Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Between Two Worlds

The word 'mother' ripped at her heart. Mia closed her eyes overcome with emotion as he begged for it to stop. For it to end.

"Malum..." she said softly. She wanted to offer him words of encouragement, to tell him he could fight this, but as the minutes drew on she knew he was losing.

She had to do something.

Because despite everything, despite his temper, his insults and attempted manipulations, Mia cared. Not just because of Elise, she'd cared from day one. Something in him had called to her and she was not going to let him die.

Mia opened herself in the force, opened her mind and reached into Malum's. Fire lanced across her skull as she did, but she transcended pain. She pushed further absorbing all of it, every attack Ophidia launched was useless on her. She inserted herself mentally between them a sheild to take Malum's pain.

I'm here, Malum, I've got you. But you have to fight her. You have to push her back. This is your mind, your body. You are in control. Not her.

Blood trickled from her nose, the extension of herself to take anothers pain to press into anothers mind, took everything from her.

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

For the one on offence, whose actions had thus far been entirely successful in her aims, the intervention of another was unexpected, indeed enough to give pause, the realisation that what she had desired had come about to a greater degree than she could have even imagined, and now...

...It was up to Malum to finish this.

She forced her attention toward the one that dared invade this place, using all her strength to attempt to drive her off, sever the length that the Force had extended between them, even daringly, using the connection to counterattack, to push into her brain, to make her experience all the horror that Malum had experienced the last few seconds, lightning, cuts, boiling, all of it directed toward the one who at this moment.

Had made herself vulnerable.

Vulnerable in far more ways than one.

Malum's eyes suddenly snapped wide open, the tears ceasing, his vision was still shot, fogging and uneven, yet he could finally see again, as he brought a hand to wipe away his tears, his mind still cloudy and unfocused.

But feeling something drip onto him.

A liquid of burgundy colour and thicker than water.

One known to him very well.

Blood.

His vision cleared, almost flickering to life, tilting his gaze, realising that he was pressed up against someone, and their hands were wrapped around him in some sort of embrace.

He flushed pink, as he blinked several times, very confused, his memory was a mist, the synapses and neurons pushed to the brink of being snapped, now processing the information as best as it could, while the body almost reanimated back to life, yet with the caustic coldness and slothfulness of a body that was once well... dead.

What he did know, however, was despite the last of his thoughts, whoever wrapped their arms around him, was certainly not his mother.

Which meant.

Which meant they very much should not have their hands wrapped around him.

They should not be in such an intimate embrace, where he could feel her entire body pressed against him.

This was...

This was disloyalty.

How could he find himself in a position to betray Elise?

Why would his Mistress... do any of this?

His breathing grew heavier, his vision twisting, as he found himself unwrapping himself from the embrace, pushing himself off the shoulder he was resting on, and turning to face...

... Mia Monroe Mia Monroe ... why...

He had no time to consider any of that, as a ghostly whisper broke through his brow, one foreign and alien, yet still familiar.

I'm here, Malum, I've got you. But you have to fight her. You have to push her back. This is your mind, your body. You are in control. Not her.

Blood trickled from her nose, the extension of herself to take anothers pain to press into anothers mind, took everything from her.

He winced, feeling something ramming deep in his mind, feeling a battle taking place that did not involve him.

And now, he knew the exact culprits.

He found his hands wrapped around hers, his mouth dry, as he gazed on helplessly, at the bloodied nose of the woman that had broken him out of mortal combat.

One he could not help, as one within him tortured her, as much as himself was tortured.

She was a hypocrite, but she did not deserve this, nor did she need to fight his battles.

Even if he could begrudgingly not deny how touched he was, that she had.

That she had broken through to him, to shield him, as he had only a few seconds ago desired death.

"Mia, exit my min-"

"You have her now."

Malum's eyes widened, as his words were cut off, another voice deep in his mind, held deeply familiar, one whom he had served loyally, even in the moments he had betrayed her.

The one who had tortured him, not even moments before.

His teeth ground down, his hands forming into fists, as nails bit into skin, anger, and rage would have formed if only he had not been too exhausted, feeling all the wounds and injuries of the day take their toll, as all he could do was stew in his anger, as he could barely keep himself up.

"Whether she knows of me or not, she will do all she can to save you, your perfect ally against Kaine." She continued to speak, her manipulations so plain to him now, as he was confident her words for him only, and not the other who was digging about in his mind.

Even when they acted in concert, he had been manipulated.

And she had done all she had to, make them complete.

And as the hazy pain from his brain cleared, signalling the attack on both of them had ended.

As Malum himself attempted to steady Mia.

He knew whether he liked it or not.

Whether he would forgive this ultimate, and painful sacrifice to make the play succeed.

It had worked.

And he hated that.

The assualt was unrelenting, ad each strike from Ophidia drove home, she felt the blood running over her lips as the assualt took its toll but she felt no pain. Mia stood firm in his mind. She felt him move, untangle himself from the embrace she'd secured him in.

It had worked.

That was all that mattered. But the thing was still attacked, cutting across Malum's words to her. Then it stopped, perhaps realising that it was a waste, that it wouldn't drive her out. Mia didn't know, all she knew was that she was somewhere she should not be.

She withdrew from his mind, eyes rolling breifly into the back of her head as she pitched backwards into the dirt. A groan escaping her lips. It would be so easy, to stay here. To rest under Zanbar's sky.

She forced her eyes open, dsrkness pulling at the edge of her vision. Mia was spent and entirely at Malum's mercy. A position she did not want to be in, though there was very little she could do about it.

"You alright?" She slurred. Pain shivered through her, coming back with such agression it drove the want to rest away. Another groan escaped her lips as her body shuddered. "Karking blood poison." She muttered, drawing in a deep shuddering breath, rising above it again. Her eyes sliding and out of focus as she tried to settle them on Malum.

Malum was still, derision warring within him, wanting nothing more to delve back into his mind, challenge his Mistress like Ali had told him to do so long ago, meditate, retake control, and suppress her faculties, suppress the near ironclad will she held over his mind. Yet he could not, as he digested the meaning of her words, as he realised in his present condition, he was simply far too exhausted, far too weak to attempt to engage in the battle that Ali would want him to.

And far more importantly.

He had to catch his saviour, as momentum finally took its toll, and she groaned, falling back onto the grassy knoll where their dramatics had all played themselves out to conclusion.

Cradling her bloodied body, his knees a makeshift pillow for her head, he sat with some confusion still.

Well, some confusion was an understatement.

It was a whirling tornado of confusion and disorientation of various topics and matters, which he held absolutely no answers to, of his Mistress, of Mia, of Elise, of betrayal, of even ironically enough, confusion, confusion of why exactly the woman below him had risked herself to battle the Queen of Shadows for his benefit.

Yet there was little time for that, as his red eyes flickered back into focus, down upon eyes that were always shifting between blue and orange.

"Are you?" His voice was hollow, cracking, his breath tight, he threw the questions aside, but even then, they remained a stagnant torrent on his mind, especially the last, why... why had she done this? He noted the mention of blood poison, a scar from her battle with Kaine, "I am not Elise," Didn't he know it, "Neither in the fact I know force healing, nor the fact that I am one you need to protect," His voice grew in emotion, as he ground down on his teeth, "Why did you do something so foolhardy as entering a Sith Lord's mind?" He glanced down at her visible injury, the blood still flowing from her nose, as he reached into his robes and pulled out yet another handkerchief, but there was no humour in it this time, as he simply attempted to gently wipe the blood from her nose, "You wanted to kill me, mere moments ago, what changed, Liber- Mand'al- Mia," He choked back the emotion, wanting to say more, crack wise about anything to clear the mood, end the tension.

Yet he could not deny that he desperately wanted to know.

Wanted to know if his Mistress had been right.

Wanted to know... if indeed, Mia cared.

And still, he did not know why exactly he cared.

There was no prospect of allowing her to escape his questions by way of one of his japes.

He needed to know.

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Mia blinked trying to keep his face in focus as he spoke, his voice wrought with emotion. "Wasn't you." She said softly "It wasn't you that brought that out in me it was her."

That wasn't an answer to his question.

"You were in pain. You needed help."

That wasn't it, either. She wrestled with herself, eyes sliding shut again as another shudder of pain ran through her. She needed rest.

Forcing her eyes open again, she found the words to answer him. "For all the venom and cruelty you use as a weapon, for all the anger you wear as armour...beneath it, is a good man. I have known that since we met. You have a good heart, and good hearts however misguided, need care and protection."

Her eyes fluttered shut, her breathing slowing as her conciseness began to slip from her. Again she pulled herself back remembering that she was not safe. Not while Ophidia had such power over him.

"She will be your destruction, Malum. Whatever you think you can gain from keeping her loose, will be twisted against you. You won't see it until it is too late. Everything you hold dear, will fall apart in your hands, and she will have you believe it was the correct path, the only path. Do not let her win, Malum. If not for your own sake, the for Elise's."

She blinked, unaware of the tears rolling from the corners of her eyes. "Help me to my ship. Please. I need rest..I need..." she trailed away again, darkness tugging as her eyes rolled into the back of her head.

His heart was shaking, as much as the rest of his body, whether the physical demands of his body attempting to recover back to a point of equilibrium, or if it was the emotional turmoil he was still going through. Such might have been too much for any man, but to have that in addition to the parasite that swam around in his head.

Well, it was enough to bring anyone to their knees, to utter collapse and ruin.

Thankfully, he was already on his knees, even if they were currently cradling someone else.

His lip twisted at her words, somewhere between a weak smile and a grimace, yet might have also been a frown, been a scowl, all in reaction to her words perhaps, yet more in reaction to all the thoughts, feelings, and emotions, undefinable, yet sorely felt, that swirled and whirled around his mind.

He gazed away, looking down upon her was not giving him answers, she herself was not giving him answers.

"The Sith need not be the terrors and horrors, the blights of the galaxy that they are known and remembered as," He breathed out, his mind too cloudy to go off his political thesis that he had developed over two decades and a half, yet knowing it needed to be said, "I... cannot fault the Sith of the past for their actions, what they needed to do to survive in a galaxy that hated them, wished to exterminate them, even attempted to exterminate them, was necessary, for the truth we bear is a truth that the galaxy must accomplish, or else we will remain in our chains," He choked, breathing in deeply trying to not waver, "Yet the wanton cruelty, the lack of discipline, the actions of some amongst our Order," Stagnant immortals, failed Emperors, those who no longer held the Sith's interests above their own, "They, must be purged, Kaine, and all the rest, for a new Sith Empire to rise, that can hold dominion over the Galaxy, defeat the Jedi, and face the only threat that matters," His formed fists had bit through skin, and blood poored freely out, yet it did not matter.

"For even in all our evil acts across history, how can we be certain we were fully in control?" It was a weak excuse, yet one which he knew very certainly could be the case, the Force a malevolent entity, one which had made its puppets dance throughout history, all in an effort to make a balance that simply was not possible.

The Alliance, the Mandalorians, and all others may be enemies of the Sith.

Yet it was the Force that was their true enemy, the only one that mattered.

"It will only be when the failed Sith are purged or returned to orthodoxy, when the Galaxy has returned to our grip, when it is defeated, that we will have true peace, true prosperity," His eyes finally returned to Mia's, "True good."

He shivered, all his words spilling out, his political and metaphysical manifesto drawn bare, he felt even weaker now, saying it all, still there was enough for him to weakly chuckle at her words.

They were not wrong.

Not in the least.

But there dwelt the problem.

"I know it too well Mia," He whispered down to her, eyes softened and weak, "Yet we will face an uphill battle, an up mountain battle, to face Kaine, I will face more in reforming... revolutionising, the Sith Empire, I need her, a boon that I cannot succeed without, yet..." His breath grew still, knowing that usually saying the next words would gain him punishment, yet knowing, it needed to be said, "I am not so naive to think she not a threat... I have plans and theories... I will never let her harm Elise." He had not let her harm Sophia that night on Korriban, whether it would break him or not.

He would stay in control.

He would stay himself.

The last of her words broke him out of his musings, as he wiped away the fresh vaunt of tears, as her eyes closed, and she drifted off into unconsciousness.

"As you wish, Lady Monr-, Mia."

To think, not so long ago, such would have been the perfect opportunity to kill her.

Instead, he found his arms around her knees, and her back, shaky legs pulling themselves up, as he carried her, as best he could to where he assumed her ship was.

She had saved him, even if it had all been manipulation, and he had been under no true harm.

That much warranted a lot more than a little bit of gratitude.

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

He was waiting for her, sat on a log bench carved by his own hand beside the stream that ran through his farmstead. Jasper Ordo was a giant of a man, capable of crushing a mans skull with his bare hands, but he was also the gentlest soul she'd ever known, choosing cultivation over crusading. He looked up as she approached and gave her a sad smile.

"Mi'ika"

"Ori'vod." she said softly in response, settling down on the log before him.

For a long time they didn't say anything, the just sat, watching the stream, each lost in their own memories. "Remember when the Bear was in charge, we all skinny dipped here." he said with a chuckle.

"You all skinny dipped." she corrected him. "I believe when Strider tried to lure me in I called him Babuir and a pervert." They laughed. A bittersweet memory, before she earned the title Liberator, before her and Ijaat had disturbed the planets core...before the Civil War where they had fought on opposite sides. "I miss you Jasper." she said after a beat, tears spilling over her cheeks. "I'd say I wish you were here, but I don't wish this on anyone."

"Ijaat should have left you to rest."

"I wasn't resting. I can never rest. My crimes transcend with me in this life and the next. There is no peace."

He heaved a heavy sigh and shook his head. "So, instead of finding peace in life, you're going to throw yourself at the sith...again."

"There is no peace, while our planet weeps, Jasper. Carnifex will watch us rebuild just for the sake of making it a better challenge, and then he will do his best to wipe him out. I'm not throwing myself at the sith, I'm going to carve him out of this galaxy one piece at a time."

"And the kid?"

Mia closed her eyes. "I pray to Manda I am right about him." he laid a hand on hers. "Because if I'm not, if I have allowed myself to be manipulated again..." she shook her head. Jasper turned, resting his forehead against hers, stilling her doubts. he drew back, pressing a kiss a top her head. "Gar shuk meh kyrayc, Mi'ika."

She nodded understanding, moving to rest her head against his shoulder. her eyes fluttering closed, listening to the birds and the bubbling water.

Mia opened her eyes, greeted as she was every morning since their skirmish on Garos, with unbearable pain. Fire swam through her blood, but it had become so much of her routine that outwardly, all the signs given was a sahpr intake of breath and a tensing of her muscles until she was able to recall crucitorn to silence the pain.

Closing her eyes briefly she whispered "Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum Jasper."

A payer for her older brother. Her heart was heavy as she sat up extending her senses and surprised to feel Malum was still here, slowly she rose from the bed, leaving the tiny cabin to track the young sith down. "I am surprised you are still here, Malum." she said softly as she approached "How long have I been out?"

He had found her ship easily enough, entering the metal hulk he was breathing heavily, arms aching, as he finally laid her to rest on what seemed to be the most comfortable spot he could find, doing the best he could to tend to what obvious wounds he saw.

"What is this relationship we share, Mia Monroe?" He spoke to the silence, as the durasteel doors closed behind him.

This would have normally been the opportunity to snoop around her ship and find anything interesting, that might be useful in his future endeavours. Yet, something stopped him, and it was not simply how exhausted he felt.

Indeed he felt his legs fail him, not too far away from the door where he laid her down.

It was dangerous he knew, as he found himself falling, only managing to stay up, as he desperately grabbed the surrounding durasteel walls, his entire body aching, his heart beating with the beat of a horse in full sprint, and his eyes drooping. It was dangerous being her, even with her as an ally. After all, it had only been a few minutes before that she had wanted to kill him.

And though he had given her the opportunity, even if she had not taken it, it did not mean she was immune to changing her mind.

Still, he could not help it, as he found a seat, leaning his back against the cold walls, and falling into a deep slumber.

His eyes snapped awake at the sound of steps, his hand instinctively finding itself to the hilt of his lightsabre, as his eyes struck the noise.

He relaxed realising it was Mia, stretching his arms, his sleep had not been easy, he had drifted in and out of consciousness, he had moved about several times, patroled around the ship, still, his brain pumping adrenaline into his system, would not let him so easily fall away into the darkness.

"A day and a few hours, it seems neither of our forms was in the best shape," He offered a smirk, "And of course, I was here, someone needed to keep watch while you slept the day away." He found himself to his legs, his lightsabre returning back to his robes, as best a show of trust as he could manage in their circumstance.

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Malum looked awful, sleep deprived and still showing wear from...well everything. She expected she looked much the same, even with rest. "I appreciate it." She said softly. She moved past him, squeezing his should as she did, heading towards the cockpit to check her comms.

She flicked them on, a shimmering blue picture of Jhi came to life. "Al'verde, where the feth are you? Mand'alor is losing his mind, you're supposedto be resting. You said you be gone a few days but you also said you'd check in. Don't make me send a search party out, we really can't spare the resources." Mia snorted the recording came to an end it was only a few hours old. She had time.

Slowly she began to flick the switches across the ships console, running preflight checks. "Do we need to talk, about..." she trailed off, not sure what to call everything that had transpired between them. She turned to face him, he'd seen more of her than anyone else, seen her more vulnerable than she had been when Kaine had tore his sword from her abdomen.

That should have made her deeply uncomfortable, but it didn't.

He tensed as her hand squeezed on his shoulder, yet that was all he did, he allowed her to touch him without any other reaction, he allowed her to touch him at all, as she squeezed past him toward the cockpit. He himself softly banged his head against the cold durasteel walls of the ship's interior, what the chaos was happening?

From enemies to allies to enemies to allies to enemies to... well there were multiple repetitions of that pattern, all to the now.

Where he was entirely unsure what they were.

The sound of another voice was barely audible through the doors to the cockpit, he could barely make them out, yet surmised their contents quickly enough, some Moridinizid woman, very urgently curious where the hell the consort to their Mand'alor was. It mattered little to him, apart from the end, that they might dispatch a search party.

In his state... fighting off several Moridinizid warriors...

It would not be pretty.

Yet he was confident enough that Mia would defend him if such a time came, tell them he was no threat, and if need be, actually defend him, certainly not lethally against her own kind, but she would not let unjust harm come towards him, for simply some misunderstanding.

Why was he so confident of that?

He had plenty of time to review what had happened more than a day ago as he drifted in and out of sleep, as he walked about the ship and outside of it for a breath of fresh air, to stretch his legs and make himself comfortable. Yet, reviewing all that had happened, still left him in confusion, perhaps even more confusion than initially.

From going from her shoving him against a wall, for daring to peek into her mind, to his amulet blasting her away, allowing her influence to take root, from simply talking, speaking emotionally, frankly, and honestly about Elsie and other matters, causing her an emotional meltdown, to having himself manipulated to manipulate her, which caused him an emotional meltdown, saving each other from both, and leaving them in this... odd state.

His memories returned to him slowly, but then as a deluge.

He called her mother.

What was wrong with him?

The rationale side was quick to defend him, he was in truly desperate straits, his brain splitting apart, his vision entirely lost to darkness, he had wanted comfort.

And so he called out for the one who had comforted him his entire life.

Yet, he could not truly accept that explanation.

Some part of him must have known, had known, that there was no possible way for his mother to have been there.

Yet he had felt the comfort of a maternal figure, aiding him to keep the demons and pain at bay.

And he called them mother.

He knew, some part of him knew it had been Mia Monroe.

And he had called out to her as mother.

What was wrong with him?

He never found out, as he stood up from his seat to wavering knees, realising that the sound of comms had ended, and feeling the ship beneath him begin to stir to life. His eyes found hers, as the all-important question was asked.

"What happened... will be known to no one outside this room... not even Elsie..." He looked away at that, a flicker of shame flashing across his eyes, he had said he would never lie to her, but was hiding the truth any better? "But, it would likely be best to not lie to each other," His eyes found themselves back onto hers, as he leaned against a wall, "What would you like to discuss?"

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Last edited:
Mia nodded in slowly in agreement, she had no intention of sharing anything of the events that passed between them with anyone. Keeping secrets from those she loved most was her specialty. None but Malum knew how far she'd fallen into the dark. None but Malum knew of the ghosts that plagued her.

As for him?

He had called her mother. In his weakest moment, whether consciously or not, he had cried out, and called her mother. The memory ripped at her heart and she dropped her gaze nodding back past him towards the galley.

"I'll put on some caff."

She led him back down the shio, pastvthe cabin towards the small galley and table busying herself with setting the caff pot up and using it as an opportunity to organise her thoughts.

"Lets start with the biggest problem." She said finally, gesturing at the small table for him to sit.

"Ophi-" she stopped remembering he had asked the first time they met that she not speak her name. "She could have killed you. Could have killed both of us." The idea of that settled like a vold stone in the pit of her stomach. "The power that she has over you is deeply concerning. I understand your...need to keep her, to gain access to her power. But she rendered you catatonic, whats to stop her doing it again? What are you going to do, to maintain control?"

Last edited:
"I'd like that," Malum smirked a bittersweet smirk, as he allowed her through the narrow corridor that connected the cockpit to the rest of the ship, following her soon after, he had seen many parts of the vessel in his aimless wanderings, he likely could have found the kitchenette of sorts himself, yet it was good to simply shut his mind off, the mind filled with so many thoughts that he might explode if he let it wander too far.

Good to simply follow after someone, rather than lead.

He took the invitation to sit quietly, as she prepared the caff pot.

He focused his attention back on her, as she spoke, allowing her to finish before he offered a rebuttal, "Are we so certain that is the biggest problem?" He quirked an eyebrow, doing as they had always done in difficult situations.

Redirection, distraction, diversion.

Yet he could not stop the wince that broke through from his mind, tingling to the rest of the body, at the mere suggestion that there would be a threat against her.

"You seem to have ghosts of your own that haunt you, many more than I, and they seem just able to bring you to your knees."

Yet, he like so many other times of late, was more than willing to shoot himself in the foot.

"She will not do that again, she has no desire to cripple me so unless she believes it serves a greater purpose. Darth Strosius and I may have killed her, but she knows the best chance for her continued survival rests on my survival. She would rather cooperate on shared goals than be in continuous battle and competition," They knew Darth Strosius' example meditating in the darkness, being in constant battle with themselves, refusing all olive branches and doves, pride making them refuse to accept the aid of their old Mistress, "We cannot kill Kaine without her aid, and there is no one in this galaxy that would wish to kill Kaine more than her." His mind was strangely at ease, he was able to breathe fully, it was not that she was dormant.

No, it was something else entirely.

His eyes met Mia's, with an orange glimmer dancing on red orbs.

"I will not allow her to consume me, to assimilate me into being simply her puppet, the simple threat that I could bring about our mutual downfall at my choosing, will keep her at bay." He was not sure why he said that, he was not sure why he did not mention his theories regarding the amulet and all else.

Did he still not trust her?

A part of him certainly did not.

And that part of him had its own agenda entirely.

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Last edited:
Mia quirked an eyebrow at his deflection they would get to her ghosts she was working backwards. Also she had no idea whatvshe was going to do about her own problems, so tackling his first was easier. There was something in his words that gave her pause, her blue eyes settling on his, calculating.

Unless is serves a greater purpose...

She set the mugs in her hand down on the counter, setting her palms on the counters surface to hide the shake that the spike of anger that shot through her.

Mia closed her eyes, Jasper was waiting behind her eye lids, shaking his head. He didn't need to speak, they both know he saw it coming.

Opening them she let out a long breath, letting her anger go. "She wanted me to save you." She said flatly. "She wanted to bind us, because for whatever reason she did not thibk we could get there on out own." She shook her head. "Karking sith." She muttered. The caff machine hissed signalling its brewing complete and she filled both the mugs, bringing them to the table and setting one in front of Malum before dropping into the seat opposite him.

"So, she's manipulating both of us. Good to know, my whole existence has been manipulated by sith, so why would I expect this life to be any different." She heaved a sigh. "For both our sakes, I hope you are right, because if you're not... if she puts me in a position where killing you is the only option..."

She left the rest unsaid. Whatever she felt, regardless of any bond they might now shared, Mia was legendary in her ruthlessness. She would not hesitate if it meant keeping her people and her family safe.

"I would have thought Moridin- Mandalore," He bit down his teeth, the word of instinct giving out to the word of diplomacy, "would have taught you well enough about what little threats will net you," He paused, "what threats will net either of us," It was the closest he had come to an admission of blame in their few interactions, the best concession he was willing to give towards one that was able to elicit a low growl from the back of his throat.

"I cannot claim to know her full purpose, I cannot claim to know her full desire, though she is privy to my thoughts and actions, I cannot claim the same powers over her, only that I remain still on upper ground, and will continue to do so," He glowered at the insult towards his people and creed, yet did little more, he was tired, and he had better things to do than deal with the petty insults of a woman who was not in much better shape herself. Focusing on the steam of the caff rising up to him, the smell, intoxicating... at least to him in present conditions. Caff drinking had been something that had been forced onto him when there was so much to do, and so little time to do it, at least if one slept, what was the solution? Caff.

He expected his to be fancy, flavourful, rich in taste and affect.

Yet this, considering the circumstances, would do fine.

As long as it cooled down.

Unfortunately, as he waited, he would receive an earful from the Moridinizid.

"I am in control, and I will remain in control, I do not deny that she may have manipulated you, and considering your history I will not blame your lack of trust in me," So it was revealed, that whatever creature comfort she offered him, when his brain was splitting in two, as he lost himself into the pain and anguish.

He did not matter to her, not truly.

He could feel the walls rising back up.

He could only rely on himself, only rely on what was in his mind.

Even Elise, even Trayze, even Al- Darth Strosius, none, none of them could be entirely relied upon.

Especially not Mia.

They were all out of themselves, all with their differing ambitions and wants, he could only rely on what was within in his form, only rely on himself, no one else.

He knew that.

He knew it from the very beginning.

So why did it sting?

He suddenly stood and walked away, no explanation was given, as he made certain Mia could not see, as his hand went to his eyes, and he felt the weakness trail down his cheek.

"Fuck." He whispered quietly, yet not quiet enough.

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Mia closed her eyes as he got up and walked away. Had she been too harsh... too honest?

No. They were past smoke and mirrors, everything that was laid on the table between them was honest and raw. Her chest ached and she pushed herself to her feet, coming up behind him a gentle hand on his elbow to make him turn to face her. "Malum..." she said softly. "You need to understand, that if it came to it..." she felt her own eyes misting up and blinked hard against it. "That it would tear me in two." Her voice cracked.

That was the most honest she had been and the words hung between them for a heartbeat before she continued. "I would expect the same, from you, should I lose control. Its not a threat, its not an insult I am waving at you to draw a reaction. I care. Deeply. Far more than I should. It is a promise, a vow."

She reached, to touch his chin, to force him to look at her, to see that there were no more barriers between them, that everything she said was the truth.

"I promise you, that if you lose control, and I or Elise cannot bring you back... I will make sure she doesn't win."

To think being told if he was lost, that he would be killed, would be so comforting.

Her hand on his elbow, forcing him to face her, as he blinked out tears, as he hissed out, his brain wracked by her response to the threat, his eyes beginning to glow their ghastly glow, before suddenly.

It stopped.

The unspoken threat in response to the spoken.

He breathed out softly, when had this all become so complicated? Was it simply that day he was summoned to Fiviune to meet the Triumvir that would become his Mistress? Would it be the day that he crashlanded on Archais, and met the most beautiful and caring and confusing and frustrating woman in the galaxy? Would it be the day on Fiviune that all would remember when he had slain the Queen of Snakes?

When he had committed the sin, that held his own mind in its clutches and would never let him go.

Yet it had only grown more and more difficult, more and more complicated hence.

His great dreams and ambitions, they were not any more close to fruition.

His enemies only grew in strength and number.

Yet he had been more powerful now, than he had ever been since.

Even...

...Even if it was not his power, was it?

He offered no resistance, as she took his chin and gently forced him to look into her eyes.

In any other circumstance.

If it had been anyone else.

He might have wandered their intentions.

Yet that did not change how his eyes widened.

"I... need her... Mia..." Malum whispered, his gaze breaking from hers, looking anywhere but at her, "We need her, we cannot defeat, we cannot kill Kaine without her."

He could not... he could not bring the Sith Order towards the right path without her.

He was still so weak.

He still needed his Mistress.

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Last edited:
"Yes, we can." Mia let him go as he turned his gaze from her. She heaved a sigh and moved back to the table.

"I understand your need to cling to her power. I did the same with Velok." her eyes stared into her caff as she wrapped her hands around it. "I went from being Mand'alor with the power of my people at my back, to Mand'alor with the power of a Sith Lord at my fingertips in the space of moments. It was... difficult to separate the memories. To understand what was him and what was me. He is the reason I have the power that I do now. But by the time I was able to remove him, by the time I had taken everything I needed from him to become this?" She lifted her gaze to meet his her own sorrow trailing down her cheeks.

She brushed the tears aside. "It was too late. My mind was shattered with the effort and I'd killed millions of my own people."

The words hung heavy between them. She closed her eyes her heart reaching for her brother, seeking comfort. She felt his hands on her shoulders and a sad smile crossed her face before she opened them again. Lifting her hands from the mug and rubbing her face. "Wayii," she muttered suddenly tired again.

"Its taken me a long time in the nether to find myself again. I do not want that for you, Malum."

"I have fought Kaine before, I had Darth Strosius at my side and we failed!" He raised his voice above the whisper, red eyes back to engaging her, hating how simply confident her words were, when he knew for a fact, that this would not simply be an uphill battle, but an upmountain battle. So what if he was but an apprentice back then, so what if Darth Xyrah had intervened?

It was a stupid act, of an apprentice and a knight, thinking they could break into his lair, and slay the monster.

To think that the Malsheem could simply be boarded and Dart- Kaine, could be killed.

It was a fallacy.

And no matter how powerful he had gotten since, killing the twice-failed emperor, the immortal tyrant, was as difficult as ever.

He remembered watching the battle between him and Darth Nwul.

How could they be so arrogant to believe they could fight him, that they could win, that they could kill him, without the most deadly assassin the Sith Order had ever seen? No matter how confident Mia was, Malum certainly wasn't.

Yet he said no more, for a name she mentioned had struck him paused.

Velok.

He blinked.

Then blinked again.

And for good fortune, blinked again.

What in the blazes did Lillian's protector have to do with this? Yet he took in each and every word, her tears made it difficult not to, as his own heart sang at the emotions spilling forth from her cheeks. He breathed out softly, altogether more convinced that he needed to create some distance between Lillian and her protector who seemed anything but, yet furthermore, pertinent to the present conversation, the point she was making was all too clear to him.

He took a few steps closer, reaching into his robes, and proffering yet another handkerchief, "Your point is noted..." He once again was gazing anywhere but at her, "...Yet, this is different, the method was not the fault, it was the patient's," His eyes glimmered as they shot back into focus, gazing upon Mia's, "It was no fault of yours, I do not even... that is not my implication..." The self-rationalisation, the desperation, the hope, it all coalesced around him, as orange embers began burning in his sight, "She does not wish me harm, she cannot, this form, this body, is as home to her now as much as it is mine," His breathing was growing heavy and quicker, "She desires my success, she desires the death of Kaine," She desired far more than that, they both knew it.

Yet his lips would not say them.

"I will not lose myself, Mia, I need you to believe me, where another would counter a ram with a ram," Darth Strosius' constant battle... so wasteful, "I will be precise, I will be careful, as sharp as a Shikkar blade," He found himself kneeling in front of the Mandalorian, not a show of submission, never that, he would not kneel to any others, but simply... a show of trust, as his eyes were engulfed in the orange flames, "Even now, I remain fully in control, can you not see that?"

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Mia's finger curled around the handkerchief, taking it from him gently, she wondered how many of these he actually had...and why he had so many, but the question faded from her mind as he spoke further, insulting her. Though not intentionally, his back peddling was so rapid it was almost laughable and she might have smile d had those embers not started to glow.

At what cost did Ophidia desire Malum's success? A t what cost did she desire Kaine's death? She'd already proved to be a master manipulator, she'd been playing them both since Malum came to meet her. How much was she playing him elsewhere? In the time between their meetings already the lines between the two personalities were blurred, shown only by the glow of orange in his eyes.

The same glow that he knelt before her with. Mia wanted to believe him, to trust his words, but the truth of it was that she didn't. She couldn't, not when his eyes were like that.

"Are you?" she asked quietly, her eyes searching his. "Because I can see Ophidia in your eyes and she's been playing games with both of us since you got here."

Frustration bubbled over the surface, why could she not trust him?

Why could she not see that he was clearly in control of himself?

The orange hue grew brighter.

After all that had been done and said in the last few hours, how dare she still mistake his intentions? If she had thought him compromised, why had she trusted him to provide her with the intelligence she needed for their war against Kaine, why had she trusted him enough to fall asleep in his presence, to carry her back to her ship?

The hundreds of other small, minor, instances of trust between them.

He was frowning his brows narrowing, as anger simmered beneath the surface, as the Force heard its call and swirled about him. Why could she not trust him?

He was...

They were still...

He was still...

They were themselves...

Suddenly he felt a shift within himself, one which he could not identify nor tell, simply knowing, something, something had changed.

All the while, the orange left his eyes, leaving the familiar red orbs that she had looked into time and time again.

"I am," He stated with an absolute certainty he did not entirely feel, as he felt something stir within his brain, "I know I am in command of myself. I know, who I am."

Who they were.

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom