Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Birthing-class Heavy Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
yong_05.jpg

Birthing-class Heavy Carrier​
Image Source: http://conceptships.blogspot.com/2013/07/concept-spaceships-with-environments-by.html
Affiliation: Zorr'awam dot'this
Manufacturer: Loronar Corporation
Model: Birthing-class
Modularity: Yes
Production: Unique
Material: Terenthium with Desh Frame, Turadium Hull, Tungstoid Armor Plating
Classification: Dedicated Carrier, Command Ship, Heavy Carrier, Planetary Assault Carrier

Length: 1,000m
Width: 550m
Height: 250m

Armament:
Hangar:
Special Features:
Maneuverability: 14
Speed Rating: 14
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:
  • Needle Fighter Systems: The Needle Fighters act as long range weaponry, able to accelerate to distant targets
  • Multiple/Layered Shielding: Not great shield strength, but multiple shield systems give it layered protection
Weaknesses:
  • Prototype: The Birthing-class is a major prototype, its Hypermatter and Colony class reactors can fluctuate and randomly shut down. Quick restart, but still a major flaw
  • Needle Fighter Dependent: If all Needle Fighters are lost, the ship is extremely vulnerable to long range weapons and fast moving ships.
Description:
  • Crew: 4,200 (Synthdroids)
  • Passengers: 3,500 troops
  • Cargo Capacity: 10,000 tons
  • Consumables: 2 years
  • The Birthing-class is a prototype manufactured by Loronar Corporation in an attempt to expand and see how worthy they are of making capital-class sized ships. The prototype suffers from multiple problems that could be improved upon in another, later model and improved structure. The ship would definitely need a new and improved reactor for all systems for it to properly function as intended at all times. The Birthing-class is designated as a dedicated carrier, but holds no Hangars. Instead, it's entire hull is layered with Needle Fighter Launch Bays. Only 1 Needle Fighter can be loaded into a launch bay at a time, similar to a torpedo tube. The Launch Bays are scattered along the upper hull and the belly of the ship, including some on the sides of the ship. It's designated as a command and control ship, having a very large bridge within the center with a large holoprojector, built within the ship to protect it from any outside hazards or warfare. With CCIR technology installed on the ship, it gives it increased internal security against splicers and hacking or remote control hacking of its Needle Fighters. There was only one vessel of its type ever constructed.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/78310-taking-new-paths/
Intent: Give Loronar Corporation a capital vessel for coordinating fleet tactics and show how useful the Needle Fighters are
Who Can Use This: Huurblug Pos, Zorra

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Huurblugg Pos"], for starters, fighter count looks a little high to me just by looking at the starship template.

Hangar: (Please provide the amount of fighters this submission can hold in it's hangar by count of Squadrons, which hold 12 average Starfighters. The higher your squadron count, the lower your Armament and number of Special Features should be. Bigger ships can accommodate more Armament and more Squadron Count, but will require a development thread once you pass 1,600 in length -even if generic. This submission's Max Squadron Count: 10, with 10 being the max for a 3,000 meter ship with a low armament. Feel free to provide a list of names for your squadrons, like the notorious Red Squadron. Alternatively, you may swap squadrons for Vehicles or other items of note.)
We're probably looking at six squadrons for a ship this size.

Huurblugg Pos said:
CCIR Technology: Installing CCIR on the ship to also help communicate with Needle Fighters allows the ship to be near-unhackable, or take extremely long to hack systems directly or wirelessly
While I think that CCIR technology could make the individual needle fighters hard to hack, I don't see how this affects the computers of the Birthing-class itself. Could you elaborate a bit more on this?

Huurblugg Pos said:
Needle Fighter Health: Any anti-air flak system can devastate any and all Needle Fighters without problem
Remove this please. While it may be true, this is more of a feature of the Needle Fighters than the Birthing class. I think the weakness right after this one does clearly show that the carrier is dependent on the performance of its craft for effectiveness.

Huurblugg Pos said:
Costly: To maintain the ship in working condition is very expensive

This really isn't a weakness, as it's par for most warships. I'd remove this as well.

Huurblugg Pos said:
The Birthing-class is designated as a dedicated carrier, but holds no Hangars, only Docking rings where fighters may attach to.

How many docking rings are we talking about? If this is a feature that allows the Birthing-class to carry more fighters into battle, it'll probably have to go, or some of the needle fighter squadrons will need to be reduced. The max amount of fighter squadrons that this ship will be able to bring into battle, either through the needle fighter bays or docking rings, will be 6 squadrons.

[member="Gir Quee"]

The costly maintenance I would define as the ship can only be used in one battle at a time. ICly and OOCly unable to join any other battles for probably a week or longer in real time. But since that is calculated outside of Roleplay, I could remove it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CR90_corvette

Most ships had docking rings and were the effective way of adding troops, traveling, meeting, etc. A massive capital ship would need docking rings to attach to corvettes, dropships, or other craft simply just to leave or join the ship. Most ships should have it to dock with orbital stations or space stations. While the CR90's were capable of launching into hyperspace with fighters docked on, the Birthing class is not designed for such a thing. They would be ripped off.

Otherwise, edited.

[member="Gir Quee"]

A question on Turbolaser strength. I'm not entirely sure on the H9's versus the System I's. Do you think I have it in a good listing? I wanted 2 very heavy hitting guns, and the other 20 to be least affective against anything capital, or weaker. Would you say H9's are more powerful than System I's or less?

[member="Huurblugg Pos"], there's nothing wrong with having normal docking rings and airlocks. It's a necessity for most ships this size. My main concern is prevent them being used as a loophole to bring in more starfighters into a battle than what would normally be allowed. As long as that can't happen, I'm okay with the docking rings.

As far as armament is concerned, the H9 turbolasers are borderline standard for capital ships. I view them as not being especially powerful, but they're not weak either. System I's are clearly pretty heavy weapons, probably equivalent in power to a standard heavy turbolaser. I'd say that they probably have twice the firepower of a H9.

I think that if you want two heavy hitting guns, I'd make the Turbolaser System Is the two heavy guns, and make the 20 other guns H9s.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Thank you for the help. Yes, I understand the docking ring issue. I assure you, they can't be docked with any ships and hyperjumped with. There's only 4 rings. 1 ship per dock when not traveling.

Edited

I'm happy to be of help. A few things, and the Birthing-class will be set to go.

Huurblugg Pos said:
CCIR Technology: Installing CCIR on the ship to also help communicate with Needle Fighters allows the ship to be near-unhackable, or take extremely long to hack systems directly or wirelessly. Essentially replacing standard operating systems on the ship and making it complicated and dependent.

Basically, using CCIR technology allows you to make something remote-control, but the computer that does the work must still exist somewhere. So while it's possible to have the Birthing-class to have a lot of functions be controlled by a computer using CCIR technology, that begs the question of where that computer is.

Is the computer onboard the Birthing-class? Because if so, the computer is still present enough to be hacked.

Is the computer not onboard the Birthing-class? Because if so, the Birthing-class is going to have remain within a fixed radius of that computer in order to work.

For simplicity's sake, I'd simply not have the Birthing-class itself run on CCIR.

Huurblugg Pos said:
only Docking rings where fighters may attach to

Please either remove this sentence, or explicitly state in the submission that there are only four docking rings.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I'm sorry if I make things too vague. Eventually I'll get better at the Factory stuff as things like this I like it to be serious. As an unnecessary admittance, I didn't plan for the ship itself to be remote controlled, but for the computer and OS to be on the ship so there are less complications in controlling the Needle Fighters. When I say near unhackable I have cracked it down to many that it just takes longer to hack than standard technology.

Also, sorry for how the docking rings sounded.

CCIR removed, snippet of docking ring info removed

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Huurblugg Pos"]

Huurblugg Pos said:
6 Needle Fighter Squadrons (144 Needle Fighters max)
Just make this state that it is 24 per squadron. no need listing the total number of fighters.

Huurblugg Pos said:
Terenthium Frame
you should add Desh to your materials since this is only useful as a strong light building material when mixed with Desh

you do not have to but it would make more sense if it was since the Desh is what makes it light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom