Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Birthing Technology

"I've re-calibrated her settings; so far she's responding to her new personality well, displaying significant results. Project- Vera appears to be adjusting well. The data chip I've installed has adapted and uploaded the information I provided. Sensory settings also working and functioning. All that's left is to turn on her eyes. This is Vega - signing off. Let's hope this one doesn't attempt to kill me."

Vega spoke out, the terminal beside the new synthetic intelligence recording her audio message to save within her log. All that was left was to turn on Vera's eyes, which she saw to once her fingers danced over the screen to activate them. Vega approached the bound AI, waiting for her eyes to adjust. The bounds on the limbs were necessary, considering the last projects attempted to kill her. She'd bound this AI to an upstanding bed she adjusted to maintain the AI and provide her safety. If worst came to worst she'd have to go and shut it down or kill it, but hopefully history didn't repeat itself this time. There was a reason she kept her logs.

". . . Vera, can you hear me?"

[member="Vega the Chaos Mage"]

For a moment, there was silence from the synthetic being. Just an eerie, robotic silence. Then pale eyelids fluttered and there was a faint mechanical whirring. Project 69, or VERA as she had been dubbed, blinked and waited for a moment for her eyes, deep black in colour, to adjust to the strange light that seemed to hover in front of her. The black settled and soon she was left with pale grey optics, framed in a milky white. Clearly artificial.

"Running full system diagnostics," she spoke, her voice as robotic as her eyes, and in turn each extremity twitched. She remained fixed in that position, bound by her creator, until her systems deemed themselves complete, and she turned her head to look at Vega. Nothing went through her mind. There was no sense of discomfort due to her being strapped up, no sense of vulnerability, no sense of natural loyalty to the woman she looked at right then. There was just what she was programmed to believe.

"I believe I can," she said with a nod, "and I believe my system scan shows that I am safe to be released. I pose no threat to your wellbeing. I would like the opportunity to test my physical body. Scans show everything to be in working order, but I would like to be sure."

Then, after a moment, VERA nodded her head at her creator. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Vega."

A smile grew upon Vega's scorched face upon witnessing Vera's eyes fill with color. The smile prolonged itself once Vera ran her own diagnostics. Vega doubted she'd be able to do it herself at first, but thankfully her expectations weren't met. She took a step back away from the synthetic intelligence, gliding her hand through the air as she dipped into her knowledge of the force so it could release the restraints, allowing Vera to step forward onto her own two feet.

"You seem to be functioning well, Vera." Vega calmly replied. "A pleasure to meet you as well. Take a step forward, then adjust yourself so your database acknowledges how your limbs in this form function. We'll test out what you can do from there."

[member="Project 69"]

[member="Vega the Chaos Mage"]

The synthetic personality waited patiently for the bindings to drop, and she gracefully pushed herself off the supporting platform. She quickly found her footing, and it took her only a moment to adjust her settings to coincide with the physical form she was currently in. Of course, VERA had no preferences as to what she would rather look like. She was merely a robot, built to serve.

"Backing up data," she said, and her eyes whirred briefly. She stilled, and a minute or so passed before she relaxed again.

"I have saved a copy of my data to the harddrive of your ship, and I have established a wireless, contactless connection between myself and the data panel of your ship. No matter where I am, I will be able to contact your ship and this facility no matter where I am," she explained her actions quickly and efficiently, before taking a few steps forwards and backwards.

"Limb functions seem to be adequate. I do not believe this form best utilizes all of my capabilities," she continued speaking as she carried her basic form through a series of simple warm up movements, stretches and actions in order to work her body slightly. VERA stopped and straightened up again, then she turned to face Vega fully.

"May I access a terminal in order to design a form that will fully work to my advantage?"

"Impressive.", Vega muttered to herself, folding her arms over her chest. Her eyes partially widened to VERA's request to design her own form. She did in fact need one, but Vega just couldn't think of what would work. Perhaps it'd be interesting to what VERA would design out of her own image. "Hm. Very well," Vega replied "Considering you already have the knowledge installed to handle it, I'll leave your image entirely up to you. Go over and get it seen to. From there we'll proceed towards making sure you can handle yourself for defensive purposes."

[member="Project 69"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom