Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Betna Clan Cavalry
Intent: To give the Betna clan a unique feel and a different kind of unit
Affiliation: Betna clan, Mandalorians, Mandalorian Protectors
Availability: Rare
Quality: Veteran
Type: Mounted Cavalry
Strength:
  • Troop HQ - 7 (Commander, x2 NCOs, Scout, Comm Officer, x2 Troopers)
  • x3 Platoons (8 men per squad, 3 squads per platoon plus 8 man platoon HQ. 32 men per platoon, 96 men total)
  • Weapon Platoon (8 man HQ squad, x4 squads of 8 men [two squads light weapons, two squads heavy weapons]. 40 men total)
  • Total manpower strength: 210 men plus support staff.
  • Total animal strength: 210 mounts plus support staff
Description:

A clan known for their prowess as hunters and warriors, the Betna clan is also known for its skill with animals and mounts. As the fighting in the galaxy continues and the war and subsequent ceasefire with the Republic threatens to boil over, many of the warriors of the ever-growing Betna clan have begun to organize.

Trusting tried and true cavalry doctrines and relying on both their Mandalorian heritage and lifetime of training, the Betna clan warriors have organized into a small number of military units. Mounted on the new Napna Vornskrs bred from clan stables and armed with a menagerie of weapons ranging from Hyperion automatic weapons to personally obtained and owned equipment, these warriors are some of the best their clan has to offer.

The units are organized into three basic components. First, the unit command is comprised of the commander and a small number of NCOs, scouts, and other aides. Next, there are three platoons each numbering at 32 men consisting of individual squads and platoon HQs. Last, there is the weapon platoon consisting of two light weapon squads and two heavy weapon squads, each equipped with the best Mandal Hypernautics has to offer. All in all, the unit numbers 210 of the best warriors of the Betna Clan with support staff not far behind.

Links:

Napna Vornskrs
Beskar'gam
Personal weapons (melee)
Personal weapons (ranged)
4x Squad Automatic Weapons (two light weapon squads)
2x Support Automatic Weapons (two heavy weapon squads)

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
I do not, no. Canon weapons, canon mounts, canon armor, and some chaos canon squad and support weapons that are subbed and approved a while back. No beskar as far as the eye can see outsids of maybe a canon beskad or two and a heavy cavalry unit already subbed with no dev thread would give precedence I'd think. These guys are technically put together as light cavalry/regular cavalry according to the US organization methods found on Wikipedia, though I left out things like the kitchen platoon and baggage train details.

It's a B - Veteran unit. A & B Units require development threads. The submission you present for precedent, cannot be considered such. It was created before the quality ratings went into effect, and is grandfathered. Dev threads for B units and up, is what we've been asked to go by. And it's what I have been asking of submissions since those ratings went into play nine months ago.

So that said, a 10 post development thread is required for this submission.

[member="Arrbi Betna"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
First I've heard of having to do extra work for something this underpowered, but alright. Seems the Codex and the Factory have become different beasts of late.

I'll be tinkering with this submission today and starting the thread this evening. If I'm going to put work into the basics, may as well not make them basic anymore. I'll tag you when ready. It shouldn't take more than maybe... today or tomorrow.

Or alternatively you could lower the quality rating. I have no issue with that, if you want to do that. That I wouldn't request a dev thread on. Either way, up to you. Just keep me updated.

[member="Arrbi Betna"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
Traditionally, cavalry are recognized as highly trained and motivated. Even when the rifle was invented and the average person was able to join the ranks of the cavalry the units were expensive to maintain compared to infantry units and thus were considered heavy investments and expected to maintain much higher standards.

If the average stormtrooper is considered a C rating, the cavalry should be considered a B rating. Even undergunned as this submission was initially, a limited availability unit of highly trained/veteran cavalry armed with what amounts to squad and support machine guns as their heaviest armament shouldn't be something to put forth excessive effort into.

I'm not criticising your call on it, you're just following instructions/training. I'm simply questioning the point of such guidelines we all follow, but then again that's nothing new.

Anyways, I'll do the dev thread and edit the submission accordingly when done.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
Thread is started, should be finished tomorrow/thursday. Sorry, I forgot I had a meeting with a federal board over some IRL issues with my old job tomorrow. This weekend was mainly spent frantically rushing about trying to get affidavits and other such evidence gathered. Today was the first day I could actually get the thread up lol

No problem. I understand. Real life always comes first.

If you need longer than a day or two to finish the thread out, just keep me updated here or via pms and I'll see it doesn't get archived.

[member="Arrbi Betna"]

No problem. It'll be here waiting for you when you get a little more free.

Just PM the Codex Admin or an RPJ to have it retrieved from the archives.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom