Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech BioSect-Droid MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkside Dragon (Dead PM Writers Account)
Biodroid2.png
Blank they start, engineered with the face of the deceased they wish to emulate. - The scrolls of Taiden Keth, entry #125, darker days ahead.
Intent: Terror Weapon, Gradual Evolution of a Droid as it would be a character, Disposable minions, Hive-foolery!

Development Thread(s)
Location/Droid Development | Droid Development | Further Refining | Initial Concept Experimentation

Manufacturer: Long Conflict, and other hives, some weapons supplied by contracts with FFE
Model: BioSect-Droid MK II, or Biodroid MKII for Short.
Affiliation: Raien Keth, Jareth Johnathon Holst, Natalya Selanne, Taresa Kae, and any of the circle of six, if they either control a factory capable of producing them or are serving Raien's will.
Modularity: No items, attachments or tech will change without updating this template.
The general shape of the form changes, depends on the biomaterial, metals, or insect biomatter used.
Production: Limited
Material: One Third Cybernetic Compounds and Metal, One Third Biological Matter, One Third Insectoid Matter
Any Scavenged (Non Restricted) Metal assume durasteel as a standard unless specified in the post. General Biological Matter which has to also include insectoid components to fully function, otherwise the droid operates at a reduced capacity, see description.
Classification: Fourth Degree, security.
Weight: 80kg at average, scaling upward relative to size
Height: 1.82 Meters Average | 0.91 Meters Minimum | 3 Meters Maximum
In Feet:
6ft Average. 3ft Minimum. 10ft Maximum.
Movement: Bipedal or Quadrupedal.
Armaments: Usually carried, sometimes used in place of a limb, rarely inside the biodroids chest cavity.
Mostly Melee - Vibroswords, Vibroaxes, Force-Imbued Blades, Pikes, Halberds and Mauls [basic scavenged materials], Extra Knives and Vibroknives, Shock Whips
Some Ranged - Blaster Carbines, SW12 Jack Knife, MRS-1 Rifle (All Ammo and Attachments), CB-1 Icebreaker
Some Grenades - Sonic, Concussion, Stun, Gas, Frag, 53-R_high-yield Thermite Explosive

Misc. Equipment:
Common, 1 in 2 - Personal Shield Generator, resistant to energy not matter.
Common, 1 in 2 - Lifeform Scanner
Uncommon, 1 in 3 - Riot Control Smoke
All - Repair Kit containing all three matter types, metal/cybernetic compounds, general biological and liberal helpings of insectoid matter, which all doubles as sustenance for extended missions

Description: Black with cybernetic and insectoid exoskeleton, these humanoid combatants are part humanoid, part insect and part cybernetic. Average combatants, the droids have several unique attributes. They can be manufactured relatively easily, with just raw materials needed, and utilize scraps or biomass around them to reform minor to moderate wounds, major wounds are beyond their ability to heal however. They might seal a limb off for example but not be able to regrow it, the unit is scrapped after the battle by that point to be reused by the hive.

With a break from fighting, as they have to take a moment to do it, a moderate wound might take 5 to 10 minutes to heal, whereas they can patch a flesh wound in a minute or so. All it really depends on is the quality of biomass around them, cybernetic parts, organic compounds and insectoid specific biomatter, the last being the harder to obtain means each usually brings with them a medkit of sorts with these three compounds, insectoid biomatter being the largest quantity carried. This medkit also doubles as rations in the field for up to two months if needs be. They can try to make do with two out of three compounds they require for minor repairs, but this means they are running at less capacity, losing the ability to take damage to vulnerable areas of their body, and their ability to scale walls. Their ability to heal outside of the fight, doesn’t mean they can keep shrugging off hits in the fight, they go down like any person or droid when fatally wounded, with more hardiness in many areas than an unarmoured man due to their exoskeleton if its present, and metal frame. However if you start a fight and don’t make sure you finished a droid off there is every chance one is getting back up in some form, much like a zombie might do, even if only to return to the hive to be processed. Their hardiness can be likened to durasteel for the cybernetic compounds, harder for the insectoid compounds, with the third of their biomass that is merely organic leaving them vulnerable areas, but this varies droid to droid and takes the combatant paying attention to hit these weak spots which do exist on any model naturally.

Coming from a hive-factory structure on Byss called the long conflict where they are created. The biodroids are designed to take in genetic material from the fallen, and spare cybernetic or metal compounds to reconstitute them as a terror weapon, often using likenesses of those that have died to give them the genetic material needed to exist. It is the work of a deranged mind, but also a clever one to put fear into those fighting that they might end up the same. If a significant warrior of note (PC) is fed into the machine, alive or dead, one martial technique of theirs is copied into a gencyber (genetic and cyber) template for future droids. Note this does not and cannot transfer force techniques, as the droids can still be effected by force techniques but will never possess them. Also to be noted is the biodroids are partially living and also droid, they have some resistance to techniques that only effect one or the other, but also some vulnerabilities to both, electric judgment or force drain for example.

Hive factories such as the long conflict create their biodroids in chambers at roughly adult size, imprinted with the memories and commands stored in the gencybers from that hive, they can replenish losses at around six drones an hour with access to the correct supplies. Individually each hive-factory works as a single mind, able to be given individual commands, or commands on mass. If no other command is given, the command protect Raien Keth and the hive is the default, with the secondary being avoid detection and harvest resources.

While new hives can be built and function independently, there is non specific communication between them. A synapses link between them and their core identity is formed for all droids, and without this identity clearly imprinted they meander around as mindless drones unable to function. 50 hive factories instead of three could be attempted for example, with access to the gencyber templates, but by the complicated nature of the overall cybernetic synapses structure, it makes it almost impossible to upgrade the droids overall numbers without further development on what they are as a collective identity. Additional factories would still eventually become a single collective identity, and the hive minds would simply try and fail to run additional droid models above 750 in number.

The hives and their creations are not sentient, beyond the ability to react to external stimuli, they only follow their programming, imprinted tactics, orders and threats to themselves, their creator, or their hive factory.

Being droid-like they have a greatly reduced need of food or drink, and being easily replaced have little self-preservation unless commanded to move cautiously. They are happy to stay behind to die, or instead move tactically, charge to their death or move with stealth, all it takes is the command. Large amount of troops (NPCs) can also impart tactical knowledge if given to the droids in this way, not abilities but movements, formations, and strategies.

In these MKII droids, much of their external structure is a metal frame giving basic armor, which is preferably when present surrounded by a hard insectoid exoskeleton to give it further support, underneath their internal sub structure is a hybrid mix.

Internal sub structure:

The internal structure of the droids is a blend of the cybernetic and living tissue. If either is damaged enough the organ does anything from work at half capacity, to start to fail. When present the insectoid components add additional protection surrounding these organs in the form of a hard skeleton structure, specifically reinforced around these vulnerable areas such as the heart, joints, throat, head etc. For organs the droid contains a heart, a brain, a basic stomach but has little use for oxygen taken in through the mouth, as it has little functions going on in the body save movement, the processing of new material and commands sent to brain. Oxygen is broken down from the biological matter in the stomach, stored inside the droid in what amounts to a basic metal cylinder and dispersed as needed. Because different DNA and non organic matter can be used to make the structure of the droid, there is little uniformity to the internal shape or look of the design. Finally its internal systems can be flash flooded with basic antibodies or artificial anti-virus purges, pumped into the droid if a virus or illness is present in battle, biological or artificial, but usually these mindless drones are not worth the time to save, and will just be dragged off back to the hive for processing.

Frighteningly they are strongest in their hives, although able to scale floors and ceilings anywhere, in their hives they often form tunnels to attack from unexpected angles, less able to do this in unnatural environments, they can still burrow, dig or mine if given time to ‘hive’ or setup. Hiving in this way won’t help them produce new droids, unless a new factory is constructed, just make them harder to remove or more dangerous. Forming a full hive-factory would take at least a month if they were ordered to do so, and require large amounts of insectoid, cybernetic and general organic matter, as well as a copy of the latest gencyber templates.

Strengths:
Decent Array of Gear
Partially resistant to either droid specific attacks or organic specific attacks.
Able to self-repair using many types of material or matter.
Able to scale walls and ceilings (insectoids)
Able to hive a facility or natural area, making them harder to remove. They cannot produce new units unless they formally build a new hive-factory structure, but they can pull their numbers back to heal, or attack from unexpected tunnels or angles.
Able to take 1 PC martial, none force technique per dead PC character given to them.
Able to take 1 tactic or strategy per 500 dead NPCs given to them.
Terror troops, fighting your own dead faces.

Weaknesses
No shields from force or matter, only energy.
Only Average Armor, misc cybernetic or metal parts.
Weak Organic points to hit interspaced, varying droid to droid.
Effected by both droid and organic based weapons or techniques, just to a diminished extent.
Mindless without commands or orders.
Only Average skill individually, much preferring pairs or groups, will change as time goes on and be reflected in unit quality, otherwise assume C quality for this MKII upgrade, if no unit or definition or attachment is present.
No air or armor support of their own, unable to use vehicles, but can operate turrets or weapons.
No Heavy fixed weapons backing them up such as turrets, larger shields or fixed defenses.

Existing Cannon Techs

Plastoid Infiltration Droid
JK-13 Security Droid
Assimilator
Flesh Droid
Biodroid

RL Disciplines

Synthetic Biology
Artificial Gene Synthesis
Bio Robotics

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

This is an ambitious sub, and it's probably one of the most intriguing droid designs that I've seen in a while.

Raien Keth said:
Manufacturer: Long Conflict, and other hives, some weapons supplied by contracts with FFE

Please hyperlink "Long Conflict" to its codex submission.

Raien Keth said:
Mostly Melee - Lightsabers [no force use]
There's a chance that these droids will not be able to use lightsabers as per the character creation rules. I will get back to you about this part after I confer with other factory staff.

Raien Keth said:
Black with cybernetic and insectoid exoskeleton, these humanoid combatants are part humanoid, part insect and part cybernetic.

Cyborgs are pretty well-established in star wars, but I'm curious as to how these varying body systems all interact. For example, does it have a heart and lungs? I'm guessing that since it can use rations, that it is something of a digestive system. How are the electronic components synced with the organic components?

Raien Keth said:
A moderate wound might take 5 to 10 minutes to heal, whereas they can patch a flesh wound in a minute or so.
I'm somewhat concerned that this could eventually used to shrug off hits on a droid. I'd like to see something in here that demonstrates that this won't be used to be entirely unstoppable.

Raien Keth said:
Only semi skilled individually (Will change as time goes on)

How far can their skills advance to?

Thanks for taking the time, fairly complicated one this to get right.

Gir Quee said:
Please hyperlink "Long Conflict" to its codex submission.

Hyperlink Done, including the top.

Gir Quee said:
There's a chance that these droids will not be able to use lightsabers as per the character creation rules. I will get back to you about this part after I confer with other factory staff.
Sure, if it’s a rule, I’ll find something else about the same resistance like force imbued blades. I am fairly certain they are okay for units, npcs and such but I am rusty on new rules. I like to give force users something they can whack against if they want, but I’m sure we can pull up some nfu subbed units/tech wielding sabers for reference if the rule turns out to be ambiguous.

Gir Quee said:
Cyborgs are pretty well-established in star wars, but I'm curious as to how these varying body systems all interact. For example, does it have a heart and lungs? I'm guessing that since it can use rations, that it is something of a digestive system. How are the electronic components synced with the organic components?
Added:

In these MKII droids, much of their external structure is a metal frame giving basic armor, which is preferably, when present, surrounded by a hard insectoid exoskeleton to give it further support, underneath their internal sub structure is a hybrid mix.

Internal sub structure:

The internal structure of the droids is a blend of the cybernetic and living tissue. If either is damaged enough the organ does anything from work at half capacity, to start fail. When present the insectoid components add additional protection surrounding these organs in the form of a hard skeleton structure, specifically reinforced around these vulnerable areas such as the heart, joints, throat, head etc. For organs the droid contains a heart, a brain, a basic stomach but has little use for oxygen taken in through the mouth, as it has little functions going on in the body save movement, the processing of new material and commands sent to brain. Oxygen is broken down from the biological matter in the stomach, stored inside droid in what amounts to a basic metal cylinder and dispersed as needed. Because different DNA and non organic matter can be used to make the structure of the droid, there is little uniformity to the internal shape or look of the design. Finally its internal systems can be flash flooded with basic antibodies or artificial anti-virus purges, pumped into the droid if a virus or illness is present in battle, biological or artificial, but usually these mindless drones are not worth the time to save, and will just be dragged off back to the hive for processing.

Gir Quee said:
I'm somewhat concerned that this could eventually used to shrug off hits on a droid. I'd like to see something in here that demonstrates that this won't be used to be entirely unstoppable.
Never from me but I agree, I will clarify.

Changed/Added:

With a break from fighting, as they have to take a moment to do it, a moderate wound might take 5 to 10 minutes to heal, whereas they can patch a flesh wound in a minute or so. All it really depends on is the quality of biomass around them, cybernetic parts, organic compounds and insectoid specific biomatter, the last being the harder to obtain means each usually brings with them a medkit of sorts with these three compounds, insectoid biomatter the largest quantity carried. This medkit also doubles as rations in the field for up to two months if needs be. They can try to make do with two out of three compounds they require for minor repairs, but this means they are running at less capacity, losing the ability to take damage to vulnerable areas of their body, and their ability to scale walls. Their ability to heal outside of the fight, doesn’t mean they can keep shrugging off hits in the fight, they go down like any person or droid when fatally wounded, with more hardiness in many areas than an unarmoured man due to their exoskeleton if its present, and metal frame. However if you start a fight and don’t make sure you finished a droid off there is every chance one is getting back up in some form, much like a zombie might do, if only to return to the hive to be processed. Their hardiness can be likened to durasteel for the cybernetic compounds, harder for the insectoid compounds, with the third of their biomass that is merely organic leaving them vulnerable areas, but this varies droid to droid and takes the combatant paying attention to hit these weak spots which do exist on any model naturally.
^
I also moved up the note about the weakspots from the bottom into this section.

Gir Quee said:
How far can their skills advance to?
Changed Skill Weakness

Only Average skill individually, much preferring pairs or groups – will change as time goes on and be reflected in unit quality, otherwise assume C for this MKII upgrade, if no unit or definition or attachment is present.

[member="Gir Quee"]​

Those are really solid edits, and I'm happy with them.

Raien Keth said:
Height: 6ft Average. 3ft Minimum. 10ft Maximum.
I remember thinking about this last time, but apparently I didn't post anything about it. This should be in metric according to the template.

Raien Keth said:
Sure, if it’s a rule, I’ll find something else about the same resistance like force imbued blades. I am fairly certain they are okay for units, npcs and such but I am rusty on new rules. I like to give force users something they can whack against if they want, but I’m sure we can pull up some nfu subbed units/tech wielding sabers for reference if the rule turns out to be ambiguous.
I don't see an issue with using force-imbued blades. Upon talking with the other members of the factory staff, there have been lightsaber-using droids before, but only at the semi-unique level with substantial training given to those specific droids for their lightsaber training (basically, they are treated like NFU characters with lightsabers). At this level of production, this not something that can be done. There exists a concern in the community that people will spawn up armies of lightsaber-wielding droids to simply overrun everything (though I can appreciate the idea of giving a Force-user character one of these to deal with as an opponent in a duel).

It would be possible to make a future submission of 1 or 2 of these droids that have been specifically trained to use lightsabers with that sort of training thread.

Changes:
Lightsaber swapped out for force-imbued blade.

Feet Changed to Meters, with feet put into a spoiler, so I can reference it but its not on the template.

*Some spelling mistakes fixed.

Appreciate you taking the time to fill me in and suggesting solutions, was kind thank you. I may dev a couple of advanced models in the future, as hive guardians almost that carry them on semi-unique scale.

[member="Gir Quee"]​

[member="Braith Achlys"]
Done

I've removed the location sub, and i've removed the thread where they had minor mentions, everything else is directly related to it development arc or refinement in the field.

[member="Raien Keth"]
I'm reading through this and I'm coming across a lot of stuff that would be present in actual living species, like hearts, lungs, etc.

Are these "droids" manufactured like normal droids are, or are these just biological beings with extensive cybernetic implants and prosthesis? The former belongs in the factory, the latter belongs in the codex.

[member="Braith Achlys"]
They are manufactured in hive factories. I was asked to expand what their organs would be.

No lungs are present but there'll need a stomach to be able to process the biomatter. I can remove the heart if its an issue, as its not needed, it would however pump matter to where it needed to go during repair, so I put it in, but this can be simulated with cybernetics easy enough I would suppose. I am assuming they are half cybernetic/half biological in their organs.

There was a debate held at the end of this sub
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/73129-biosect-droids/

I'll tag [member="Valiens Nantaris"] if he doesn't mind, as I am following instructions posting it up here.

[member="Braith Achlys"]
I do confirm what [member="Raien Keth"] says. We determined that this submission, because it focused more on the technological side should come here. The fact they have living parts is somewhat incidental to the real thrust of them which is the mechanical parts.

Raien Keth said:
droids are largely but not entirely force unaware
Then this will need to be stricken. Droids are not able to use the force. The only examples I can come up with where droids or other robotics were able to do such were when they were "possessed" by an actual force user.

Raien Keth said:
Being droid-like they have a greatly reduced need of food or drink
Being manufactured as a droid, why does it require food and drink?

Raien Keth said:
For organs the droid contains a heart, a brain, a basic stomach but has little use for oxygen taken in through the mouth, as it has little functions going on in the body save movement, the processing of new material and commands sent to brain. Oxygen is broken down from the biological matter in the stomach, stored inside the droid in what amounts to a basic metal cylinder and dispersed as needed. Because different DNA and non organic matter can be used to make the structure of the droid, there is little uniformity to the internal shape or look of the design. Finally its internal systems can be flash flooded with basic antibodies or artificial anti-virus purges, pumped into the droid if a virus or illness is present in battle, biological or artificial, but usually these mindless drones are not worth the time to save, and will just be dragged off back to the hive for processing.
As with the question about food - these survive because of mechanical parts, they aren't actual creatures that are living in any real sense of the word, so why do they have to take in oxygen (via food intake) and maintain an immune system?

Droids do not require food, water, air, an immune system, they do not have DNA or RNA, they do not suffer from real viruses or illnesses, nor do they survive on a circulatory system that we (humans) do. Even Human Replica Droids, which have false organs and fake biological functions, do not require these to actually work - and they are still not susceptible to bacterial or viral infections because all of the false organs and parts are artificial and are not actually living.

Re the force: Certainly not no. It was not an implication it could use the force, as stated next to it in the same line, but when taken into context in the line it was in, be fully effected by it, living techniques and such, actually a weakness. I’ve removed it to help clarify.

I agree Biological Droids are not especially common, hence the sub, so i've added:

Existing Cannon Techs

Plastoid Infiltration Droid
JK-13 Security Droid
Assimilator *Used to show assimilation of materials
Flesh Droid
Biodroid

RL Disciplines

Synthetic Biology
Artificial Gene Synthesis
Bio Robotics

Biodroids not replica droids, do require more biological matter to repair damage to that which is used up, and their living parts or living circuitry should probably be susceptible to some form of illness or disease but if you like I can remove this weakness of the design to make it more simple. The DNA is simply inside the matter they are using to make the droid, which gives it a form and function like a template, much like Gene Synthesis above now referenced for ease of use.

*As I sent via pm I am grateful that you guys do take your own personal time to work through these, even if my responses here are blunt, I try to keep them concise as I can to save time.

[member="Braith Achlys"]​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom