Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beyond the Farthest Star: Deep Black Sea

"They are gonna end up with hickies the size of their HEADS if they are LUCKY."

Rian Traske stomped down the hallway. She muttered darkly- to herself only because no one else was there- as she headed toward the lab.

"Maybe wait, get some more scans, some more info? But nooooo."

Stomp stomp stomp.

She'd taken the position on Gossamer for a change of scenery. After Dagobah- after almost nine months in recovery after- she hadn't been ready to return to old haunts, devoid of familiar faces. No, a longer journey, out beyond familiar stars, on a ship full of strangers seemed like just what the medic ordered (why yes, thank you Medic Traske, that sounds perfect, oh no, thank YOU Medic Traske).

Somehow though, it wasn't helping.

Not all of the anger was about the mynocks and the other members of the crew, after all.

She glanced up, scanning the plaques on the door. No, no, no- there.

The door slid open and she stepped into the lab. She was here for a couple pieces of bio scanning equipment, and honestly, the last thing she was expecting was anyone to actually be working in there at the moment. More specifically a small, ambulatory mountain. She stopped in the doorway. Took a step backward. Checked the sign again.

"Okay so I'm in the right place. You lost?"

[member="Corvus Dravere"]

Corvus didn't have much to do besides organize his workspace. He would, sooner or later, be given plenty to study - unfortunately, that wouldn't happen until their expedition got it's proverbial head out of it's proverbial hindquarters and quite literally got itself into gear. But, until then, he would be of use by not being of use. The joys of a quiet lab were endless, with the foremost delight being that it was quiet, and no one was around to bother him. A stillness promptly ruined when he heard the door hiss open, close, open again, and then, once more, close. Because, apparently, they were lost. Thankfully, he was wearing armor, so he betrayed none of the annoyed semi-mirth he felt as he turned to face the scarred woman ruining his solitude.

"I'm in the right place." He replies blandly, the rich bass of his voice distorted by his helmet speakers.

"I presume you require me for something?"

She was in the lab. It stood to reason she required lab equipment or lab personnel. Technically, he was both.

[member="Rian Taske"]

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ

SILK HOLDINGS STATION

Repair Fuel System.
[member="Vuie 'Srahum"] | [member="Bella Rimini"]

Andan floated through space, rotating slowly, as he closed the distance with the station. Safely contained within the EVA suit provided by the Gossamer, the Corellian was ready and prepared to assist with engineering duties to repair the fuel system. With small bursts of suit mounted jets, a smirk on his face, Andan approached the distant suit-clad figure of Vuie 'Srahum, who appeared busy interacting with a small droid of some kind. She was an odd sentient, a species Andan wasn't familiar with. Still, it didn't matter, as Andan closed the gap and activated his comlink...

"Hey, there," Andan said within the helmet, looking at the pair. "I was sent out to help. I'm no technician, but I know my way around ship systems."

Across one shoulder was a tool belt that held various items for the task, but the supplies offered by the droid seemed far more adequate for the task. Andan didn't mind, either way, he was happy to help and get the fuel pumping again. Then the Gossamer would be underway, things would continue churning along, and his payday would be closer. Until the repairs were done, though, Andan was simply waiting and wasting time - which he didn't like to do, by any means.

"You're Vuie, right? Call me Andan," The human said, as he began securing himself to the side of the station with clamps and boot locks. "So... I caught the gist of what needs doing, where do you want me?"

The Corellian stood still, poised for action, with a hydrospanner in one gloved hand...

Faye's finger slowly released from the finger of the intercom. With things being so hectic, she was not respecting a swift response from the security teams. Perhaps this was a sign that she should really try to deal with this situation on her own. With a small sigh escaping her lips, Faye slowly turned around and headed back towards her office. Giving a soft smile accompanied by a slight bow of the head to all who passed her. The office that was appointed to Faye and the other diplomats was beginning to feel like a sanctuary, a place safe from all the ruckus that usually comes with large ships. Entering her office, Faye let out a rather audible sigh of relief, her head pounding even more than it was about 5 minutes ago.

Secure in her office with the door closed behind her, Faye's body began to calm itself slightly. "Lets try that again" Faye shakily murmured to herself as she slowly made her way back to her desk. Faye grabbed a small hand mirror from a shelf, sat down in her chair and gazed at her face. Looking at her reflection, she ran a finger over the skin under her eye and noticed that she was beginning to look alarmingly tired. There was no time to worry about appearances at the moment however, she just had to find a way to get her focus back. Faye picked up the datapad with details on the Maccabre again, somewhat fooling herself that she might have missed something the first 10 times she read it.

Not long after she began to read the datapad again, her attention was grabbed by the sound of the office door opening. Faye's head quickly turned around to see [member="Kaiah Nihl"] entering, greeting her with beverages. Before Faye could say anything, Kaiah was already next her, placing the warm drink before her. The girls' introduction made Faye smile.

"Thank you for the drink Miss Nihl. It's a pleasure to meet you" Faye's hand extended out and shook Kaiah's.
"I had no idea that i would have someone working alongside me. But i must admit that i am very thankful." Faye pulled the vacant chair next to hers from under the desk and patted it.
"Please, have a seat" Faye picked up the datapad and placed it before Kaiah. "Unfortunately we do have a Maccabree problem. We are tasked with finding a way of dealing with them peacefully. But how do we do that when they are itching to fight absolutely anything. Not to mention those aboard our ship who would enjoy a fight as well. I must admit....i am at a loss"

When it raines, it pours.
Gossamer
Main Engine Room
[member="Kyle Farnes"] | [member="Atlas Drake"]

While Cinara was giving her status report to the Bridge, the mechanic's sandy-brown haired partner stumbled through the engine room's hatch and swaggered up to the work station where the grease monkey was standing. There was no doubt what Kyle Farnes had been up to as he stretched and yawned right in front of her. What a nerfherder!

The tall blonde put up a grease-stained finger to stay him off until the communication was finished.

"I'd say the fun we had before shift was a bit more than you could handle there, flyboy... Can't believe you just rolled over and went back to sleep. Well okay, I can.... Men?!" Cin smirked playfully with an exaggerated roll of her sky blue orbs at the other Mandalorian.

If only they could have spent the whole day in their bunk... but someone needed to get some work done around here so the credits kept adding up in their joint account. One day they'd have enough saved to upgrade the Ranger with heavy modifications to make the YT-1300 purr-worthy.

"There's actually a lot going on today, Ky... You might want to check in with the cap'n and see if you're needed for something. The other engineer is on an EVA mission to repair the fueling rig right now, and I guess there's some mynocks that are raising havoc on the station too, damaging some vital areas housing our resupplies. I'm just waiting to hear about the ETA on the fuel transfer as the ol' girl is set to receive on this end," she said, grabbing a rag from the back pocket of her mechanic's flight suit worn, then the Mando woman wiped off her hands once again. Grease was stubborn to get off.

CREW QUARTERS
[member="Tess Sparrow"]​
Orin was lazily laying on the top bunk and staring out at the ceiling.

Around them... was noise. So much of it. It had taken him some time to get used to it. A city was one thing, but a ship? Especially of this size? It was like the sound of an entire city vibrated through the metal plates that made up the various ceilings, walls and floors. So weird. Exciting though! Oh, man, so exciting. The thought of actually leaving this galaxy behind? Exploring a gorram different one? That was... right out of a movie, right? Hell, they had done it right out of the university.

Suck on that, class of 55ABY.

"I bet there will be huge ass floating mushrooms on the first planet we visit." Orin suddenly said. Leaning over the edge of the bed, watching what Tess was doing there. "Can you imagine? Maybe they will let us bring it on board and run some tests on it."

The glasses almost slipped off his nose. He quickly propped them up again with his finger, letting the tip stay there so they wouldn't drop right off again.

It made him look like a weirdo.

"Well.... you will be doing the tests, I will just look important and like I know what I am doing." A wink there. It was mostly a joke. Orin wasn't that much of a disaster. He knew how to run tests. Knew how to operate the machines (and how they worked, even how to make them better). But there was just something about the more complex things that... didn't come through for him. It didn't seem logical. Didn't make much sense, some of the things others took for granted.

"So, what is the first thing you will do when we get there?"

Crew Quarters
[member="Orin Hawke"]​

"Big floating mushrooms is kinda specific, are you okay?"

On the bunk below, Tess was flipping through a catalog on her holopad. Every now and then she'd use her finger to circle something. She never did anything with it after that. Perennial window shopper. Couldn't help but look though. Someday.

"You're not missing the stuff Sky-Hi-Fry used to bring by freshman year right?"

She looked up at him, hanging upside down and grinned.

They'd done it. Survived. Graduated. And were actually out here DOING THE THING.

They'd already shrieked over that the week they got the confirmations of their (paying) positions on this voyage. Okay. Maybe they'd shrieked over it a couple of times. Sure, it wasn't like a position with a university or a research company. Yeah, this didn't pay that well- but it did pay! Dr. Tess Sparrow. Science Officer. They were getting paid to go out and study things that most people they had gone to school with would have never even SEEN.

Enthusiasm might not pay the bills, but it sure put a bit of a shine on what someone else might see very, very differently.

"You know you can't piggy back offa my lab work anymore right?" She made a face at him.

She'd been saying that since after the first time she let him. Two weeks into freshman year. So far she hadn't actually put a stop to it.

Tess had tried to talk him into changing his track oh.... she couldn't even count how many times. She honestly had no idea why he'd stuck with biology, and then later following her into the stranger and stranger corners of the work. He would have been a natural, switching to astro-physics. Or engineering. But he'd been stubborn and worked his arse off to keep above water with his grades and she'd always helped him.

That's what you did for your best friend, yeah?

"Honestly, I want them to bring back the weird mynooooooocks."

She rested the datapad on her chest and made grabby hands at the air above her.

"Is it biological? Is it environmental? Are they diseased? I want to knooooooooow."

[member="Tess Sparrow"]

"Oh, puh-lease, I did that once and still have nightmares!" The dose had been waaay north of what was supposed to be in it. After that... nah. Well, that and the fact that the gd mushroom had given him some images. The chit they had done to it. The stuff that had happened around. Not really happy times when you are trying to get to a high, you know?

So after that Orin had passed on future opportunities.

No thanks.

"Nah, I was just reminded of that movie we saw a few weeks ago. It had floating trees, remember?" Whoever had made that movie clearly had been high. "Just imagine mushrooms instead." A wink there, before his eyes went to the catalogue.

"The blue one, lady, that would look nice on ya."

Hey, that's what best friends did, right? Make sure they looked awesome.

The lab work thing was ignored, because... Well, they played that dance so many times by now. He helped her with the physics stuff. She did bio nicely. Part of him knew he'd be helpful here as well. Somehow. Otherwise they wouldn't have hired him.

They'd seen his grades, after all.

"Bwheh, we will probably be able to go out and grab em ourselves. Field, remember?" And that was where his smile grew bright. "Not just stuffy labs. We will be out there!"

His hand waving in excitement.

That was a mistake. The sudden gesture caused him to lose balance, then one gangly guy falling backwards to the ground. An *oof* at the end of that. A groan. "I am okaaaay," Orin muttered, trying to save his hand again, but he couldn't find his glasses...

Vuie took hold of the box and pushed the droid away, turning back to the task at hand, muttering, "Much thanks, metal perrson."

Opening the box that was delivered to her, she took out the patch kit and the slinky, letting the empty box float gently away into space. Just as she was about to begin her repairs, Vuie heard a male's voice crackle over the comms, and she looked over her shoulder to see another being floating towards her. Although he was unable to see through her polarized visor, Vuie held a look of disdain on her voice as the man came to join her on the station siding. She huffed to herself before igniting her fusion cutter to clean up the damaged portion of the pipes, though it did not stop the man from attempting to speak to her. Not wanting to bother with him, she immediately ceased her work and turned to him when he uttered her personal name.

Vuie growled at him through the comms, "You call 'Srrahum. No need not technycian." Her intimidating scowl, hidden again by her visor, was lost in the situation, but it did not stop Vuie from expressing it. Her thoughts raced with insults, Can he not afford any respect? She had to restrain herself from tearing him from the hull and tossing him back towards the ship. I will confront him another time, Vuie reasoned with her mind.

Calming herself down, she replied to him, "You go ship."

Turning her attention back to the damaged section, she broke loose a pipe contorted by the blast, and slipped the slinky between the two open ends. After applying the patch kit, all she had to do was tidy up some of the other exposed bits, and then she figured it would just come down to Rimini fixing the fuses. If nothing else was broken, then the fuel should be able to pressurize fine for the transfer.

[member="Andan Solo"] | [member="Bella Rimini"]

Objective: Get ready for the meeting
Job: Navigator

This ship wasn't exactly the military vessels she was used to, that her career so far had focused around. There were parts of it that were nice, the relaxed attitude, the informal relations with the other crew. It was just, there were somethings that she couldn't get out of her system, like saluting the captain as he swept through the bridge. Instinctively the woman's hand bounced up towards her head before she managed to catch it, turning the salute into a nod instead. She knew it must have looked a little ridiculous but at least it was a passable halfway point between the formal strictures of the military and the more relaxed status of the Gossamer.

Tera was still staring at her hand in a mixture of embarrassment and annoyance when Kaia arrived, the sound of the other woman's voice jolting her out of her stupor. Her hand slipped into her pocket, cheeks flushing the palest pink as she shook her head, using the opportunity to recover before answering. "Clear skies and plain sailing." It was a nonsensical statement really, what kind of obstacles could creep up on you in hyperspace? She didn't think there were many, but it always paid to have someone on the bridge just watching out just in case. Besides, there was always an element of slippage, and they needed to constantly update the flight plan. Talking of flight plans, the green-haired woman pushed herself up out of her seat, one hand grabbing at her datapad, slipping it into a pocket as she stepped away from the console clearing it. "It's been pretty quiet so far, Captain's just heading into the conference." One finger slipped down, touching the board as all the flight data she'd been working on downloaded itself to the datapad. "He'll probably want us in there, if nothing else, someone needs to keep everyone from plotting the weirdest zig-zagging course." One last look over the console to make sure nothing had been left behind before she offered her colleague a smile, nodding at the ready room door. "Shall we?" One hand still in her pockets she plucked up her caf and made for the door, it'd be a horrible impression to make if she ended up being late.

[member="Kaia Starchaser"][member="Atlas Drake"]

Bella Rimini

B
TBUmVVM.jpg
Silk Holdings Station
Repair Fuel System p4

[member="Vuie 'Srahum"] and [member="Andan Solo"] gained introductions outside the station. Meanwhile, Science Officer Bella Rimini took the elevator down to level six with a hard box of extra fuses. Sighing heavily as the elevator doors opened to a dimly lit maintenance hallway. The floor's metal grating announced her every footstep while the motion activated emergency lights struggled to turn on at all. Flickering to life like an old dusty corpse. It reminded her of a vacant attic. These tiny halls. With a slight chill in the air and that damp smell of musky nausea. Ugh. Just one tiny dark hallway of doom right after another. Yeah. There was no way anybody but a droid had been down here in ages.

"Bleh. Cozy." She scoffed and pulled her gear closer to her chest.

She clomped and stomped over to a large electrical panel. Checked the zones and then her map again. Then made her way over to the proper fuse box in a nearby hallway. Opening the box, she began making a note of all the fuses that were blown or needed replacement. Which, was hard given the lack of lighting down here and such small script to read.

Then suddenly The Force started tingling. And not in the good way.

"Hm?" Bella turned slowly to peer down the dark hallway to her left and right. Shadows and silence to her left. Shadows and silence to her right. All alone in the dark. Mmm. She didn't quite understand why her danger sense was tingling though. The whole level was probably empty.

"Hello?" She called aloud. Yet, no answer came in reply. Not even a sound. Just the soft fuming sound of smoke from the vents below and the light humming of the large power wires above. Nothing out of order. Nothing to be worried about.

"Huh. Weird." Bella scratched her head. Figuring she was just being paranoid.

She returned to work as the tingling sensation slowly faded away. Pushing it quickly to the back of her mind. Besides, she still had ten more boxes to check down here. Then ten more down on level seven below. So yeah. Best not to waste time. Plenty of work to do. So Bella kept checking fuses and replacing duds. Stomping her way through the metallic shadows. All alone in the dark. Meanwhile, behind a nearby bulkhead door leading down to level seven. The flapping of bat-link wings could be heard.

First one pair of leathery alien wings. Then another. And another. And another. And another. And another....

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ

SILK HOLDINGS STATION

Repair Fuel System.
[member="Vuie 'Srahum"] | [member="Bella Rimini"]

Andan furrowed his eyebrows, a wry expression on his face. The helmet glass likely hid the reaction.

"Oh, okay?" The Corellian said, in reply to being told the correct name. "Srahum it is, then. I thought it was your surname. Sorry?"

Despite being well-traveled, it never ceased to surprise the smuggler when he encountered other sentient cultures and methods. It was endless, really, so many variations and particular ways of doing things, and being a human he was used to some of those same standards. Shortsighted, sure, but knowing the customs of every species in the galaxy was impossible, so there had to be a baseline for interaction - and sadly, Andan had kicked the mynock with it yet again, it seemed...

And that was when Andan's eyes narrowed.

"Whoa, whoa, hold on," The Corellian said, holding a gloved hand out toward the other suit-wearing sentient. "Did you just tell me to boost back to the ship? Because I don't have a piece of flimplast with my name on it from some education board?"

The Corellian was stunned. He let go of the hydrospanner, letting it float beside him, as he put both hands on his hips. Now, he clearly understood little about 'Sruhum, or how it's naming conventions worked, but he could mechanic with the best of them and had done so in the past. Andan stared, watching the sentient work, wondering if it was worth the effort. He had been told to assist with repairs, to get the fuel system functioning as quickly as possible, so he had reason to be freezing his skin off in the void of space in a suit. But on the other hand, he had a grumpy moof-milker of a tech who thought it was the be-all-end-all of engineering...

"Look, buddy, I was told to jet over here," Andan said, as he reached out to grab the spinning hydrospanner again. He shrugged. "So here I am. Whether you like it or not. Now, I can stand here and do nothing... or I can help. But either way, I'm not headed back to the ship til the jobs done. Commander's orders."

Andan pointed the hydrospanner for effect.

"Use me or don't. I couldn't care less."

Kaiah Nihl
Diplomat / Local Guide
S.S. Gossamer - Offices
[member="Atlas Drake"] | [member="Faye Irithiel"] | [member="Bryce Bantam"] | [member="Kirie Ito"]

Faye Irithiel’s office seemed rather small and austere; a trait that Kaiah thought was not unbecoming of a diplomat. The Nagai woman appreciated Faye’s focus on the task at hand and not outfitting her office with luxuries. Faye herself seemed dressed for the part. The handmaiden look gave her a blend of practicality and grace associated with the role.

“It is fortunate I stumbled across this then” Kaiah said, placing a large document wallet on the desk with a flourish. The yellow cover read: ‘Colonist registry’. “Sorry that it’s in document form” Kaiah apologised, moving her cup of caf away before she spilled it. “I know most of these files are available electronically, but I work better with paper”. She moved forward, thumbing to the page she had dog-eared earlier. It was much the same as the other pages, save for seven names highlighted in a pink marker.

“This is a large family of Nagai, returning to Firefist after time away”. Kaiah brought out another wallet now, opening it up to reveal summary documents on each family member. “Curiously, they don’t hail from Nagi, my people’s homeworld” she continued. “Instead, they own a large estate in Maccabree space. They were intending on helping the colonists settle in before returning home”.

Kaiah downed the rest of her drink and let out another small sigh of satisfaction. Now she brought out the last item from her satchel: an old and worn book. “The Maccabree are the ancient allies of the Nagai. This book chronicles their allegiance from almost eight hundred and fifty years ago. If we brought news to them that we were transporting their citizens safely, and remind them of said treaty, I think we have a good shot at finding a peaceful solution”.

She let out a satisfied smile that was quickly replaced by a frown as she recalled the second part of her story. “Ah yes, there is some bad news” Kaiah muttered, scowling. “Some aren’t sold on my idea, they say I’m ‘too close’ to the situation. They think that having a Nagai intervene isn’t representative of the ship and they’re worried about my motivations”. Kaiah rolled her eyes. The complaint was from someone in security, so she suspected the issue of trust was more about her citizenship in the First Order than her Nagai heritage.

Her expression brightened with what she said next. “However, that’s where you come in! I need you to help me convince Atlas Drake to allow us communicate with the Maccabree. Alone, I would have little authority, but together we would plead a strong case”. Her fingers thrummed against the desk as she grew more excited. “In fact, I believe Drake is holding a meeting about navigation routes right now”. She grinned slyly. “Perhaps we could join them?”

"Mmmm I do like blue...." murmured absently, then circling the one in question with the tip of her index finger.

"Wonder what the spores would be like," she continued in that generally distant tone that said her mind was working too many things at once. "I mean, how they'd effect everything else. Big floating fungus." A little dreamy.

"Wind carried- would the other species have adaptations? Or would it be a constant evolutionary struggle? Spores breathed in, those that survive with adaptations to resist them from growing in their lungs. Would we have to wear masks? Fungus where the spores grow in mammalian lung tissue, storing helium from the inhaled atmosphere until they rise like balloons, choking off their host and bursting forth only to float up with a particularly macabre tether..... "

Theoretical biology and evolution. It was day dream land for Tess.

She was still stuck there, working out the problem of co-evolved floating fungus and potential host species- "Parasitic or could there be a benefit in a symbiosis if the manner of maturation was changed," when-

Tess reached out, snatching his glasses out of the air. Then winced as Orin went crashing into the deck.

"You sure?" She put down the data pad, peering over the side of the bunk where he was all sprawled on the floor. "Could have broken your damned neck."

Field work? He fell out of bunks and she sometimes got so lost in thought she stepped off of curbs without looking both ways. Sure they had trained for it, studied for it. But that was on Naboo. In far more controlled circumstances.

And yeeeeeet.

She sat up and bounced off of the bed. Offering a hand to help him up.

"What are we waiting for?"

[member="Orin Hawke"]

Rian looked up at the man-in-a-can, fairly nonplussed.

She hadn't been expecting a fully armored individual taking up way too much space (in her opinion) in the lab. Lab coat? Yeah. Glasses maybe. A pocket protector. There was a pair of kids that stood out like a sore thumb as science geeks on the ship already and she'd honestly expected to find them here, drooling over something in a petri dish.

Fully armored small mountains?

Hadn't been on her mental radar.

"A life form scanner. Something easy to lug around if we've got it. Bunch of folks going off half cocked to take care of an issue with some really aggressive mynocks. And since I'm the one who'll end up patching the up if they get a face full of sucker I thought I'd throw some equipment at them first. Can you point me in the right direction? I dunno where anything is stored in here yet."

[member="Corvus Dravere"]

[member="Tess Sparrow"]

"Sure do, always am." He responded with a grin. Ow. Even grinning hurt right now. The glasses, thank you Tess, were at least a-okay. It would have been awkward, if he would have had to get himself his spare glasses already. Something told him the requisition officer at the cold storage section wouldn't be amused. Not at all. One finger tip pushed them up his nose and accepting her hand.

"Mostly for me to un-break my neck, I guess."

But once Orin was back on his feet the excitement flowed back into him. Dusting himself off and grinning again. Less ow. Nice. "Okay, leggooo- hey wait for me!" Say what you want, but Tess knew when to cut the chatter.

Get stuff done.

The corridors outside their room were busy with bustle. Crew members going back and forth. Everyone their own job. Not a single soul was just hanging about doing nothing at all. "Y'know, it's whatever when we are just in our room." He murmured to her as they walked towards the hangars. "Buuuut, when we are out of it, I keep being reminded how huge ass this mission really is."

A randomly discarded sonic servodriver was noticed.

Orin blinked, glanced about and picked it up. Shrugging to Tess. "Saw it laying around two days ago too. Might as well bring it with, can give it back to engineering, when are we done with your mynock."

If they thought the corridors were full? Oh boy howdy, were the hangars something new for them.

Dozens upon dozens of people. Even more waiting their turn outside, not having the luxury of slipping through without asking. "I think the transports on the left are bound to check the refueling station's supplies."

"Look I'm not a medical doctor but I'm pretty sure if it was broken you wouldn't be getting back up from that," she said, but her attention was looking back and forth down the hall in either direction, like getting ready to cross a busy street.

"We'd be terrible MDs," she muttered, mostly to herself. Then, thinking. "Well, I would be. You might be okay."

She'd get distracted halfway through a surgery and end up gushing over some structural anomaly. Yeah, working on cadavers was a safer bet.

"Took months to set up- probably longer. This station is just the last way point they supplied. Honestly it's bigger than I realized when we signed up. Two days?"

From one topic to the other.

"For all their prep someone's dropping the ball if it's been sitting out for two gorram days. Yeah we can drop it off on the way back."

Reaching the hangar, drawing in a deep breath. Honestly it was.... too many people now if she were being honest. Part of her had initially expected a much smaller crew, less people. If she had realized the full scope she might have rethought sending in her application. Would Orin have sent his in if she hadn't? She pushed that aside. It would have been a great opportunity for him, and he handled people better (in her opinion). She wanted to go out, find new and never before studied species, or learn more about ones they didn't know well yet.... but she also wanted to be left alone while she did it.

"Alright, one of us should get a spot and the other should grab some stuff, unless we're gonna come back with a mynock slung over our shoulder like some hunter-gatherers. I'll shoot you for it."

Rock paper scissor.

[member="Orin Hawke"]

He nodded, moving around the lab. It wasn't exactly in disarray, per se, but it certainly didn't appear organize. What lab ever did? Going to a nearby table, he moved aside various gadgets in equally varied states of (dis)repair. After a moment, he grunts, moving to another table before digging something out. It wasn't much to look at, given that it was essentially a vambrace, but a flickering series of lights around the 'wrist' said there was more going on beneath it. Despite the fact it was clearly built as a forearm guard, he held it out for her to take. "Let's make sure it fits." His tone remained even, and if she complied to stick her arm up, he'd clasped it around, adjusting it as needed.

Satisfied, he hefted his own forearm and pulled a diagnostic cable from his own gauntlet, jacking it into a small port near the elbow. This time, a rectangular holographic display emitted from what was clearly a scanner of some kind. It ran through a series of diagnostics, loading bars, percentages, and Mando'a crossing the screen at blistering speeds.

After a moment, he grunts, adjusting the language setting to Galactic Basic. "There." He says, uncoupling the cable. "It's not much, but it won't break easy and it'll give you enough scanning power to know two things - first, what's wrong with what you're scanning, and two, where the problem is coming from. Provided, of course, the issue isn't something like insanity. In which case, use your gut." The humor was as dry as Tattooine at mid-day, but what else should you expect from an armored mountain.

"If you need more, I might have something around here. At the very least, I could attempt to put something more comprehensive together. Either way, just bring it back once you're done peeling bats off faces."

[member="Rian Taske"]

Kyle Farnes

K
The whole part was taking it in shifts, right? Sure, maybe he doubled up a sleep shift, but he was a shuttle pilot and they were in hyperspace, a lot. Making it to Firefist wasn’t an easy trek. Well, not for him. A lot of hyperspace and that meant checking on his armor, checking on his ship, the Pursuer and the shuttle he was assigned to, and checking on, and checking out, Cin. Sometime there was a gym session in there too, but that was… well pretty often nowadays. Right now though it was ‘mess with Cinara o’clock.’

“You did tire me out, there, Cin,” he smirked. Probably one of the worst Mandos, he wasn’t one who used the language, coming later on in life to the real acceptance of this Mandalorian lineage. “And well, I’m just waiting for them to say I need to bring a package somewhere….” But then he looked at Cin. She would always find him work if he asked enough times, or showed up not doing any work.

“Mynocks, huh… I can get in there and fix that. You need to stand guard here, huh?” In case it… he didn’t know, blew up? “Or you wanna come chase Mynock with me?” He was trying, but he knew what was going to have to happen, they’d link up, or she’d call his suit’s commlink.

He did need to get out there and check his new targeting system, and see if that leak did get fixed for a good seal against vacuum… Maybe it was time to get the rifle out.

“A kiss to see me off?” He was in a rare mood but he was just goofing as he leaned in, knowing they were mostly alone.

[member="Cinara Vencu"]

The Starchaser smiled as she stepped onto the bridge. A navigation’s chair and being able to help pilot was really her forte. She had a family thing for that, apparently. But when she stepped on and the report was that it was all pretty clear? She was happy. “Yeah not too many things out there between here and Firefist, I think. Least of all any interdictors, but… who knows whats out there.” She shook her head. Not that she expected anything to really run up into them.

“Oh right, the meeting… Mind if I take a look at the nav charts?” The Warden of the Sky slipped into the Navigation station and tapped a few controls, pulling everything up. Placing her datapad on the station, she was running a few simple programs, one to check the nav, and the other to send everything to her datapad. “We can both go, I’ll get the data streamed, that way if something happens, we’re at least up to date, yeah? May have to hurry back here but at least we’ll know…”

She felt like that was better than the opposite, something happening and them not knowing.

A few more clicks and they were ready to go. “Let’s go!”

[member="Tera Highwind"]
[member="Atlas Drake"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom