Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Beth Cadera Scholarship Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=9pt]~~~~~~~~~~[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Intent[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: To create a unique piece of lore to be referenced and possibly used by characters in roleplay[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Image Credit[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Canon[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Links[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]CIS invasion of Taanab[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]GENERAL INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Media Name[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Beth Cadera Scholarship Announcement[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Format[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Hologram Recording[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Distribution[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Common[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Length[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Short[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Description[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: The announcement for the Beth Cadera Scholarship is a short holo recording of Taozi Fuyuan, dressed in her medical scrubs, speaking to the camera. She gives a brief history of why she created this scholarship, how it will be funded, and how a medical student will be able to apply for the scholarship.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]SOCIAL INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Author[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Taozi Fuyuan[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Publisher[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Self published[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Reception[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: The announcement was received quite well by those within the sphere of protection by the United Clans of Mandalore, particularly those who knew Beth Cadera personally. The reactions of those outside of Mandalorian space, however, are currently unknown.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]FORMAT INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]The Beth Cadera Scholarship Announcement is a basic holo-recording of Taozi Fuyuan speaking. No extra procedures were involved in creating it, though a separate purely audio version has been created for those without access to appropriate technology to play holo-recordings.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]EVENTS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]CONTENT INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]::Taozi Fuyuan, dressed in medical scrubs, faces the camera. Clearing her throat, the doctor takes a deep breath before speaking::[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“Firstly, I want to say thank you to whoever is watching for deciding to watch this recording. I am Doctor Taozi Fuyuan Tal, Alor of Clan Tal. This is something that has been on my mind since the invasion of Taanab… When the Confederacy of Independent Systems saw fit to attack Taanab, then under the protection of the United Clans of Mandalore, Beth Cadera was under my care in my hospital. She was the daughter of Yasha Cadera, known as Mand’alor the Infernal before she stepped down from the position…”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]::The doctor pauses, and clasps her hands together as if in thought::[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“During the battle in Pandath City, the heavily pregnant Beth Cadera went into labor with her twins, Esmerelda and Nim. While the twins survived, the stress of the attack, her lover Cleru’s fate unknown at the time, and the physical stress of childbirth ended with Beth’s untimely death. Beth Cadera was a beautiful young woman, a skilled medic, beloved by all who knew her, and her death has affected many among the Clans. I do not blame the Confederates for her death, only my failure as a medical professional. My only solace is that she was able to hold her children before her vitals dropped... She was twenty one.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]::She takes a shaky breath, and wipes one of her cheeks with a hand. Her voice has started to shake::[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“This is why I have started the Beth Cadera Scholarship, in hopes of continuing her legacy in the medical field in her memory. This scholarship will be available for application by all medical students, specifically freshmen, in the galaxy, regardless of their faction loyalty. Confederate, Imperial, Sith, anyone. All future medical practitioners deserve a fair chance at a good education, so that they may be a better doctor than I was for Beth Cadera.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]::The doctor’s body trembles, and she desperately holds back sobs, attempting to take deep breaths::[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“The base amount for this scholarship will be 500,000 credits from my own account. Any excess amount will be acquired through donations, and as such the amount of the scholarship will vary from year to year. The total amount of the scholarship will be split between ten medical freshman each year, with each receiving a minimum of 50,000 credits towards their tuition, or other school expenses.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]::Her expression is full of guilt, and sorrow. It is clear that the events surrounding this scholarship weigh heavily on the doctor::[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“To apply for this scholarship, I ask that one write an essay about a medical practitioner that has inspired you. Tell me about who they are, what they do, how they inspire you, and what about them made you want to enter the medical field. There will be no required minimum or maximum length, and I will read all submitted essays personally so keep this in mind. There will be a dedicated holo-site where you can submit your essays that you’ll be able to find either through a holonet search, or on the holo-site for the Clan Tal Medical and Research Hospital on Taanab.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]::A small, barely noticeable, yet sorrowful smile appears on the doctor’s face::[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“Again, I thank you for watching this, and I look forward to reading the essays submitted.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]::End of holo-recording::[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HISTORICAL INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]After the events of the Confederacy’s attack on Taanab, the guilt and failure of not being able to protect her home from Mandalore’s enemies weighed heavily on Taozi Fuyuan. The most prominent of them being the death of Beth Cadera, and in the doctor’s grief came the idea for this memorial scholarship for the deceased medic. Once she had completed all preparations, she set about making this announcement. Once the recording was completed, it was uploaded to the holo-net publicly, so that all in the galaxy would be able to see it.[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom