Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Black Sheep

Lily Decoria Lily Decoria

Struggle in order to talk? Colette raised a curious brow at that. It seemed rather counterintuitive, but from the way others around the temple she also understood that she was seen as perhaps a little more naive than the rest of the people who had been there for a while. She supposed these encounters, similar to the ones Lily talked about, had a way of instilling a more pragmatic mindset.

"My elder once said that peace and chaos are related." Colette said and shifted in her seat. "Something about animals and how a predator can only act according to its nature unless shown something different? Like a nexu. They hunt ferociously, but even they need to rest and sleep at the end of the day."

"I think maybe what those people need is someone who understands them."
Colette said and shrugged. "Easy to be angry when you can't make others understand what it is that you want."

Peace and chaos being closely related? That seemed contradictory but Lily did not state her disagreement with the elder she knew nothing about.

"Perhaps, but then would you say that the Sith Empire's actions are stemmed from a lack of other's understanding?" Lily pointed out as she thought about what Colette was stating, understanding the need to be open and willing to hear the needs of others. However, there were those that one should not give their time to, ones whose hatred and evilness was too much.

Lily sipped her tea gently then looked back to Colette, "I did not mean to be so harsh with my words. It is just there are some that understanding, or attempting to understand is not a good idea. However, that is not the case for most of the galaxy, just a dangerous, very dangerous minority." Lily added as she realised her comment could be harsh for someone not use to debating.

"However, best we move onto cheerful topics. Have you explored Coruscant much?" Lily asked curiously.

Colette Colette

Colette was taken aback for a moment. Was one of the tenets of the code very specific about ignorance, and yet Lily seemed to imply that some things are better off being ignorant of. A confused look befell Colette as she listened to the rest of what Lily had to say. The conversation moved on no sooner than she figured out that she wanted to give a reply to say 'I do not know'.

"No." Colette said and shook her head. "I get lost in the temple already, I have no idea how well I'd fare in a city."

Which wasn't to mention the fact that it felt so dead inside. Okay, perhaps not such a dark of a comparison was necessary, but the lack of natural environments — genuine natural environments — irked Colette. People were out of touch with themselves, it made sense that they lived in such a constant state of stress.

"Is there something I need to see outside the temple?"
She asked, curious to at least hear Lily out.

It was clear that Lily had swiftly changed subjects that had confused and left Colette the ability to respond.

Lily smiled warmly and nodded her head. "I understand you there. I feel very much the same whenever I am walking around the temple. I only know where the training room to practice my katas and spar other is because of my morning routine. I wouldn't know where else to go if I was needed to be somewhere else." Lily confessed.

Pausing as she thought about what else there might be in Coruscant to explore, she looked out the window at the cityscape of the world. "I wouldn't know, I have never been here before. I only know Eshan, but I am sure there are plenty of sights or tourist spots here like any other world in the galaxy?" Lily looked over, "Do you wish to explore it someday?" Lily asked. curious as to the answer as she wondered what hers might be to such a question.

Colette Colette

"Of course." Colette said and smiled at Lily. "Master Noble said it is a good idea to get to know the people I want to protect."

"It's just a lot right now, and I'd rather step out into the wider world when the temple doesn't feel as big as a whole planet by itself."
She added and nodded. "Maybe when we're both a bit more familiar with the temple, we could take some time out to check it out?"

"I mean, if you want."

"Master Noble..." Lily had heard that name before. It was one that her aunt had mentioned and when she first arrive, Master Noble had been mentioned in who had assigned her to her Jedi mentor. "Sounds like good advice, I suppose it is no different to diplomats understanding their citizens in order to best represent them?" She thought about it all.

Lily smirked and let out a soft chuckle, "sorry, not laughing at you, just very amusing that I find myself feeling very similar about the temple and going outside." She swiftly explained to avoid causing any offense to Colette. "I would be more than happy to check out the Coruscant area with you, be nice to have a familiar face and if we get lost at least we won't be lost alone right?"

She let out another nervous giggle at that idea.

Colette Colette

"No we won't." Colette smiled. "My people used to say that you never got lost as much as forced on an inconvenient detour."

But they also used to wander for a living, so there was no real destination in mind except for "vaguely in this area" most of the time.

"I think with your graces and my attention to details and landmarks we'll be just fine."

"... Once the temple is, you know, not a maze."

"That is an interesting way to look at life." Lily mentioned as she thought about it deeply, there seemed to be a lot of ways to use such a phrase.

Lily's cheeks flushed a little at the mention of her graces, "my graces?" Lily queried since she wasn't exactly sure what Colette meant by it. "Perhaps staying up the top level so that we can see the temple at all times?" Lily suggested for when they both felt ready for their first time exploring outside the temple.

She giggled, "a maze it is indeed."

Colette Colette

"Yeah, you know, the way that you carry yourself." Colette explained before she listened to what Lily had to say in response. "I imagine just the 'top level' is hard to decipher on this planet." She laughed. "I'd say it'd be easier to say we'll be best off exploring the immediate surroundings of the temple, but even so… It's at least a few days or weeks away. We'll have time to make a proper plan before then."

Colette's eyes wandered over to a nearby clock. They diverted back to Lily for a moment before her eyes widened in surprise and set themselves right back onto that dial.

"Ohhh shiiii-" She began before extending the 'i' way longer than she needed to, clearly in an effort to find something else to say. "-nbones." She pushed out of her seat. "I am SO sorry, I— I have to go."

"Master Valery is expecting me in ten minutes. But we'll talk more later, okay?"
She began to take a few steps away in a hurry before she stopped, reached into a pocket, and withdrew a small piece of paper as well as a pen from a pouch on her belt to scribble something down. "That's my caller identifi-thing-stuff, so that you can find me a lot easier."

"Meet up tomorrow after training?"
Vague promise, Colette hoped that she would even be able to walk at that point. "Great! See you around, Flower!"

And with that, despite the burning pain that it brought her, Colette entered a sprint out of there. Her muscles positively ached, but there was no way in hell that she was about to be late to her master's lecture. Would she be tired? Absolutely, but it'd just have to be another early night, same as almost every other night lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom