conversation, and he was getting straight to the point. While this wasn't appropriate for someone involved in political intrigue like him, which required patience and skill, he was getting fed up with the entire situation.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

[member="Zoltan Rarsk"]

Kay clenched her jaw. Although she figured he was making it out to be that she was more important to the Senate than she was, it was still a dangerous position that he was putting her in. Of course she had herself partly to blame. She had been doing too much in too short of time and that was bound to attract attention. More so than just the agents of GRIM.

"What is it that you want from me? ...Sir?..."

Zoltan Rarsk

Zoltan's scowl quickly turned into a cruel grin, matching the smile carved into his skin. "Fantastic we could get to the point. Seeing how you are involved with some intelligence work, I want some information.Black ops, assassinations, dirt on other factions, scandalous information covered up to save politicians hides, all of this, I want to know. Next, any information about your fellow senators, say, intel I can use against them, will be gladly appreciated. Now, I'm going to make the assumption that you'll tell your dear comrades about what has happened here and our little conversation we're having now, but I'll choose to ignore this as long as I get my information. Now, please talke, or your secret is going to spread like wildfire all across the Holonet!" He finished with a sadistic sense of glee.

Zoltan tapped a few more keys, as he loaded up the information of some slicers he knew, who would be glad to share Kay's secret all across the inner workings of the Holonet.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

[member="Zoltan Rarsk"]

Wow. Did he have his facts wrong. At least when it pertained to her occupation. She could have laughed at him then, but that would just set him off. No, she had to be a bit more gentle.

"Sir?....I don't know where you get your information from, but I would double-check your resources. I am not the Minister of Intelligence. I am only a Senator, and one of a planet that is not of any real significance to the Republic. So as for the information you seek, I am the wrong person to ask as I don't know the inner workings of the Senate..." She wanted to use the term blackmail, but decided against it. "...Most of my work is done away from the Senate and Republic space. My work is against the Hutt Cartel..I could provide you with information on the bills we pass, but honestly I am so out of the loop that I didn't know our Capital was attacked until weeks later."

Zoltan Rarsk

Zoltan pinched the bridge of his nose, as he exhaled hardly. 'That's what you get for trusting slicers over the Holonet. Should've actually trusted your sources back in the Republic.' He thought angrily. "I don't care! Whatever you know, spill it NOW or I spill your little secret to the Holonet! And we both don't want that to happen!" Zoltan tensely commanded. The edges of his field-of-vision seemed to pulse and throb, turning red at the corners. Zoltan didn't get angry easily, but this was raising his ire. His sources had failed him, and this Kay woman would most likely take him less seriously, which is horrible when negotiating.

A few more taps on the keyboard, and her secret would be sent to the world, and Zoltan was growing less and less patient by the second.

Kay-Larr

[member="Zoltan Rarsk"]

"I don't know much of anything outside of public knowledge. The last bill that was put through was for one to kill One Sith members on sight, but I haven't heard of anyone doing that. As I of said, I spend most of my time outside of Republic space. The Prime Minister and others have been busy with the move of the Capital after the last attack and the continuing attacks in Republic space. They are losing the war and they know it, yet still they fight on. Just as I would do. And I can't get into anymore specifics than that because I am not privy to that information."

She wondered if any of her allies with the One Sith knew of this man that was holding one of her secrets hostage. They probably wouldn't stand for it. No doubt she would let at least one of them know.

Zoltan Rarsk

Zoltan rubbed his temple, as he went back to address his increasingly annoying target. "​Final chance, you talk and reveal what you know, and I let you go on your merry way, or I will post this to the Holonet. You're really wearing my patience thin, so you have 5 seconds." H​e muttered coldly. Zoltan needed information n​ow or he was going to snap. His usually reliable contacts either lied to him or were utterly incompetent, and both were absolutely horrible. Would you rather be dealing with an idiotic insider, or someone who might've been deceiving you for years? Zoltan snapped out of his reverie, and turned his eyes back to the dull, blue monitor in front of him.

"​Five. Seconds." H​e angrily stated.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

She clenched her jaw. She had nothing that [member="Zoltan Rarsk"] had wanted. And telling him as much wasn't enough. Well, time to go another route.

"I don't have the information that you seek. If you are a slicer, then you could get the information yourself. I am most often in Hutt Cartel space rescuing slaves. And if you hadn't heard, they had me captive for a while. I was isolated from everything and even put me in a mental institution for a while. So you'll have to forgive me for not keeping up with current events. I am still in recovery...sir."

All of that was true, as she was never a good liar. But maybe letting him know of what was hidden from the public would at least help her in this situation.

Zoltan Rarsk

Zoltan clenched his jaw and simply decided to cut his losses. Kay knew somebody out there knew her secret, but he couldn't let anymore information get out, which would certainly cause his entire plan to be reduced to shambles. "​Good, whatever. Now, I'm terminating the call, and holding onto my information my dear comrade. So, keep that in mind while acting as slave liberator, or whatever you like to fancy yourself as. Perhaps the Hutts would enjoy my information, for the right price. Think about that for awhile." Z​oltan coldly stated with a noticeable edge in his voice.

The call ended with a resoundingly sharp and satisfying click, while Zoltan angrily got up and away from the monitor. He had to make some calls to his sources, as they had failed him for the only time, and now, the last time.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay didn't know how much the Cartel knew. But still, one could never be too careful. As the call ended she just stared off into nothing as she tried to figure out what to do. She'll need to find a better slicer.

Moments later she started her search through the holonet in order to find the information on who she was looking for. He was around there somewhere....

[member="Zoltan Rarsk"]

Zoltan Rarsk

Zoltan heard faint beeping as he began moving away from the room. He rushed over to see the room being bathed in a dull, red light as a message covered the entire screen with a single mesage:

LOCATION BEING TRACKED

Zoltan cursed, and began to leave the building, after hastily gathering the few belongings he had. The process was already too far along to stop, and the phantom knew he couldn't stay there long, as now a vengeful senator would know his location. He slammed the door to his meager living quarters open and rushed out of the building. "Not today senator, not today..." Z​oltan muttered, as he rapidly walked along the pavement outside of the building.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay had found one of the slicers that she had hired before. After some quick decoded messages between them, it wasn't long until they had discovered the location of the one blackmailing her, [member="Zoltan Rarsk"] . No doubt that in and of itself would trigger for him to leave. She smirked and then gathered some other information on a droid capable of doing many things in the holonet, as if it was his own playground. Looks like it was time for a trip to Mustafar for a meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom