Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Birds of a Feather... get married? (PM for invite)

Her mother would have been proud to see this day. She would have fussed over Felicity, insisted on fixing her hair, planning the party, designing the decorations, hiring someone famous to design her dress. But she wasn't here. She was dead, gone for a few months now. And Felicity was alone.

She stood in front of her bed room mirror, pushing a stray blonde curl behind her undamaged ear. The dress she'd chosen for this, her special day, was simple. It was the dress her mother had once worn for her own wedding to her father, but Felicity had altered it somewhat. She'd removed the train, the sleeves, the long ribbons. Now it was just a dress with expensive beading and lace.

She ran her hands up her arms, counting the freckles on her skin. Were they ugly? If they were, [member="Owain"] never said anything about it. He never seemed to mind her little imperfections. She supposed that was what led them to this.

Marriage. The ceremony itself would be simple. Small. Intimate. Only her nearest and dearest were invited. And she spent almost nothing on decorations. Modest. The whole affair was very modest. Very, well, her. Thankfully, Dis was well decorated to begin with. There wasn't much reason to dress it up any more.

"Well mom," she murmured, smoothing out the wrinkles in the dress, "What do you think?"

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a tall, dark haired woman give her a smile and an approving nod.

[member="Cyril Grayson"] [member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

Owain

Lord High Grand Commander Esq.
Fiddling with his cufflinks in front of the mirror his uncle had dragged out from...somewhere, Owain stood feeling ridiculous. He really did not look good in a suit. It made him look like some sort of corporate stooge. He couldn't help but cringe at his own appearance. It was smart, and the only concession to fanciness he had allowed his uncle was the dark patterning on the sleeves and back. Something about it being the family crest. Owain doubted the truth of that. The Barnabus' wouldn't have crests. They were a civilian family, not a Sith clan. But still, it made his uncle happy and shut him up about potential bachelor parties, so he would bear it.

Marriage.

Huh. He'd...never really considered it. Too young. In truth, he hadn't expected to ever really achieve it. A soldier's life could be short or nomadic. It didn't lend itself well to romance. But he wasn't a soldier anymore, was he? He was a stay at home husband whilst his darling Songbird carried on her mother's legacy. Saving the galaxy, one person at a time. He couldn't help but smile at that. From what his uncle had told him, Feena had been preoccupied with saving the galaxy a planet at a time. Taking a macro approach, he had heard Keter say once.

And now he was going to get dragged into the Mason's crusade.

Well...it was a price he was willing to pay.

[member="Felicity Mason"]

"Alright mom," she murmured, "I'm going to get this over with."

The specter flickering in and out of reality seemed disappointed. The girl sighed, fixing a single white flower to the left side of her hair to cover her torn ear.

"Look, It's not like this is a shock to anyone. You knew this was coming, after all."

The ghost frowned.

"Alright! Alright! This is the greatest day of my life. I am marrying my best friend. My life is complete. What other cliches am I missing? Oh right. This is 'happily ever after'. Happy now?"

The girl sighed, no longer in the mood to argue with her mothers (so far) completely silent ghost. What was the point of her spirit lingering if she couldn't speak to give her advice?

"Look... I just kind of feel like at this point, it's just for the ceremony. I've felt married to him for years."

That got a sharp look from the ghost. Felicity knew what she was thinking.

"Well, come on! It's not like you were exactly pure when you married dad, remember? Don't go judging me from the afterlife!"

Felicity turned away from the dead woman. Her father would be by to 'collect' her any minute. Better not have him walk in on her having a one sided conversation with his dead wife.

[member="Cyril Grayson"] [member="Owain"] [member="Keter"]

A wedding. Not something Cyril had expected to attend in his lifetime. He'd almost had such a ceremony, once. However, that was a life time away now, and it was something he would likely never experience again. The Jedi Master was fine with that -- his life would be service, and then he would die. It the duty he had taken up when committing himself to the Jedi Order's cause; even if that Order was fragmenting more and more every day. Someone needed to retain the die hard faith. Still, even in his duty, he found time for the little things.

He'd come to the gathering alone. There was no woman on his arm today; there never would be. Felicity's happiness would be enough. He was clad in what passed for a suit -- it was cheap, and all he owned. Hopefully no one pointed out his stinginess. Credits were hard to come by when you weren't paid for your work, after all.

"Ah, romance." He mumbled to himself. He felt he should have known some of the folks around him; he did not. He'd never been particularly steeped in his sister's life after Ession fell. It was difficult to be a guiding light when you were little more than a wreck.

[member="Felicity Mason"], [member="Owain"]

Vorhi Alestrani was in what was arguably one of his nicest robes, a black one with emerald trim. After all, it wasn't often that he got invited to a wedding of a noble--even if it was mostly because he was a friend of the family. He stood in the hall, smiling weakly. Like Cyril, he had no date, after all--what time did he have to do with love, when the universe was in desperate need of a fix? Well, enough to show up here, on Dac, of all places. He remembered the first time he'd been on this estate. It had been shortly after joining the Templars, as they were then known.

He adjusted the collar on his robe and smiled. This was one of those rare days where he got to simply enjoy the universe and let it do its thing. It was nice. Occasionally, you had to quite being heroic and political, and just be. He smiled at Cyril. "Relax, man. It's important to take a little pleasure in stuff like this. Makes the stuff you're standing for more important," he said with a laugh. He actually meant the laugh--even more rare. Still, he smiled and enjoyed the relaxation of it all for the time being. It'd be nice to see some people happy today. Tomorrow he could keep martyring himself for his own vision of the future.

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Owain"] [member="Cyril Grayson"]

Keter

The Renegade
A wedding. A wedding. At Dis. Honestly. Keter loved his daughter, but sometimes he had to question her taste. Owain was young, untested, unproven. And Dis was her home. Surely Felicity would have preferred something more...memorable? A lakeview on Naboo. A lovely chapel on COruscant. But no, she chose Dis. The blond shook his head. He would never truly understand his family. "Why do the women of our family have to vex me?" he asked, staring upwards, as if he could see through reality to whatever beyond that now held his wife. SHe was good with answers - sharp tongue, sharp wit.

He missed her so.

She should have been here.

He sighed and hung his head as he walked down the hall, reaching his duaghter's room. He rapped his knuckles politely against it. "Felicity? May I come in?"

Ah. That was her cue. She turned to the door, smiling.

"It's unlocked Daddy."

She looked behind her again to where her mothers specter had been lingering beside the mirror, but she was gone now, leaving Felicity to once agin wonder if she'd been seeing things.

[member="Keter"]
[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]
[member="Cyril Grayson"]
[member="Razor Shot"]

Cyril drew in a deep breath. He did not know of Vorhi, save from the word of his mother. That was how he knew most of the family's friends -- by proxy. Still, he managed a faint smile at the former Templar's words, and stood a little bit straighter. "They always do this sort of thing so young," he mumbled, "I've no idea what compels anyone below the age of thirty to get married, let alone have children -- but she has my support." He folded his arms over his chest, and took a moment to take in the scenery. This was the first, and likely the last, wedding he'd attended. It certainly wasn't like those big extravagant galas he'd seen on the holonet. Then again Felicity was never the sort for that kind of thing.

"It's a shame our mother passed before this. She would have enjoyed it. Always had the flare for socialites -- I suppose my father's side of the family lacked that. I can't stand most parties."

[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

Zaiden stood to the side of the affair, arms folded, leaning against a wall. He was brooding. Plain and simple. The balance to his darkness was gone, and now he was forcing himself to maintain - it was difficult. Its a mass murderer attempting without aid to reign in on his urges. Who could pity him though? Few knew who he was since he had returned. Those that knew him, such as his nieces, didn't know his past transgressions.

Casting an eye over the people around him, he felt secure in his reasoning to have his Force Cloak in place.

Dress was an unneeded thing, yet he was still decked to the nines. A solid pitch black tuxedo with black crocks, dark tinted sunglasses, cuff links that could probably purchase a large farm. He was flashy, dazzling, and dressed elogantly, yet why didn't he wish to show case his status? Because two around him had likely sensed his aggression and the connection he bore to the darkside.

Keter

The Renegade
Keter entered as his duaghter spoke. So formal. He nearly did a double-take at seeing her. In her mother's own wedding dress. He would know it anywhere. The blond smiled and nodded, though he felt as if he'd been stabbed in the heart. "You wear it well. I'm sure your mother is proud," he offered, walking up to lightly hug his eldest child. "Have you seen Celeste? I haven't managed to find her yet..." he admitted sheepishly, his gaze casting around as if he too could see the spectre of his wife that haunted his daughter. "I think everyone's here, so we can start if...when, you are ready."

His daughter. Getting married. Force above he was getting old.

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Celeste Mason"]

Owain

Taking a deep breath, Owain glared at his own reflection. "Don't screw this up," he told himself, acknowledging the comment with a nod before stiffly turning about and marching out of "his" room. The ceremony, such as it was, was going to be held in the main hall of Dis...a place utterly oversized for the few people who had been invited. All from Felicity's side of the family of course. He had no real friends or family apart from his uncle left. That...was actually something of a sombering thought. Even if he was getting married, he was still to a certian extent, alone.

Pah. He didn't have time to be mopey. He was getting married!

A slight smile tugged at his lips as he made his way through the corridors, eyes ever fixed forwards.

And then he stood before the doors to the hall, already open of course, to allow guests in. People...who cared for Felicity. ANd would undoubtedly be eyeing him and judging him.

Oh.

This...was going to be a bit trickier than he thought.

With that cheery thought, he set his shoulders and walked in.

Let them judge. Felicity's opinion was the only one that mattered. SHe found him worthy, he had nothing to prove to these others.

Unless they were space wizards.

Which they probably were.

Feth.

[member="Razor Shot"] [member="Cyril Grayson"] [member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

He was lying. She didn't really wear it well. It felt too big in some places and too small in others. And her mother had been so much taller than her. But it was a dress and it was, in her opinion, the least important part of the whole event. Owain would likely find her beautiful even if she showed up wearing mens clothes. Actually, she might honestly have been more comfortable that way.

"Haven't seen her. I'm certain she's around though. We can begin shortly. There really is no rush. It's just a wedding, after all."

From out of the corner of her eye, she could see her mother again. Her father was looking right at her, she was looking back at him. But she had her doubts that even her father would see her, and that made her quite sad, but maybe he could feel her? Maybe on some level, he knew she was there.

"Any advice? People are supposed to give you all sorts of advice on your wedding day."

((Congrats on 666 posts, Keter. XD)

[member="Keter"] [member="Razor Shot"] [member="Cyril Grayson"] [member="Celeste Mason"] [member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

Keter

The Renegade
"Now now Felicity, a wedding is...well, a bookmark you could say," her father retorted, wagging a finger at her. "Take your time and enjoy yourself," he advised her, smiling to encourage her. She would be undoubtedly thinking of her mother, how she should have been here to witness all this. "I never got much advice...just kind of muddled my way through with no real idea what I was doing," the blond admitted. Felicity hadn't been planned really either. He still remembered how panicked Feena had been, so nervous to tell him. So afraid of what he would do. Silly woman, as if he would leave her. "Come now, let's not keep the other's waiting."

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Razor Shot"] [member="Cyril Grayson"] [member="Owain"] [member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

So, no advice. Well, she didn't expect much else, to be honest. She was on her own now with Owain. Well. She was used to that. Her and Owain. Two against a whole Galaxy. But at least she had him. She had a partner. A team mate. Someone to fight along side with. Someone who had her back, no matter what.

The young woman nodded, pushing another flower into her hair.

"Alright."

They'd make this quick. Who cared about a wedding anyway? It was the honeymoon that really mattered. Actually, on that note...

"Hey dad?" she asked as they made their way down, "Before I forget, can I borrow your ship again?"

[member="Keter"] [member="Razor Shot"] [member="Cyril Grayson"] [member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

Stepping close just as Felicity asked her father of his ship, he dropped a set of papers on the desk near her. On them were choices for ships she could purchase, under his name, at no expense to herself.

"Use these. Congrats sweetheart." He murmured, then kissed her cheek. Without another word he stepped back towards the door to leave.

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
They entered the hall with no fanfare. Feena would have been horrified. The though made Keter smile. But this was Felicity's day, so they would have done things her way no matter what. The blond glanced at his daughter, frowning. In truth, he was going to gift the Inferno Duo to her, but she had to go and spoil the gift. And then Feena's half-brother stepped up and presented his gift before tunring to leave. Keter's red eyes narrowed into pinpricks of light in displeasure. So abrupt, so rude. he may have never accepted the man, but he had earned his respect - not that he cared. That was probably one of his best features - he did not care what others thought, and made his own way. Keter liked that - it reminded it of himself.

"So eager to leave? The ceremony won't be long you know," he pointed out. Honestly, was the man blind? Just turning up to deposit a gift and leave as if it was an obligation? Did he not realize how that would come across to Felicity? The idiot.

He turned to Felicity before speaking again. "To tell the truth...I was planning on giving you the Inferno Duo. Seemed right to pass it on as it was once passed onto me...but I suppose you'd prefer something flashier and in line with your tastes?" he laughed gently.

In truth, he had no need for the Fury anymore. It had served him well over many years, but his wanderings were coming to an end. He could feel it. Though in truth his wanderings had stopped once he had found Feena he supposed. And he promised to stay by her, always. And he would.

[member="Razor Shot"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

The girl glanced at her uncle. Then he disappeared. Her eyes narrowed, but she kept walking, not once glancing at the ships. Didn't he know? She didn't need anything fancy. She liked function. She liked soul. Something with personality. Her fathers words made her stumble a little.

"The inferno!?" she squealed, "No, no! I don't want something new! I know how to fly the inferno! I'd rather have something I know how to use already."

She wanted to jump for joy. Honestly, it was weird, but she felt like she had some connection to that ship. Like it listened to her. Funny.

"Thank you, Daddy. I'll take very good care of it.

[member="Keter"]

While his twin sister would have understood that he was not leaving, but making it appear so, her husband hadn't learned that yet. Still, Zaiden would soon enough return to the room, hidden by his Cloak. When he did he stifled a chuckle, his niece wouldn't use the gifts given to her? Her choice. But it was kind of cute that she reacted so heavily to gift.

Leaning against the wall, Zaiden watched events unfold.

Owain

Fidgeting slightly by the little desk set up for the ceremony (since Felicity's family didn't have an altar handy in their little doom-fortress...surprising really), Owain straightened as Felicity entered with her father. Dressed in traditional white, smiling at something her father had said...she was radiant. She was joy, she was life. He grinned despite himself, even as a groaning figure took their position behind him. Keeping the smile in place he spoke without turning around.

"Still feeling up for this, old man?" he asked conversationally.

He could feel his uncle glaring daggers into the back of his head before yawning. "Aw shut up you pup. It'll be a pleasant summer day on Hoth before I can't handle my drink!" Elliot Barnabus declared. Shaking his head, Owain glanced over his shoulder at his slightly rough for wear uncle. He looked as uncomfortable in smart clothing as Owain did. Well, this would be quick at least. "Don't worry boy, just a few words than you can sweep her off her feet to your room and-"

"And that'll be enough," Owain grimaced, seeing his wife-to-be coming closer. Honestly, his uncle could be so crude sometimes.

She quickly straightened up the moment she realized that eyes were on her. Here. It was the tiny ceremony she'd always wanted. Simple. Intimate. Finished before anyone had the chance to get bored. She'd hate to bore her guests. After all, they'd all been kind enough to come in the first place. The least she could do would be to make it quick for them.

And for me too.

Honestly, she just wanted to be alone with him. For once. Someone would take the baby for the night. Then for the week. So they could enjoy their honeymoon. That was, after all, the important part.

She smiled nervously, locking eyes with her husband-to-be as she closed the distance between the two, arm in arm with her father. When she reached the end, finally stepping up to join Owain, she paused to give her father a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you, Daddy."

She gave him a smile and a nod, catching the sight of her mother again, watching from just to her right. Her eyes traveled the room, scanning each one of her guests before coming back to [member="Owain"] and his uncle.

"Uncle B?" she raised a pale eyebrow. He was going to preform the ceremony? Was he sober enough for that?

[member="Razor Shot"] [member="Keter"] [member="Cyril Grayson"] [member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom