Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better Dead than Crazy Red [Open to All]

Caira looked at the man oddly. He didn't give her a name. That puzzled her. It made her wonder what kind of people were doing this scavenger hunt. What kind of people were all gathering together. "How do I know that you won't just take our shared information and run off."
It took a lot for Caira to trust someone and she wasn't about to trust someone she had just met who wouldn't even tell her his name. "I guess I could use the help. I have no idea what I'm doing." She sighed cursing herself for her moment of weakness. She couldn't trust anyone, even those she thought she could trust she couldn't. Why was she caving and spilling her feelings out to this random nameless stranger.
"But I can figure it out on my own." She said out loud and started to turn around and walk away.

[member="Xephirus"] [member="Break"] [member="Harrip"] [member="Dashal Vance"] [member="Brevitæ"]

Deportation Public Transport
Storage Pantry
NEXT STOP ON
THE AMAZING RACE
chisst10.jpg
There was an issue of mobility that had become a rising concern for the slicer as he had already boarded three different transport ships illegally in the last eighteen hours that was beginning to gel in his brain. If he was going to jet-set around the Galaxy on this wild Bantha hunt, he was going to need more reliable means of transport. While he had no qualms with playing the hitchhiker, he realized quite quickly that it was nowhere near the most efficient form of travel that was presented. Credits were never an issue, but flying was. His skills were based on codes, databanks, and security. He knew next to nothing about the practical use of navpoint trajectory, hyperlane coordinates, or how to steer one of those blasted yokes. It wasn't a skill he'd invested himself into learning, and he still wasn't entirely sure he wanted to. Still the ability to move at will throughout the cosmos was something that beckoned him the further he went on this course.

"Override the control filter....pipe into the main line stream....access the nav-com.." Dash murmured to himself as he was bent over a removable floor tile in the transport's pantry bay, accessing a feed of cable that ran from the engine room to the uplink in the conductor's shuttle. His night goggles fixed into place while he slid a paper thin probe against the wire, using a slicing technique to siphon the feed from the actual cable into his tech gauntlet and capture the signal. It was a clone of the original, which kept the functions of the engine from just dead dropping them in the middle of space. That wouldn't do anyone any good. "Seriously....they have puff-cakes for the conductor and none for the public. Now that is a crime if ever I heard one." Dash commented with clear and righteous indignation. A few commands on his holo-emitted screen and he sliced into the P.A. system.

:: Attention guests, the galley will be taking first come first serve requests for complimentary puff-cakes. Please form an orderly line and we will fill them until the supply is diminished. Thank you for being a part of Transport call-sign Three-two-Jay-seven, now in route to....kssssshk :: Dash cut out the last part just to save face for his next act. The plan was two-fold; first it was to liberate the puff-cakes from the haughty and uptight conductors, and give it to the people where it belonged. He meant to upset the status quo, because the status is -not- quo when Puff-cakes are horded. Secondly, the soon to be riot for the pastry delights would distract the conductors and other staff on board from his next goal. Once the sounds of the passengers mad scramble started to vibrate the pantry floor, he quickly went to work assessing the next step of the issue.

"Where exactly are you taking us ol'Betty?" Yeah, he just named the shuttle. The call-sign wasn't happening for him, and Betty sounded far more comfortable a ride. It's called innuendo kids..ask your parents. "Seltos? Umm...nope. There's nothing remotely fun about that place, it's all work. Anything even remotely relaxing is all floating above. What are we chartering a slave ferry... I. Do. Not. Think. So." Dash said shaking his head as he punched in a new set of coordinates and applied the changes. The nav-point computers updated within seconds - and while the distracted security and conductors were attempting to reclaim the pastries and settle the cabin full of rioting passengers, Dash was closing up the panel and moving into the coat-check section. "It had to be another arctic tundra. Don't get me wrong mystery host, I can ice-board with the best of them on the mountains of Hoth..but at least there they have the courtesy to stock snowbunnies." His ramblings continued as if speaking to an unseen narrator that was holding the sway of this game in their palm. He picked out some heavy winter gear from the closet, for his trip to the Unknown Regions, and a city known for being just full of ice, cold, and miserable despair. There was a reason the red-eyed species vacated to all corners of the Galaxy. He would too if his planet was giant floating snow-globe.

Now that the schedule had changed seemingly ordered from their superiors, the route was followed blindly by the transit system officials and the transport took a hyperspace leap across the Galaxy to one of the most unattractive locations for most of the sentient condition. Unless you were a big game Wampa hunter, or a Taun Taun breeder - there was little to do on the Chiss homeworld. Dash however had read up enough on the planet to understand where he was going. An anxious grinning face was plastered over his visage as they neared their destination port, and he saw the city once they broke through the clouds, and arctic snowfall. Well at least they could see the tops of the formations of the city. A major capital on the surface, but beneath was where the real fun started. The entire culture was linked to this one spot by an underground series of tubes. Now where had he heard that term before?

[member="Brevitæ"] [member="Xephirus"] [member="Harrip"] [member="Break"] [member="Caira Zee"]

<Damn...I would find the one female with trust issues...*inner sigh* no matter old boy! just show some of your charm and she will come to trust you!>

Break nodded and smiled in a comforting fashion as he slowly started to mimic her body language. This was a common way to make people feel subconsciously at ease in this kind of situation. His uncanny ability to read another person was a gift few had and even fewer were able to even know he had it. but he could tell she was apprehensive to trust anyone and not just himself, this would be something he will have to work at.

"
Please forgive me, but...i just dont like sharing my name its...kinda weird I know but you cant trust everyone ya'know?"

he dropped his voice lower and into a more relaxed tone. Even letting his face relax from the constant fake smile he wore.

"Tell you what. Ill tell you all about myself if you agree to work with me. Does that sound fair? Ill even sweeten the deal and solve the next puzzle from this karking loony."

he slowly held out his hand in a manner the organics use to seal the deal known as a handshake.

[member="Dashal Vance"]
[member="Caira Zee"]
[member="Harrip"]
[member="Xephirus"]

Harrip had been figuring out the puzzle as best he could, but it was baffling. He felt the work burning his mind, it was too much for him at this point. He stood to take a break, his ears heard some others talking. They spoke of the puzzle, they must be some of the others trying to crack the code. He stepped up to them hoping that he could join forces with them.

He just walked up to them, wondering how they would respond. He couldn't speak, his heart was in his mouth. He just hoped that he could continue, for this was a most interesting chase and he looked forward to the conclusion.

[member="Break"]
[member="Dashal Vance"]
[member="Caira Zee"]
[member="Xephirus"]

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Act II
Stamp, stamp, stamp! The Lethan had used her time aboard the unhappy smuggler's freighter to carve out a message on the bottom of her right boot, with which she stepped into a pan of thruster lubricant as soon as she had been shoved out of his ship and into the hangar. Now, as she marched through the Chiss spaceport, she left behind a trail of another strange message with every other step. Surely no one could miss this one!

Zbz! Zpv nbef ju!

Jt zpvs loff PL? J lopx b gjtifsnbo.

Ju jt upp dpme po upq pg uif jdf.

Ep zpv mjlf nz tqfmmjoh? Tpnfujnft J sfbe gps fvqipsjb.

J ibwf ifbse uif Fyqfejujpobsz Mjcsbsz ibt b mpu pg hppe cpplt. Ep zpv lopx uif xbz up Bcsfhbep-sbf?

Ipx nboz dsfejut xpvme zpv hjwf nf up tjoh? Spbdift nblf joufsftujoh tpvoet jo uif cbtfnfou.

<tnjmfz gbdf>

As the last of the 'ink' on her boot imprinted itself onto the cold tiled floor, the red Twi'lek began to skip, drawing several incredulous glances from the other occupants of the space center as she neared the exit. Tubes! Tubes to a world beyond!

[[ New players may still join in at any time!
Current players, the posting order has been rearranged by die cast! Please follow this new order:
1. [member="Dashal Vance"]
2. [member="Xephirus"]
3. [member="Break"]
4. [member="Harrip"]
5. [member="Caira Zee"]
]]

Csilla
Space Port
Even as the craft landed the great Puffcake debacle still raged - leaving even the droids circuits occasionally sparking and messing with their inherent algorithms. Dash gave it about a standard hour before the entire lot of the refugee transport off of Coruscant realized that they were on an ice world. Of all the worlds in the Unknown Regions, you'd think the Chiss would have picked a more agreeable planet. What it lacked however in style, habitability, and general appearance - it attempted to make up for in boasting some of the finest connected cities in the Galaxy. Personally Dash was not convinced that it made up for the frigid climate, or the lack of snowbunnies, but other people might vary in their mileage. During the mass confusion, the slicer de-boarded and stepped into a lively version of a port hub, with it's clean durasteel floors, and a host of red-eyed blue skinned sentients that could of been one hell of a flash mob. It had already been imagined as the Hapan surveyed the crowd that milled about in their various directions. Restaurants beckoned with tasty meat like products that wafted from all directions, and the sounds of foot traffic created a thrumming off-tempo beat that he just couldn't place. One particular older Chiss caught his eye, and not because of the terrible coverall fashion error he was sporting. A bucket of water and a mop were his tools of the trade, and he was just in the middle of attempting to clean up some apparent vandalism.

"Hey there! Picture for my scrap-book? I'm calling it unsung heroes of the verse." Dash jogged over to the low-income janitor and flashed a dazzling smile. The Chiss' red eyes narrowed in contempt for a minute studying the boy. That disposition was bothersome, but he finally let out a shrug, and placed both hands on the curved pommel of the mop. A quick flash of a holo-cam mounted on his wrist was enough to temporarily blind the man while he flashed a few images of the stamped code on the floor. "I'll send ya a copy once its published. Thanks!" And like that, he was gone, having saved the data - and feeling a great pit of hunger wash over him, making his stomach grumble. It'd take quite sometime he wagered for the man to clean up that liquid that had been stamped purposefully as the next clue to this planet-hopping scavenger hunt. Whoever was turning these wheels still had the hyperactive multi-tasking slicer by the coat-tails, and he wasn't about to give up until he solved this galactic riddle.

The food court was something of a hodgepodge between the Coruscant Carnival and the local space-mall. It wasn't overly good, but it was priced to look like it. Dash didn't really care about credit prices though, as he wasn't technically buying anyway. One day he planned to give a footnote in his digital memoirs about all the folks who unwittingly donated to his good time. The list would be quite a long one, and filled with people who would probably want him to give a hefty reimbursement. Deep-fried Nerf on a stick, and a Corellian cider was taken to a single table while he started to work over the code that his mystery benefactor had left. This one was a little less immediate in it's meaning, until he started to get into the mindset of what this enigmatic party planner had in store. One step to the left, and he was putting the Basic together with relative ease. For now though, he figured he was ahead of the game, and would indulge in a bit of a snack break.

[member="Brevitæ"] [member="Xephirus"] [member="Break"] [member="Harrip"] [member="Caira Zee"]

Caira stared wearily at the person before her but decided that she probably should agree. She didn't actually care about his personal life and she still didn't trust him, but she knew she would never figure out the puzzle without someone else's help. Slowly she took the person's hand in a handshake.

"So, mr. No name I'm waiting for you to figure out this puzzle." Caira responded once they had ended the handshake.

She glanced around her surroundings taking note of the people walking by, not caring about what was going on around her. That had always comforted Caira somehow. People didn't need to care about her life. It was her life not anyone else's.

[member="Brevitæ"] [member="Dashal Vance"] [member="Break"] [member="Harrip"] [member="Xephirus"]

Harrip waited patiently, he felt as if he had been ignored or missed. It was normal and expected in this dark world, where there were many who walked about not wanting to be noticed. He was sure that just standing there would eventually get attention, as he hoped. It was strange, for once he was asking for attention rather than hiding from it. Maybe it was a turning point in his life, maybe at last he accepted his curse. But no, it was the want to finish a race. To complete this riddle and its course would be truly amazing. He hoped, oh he hoped that this would be a most interesting chase. Whoever left these clues had some intriguing codes, this particular one had him stumped. He could figure out parts of the message, but he could not figure out how. Hence he wished to join forces.

[member="Caira Zee"]
[member="Dashal Vance"]
[member="Brevitæ"]
[member="Break"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom