Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beyond the Farthest Star: Lower Decks

[SIZE=11pt]MISSION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]VESSEL[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]The Gossamer[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Lotekk-class Deep Space Transport, heavily modified[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Length: 1500 meters[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Armament: Low[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Defenses: Very High[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Hangar: 3 [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]two-seater starfighter[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] squadrons, colonial runabouts, assorted shuttles/freighters/small craft belonging to various crew members[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Maneuverability: Low[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Speed: Moderate[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Hyperdrive Rating: 0.5, backup 10[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]CREW MANIFEST[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Captain: Atlas Drake[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Executive Officer: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][member="Dax Fyre"][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Security Officers: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][member="Noah Corek"][/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] (quartermaster), [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][member="Davin Skirata"][/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] (local guide), [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][member="Subject 5"][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Medical Officers: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][member="Rian Taske"][/SIZE], [member="Nida Perl"]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Tactical Officer: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][member="Bryce Bantam"][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Science Officers: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][member="Bella Rimini"][/SIZE], [member="Corvus Dravere"], [member="Tess Sparrow"], [member="Orin Hawke"]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Communications Officers: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][member="Kaiah Nihl"][/SIZE] (diplomat/local guide), [member="Faye Irithiel"] (diplomat), [member="Kirie Ito"]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Navigators: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][member="Tera Highwind"][/SIZE], [member="Kaia Starchaser"], [member="Aeshi Tillian"]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Shuttle/Fighter Pilots: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Tera Highwind[/SIZE] (secondary role), [member="Cinara Vencu"] (secondary role), [member="Kyle Farnes"], [member="Andan Solo"], Aeshi Tillian[SIZE=11pt] (secondary role)[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Engineers: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][member="Vuie 'Srahum"][/SIZE], Cinara Vencu
  • [SIZE=11pt]Other: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][member="Yusuf Dar"][/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] (stowaway), [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt][member="Sedge"][/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] (deckhand)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]CAPTAIN'S LOG / 855 ABY[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Tonight marks a celebration aboard the Gossamer, for earlier this afternoon we have at last made orbit over our first planet in the Firefist galaxy. Its atmosphere is Type I, and while vegetation is sparse my science officers assure me that the world which is still early in its life cycle and devoid of intelligent life will one day become a verdant paradise. As preliminary scans of the surface indicate no clear and present dangers, I have authorized [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]shore leave[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] for the crew. (Suggested crew roles: any)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Our supply of runabouts and personal transports are not inexhaustible, so while those lucky few chosen by random draw get their first glimpses of this strange frontier up close, rumor is that some among the crew are organizing a sabacc game [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]in the ship's cantina, the Coolant Leak. A little wagering between crewmates is healthy for morale, so long as the games stay friendly, so I have decided not to intervene for now. Time will tell if I come to regret that decision. (Suggested crew roles: any)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As for myself, I have my own plans. Aside from a mountain of datawork to get through, I have invited Commander Fyre to share a drink with me in my quarters. The day may come soon when we are forced to place our lives in one another's hands, its time I got to know a little more about my first officer. (Suggested crew roles: executive officer, nosey snoopers)[/SIZE]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The soft thud of boots on durasteel could only faintly be heard over the sounds of the going ons of the Gossamer. Dax was slowly making his way up to the captain's cabin, a trip he'd yet to make, despite this being his second voyage aboard the vessel. The captain, [member="Atlas Drake"], was a man Dax had met only a handful of times, fought with even less. All in all, the Marshal knew little about the man, aside from the fact that he was a talented leader. That was enough for him.

Not that Dax was opposed to sharing a drink with the man. Hell, the Rogue rarely turned down the offer of a little alcohol. But more over, Dax was content with simply sitting and chatting with the captain. It always did well to get to know those you worked with, especially in the void of space.

The Coolant Leak​

Rian didn't pretend the beer was *good*. But the fact that it existed was sometimes enough. The medic hadn't bothered putting her name in the hat for heading down to the surface of the planet. Leave those spots for people actually eager to go down. She wasn't here for the joy of exploration, the new lands discovered, pushing the boundaries of knowledge and science.

No, Rian was here to figure some chit out.

Ideally?

To forget.

She didn't really see that happening though, if she were being honest. Some things weren't quite that easy.

Leaning against the far wall in the cantina, she watched as the others set up the sabaac game. Play? Nah. Not for now. She'd watch for a bit, have another beer. Maybe wander up to the observation deck or hit the hay early. Maybe sit a hand if everyone else playing looked terrible too. Rian was awful at cards. And while she had no particular issue losing, she also wasn't aiming to start so early in the night.

This was a chance to relax, a proverbial chance to let your hair down and get to know the rest of the crew, and that was exactly what Tera intended to do, all while enjoying some drinks and some Sabaac. The green-haired woman leaned back against the bar, resting her elbows on the wooden surface as she slowly swirled the glass of corellian whiskey in her hand as her amber eyes watched the rest of hte crew drag the table into place. The navigator had been told to relax and let her hair down...so that's what she had done, pulling her hair out of it's usual functional ponytail, letting the green locks flow down her back like a silken wave. One finger tapped on her glass while the other hand reached down to adjust her sweater as she pushed off from the bar, padding across to the table as she set down her glass, pulled her chair out as the half-zeltron offered the room a dazzling smile. "So...who's feeling like some Sabaac?"

[member="Rian Taske"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom