Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bes'urhbir || Iron Hog Multipurpose Assault Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
252046125.jpg

Image Source: Starcraft 2 Warhound Unit
Intent: A multi-purpose and versatile vehicle that can be used in almost all sorts of battles.

Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Varad Astronautics
Model: Bes'urhbir

Affiliation: Clan Varad; Mandalorians can acquire via RP thread.

Modularity: Yes

• Armament

Production: Semi-Unique (Only A Handful of Characters); Due to low tier company and capabilities that should be the most legit production level.

Material: Mandalorian Steel, Agrinium, Thermal Tekonite Alloy, Polarizing Field Insulation

Role: Multi-purpose; Predominantly boarding.

Height: 7 meters

Length: 3 meters

Width: 2.70 m

Weight: 7 tons

Minimum Crew: 1

Optimal Crew: 1

Propulsion: Repulsorlift / Bi-pedal / Ion Engine propulsion on it's back for boarding trips.

Top Speed: Top speed would be 60 MGLT/hr; That would be around 700 km/h atmospheric level ( I think ) in Space. On surface as a bi-pedal that would be around 10km/h. With Ion Engine boost it could go to 15 km/h.

Armaments:

Squadron Count: N/A

Passenger Capacity: 2 excluding the pilot

Cargo Capacity: 2m2 - can be used to increase passenger capacity with 2 more people while sacrificing equipment supplies to a lower amount.

Misc. Equipment:

Strengths:

• Withstands punishment: A good material choice in its construction and heavy plating makes the Bes'urhbir is a strong bulwark compared to many other walkers and can withstand a good amount of damage. It answers to its name - Iron Hog.

• EMP/Ion Resistance: The polarization field insulation ensures that the Bes'urhbir has a high level of resistance against EMP and Ion attacks.
Weaknesses:

• Walker: Although it does make big steps and uses support from its engines if additional speed is needed in moving, it still remains a walker that have always had the flaw in their designs of being slow. Even in space, it does not possess the speed one would want from a boarding vehicle.

• Bulky: Being bulky is not only a flaw in tight quarters which could be often found in starships but it usually makes it an easier target for enemies. It also attracts more attention. Add the weakness mentioned above and you can make the conclusion that this walker relies mainly on its high quality defence to survive, along with a dose of good vehicular piloting skills from the operator.

• Flawed ultimate defense move: Described in the description, when the Iron Hog goes ultimate defense, it still is vulnerable from the back as usually due to the shields covering the front.

Description: Mandalorians have always looked to create versatile and convenient armament whether that would be a knife or a cruiser. The Bes'urhbir is no different.

A multi-purpose walker that could be utilized both for what it is mainly used by Clan Varad - boarding actions but also as a typical walker on the field supporting infantry.

A lot about the design speaks about the heavy influence of Mandalorian culture and even the utilization of other Mandalorian tools for warfare such as the Meshurkaan boarding craft. Other influences that have helped the creation of the Bes'urhbir are, of course, cultural and more specifically the notorious Bes'uliik. Its protective shields that are located on the Bes'urhbir's elbows and knees are influenced by ancient primitive means of warfare and also of the recently seen utilized by clan Ordo cohorts - the Aliit'ordo Litnr.

As for functions, the Bes'urhbir answers to its name - Iron Hog. A hard, durable and sturdy vehicle capable of withstanding heavy damage thanks to the materials utilized for its hulls and plating. More notably, the infamous Mandalorian Steel. Agrinium and thermal tekonite alloy serve as a mesh, while polarizing field insulation is there to grant a very high level of EMP/Ion resistance to the Bes'urhbir.

Its armament is designed for one sole purpose - lay waste. Field disruptors to bypass energy shields and shockwave generators to tear up the hull for the Bes'urhbir to enter the starship.

Usually due to the walkers not being very fast in space and with no shields making them easy to pick off if one focused upon, Mandalorians would usually utilize them separately to reduce the chance of all being swiped away. Some strategies consider more cautious options such as bringing the carrier vessel of the Bes'urhbir close enough to the targeted vessel for boarding.

The modularity that comes for the Bes'urhbir regards only its armaments. They can easily be de-attached and new ones attached, depending on the type of operation and enemy they are facing or even the personal preferences of the pilot.

The Bes'urhbir's ultimate defense comes when the walker crouches and puts his shields up, both the kneepads and elbow shields when put forward cover completely the walker but only from the front, the back still remains vulnerable and while taking that position, the only weapons that are able to be fired during that time would be the missile launchers and the shatter beam canon on top.

Primary Source:
Credit goes to all authors! Indirectly, they have all provided for me a foundation to use my creativity upon.
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/60203-meshurkaan-boarding-craft/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/91257-aliitordo-litnr
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/22183-cin-besuliik/

[member="Aera Varad"]

Okay few things, Speed needs to be dropped and honestly a "walker" in star wars sense wouldn't be boarding any ships. I can see that's where Lily was nailing it for a Gundam. Probably can rework it, but the ship boarding may be something that needs to be slowly developed in a series. I'm interested to see what you come up with to make this less "mech" like. Tag me when done, if its going to take longer just let me know and i'll archive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom