Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Bit Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
andrew-hodgson-ship027.jpg

[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] To create a fighter for sale for Locke and Key Mechanics[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Image Source:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Artstation[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Canon Link:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Restricted Missions:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Primary Source:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Locke and Key Mechanics[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Dart Interceptor[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Closed Market[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Production[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Mass Produced[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Material:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Quadanium Steel, Transparisteel, Electronics Parts[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Classification[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Starfighter[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Length[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] 12m[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Width[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] 4m[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Height[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]5m[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Armament[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Very Low[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]2 x Laser Cannon[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]1 x Underslung blaster turret[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]1 x Missile Launchers (4 missiles per launcher)[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Defenses[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Low[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Squadron Count[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Moderate: 16[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Maneuverability Rating[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] High (With Slam engaged this goes down to Moderate)[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Speed Rating[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] High (With Slam engaged this goes up to Very High)[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Hyperdrive Class[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] None[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]STANDARD FEATURES[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]4j.4 Fusial Thrust Engine[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Slam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Hyperdrive[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Shield[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]ECM[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]4 x [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Laser Cannon[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]1 x Missile Launchers[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Life Support[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Repulsorlift[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]ADVANCED SYSTEMS[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Hermes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The Hermes is an advanced communication system created by Locke and Key Mechanics which is designed to provide a secure means of communication through the use of quantum key distribution.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Minerva Sensors[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The Minerva system is a collection of sensors designed to create a representation of the battlespace surrounding the user, allowing them to keep a track of targets and threats around them. The system by itself just a series of sensors that can feed into the ship's screens, but when paired with the Minerva HUD it provides a picture of the space around the ship. This makes it harder to surprise the pilot since the system can highlight any threats creeping up on them, or terrain that might be dangerous.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Advanced Maneuvering System[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The Dart possesses several Maneuvering jets positioned around the ship that give the fighter the ability to almost dance around the battlefield. With the aid of the advanced spatial awareness provided by the Minerva it can safely navigate the most difficult of terrains thanks to the manoeuvring system, avoiding enemy fire and hazardous terrain.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Secured communications[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Minerva System[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Fast and Maneuverable[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Advanced Maneuvering System[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Vulnerable: The Dart has very weak defences depending on its high speed, manoeuvrability and difficult to lock onto sensor signature to stay alive rather than the strong shields of other fighters.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Difficult to master the controls: While the Advanced Maneuvering System allows the ship to dance, it’s hard to fully master the system leaving this a ship only to be used by the best otherwise you risk spinning into the line of an attack not away from it.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Weak Attack: The Dart has a weaker attack compared with other starfighters its size, designed mainly around outmanoeuvring someone and attacking where they’re the weakest.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]No Hyperdrive[/SIZE]

• Pure interceptor: The Bit is purely designed as a dogfighting ship, and fares very badly when trying to engage any target that is larger than a fighter. It simply lacks the weaponry to damage a capital ship and focusing on one target like that locks it in one place, removing its prime attribute of its speed and manoeuvrability.
[SIZE=9pt]Description[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The second starfighter to roll off the production line at Locke and Key Mechanics was the Dart Interceptor. Trading in the high firepower and overall superiority of the Fang for something completely different. The Dart was meant to be fast and manoeuvrable, flying circles around the opposition and tearing them to shreds before moving on to their next target. The bit is unable to operate independently of a carrier, designed not to jump into systems by itself but to be deployed as a fast attack craft to counter the threat of bombers or harass other fighters, slowing their attacks on your own craft. Their speed and manoeuvrability make the Bit a terror on any battlefield.[/SIZE]

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="John Locke"]

Lovely looking fighter, but it's quite unbalanced. Please add two weaknesses or lower two ratings or a mixture of the two.

[member="Travis Caalgen"]

Thank you for reviewing my Sub.

I have dropped the weapons down to Very Low, as a pure dogfighter it won't need anything more and I have added a weakness that it is useless against anything larger than a fighter.

Please let me know if that is sufficient, or if I should adjust the sub further.

Also, for future subs, I was unsure how many ratings points dropping to no hyperdrive gave me to play with. What's the general rule of thumb there so I can create a more balanced sub in the future :)

In addition, I have also added secondary ratings in speed an manoeuvrability for when the Slam system is engaged, a bump to Very high balanced by a drop to moderate. Please let me know i this is balanced.

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="John Locke"]

Sub looks good.

Hyperdrive doesn't really affect it much in the terms of balance because that's mostly a fluff mechanic that sometimes has no effect on combat. A TIE Fighter with no hyperdrive and average ratings has no advantage balance-wise compared to an X-Wing with a hyperdrive installed and the same ratings.

As for SLAM, it's accepted that if one rating goes up, then another goes us. As long as it follows this principle then it will be accepted. Since you're using the one listed on the Wookiee, you're all fine and dandy with it.

Anything else before I approve it?

[member="Travis Caalgen"]

No those were all the questions I had right now, thank you very much for going through that with me. Makes a lot of sense now that someone explained it to me.

Thank you very much for all your help polishing the Sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom