Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bet on Red

Worlport, Ord Mantell. The kind of place you could lose your money, or your head. Losing both was also a distinct possibility. Although, not for Rinoi. He wasn't worried in the slightest. Years of Imperial education, military service, and being trained as a Jedi Knight will do that.

He betrayed no sense of confidence as he walked through the capital city's crowds. "Lots of Imperial faces," Rinoi observed with a smile. The irony of that statement was not lost on him and his own, by origin, imperial face.

"I know what you mean. They've been making it hard to do business. Harder than usual anyway." His guide, a real slimy Rodian named Jett, replied.

"That's why you fixed this meeting, Jett? Make things hard for the Imps, same way they're making things hard for you?" Rin asked rhetorically. He knew the answer, or at least he thought he did.

"Something like that, Rin. Imperials are pushing the people. The people are pushing back. My organization is on the side of free enterprise and in a city like this, that means you back the people."

"Understood." He confirmed as they passed an Imperial security checkpoint. There weren't many in the city, but the ones running were strategically placed to pick off new arrivals. Whether they be enemies of the Empire, bail jumpers, or just a few runaway kids, the New Imperial Order did their duty to police their territory. The locals didn't take kindly to that kind of thing.

"Alright, People. Identicards out. We'll scan 'em and you can be on your way." One of the stormtroopers ordered. He was met with grumbles and cursing whispers from the locals. "Identicards out!" Shouted another, unhappy with what he perceived as disrespect.

"C'mon Rin. Let's keep going."

"One minute. I wanna' see this."

Rinoi stopped in his tracks to observe, study the climate, and if it got dicey maybe intervene on behalf of the people but probably not. After all, he was alone and his mission currently called for reconnaissance, not combat.

"Identicards out!"

What kind of devilry was this? First planet she'd ever landed on that needed this much fuss. Sure, there were customs checks and the occasional search everywhere else she'd flown to. Always on the lookout for your smugglers, your terrorists, your general malcontents... but this whole checkpoint business seemed like quite the overreach.

It hadn't occurred to Alysanne that she'd travelled into Imperial territory until she saw the troopers in their white armour. Images from the Holonet flashed through her head. Blasters firing, worried reporters talking, chyrons that read NIO: RUMOURED PURGES UNDERWAY. Back then, she'd thought it was boring news that'd never affect her.

Why'd my ship need repairs now of all times?

Moving slowly with the queue, Alysanne wondered who she'd have to speak to. Whether she'd be allowed to even get into... where the hell was she? Worlport? Where even was that? Stupid aftermarket hyperdrive. When she found her ship guy, she was gonna wring his thick, Ithorian neck hard. Somehow, she needed to get that part without flashing an ID. She doubted the troopers would appreciate her worn, half-bent Galactic Alliance ident that'd been expired for half a year.

"Identicard," the trooper demanded. Alysanne smiled up at him. Or her. That plasteel didn't reveal much.

"Listen, I just need a part for my ship, then I can go. Emergency landing, you know how it is," she said, trying it on. "C'mon."

"Identicard. I won't ask again."

"I'm quite literally going to walk around the corner, buy a ship part and then leave. Do I really need to submit to this stupidity?" she huffed... which was not the right reaction. The trooper raised his blaster, aiming it right at her. She shoved her hands up in an instant, taking a step back. Idiot. She should've reached for her own blaster, though that'd probably get her killed.

"Identicard. NOW."

"Why don't you make me-" was all she managed to get out before the butt of the rifle smacked into her stomach. She bent forwards, gasping as she sank to her knees. Her ident, datapad and chit fell from her pocket, spreading on the floor. The Alliance ID blazing bright blue in the middle of the checkpoint.

"Take the girl away," the trooper ordered, as two more of them strode over, clanking in the white plastic. All as Alysanne looked around, desperate for a little help from the assorted others. But solidarity seemed to be in short supply, especially against armed troopers. They hoisted her up, lifting her by her arms.

"Get OFF me, bootlicker!" she hissed, trying to wrench herself out of their grip. Seemed like trying to schmooze her way through a checkpoint was a bad idea.

Rinoi Ssiv Rinoi Ssiv

Alright. That's enough watching. Rinoi thought to himself as the stormtrooper slammed his rifle into the girl's gut. Speed walking over, the Jedi Knight got his game plan together. There were five troopers on foot and two in a nearby transport vehicle. He could've gone in with his lightsaber drawn and made short work of the blaster armed imperials, but that would've jeopardized the Rebel's plan for Ord Mantell. Instead, he listened close to the girl's accent.

"Don't go over there. We got a meeting. Ahhh- C'mon." Jett said, throwing his hands up in the air. Rinoi was already too far away to hear him. He had a knack for annoying Jett, and Jett had a knack for being annoyed. Although, that's how it always was with them. "I guess I'll be meeting you there." The rodian walked off in a huff.

"Excuse me. Pardon me. That a blaster in your pocket? Hope so." Rinoi squeezed his way through the crowd before clearing his throat. "Time for the show." He whispered to himself as he mimicked the girl's accent.

"Trooper! Unhand my dear sister, and that is an order!" He said finger wagging in the air.

"Order?" One of them questioned as the rest shared questioning looks obscured by their helmets.

"Yes. Order. Are you daft or dim? Have you heard the word before or should I tell the Admiral you need to be sent back to the Imperial Academy?" He played haughty well and paired with the girl's posh accent, he reminded himself of several Imperial officers he'd known in the past. The stormtroopers paused with just the right amount of confusion. Confusion was good. Rinoi could take advantage of it. He winked at the girl as if to say go along with it.

"Excuse me, Gentlemen. I can see you're confused. So I will simplify this for you. I, Commodore Liff, will be taking my sister, conducting our business, and then leaving this dreadful planet to meet with Admiral Ssiv on Bastion. If you'd like to stop me, you can be demoted now and again when I reach Bastion. Any questions?" The silence of a threat taken seriously followed.

"Troopers, You will return my sister to me." With a wave of his hand, his words echoed in the force.

"We will return your sister to you." In a force induced fugue, the stormtroopers did as ordered. They led her to Rinoi and released their grip from her.

"Trooper, her personal effects." He ordered with another wave of his hand.

The stormtrooper gathered her datapad, chit, and Galactic Alliance identicard. "Her personal effects." He held it out for Rinoi to take, and as the Jedi Knight grabbed them- "Galactic Alliance? Hey! Wait a minute!"

The jig was up. Rinoi pushed the stormtrooper to the ground, turned to the girl and shouted. "Run!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom