Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Birdcage

Solitude is often described as a positive form of loneliness, just because you spend your time apart from others does not necessarily make you 'lonely', not in a bad context at the very least. Most people can get tired of the mundane talks, and want to take some time for themselves, introspection is a way of healing oneself spiritually. And yet, despite all that...

"I don't wanna' get out of bed..." Marigold mumbled to no one in particular, still cocooned in her blankets, she wasn't sleeping. But she wasn't properly awake either, lingering in the intermission as she had little to no energy to wake up, no power in her muscles to set blankets aside, no motivation to stand up and go outside for a breath of fresh air, no. None of that. Life, being a changing constant is both a blessing, and a curse in disguise. Stagnation causes loss of awareness, degradation, lack of progress. But she'd lie to herself if she didn't say that it was a comforting feeling, far more comforting and orderly than chaotic change that at a whim, could take everything, and everyone from her.

Like it once did.

Sadness isn't a particularly psychotic feeling, it's eerily calm, it always welcomes you when you get back home, it wraps it's net around you, and tells you to sleep, and do nothing else. That you can't do anything else, but above all. It's consistent, unlike feelings of peace or happiness, which can be torn from one's hands at a moments notice. One could just lock themselves in a birdcage, created in canvas of their own mind, as it'd be easier than facing the world of problems, drowning them in unrelenting flood.

But at last, she took it upon herself, slowly, the shaky hand lifted the blanket off, and she dressed up. Those little steps were insignificant in grand scheme of things, less than a droplet in the vastness of cold cosmos, but, for the young huntress, it felt like taking giant steps, small victories made into big ones. Her energy nearly depleted from such show of activity, and yet. She had places to be.

Corellia, she was there for one reason mainly, to have her ship in the docks, modified. And to take on a contract or two in the whiles. Stepping out of her ship and giving hired engineers the specifications of how she wanted her ship to be like, Marigold ventured deeper into the city, her eyes half-closed, but opening wide as she sees gorgeous buildings, large ships, and what not. It was a breath of fresh air, compared to most of mid rim and outer rim territories which seemed to be downright miserable at best.

Both her knowledge in streetwise, as well as some kind of gut feeling... Gravitated her towards one bar in particular.

The Green Devil

Although her social skills weren't the best, she knew how to listen, the bar was popular among the hotshot pilots, scoundrels, all sorts of people walking a fine line between being a hero, and a criminal. The history of the bar proved to be far more extensive, though, it's something she'd come to learn sooner or later. Her wanderlust overpowered sadness holding her back in her bed, and she entered the bar. Oddly content with being there, very few places ever invoked the feeling like she blonged here, even if it was temporary.

Slowly pacing over to the bar, the huntress didn't bother to hide her gear and weaponry, from a single glance, experienced enough spacefarers could tell that she was a bounty hunter. She sat down, not feeling particularly picky, and neither wanting to get drunk during her vulnerable episode, a quiet mumble escaped her. "Beer."

Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire

Theme

It had been a long and rough road for the oft-absent proprietor of the Green Devil. In his heyday, he could have scarcely stepped outside on the streets of Corellia without being recognized by nearly everyone on the streets. But even the heroes of entire worlds have an odd habit of fading to myth and legend, and Julius mused on this as he idly sat tinkering with the nitro tap behind the bar. As Marigold Marigold entered, he could be heard discordantly humming whatever punk song was on the sound system as he tucked a bar-rag into the belt that a lightsaber hung from. Something not that uncommon thanks to him helping reestablish the Green Jedi.

Turning to the ordered, his practiced eyes gave the weaponry a quick glance over, but he didn't run a soft establishment these days. Almost everyone in was armed in some way. Hell, half the bar occupants were the rougher side of CorSec and the other half were freedom fighters and rebels, with the third half not bearing too close a need for thinking on too long. A smile split his features and he laughed at the broad, nonspecific order.

She was hard-bitten, no doubt. But still young enough to waltz into a Corellian gin-joint, as the phrase went, and ordered broadly. So he went easy on her, if not still sarcastically as was his want. Underestimating the breadth of offerings of his establishment was a common theme in new customers. The old building, she didn't look like much these days he supposed.

"I'm gonna guess you aren't the type to prefer a Gamorrean Ale or a stout from Hoth. Nor do you appear the crisp dry red wine from Coruscant kind either. So how does a nice simple nut lager from Arkania suit you?"

Somehow the word choice and cadence of voice seemed more at home from an elder speaking fondly to a younger rather than the later 20's the man seemed as a prosthetic arm made of bizarre ceramic white and burnished silver slid a mug full of the exact same lager suggested to the patroness.

"And I wouldn't hesitate to add a shot of extra dark caff to that if it so takes ya. Perks me up in the morning. We have some fresh from Socorran roasted beans up this morning. Our own grown strain of it."

Marigold Marigold

The young huntress chuckled at the old man's sarcastic voice, despite the fact that, it seemed almost mocking to her. It felt oddly warm at the same time, coming from him. That caught her off-guard, making her smile thirty carat wide, perhaps the first time she had something to smile about as of late. "Sure, won't mind it."

A hand stretches to take the mug, a sip is taken also. A crack in otherwise serious demeanor she was trying to keep up. "I think it does fancy me, I guess I'm too used to running about in the slums to know about other drinks." A few more sips. "It's nice to relax before taking up on a job or two."

"I hope it won't cost me a fortune though, getting ship into docks wasn't cheap."
A giggle escaped from her lips, as her attention diverted to the lightsaber attached to a rig, not that she was too knowledgable to know that it was a weapon, or at the very least, she couldn't tell what kind of weapon it was. "So uh, um..." The young hunterss struggled to find a topic, though, after a moment of awkward silence, she called out to him. "What's this pubs' story? Seems like a big name around 'ere." Of course, she found this place by listening to conversations and navigating, the nudge from her gut feeling just incentivized her to go there. Quick to learn on her feet, she'd want to gather as much information about the place as possible. And besides, it felt rather comfy and safe despite most people looking like rugged, rough people. Perhaps, she was one herself, or, perhaps. Was the one forced into such role by circumstances beyond her control, that she really didn't know. Conflict could be seen with a weary eye.

"Been a while since I've sat down." She'd mumble, realizing that up until that point, she's been flying from a place to place, with little to no rest in between, she did visit a few bars, but this one was way, way different than the rest, or... Maybe, it's just the drinks being good. At that point she'd try to not cling onto the feeling too much, and enjoy what little rest she'd find in a rough journey.

As the music changed to a ballad like shanty, Julius seemed to lose focus for a moment and silently lifted his hand in the air, at some point having poured a shot. Many humanoids and otherwise did the same and all murmured a name or two before draining their glass.

"Jorus... Keira..."

With his memorial done, he returned to gaze brightly at the newcomer, and gestured at the stools.

"Well, it's hardly the most cushioned of stool, but for a bar full of hunters and soldiers it does well. As long as you have credit, you're welcome to soak in it's comforts and my company."

Turning to the side, Julius came back with a glass of ale himself and sat in front of Marigold Marigold as he took a pull, sighing in contentment.

"As for the Green Devil here? Hub for the rougher side of CorSec and rebellion types. Get the occasional Jedi or Mandaloian passing through here. Most of us obey they laws, but not out of love for them. Back when the Sith ruled this planet it was a centerpoint of the resistance until we overthrew it. But that was decades ago. I've, we all have, settled down since then. Now it's just a bar for old has-beens really I suppose."

Sha patiently waited until Julius was done with his duties, eventually, responding with a chuckle. "It does feel comfy, kinda."

Taking sips of her drink, and seemingly enjoying it, she looked back up at the bartender as he explained to her the history of the hub. "Huh, I see. Well, can't say I like the laws, they are pretty limiting, but I do get why they exist... Core worlds are such a hassle, t'was easier in the Outer Rim, despite how downright miserable that place can get."

She did romanticize the ideas of outer rim being the place where she could be free from the modern bureacracy and formal laws, which felt like a tight grip around her neck, at the same time. Only a fool would call outer rim a place where everyone could thrive. "...Again with the Sith and them being assholes, I guess they're not the best folk in the galaxy." Being clueless about history and the power of the Sith, she could only shrug in response.

"Though, hey, it's a pretty neat hub regardless, sorry I've offended your uhh, unique pallete of drinks. The days are starting to get painstakingly numb that I feel myself bein' on the autopilot." Another chuckle escaped her. "I thought bounty hunting often would give me the kick, y'know? But I think it's starting to get dull again, so I'm just wandering about aimlessly."

"Oh, right, name's Marigold, just saying that in hopes you'll give me yours and I won't have to call you an old geezer."
She gave him a wide smug, despite how somber her tone was a few moments ago, she did appear to be happy, at the moment at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom