Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bessteel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

Intent: To create a durable substitute for Beskar, that retains some strengths for an affordable price.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/19836-caught-in-the-act-beskar-mining/
Manufacturer: J.A.C
Model: Bessteel
Affiliation: J.A.C/@Northstar
Production: Mass
Material: Beskar/Steel
Description:
DUE TO LIGHTSABER RESISTANCE IT WILL REQUIRE A PURCHASE THREAD OF SUBSTANCE

Beskar is an incredibly rare element, found in only a handful of places cosmos wide. Steel on the other hand, not so much. So among J.A.C's new line of metallurgy comes Bessteel, which is crafted with 1/4 pound Beskar for every 3/4 pound of Steel - allowing an increased strength and resistance, while also making for a heavy replacement. The best uses for Bessteel lie in:

Gauntlets/Leg Bracers - Generally due to the way gauntlets/bracers are crafted, being a solid cylindrical shaft of metal, Bessteel is utilized best in this region. It is well capable of batting away blaster fire, lightsabers and energy weapons alike for a sustained rate of 3 solid blows, requiring hefty amounts of heat energy to burn clean through. As well, for those that fear an under arm damaging strike, there is always a cross plate you could combine to cover but would still retain multiple weak points.

Torso Armor - Depending on crafting decisions, it can be made thicker or thinner, however if over a certain thickness it begins to become far to heavy. Connecting points for plates become a weakness, for if Bessteel would be used along lines it could cause over weight resulting in broken seams. But when crafted specifically by Northstar, this tends to be avoided.

Helmets - As aforementioned, the material is rather heavy, so while it can be used for Helmets it is regarded as imbecilic to do so. Some could sustain the weight, being of bigger stock among other things, but as a whole most species would find the bulk unbearable against their necks.

Durability:
Energy - 6
Physical - 8

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Northstar"]
Alright. I like the idea as it's both innovative and unorthodox. That said, Beskar alloys are already canon, though the wookieepedia entry doesn't go into detail. Because of that lack of clarification from the Mando Iron article, the metallurgy is complex, and a the nature of Beskar, this is what I'm going to ask for:

1) I know you have a dev thread running, go ahead and finish it, please.
2) I realize you have a mining thread going to get Beskar, but I also want a thread to develop the metallurgy to develop the metal alloy. If that's going to be addressed in the current Dev thread, I'd like to see the thread get a very good length and go very in depth on how to do it because, as far as I know, we don't have any Mandalorian Smiths on the board. If we do and I just don't know it, go find him/her and get them involved, please.
3) This sort of tech would be very restricted despite a "watered down" alloy. Please change the mass production to limited production. Depending on how things go with the edits and dev threads, I'll consider a minor production, but that depends on how things go.
4) Heaviness in a beskar alloy is understandable, but at a 1:4 ratio, it wouldn't be that heavy. It would actually be lighter as steel is lighter than the iron itself. In fact, they have to put carbon into the iron to make it lighter in the forging process. I'd suggest editing that please.
5) I'd like to see more of a description in this sub on how the metals are combined and more detail on what the armor is capable of.
6) I'd also like to see a definitive list of what the armor can and can't be used for. I see you have it for armor, but can it be used for ships, starfighters, items, etc. If it can be used or not for those things, please include it.

Make these edits and @ me and we'll go from there.

Matreya

Hey man just archive this. I kind of fell back on it. I'll bring it back in the future when I can get the crafting done @[member="Popo"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom