Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Beyond Shadow and Doubt

Coruscant
Midday
Temple Gardens
Solenne Abraxas Solenne Abraxas

The adjustment from home life and to Temple life was a different change than normal. The young padawan found that out rather quickly. First thing off was that he was waking up extremely early, much earlier than he was used to. He couldn't quite explain it, perhaps it was just being away from home. Which was what he just narrowed it down to. Aiden didn't want to spend to much time dwelling on that especially if it help him out in the long run.

Second thing, he was finding it drastically easier to concentrate and focus and clear his mind. Especially when he was in the Temple Gardens. Coruscant is a city that essentially never sleeps it seems like but here at the center of Jedi civilization. He was finding it very calming and relaxing. Naboo had it's own grace to it of course. And that would always be home for him, but mainly because this was the start of a new journey for him. Between meditation, focusing on his healing studies and some lightsaber combat, he had already gotten used to it within his month of being here.

Third and most important was that his twin sister was here. Granted he knew she wouldn't be here forever. He knew she flew with Revenant squadron and was active in their missions and such. But the times that she was here, the would almost always bump into each other. Give the other a playful shove before continuing on their present course through the temple.

Aiden sat on one of the many stone benches that were place perfectly among the gardens. The stylus pen in his hand moving quickly yet neatly as he wrote down several notes. He glanced back and forth between the two datapads. Comparing notes, what he had learned today and what he learned yesterday. There was always something new, something more to learn. A Jedi never stopped learning, the humblest of aspirations.

A break of laughter broke his concentration as he glanced up and some other Padawans were taking a stroll through the gardens. Aiden set the stylus down and rubbed his face for a brief moment before taking a casual glance around. Making a mental image of the scenery before him. Like Naboo it was indeed unique in its own right. Beautiful and one of a kind there was no doubt about it. Just before Aiden was to reach for his stylus and continue again, a butterfly landed on his hand. The padawan didn't move his hand and he just stared at the butterfly for several moments. As if silently telling him to just enjoy this moment.

It was too perfect.

solbar.png

Tag: Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

Solenne moved through the Temple Gardens with a large woven basket hanging loosely from her arm. She seemed aimless, though, hazel eyes had specific plant life in mind. There were times when the Force became exhausted within its users or wounds became too plentiful for them to manage. It helped to be familiar with alternative methods of medicine that didn't rely on kolto or bacta. Whenever war or violence loomed on the horizon there was always the threat of a shortage. She sought poultices that might staunch severe bleeding, or, simple herbs that could be used to make invigorating tonics.

She enjoyed experimenting with things that others might overlook. Even, things that her peers might consider a waste of time. Sol had a healthy collection of jogan fruit that she intended to turn into healthy tarts for the Padawans later on, but there were a variety of other flora and fauna that could turn out to be useful. She had many notes and theories on the subject. Some Jedi preferred to find clarity and peace of mind in Meditation Chambers—But Sol found anywhere more inviting.

The soft laughter of the students among the greenery and light-hearts in turn made her burdens lessen. It lent perspective—A brightness touched with hope, simply, because as a people they were all so malleable. Terrible things had happened on Coruscant, and yet, the next generation still found reason to smile. Solenne hummed, lackadaisical, in the warming sunlight.

Sometimes, it was best to enjoy the little things.

While they lasted.

A familiar aura piqued her interest and she gathered the hem of pale blue robes so that she might skip across a small stream and not get soaked. Oddly enough, she was barefoot. She couldn't quite pinpoint where it was coming from until she got closer but a light smile touched her features when realization dawned. Aiden. It had become a habit to hide her force signature while in the Temple but it wasn't as if she was really, truly hiding. She merely wished to be harder for certain individuals to spot.

Just a few elegant strides had her standing just behind the bench her young friend was seated on and she reached into her basket to produce one of the ripe jogan she'd picked. Solenne held it over head from behind him and let it dangle in his field of vision with an easy laugh. It was nearly as warm as the sun that glimmered from between the leaves of a variety of trees.

"A jogan for your thoughts?"

That was a fair trade—Right?

Coruscant
Jedi Temple Gardens

The butterfly resting on his hand moved a few inches and flapped its wings a few times before it eventually took flight. Perhaps Aiden was looking too much into it, but it seemed as if the butterfly was saying goodbye. Such simple things, that seem to bring such and even ray of hope and sun into one's life. It was just then a laugh could be heard from behind him and he couldn't help but smile himself. Laughter itself was contagious, and Aiden was guilty of that. If someone was smiling, so was he. There was so much strength behind a smile, that most people don't notice to often.

"Master Solenne!" The Padawan showing her a big smile as he glanced from her to the fruit. He reached for it taking it in his hand. "Thanks so much." Aiden chuckled slightly as he scooted over on the bench. "Would you like to sit?"

"Just the mind wandering, thinking about things. Like how much this place makes me calm, and I feel truly peaceful here. Not that my mind is at war with itself, but apart from studies, training and such. It truly can have a calming effect on one. Just the scenery, flowers, butterflys, even the mixture of laughter coming from the padawans. It's remarkable......"
Aiden cleared his throat slightly as he gathered his datapads together so they weren't in the way in case she accepted the invitation to sit.

"Maybe, just maybe I tend to overthink sometimes." He said with a small smile. "How has your day been thus far?"

solbar.png

It was nice to hear the words "Master Solenne" without invisible scorn attached to it.

Her smile melted into something borne of contentment while she set her basket down in the grass so that she might accept the offered seat once the data pads were cleared. Having spent some time amongst the rest of the Padawans in the Temple she had learned only one thing to be true about all of them. They were almost always famished. "Anytime…You know I can't stand to see younglings go hungry."

She teased, obviously. While he was barely on the cusp of being grown it was obvious that he hadn't been a youngling in a very long time. She leaned back on the stone bench and her right leg slipped neatly behind her left so her foot could tuck behind her ankle. Delicate hands fluttered down into her lap and she had the uncanny appearance of nobility when natural poise kept her spine straight.

Solenne listened to the light thoughts of Padawan Porte and the edges of her smile blurred further. Softening, immeasurably. The gentle bursts of humble and hopeful emotion that slipped from him were a welcome reprieve to the anxiety that could be noted in the Great Hall. Everyone was always worried about something. Even, especially, when that something turned out to be nothing.

"There's no shame in appreciating life when you get the chance."

He had a more romantic outlook than some of the soon-to-be Knighted Padawans but it endeared him to the azure-clad woman. "It's been fruitful."

She chuckled at her own pun.

"I intend to make Jogan Tarts later—All the fruit trees have ripened and it would be a shame for it to go to waste."

Sol trusted Aiden enough that she knew he wouldn't think the worst when she mentioned the rest of her goals for the day, but, some part of her didn't want to ruin his peace with talk of war. The fair-skinned woman had been spending much of her days learning and listening to the way the New Jedi Order operated. She hadn't yet decided if she was going to stay.

"How have you excelled in your studies? Have you been practicing?"

Coruscant
Jedi Temple Gardens

The padawan almost impulsively inquired if she had needed help with the the creation of the Jogan Tarts. Aiden had a habit of throwing out his aid to whomever he could more often than not. A helping hand was something that was a good thing, however he knew that for some task's help wasn't always needed. It was just his nature of things. His father had told him while those that seek to do harm always look for what they can take. There are those that seek to do good, and those individuals always search for what they can give.

The first time Aiden saw Solenne she carried herself with a poised nature and quiet strength, it was very mesmerizing to the Jedi Padawan. Almost as if someone was surrounded by darkness and there was a gleam of light, that broke through the fog. She would be that light, a beacon to those lost in the deep sea. A lighthouse of sorts to guide those wayward souls home.

The young Jedi smiled and chuckled as she indicated things were fruitful.

"My studies have been going very well. I don't have a single complaint." Aiden while he was here among the books, instructors, could easily say he was the most attentive than his other fellow learners. He knew this to be a bit overconfident, but he paid much attention to the detail and overall tone of any situation and class. Perhaps in his mind the more attention paid here, the less mistakes that would be made out in the field. Being here in shelter of the Temple surrounded by fellow Jedi who would lay down their lives for you, and you them. He just knew from stories that things out in the galaxy were a completely different story.

"Ive spent much time in the Medical wing in my spare time. Perhaps maybe a little too much time." Aiden couldn't help but giggle before speaking again. "They might get tired of me being there now to be honest."

solbar.png

"That's good to hear.",
Solenne responded with a thoughtful nod of her head. Aiden was bright but gentle—Unusually so. It made her want to keep close tabs on him. Such inherent goodness was easily pulled and threaded in ways he wouldn't immediately understand. Moreover, she wished him to have his carefree studies for as long as he could. War was coming. As much as voices among the Jedi like Korvan Toldreyn Korvan Toldreyn pressed for peaceful resolutions, there was something, an edge to the air that made her feel as if it were inevitable.

The quiet days of his existence as a Padawan would only last for so long.

She chuckled softly when he mentioned that they might be getting sick of him in the medical wing. That was a statistical improbability when they often had over-burdened staff and not enough manpower to deal with an influx of patients. "Doubtful, my dear. Even if you simply stocked shelves the medical staff would be eternally grateful."

Solenne nodded her head toward the jogan she'd given him and a light smile. "Eat up. They don't get much better… Unless we coat them in sugar, obviously, but that would defeat the purpose of a 'healthy' tart…"

Hazel eyes flickered over the garden with a sense of knowing. She encouraged the others to take solace in the relative tranquility of the moment. Not to make them complacent, but to provide some sort of grounding balance toward what may come. They could not always be soldiers of the light lest they lose the capacity for compassion in the process. Knowing themselves against all assault would be what led them safely through the storm. Losing themselves because they hadn't taken the time to process; to understand—Would be a folly they could not easily recover from.

"Tell me—How far have you gotten in control? Have you mastered tutaminis?"

It was one of the first things she had been introduced to, though, her own rise from Padawan to Master had been forged through a very different path. A difficult, grueling ordeal, that she wished for none of the younglings in their care. Yet—Overcoming trials, even the bleakest, led to crystal clear understanding. It made them stronger because they knew the consequences of the other side.

"Altus sopor?"

Coruscant
Jedi Temple Gardens

"Stocking shelves is my specialty." Aiden said in jest as he looked at the fruit and he took a small bite from it. Silently listening to the Master Jedi, it was a silent intuitive command. The jogan was indeed good. Aiden had his fare share of eating healthy especially with his family. So it wasn't unfamiliar to him at all. Aiden raised his hand as he carefully wiped the corner of his mouth. The padawan wasn't a messy person in the slightest. Perhaps when it came to packing his things for a trip. Which his twin sister so annoyingly pointed out to him. At that final thought he couldn't help but want to laugh.

"Tutaminus, I was under the impression or perhaps how I interpreted it was that it was for more advanced users of the force." Aiden hoped he wasn't speaking in ignorance, but it was just how he came to understand it. The most rudimentary of force techniques is what Aiden had mastered. Tutaminus wasn't one of them, however Altus Sopor was something he was familiar with. In his own opinion it mixed well with what his father first taught him. His father believed in centering oneself first off. To be that calm center while everything else around you was in a mess of chaos. That eye in the storm so to speak.

Once he was able to focus himself more, and be more centered with the force. The better off these skills would be easier to manage and tend to. While he wasn't an expert or even advanced at the ability. He had a strong grasp for the basics of it's properties. "Altus Sopor I am more familiar with." He said with a small smile on his face.

Aiden was a true knowledge seeker, and he wasn't afraid to shy away from learning. Practice and then effectively utilize it in the field. He truly hoped to make a good difference in the lives of those he came across. The Padawan took another bite from the Jogan, and it wasn't too long before he had consumed it, in its entirety.

"I can honestly say I'm in control on good scale, I'd like to believe. However I know there is still much I have to learn. I'm always excited to learn more. Not just for myself, but so my knowledge can better help those I come across."

solbar.png

"Oh no—Whatever shall the Sith do?"

Her tone was immediately teasing despite mentioning one of their most-persistent enemies. Even the shining sun could not take away the stigma that a simple word, a title, a name held. Solenne believed that avoiding it, prompted fear, and increased the legend. In turn she endeavored to make the term "Sith" hold the same meaning and weight as one might say "sugar" or "cheese" in polite conversation. No one went running for the hills when faced with a glass of water or a block of cheese. "The shelf stocking Padawan—Surely, they'll turn tail and run."

Her head nodded in mild satisfaction while he had his snack, letting her head fall back so that the sun could warm her cheeks. Solenne knew not to be overprotective of the younglings in the Temple. They might have looked like helpless little children, or teens, but at the end of the day, they were still Jedi. That didn't mean that she couldn't feed and teach them right from wrong.

At his easy assumption of the first area of control she spoke of, she chuckled, though her head did not lift and her eyes remained closed. "Tutaminis is an umbrella that can be used to describe many techniques that are often taught to our beloved Padawan learners. Even, to initiates."

"We simply break it into pieces so that it might be easier to digest."

Her head tilted and she smiled kindly at Aiden, nose crinkling, to show that she wasn't at all offended by his curious nature. It was one of the reasons she oft scuttled him beneath her wing when his primary tutor was occupied. "It was a trick question, little dove."

"You will learn all there is to know about tutaminis in your classes but it takes a
lifetime to fully master."

She was pleased to hear that he had taken well to altus sopor. It was a basic ability that could act as a building block for others. A doorway, so to speak. A ledge to hang on to. Sol listened while he explained his goals and felt her smile linger. He sounded exactly like a newly minted Padawan. So certain of inherent goodness and so very sure of his place in it. "A good Jedi is never done learning so you seem to be living up to the name in that regard."

Sol peeked one eye open at him.

"Show me your altus sopor, then. Hide from me—I will find you."

She presented it like a game. Something enjoyable, but with a teaching mechanic hidden within it so that he might not be nervous to try. No one wanted to fail, but failure, was really just finding another way something didn't work. It was trial and error and eventually, Aiden would find something that did work for him, solidify his understanding, and build upon it.

But he would never know that victory unless he tried.

Coruscant
Jedi Temple Gardens

"I know." Master Solenne's coment made him truly laugh. He shook his head slightly as he looked over to her. "The will be in awe at the sight of my awesome power and skills." Aiden took a deep breath as he then listened to her explanation of Tutaminis. "Truly?" Aiden spoke as he pondered on her words for a few moments. Before he thought he understood something, there was always something he was missing. He actually like and enjoyed that, it made it seem as if the mysteries of the force were taught or maybe just discovered in many different ways. Or perhaps his understanding of the subject was completely off, which to prevent him from sounding like a fool that was the main thing.

"I look forward to the day that I do." Aiden spoke in regards to Tutaminis. "I hope to never stop learning, that's the best way to live. I feel if maybe you think you know everything will come of as extremely ignorant. Thinking you are all powerful and all knowing might make you seem as if that is something in the dark side nature." Aiden was generalizing about that, at the moment. Aiden hadn't dealt with any members of the opposite spectrum yet.

"Yes Master, I will do my best."

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. The process started of easily, to him anyway. The further he got more into its mysteries he had to look deep within himself. Lock himself down and prevent anything from seeing him or trying to anyway. He looked further and it was a way to protect himself and to protect others. If he was out on a mission that required some sort of secrecy. He had heard stories of the Jedi shadows that operated in deep space and that was one of their callings to go deep into enemy territory. Aiden had longed to hope to forge his own path. Separate from everything else, that was also what drove him too. It seemed weird when he would think about it from time to time.

The aura within him was shrouded as well as it could be. He opened his eyes and moved to a location in the gardens and stopped after about a minute and he came to a halt. The Jedi padawan slowly knelt down, sitting back on his knees. He closed his eyes and took another deep breath, hands resting on his thighs. It was just him in the world at the moment, a silent world where no one could notice him. Or at least he hoped so but mistakes happen and you live and learn and work to be better.

solbar.png

"Oh, indeed. I'll send a missive to the Council now to let them know that all their worries are at an end."

Her voice was painted in the colors of a sing-song tone that wrapped around her words as if they were little more than a canvas. Though, her chortling chided itself into tolerable levels when they began to speak of training. It was curious to her that he had such a vast knowledge base and yet the concept of tutaminis seemed to have left a large gap. "Truly.", she responded, a light, delicate affirmation.

"Worry not, Aiden. There is no ignorance, for us. Only knowledge."

The topic of the Dark Side was not something she delved too far into. It was a rabbit hole. He was a bright, shining youth, that didn't seem to have a thought darker in his head than a rain cloud. Eventually, those questions would come. Eventually, he would want answers. Solenne would be there when the day came—If he wished it. But for now?

Teaching him the value of Control far outweighed deliberating what could to Lost Jedi.

Or even, Grey.

He agreed to her little game and she left her head back on the bench with her eyes closed. "I'll look for you in ninety-seconds.", she intoned, though, Sol could already feel him fading from her senses. Control was centered on one's own body and was often the first focus for initiates and Padawans. Why? Because if they could not remain in control of themselves, they would never be able to extend the Force and maintain their environment.

"Do you know why Control is so important?"

She asked of the air, surely, because for all intents and purposes Padawan Porte was no longer there. As a gentle breeze pulled through the gardens and tousled auburn locks, she slowly righted herself and straightened azure robes so that she might stand. "Often, it seems overlooked by Padawans. I'm sure that your classmates are eager to throw things with their minds and push each other around…"

"But if you concentrate on Control—You very well might outlast them all."

There were basic skills involved that many found dull, boring, or too easy to spend time mastering. But, if used properly, the discipline could very well allow him to survive injury and decay. It would let him serve the Order and fulfill his duty for decades longer than those that skipped the process. "Tutaminis can be as simple as protecting your skin from too much sunlight, or, redirecting a blaster bolt with your palm."

Solenne left her eyes closed and began to search for the Padawan in earnest. He wasn't half bad. Were it not for the fact that she knew what to look for she could have missed him entirely. She followed the scent of his force signature until it came to a faded halt. Most auras left a bit of a trail and thus the process of being tracked was made possible. The trick to finding a Jedi was often the same as it was when fighting any sort of stealth technology.

Sol did not look for Aiden—She looked for his absence.

To not simply be hidden, but to bend the Force around the body until it blends so seamlessly that the eyes simply slide the other direction. To project enough that an aura is not only hidden but erased.

As if it never existed at all.

She enjoyed a leisurely walk around the garden, having left her basket behind on the bench, before slowly circling around him like water flowing down. Every circle brought her closer until she leaned close—Just over his shoulder, and spoke in his ear. "Boo."

When her turned to find her, he would feel, see, and sense nothing of her at all. Not her light. Not even the scent of vanilla and rose that often accompanied her.

Just little flowers falling from low-hanging trees in the distance.

"It's your turn. Find me, little dove."

From nowhere. And, everywhere

Coruscant
Jedi Temple Gardens

You have to remain calm or the fear,anger,hate will destroy you. That is the nature of the darkside.

The words echoed through him.

Among the swirls of voices and emotion that surrounded the calm and focused demeanor of the Jedi Padawan. Yet he could hear her voice pierce through the veil. But it wasn't here to hurt him,it was a guide. Her words floated through the air until they seemingly pierced the flesh of the Padawan. Giving him strength and courage to do what needed to be done.

"What if I fail?" He just happened to whisper, that question was more deep than the words entailed. It was in moments like this when he truly felt vulnerable and powerful. Not powerful to dominate an entire planet and make them all slaves and become emperor. But the powerful to know that he was always going to do the right thing, and that he was going to be okay.

Then you try again.

"Boo."

When he slowly turned he would see nothing there just flowers falling. He rose from his position and his arm extended and hand opened up to catch one of the falling flowers. Aiden closed his hand around the flower feeling the texture against his skin.

"It's your turn. Find me, little dove."

"Yes Master." Aiden spoke as he closed his eyes once more. Focus was key, follow what he could. There wasn't a scent there was nothing. When she appeared behind him, he turned and there was nothing. And the voice was right behind him, he wondered if there was something more. A hidden key, invisible ink on a paper so to speak. Perhaps that might have been the key, search for what was missing. He wondered through the gardens, until he felt a tug, and there was nothing there. A tug again and once again nothing.

The Jedi Padawan walked a few steps until he saw something. A break in the veil it seemed like....

"Master Solenne?"

solbar.png

In truth—Solenne stood not three feet from him.

Hazel eyes flickered between shades of pale green and sky blue while observing the young Padawan move through the grounds. She could follow him like a shadow. A woodland spirit that he would be hard pressed to find unless she allowed him to pierce the glamor that surrounded. It was made by first shifting and bending light. Reflecting, so he would only see what she wished him to see.

Then by cloaking her force signature in such a way that microscopic notes filled the area. If she were on a mission of a secretive nature where her subject didn't know her, or, know she was there Solenne might have hidden completely. But for this? Aiden knew her. He knew the flavor of her aura and would be hard-pressed not to recognize it. But when he saw it in everything?

It would be exceedingly difficult to discern truth from illusion.

She continued to circle him round and round while he searched in earnest. Wondering, when it was that he might realize what was happening. Solenne was nowhere and everywhere. Eventually, she could see him adapting to her little game. Utilizing strategy. It was good that he had an adaptive mind. Solenne allowed her shielding to slip for a moment, just a flicker, and smiled when he called her name.

"Good.", she praised gently, slowly, lifting the curtain and Sol shimmered beautifully back into view. "Very, very good. Tell me…"

"How did you begin tracking me? What lead did you follow?"

Solenne had been kind enough to leave him little bread crumbs so that he might find his way but she was always curious to see what he had and hadn't noticed. He was a bright boy who seemed to quickly pick up on techniques. It gave the impression that he might one day make a very skilled Knight in his own right. Or—A Master, should he so choose. "Do you also know how I found you?"

She suspected that he had discovered part of her methods or else he would have been walking in the wrong direction. It was true that she had let him see a fault in her shielding in the end, but, that didn't make his budding skill any less apparent.

Coruscant
Jedi Temple Gardens

"It was difficult at first."
Aiden spoke earnestly. "I could sense your aura in the air, but you weren't there. Then your aura would disappear." Aiden felt as if there was a trail that he was following, and that was when he sensed her presence and aura disappear entirely.

"There was...." Aiden hesitated.... "There seemed to be a break in the aura that I caught on too. Your essence and then there was nothing. While I sensed you all around me, there was small breaks where I felt that's where you had to be but I couldn't fully discern until the end when I called out your name." Aiden spoke hoping his logic in how he explained it somewhat made sense to him.

. This is exactly why Jedi trained for many years. Aiden wanted to be the very best version of himself, at all times. Which is more so why he was constantly training and studying and furthering his knowledge of the force. He looked to Master Solenne and gave her a respectful bow, and he showed a smile. Learning was all he could do now, mistakes were to be made. You learn through mistakes and misstep. Eventually you will find your way. This was constantly told to him by his father.

Then you try again...

"How did you find me, Master?" Aiden asked in eagerness, wanting to know more. He knew he could do better and he would take all the advice that he could receive.

"I also want to thank you Master." Aiden said quickly after he asked the question. "All of this, I really appreciate it."

solbar.png

Chestnut locks tumbled over her shoulder while she nodded her head in understanding. It was by design that Aiden had felt her aura shift, wave, and move as if carried on a swift tide. She waited patiently for him to explain how the experience changed and transformed for him. The way he tracked her presence was to be expected, but he at least had a clear grasp of the core concept. "There are two or three ways you can use altus sopor to hide in plain sight."

"A rudimentary method is to simply try and keep your presence from being sensed. Many Jedi choose this in a pinch, but the pitfall, is that a skilled force-user will notice. Rather than to focus on finding you they will look for the absence of you."
, Solenne explained, carefully, so that she might not lose him in the process. She began to lead him through the trees and back toward the wooden park bench. "The next method revolves around aura concealment, plus, manipulating the Force to bend light around you and trick the eye. The last takes in to account that the opposite party already knows you're there…"

"So, in that instance—You spread your aura through the area to make your real location difficult to pinpoint. From this vantage point, you can lure them wherever you want just by moving the strongest points of your energy. To do it all seamlessly, perfectly, it takes an intense amount of focus."

"If the force-user isn't about to maintain it you'll catch sight of them through the smallest of glimpses. A shimmer in the air that doesn't belong. A break in the scenery, or, even outright failure of the visual concealment where they appear almost like a ghost. Something just out of reach—Out of focus in your mind's eye."
, the Master Jedi went on lightly. She only paused to make sure they were still on the same page. He was so eager to do well that she reached out and ruffled his hair for a moment. As if he were a much younger Padawan, and she, a common, thoughtful friend. "I found you with the former."

"I know what you feel like—So I searched for the absence of you. The way my eyes and focus were drawn away from a certain area told me definitively where you were."

Solenne felt her expression soften when the young Padawan thanked her. Such a prudent—Thoughtful child. Did he not know that it was her privilege and duty to be able to teach the next generation? Even if she managed to reach only one of them, on rare occasions, it made her efforts worthwhile. If he managed to take any of the skills she had imparted into adulthood where they served him well? Every breath, every second, mattered. "You needn't thank me, though you are most welcome."

"You give an old woman something to do for the afternoon."

Her voice was teasing and her eyebrows moved expressively to show that she was joking. Solenne had winsome features that spoke of a true child of Hapes. The telltale signs of aging didn't show as easily as it might for any other near-human. She had been mistaken for a Knight or a Padawan more than she cared to admit. Partially, because she often kept her force signature shielded. It helped to keep an enemy off balance when they didn't know what they were dealing with.

It could even be useful when stubborn colleagues and mischievous padawan learners thought she wasn't watching. "If you delve deeper into Control, you can make the illusions more complete. A seamless transition from one state to the next will make it most believable."

The auburn-haired woman finally stopped when they reached the bench and picked her basket back up. Laying it over her arm it drew back the blue sleeve of her robe to reveal what appeared to be wrapped bandages of some kind. She tugged the inner sleeve back down and issued Aiden a kind, sweet smile, that would make the sun appear pale in comparison. "Now…Would you care to join me for a real test of skill?"

Jedi Temple

The Jedi Padawan listened attentively to Solenne Abraxas Solenne Abraxas as she spoke. Aiden wasn't the type where information went through one ear and out the other. He opened his mind, he heard the words and they went deep into that brain of his. All of his life he was the type to be a bookworm. But it wasn't just books, it was everything the galaxy had to offer. By that time far off int he future he hoped, that he became one with the force. He would hope that he made a difference or made someone's life better. Aiden felt that was his purpose in life, to help whoever he could and to never stop fighting.

The future was uncertain, Aiden did his best not to even think about it sometimes. It did come up from time to time, he was only human after all. He knew that's why his father taught him as much as he could. There were some things that he didn't teach him though, his perhaps felt it was unwise for him to fully teach his son. At least that was the impression that Aiden had received. The Jedi Padawan was to go out, and make something of himself, whatever he wanted to be as long as he knew what was good and what wasn't.

"I found you with the former."

"Ah..." Aiden said with a nod of his head fully understanding as the got to the end. She ruffled his hair and Aiden couldn't help but start giggling, yet he stopped himself slightly as he cleared his throat. He followed her back through the gardens, towards where they had first greeted each other.

"You needn't thank me, though you are most welcome."

But I do, yes I do....

Aiden smile stayed on his face, but his expression softened somewhat. He would be forever indebted to her for helping him as she had. Aiden's heart grew tenfold it seemed each time there was a smile on someones face or he knew he was helping someone. She was there helping him achieve what he had set out to do. Still a long way to go, but even if she was only meant to be in his life for a second, minuted, hour and so forth. It was equivalent to moving mountains to get to where he needed to be. Aiden's friends and family were everything to him. He hadn't ever fully explained why, to anyone actually....

She was indeed important to him, she might not ever know.

"You give an old woman something to do for the afternoon."

Aiden laughed, perhaps a little bit too loud at this simply because he knew she was teasing and also when Aiden first met her, it was something out of a fairy tale it seemed like. It caught him off guard and he found himself staring somewhat. And then he caught himself and had give himself a mental kick to never do that again. Mainly because it was completely unprofessional. Perhaps when he gets promoted to Jedi Knight would he muster up the courage to tell her how beautiful he thought she was on their first meeting.

"I will do my very best and perfecting what you have taught me, Master Solenne."

Then she mentioned a true test.

"What would that be, Master?"

solbar.png

Solenne could tell Padawan Porte was hyper-focused on her every word. She could only hope that he wasn't so focused on her teachings that he forgot the world around them. While they were on Temple grounds it was one of the safest places to be on Coruscant, but that didn't mean it would always be so. There had been a time when Galactic City had been taken by the Sith Empire.

The once safe Temple had fallen on a day just like today.

The sun had been shining merrily. Padawans—Training in the courtyard and teasing one another into little feats of epiphany. Temple Staff minding the grounds. The triumvirate was locked away behind closed doors and all was well with the world while they advocated for peace and harmony. Except, that wasn't true. The sky went dark. Laughter turned to terror and the Temple crumbled.

No matter how strong they became it was wise to remember that there would always be something larger to contend with. Life, was subject to change. This was why Jedi were caught in a state of flux in which learning never ended. The acquisition of knowledge never ended. Not even for a Master—And certainly not for one Padawan Learner named Aiden Porte. The young man seemed pleased with her tongue-in-cheek behavior and Solenne thought nothing of it. She had an easier time relating to youth because they felt her to be more easily accessible. Many Masters could be…Stuffy, for lack of a better term.

Dreadfully boring was another, but she could never say it aloud.

Solenne was neither of those things.

Her smile widened when the brown-haired youngling laughed at her joke. At least someone around here had a sense of humor. "I know that you will. Never have I borrowed a more attentive student from any of my colleagues when they weren't looking.", she returned, once again, with a glimmer of laughter in hazel orbs. There was a glow to her that was often suspiciously absent in elder Jedi. They buried their emotions beneath layers of burdens, beneath chains of duty, whereas Solenne chose to embrace them for all that they were. She merely chose to control them versus indulge them.

This allowed for a healthy mind and a stable heart.

That was what she wanted for Aiden Porte Aiden Porte to guide him on his path. A healthy mind—A stable heart. His intellect was already flourishing and his heart was already grasping the tenants of right and wrong without intervention. Indeed, he would make a fine Knight.

Realizing that she had gone silent in her thoughts Solenne breathed in while she collected her basket and leaned up on the balls of her toes for a moment. The Jedi Master suspected that it wouldn't be long before he towered over her in height, but for now she had to settle for eye-level while she strove for a very serious expression. It didn't stop green and blue orbs from shifting in amusement. "It's a most difficult task…"

"Many skilled hands have tried and failed miserably."

She held up the basket and wiggled it a little.

"Jogan tarts. They're so finicky and the rest of your class will never forgive me if I burn them…Care to help me not destroy the kitchen?"

As if Solenne had ever come close to destroying any sort of Temple Facility but it was certain to put things into perspective for him. She wasn't asking him directly as a professor, but she had every faith that she could teach him a thing or two about measuring cups. Baking was all about a precision and Jedi were nothing if not precise. She could surreptitiously show him the fine art of organization and he wouldn't have the foggiest.

To be more exacting—It was a field study of about how one's stance toward a given environment places constraints on what one feels. About what they were able to do within that environment, and how those assessments and predispositions might impact the process of preparing to act.

So, if the kitchen suddenly caught fire…How would he react?

She smiled, openly, and began to back toward the correct building—expecting him to follow out of sheer curiosity. All of this could happen with casters sugar and kitchen utensils. It was a positively dastardly take when compared to hum drum curriculum.

Coruscant
Jedi Temple

Aiden wasn't sure why he was smiling so much, typically he was always smiling. But perhaps he just carried a bigger smile on his face and that he seemed to not be carrying as many woes as he was yesterday, and perhaps more grace and finesse had entered his heart. That just filled the Jedi Padawan with a deeper understanding of what was being said than before. It was truly amazing what could happen when someone entered their lives.

"It's a most difficult task…"

He listened with much intrigue as she began.....

"Many skilled hands have tried and failed miserably."

"Yes....." Aiden began as he wondered what grand adventure they were about to embark on. Then he glanced to her basket as she moved back and forth and he couldn't help but start laughing. He cleared his throat and he laughed again. "I would be more than happy to assist you in this task. Although my fate is in your hands, if we both ruin the tarts. The Padawans would forgive you, but me......" Aiden shrugged his shoulders slightly as he glanced around for a moment as if people were watching him. "My life could be at stake."

He took a deep breath as he was more than happy to assist Solenne Abraxas Solenne Abraxas

Aiden had helped his mother and father in the kitchen more often than not, when he was much younger. Measuring cups and the like, he was pretty competent at that. But perhaps he wanted to make a good impression on Solenne. Although Aiden couldn't help but ask, mainly in jest about their fate should they fail at the tarts. Which he felt they wouldn't at all. But it was still fun to let loose and have some fun, knowing that there were other Masters that were well....

He didn't want to say different, but they were just unique. And that was the greatest thing ever.

"Would you protect me, should I ruin these." Aiden inquired while looking towards her.

solbar.png

Some Padawan's were stalwart and steadfast in their studies. Quiet, intuitive things where the colors of life seemed to pass them by without a thought. Solenne was gladdened to know that Aiden had not succumbed to such a travesty despite his eagerness to learn. There was some sort of spark, something special, that was lost when children forgot to be children. Eventually, there would come a day when he longed for the relative sanctuary of the Jedi Temple.

When he would wish that he had taken just one more peaceful moment beneath the low-hanging boughs of flowering trees.

Laughter and light were the salvation of tears and darkness. That was the reason Sol cherished it so very, very much. When Aiden smiled, she returned it, if only to prove that there was a way to reach great heights within their ranks while not losing their sense of self. She was indeed a Master in their craft. Solenne could fight, when required, and did so with what appeared to be relative grace and ease. Her shielding abilities were legend—But, none would take her for a warrior at first glance.

That was because she wasn't.

Solenne was a Guardian. A peacekeeper—As they had always been designed to be.

"Oh, yes—Your very life could be at stake.", she parroted back with wide, hazel eyes, reflecting the assumed terror of his fellow classmates. "But you are the mighty Jedi Porte. Surely, you can take care of yourself."

Were there any real threat of danger she wouldn't hesitate to pull him out of the fire. But, in this instance? He would simply have to survive on his own merit. The auburn-haired woman merrily led the way to the kitchen, though, her feet never seemed to touch the ground. The Hapan female was often incredibly graceful without even thinking. She was used to moving quietly, and swiftly, so that she may not be discovered. When the Padawan asked if she would protect him her laughter rang freely like small silver bells. "I will think about it, perhaps."

"—But you'll owe me one."

Her response was obviously cheeky as they moved through the Temple proper. The kitchens were deep within, almost buried, beyond archives and meditation areas. Close to the agriculture centers but far enough away that one could get lost if they didn't know the way. Solenne did. She had been a Padawan at this very Temple—So many moons ago. "Here we are…"

The Temple Staff seemed to pause in their duties when the portal opened and seemed entirely surprised that a Jedi and a Padawan were invading their space. Solenne, ever magnanimous, respectfully inclined her head at those that provided them with so much and requested that they be allowed to use the facilities. The people that kept them going behind the scenes were often forgotten.

As much as Sol desired to treat the Padawans and Initiates she also didn't want to disrupt daily necessities. "Certainly, Master Abraxas. You may use the area further down, to the left. There's plenty of space and a few free ovens…Just let us know if you require anything."

"You are most gracious—Our students will be most pleased.", Solenne beamed at the Staff Member and left them a stuttering mess at the brilliant, beautiful smile she held. It was more than expression. It was the way she moved and the way her soul almost seemed to sing with good-natured charity and hope. "Thank you, kindly."

The azure-clad woman led Aiden down the rows and eventually set her basket on the table. She removed the outer-layer of pristine blue robes and hung it on a waiting hook while fetching two aprons from beneath the counter. Her clothing beneath it was in the same spectrum, but a lighter color. It had sleeves that were tight against her arms and a collar that wrapped high around her neck. Her shoulders were bare, but there was a piece of yellow-gold-tipped fabric that crossed over her body and lay neatly over her left side. The skirts were long but beneath them lay fitted blue leggings for ease of movement that were tucked into soft leather boots.

Solenne tossed one of the aprons to Aiden and began to look around the facilities. Eventually, she glanced toward the full cabinets overhead and pointed at a few pantry ingredients that her height wouldn't quite let her reach. "We'll need sugar, flour, salt…"

Coruscant
Jedi Temple

"But you are the mighty Jedi Porte. Surely, you can take care of yourself."

"That is true Master Solenne, my strength and power is unparalleled."
Aiden said with a chuckle. "So, I shouldn't be worried at all." The Padawan spoke in jest, while he walked beside her and they arrived at their location.

"—But you'll owe me one."

I'll probably owe you about three or four, Aiden thought as he smiled towards Solenne Abraxas Solenne Abraxas

"Thank you very much." Aiden said after the Staff member was able to grant them a location. He was quite eager to start this process. However he knew patience was needed, baking was a delicate art. And while he had helped in the kitchen before he was no expert in the kitchen. He caught the apron she tossed him and he began to place it on, and he couldn't help but glance over to Solenne as she got herself situated. There was such a natural beauty to Solenne and a grace that she carried with her. If he were to see her outside of the Jedi Temple, he would honestly think she was something of Royalty. Aiden when right before he left he took a tour of the Naboo Royal Palace it was good to see the complex and the art and everything that came with it.

Not saying that he would ever want to be a King or Royalty, but it was just simply made him feel good as he looked upon it.

"Right!" Aiden said as he moved in and reached for the three ingredients that were just out of Master Solenne's reach.

"See, I'm good for something." Aiden spoke with a small smile as he set the three items down on the counter. Looking to Solenne for the next directives to follow.

"I've been doing some research in regards to the forging of my own lightsaber, and I been researching Lothal. I found something interesting though, that there are orchids of Jogan fruit that are grown there. When I make my trip there, I will definitely bring you some back." Aiden said with a smile, it was just pure coincidence that he happened to be looking at Lothal and he found what he found. He was sure Master Solenne would love that. "Perhaps with that I can bring down what I owe you by a small amount." He said with a hearty laugh, stress level non existent.

He was truly content and happy right now.

solbar.png

Solenne hummed softly whilst trying to remember all the ingredients. The jogan fruit would need to be cut into smaller pieces so they could cook it down into a sweet jam to go in the middle of the tarts. She smiled at Aiden when he passed her the dry ingredients she had asked for. Then—She sent him for the wet ones. "Come now, Aiden. You're adept at many things."

"And today we will make an apprentice baker out of you. We'll also need very cold water and the coldest butter from the chiller. The unsalted kind. It looks a touch blue."

Sol pulled out two cutting boards and set down the appropriate knife for both of them before she set to washing the jogan. It was fine to eat fresh from the tree, but rinsing fruit always felt right. She set the large basket on the counter and waited for Aiden to get back. "First—We need to cut down the jogan into quarters. Then we'll cook them down in some sugar. Be mindful with the knives as they're quite sharp."

The Jedi Master smiled at the helpful Padawan as he talked about his trip to Lothal. She was so proud of him for traveling so far just to make his lightsaber. The dark-haired woman chuckled softly at his subtle need to repay her for her kindness. One day he would learn that it was her wish to expose him to gentleness while she still could. The galaxy was full of things that were harsh. One day—He would need to toughen his skin in order to survive.

That didn't mean he had to harden his heart.

"I would like that, little dove. I must admit I don't think I've seen jogan anything from Lothal."

Lothal was famous for a few things, one of them, being wolves. Another? Loth-cats. As long as he didn't try and bring a ton of those back to the temple, they'd be perfectly fine. Once the jogan were cut she would have Aiden measure an exact amount of sugar before they dumped all the jogan into a large pot. From there it would cook on a low, low heat. "Now the fun part!", she announced, getting their dry ingredients back together and a decent-sized mixing bowl. She measured them all neatly so he could cut the butter.

"Now—Whisk the flour. Sugar, and salt together. Then dump all that butter in there and squish it around. Just don't go too crazy…If the butter gets too soft it'll basically be paste."

She waited until she was satisfied, watching, from just to the right of him. Only one of them needed to get coated in wet flour that day and it didn't need to be her. Padawans liked to be messy, right? "Okay…That's pretty good. Now add that ice water just a little at a time till your dough looks like a shaggy, weird lump. Looks terrible, tastes great."

Solenne added flour to the cutting board for him before stepping to the side to mix the jam.

"When you've reached that stage pat the dough down until it's in a decent rectangle. Wrap it in clean-film and toss it in the chiller."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom