Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beskar'gam be te Gotabor [Arrbi Betna, Ordo]

At first, She'd thought that [member="Arrbi Betna"] was going to help [member="Ordo"] with the forging when she saw him pick up a few of the metal ingots. And then he started to toss them up in the air hand over hand. He was juggling. Laughing slightly, she nodded. "Aye. We need to forge the plates. As for the armored bodyglove, I can use t he fabrication facilities over at Mandal Hypernautics to make it and the electronics." She sighed and set her datapad down for a moment so she could study the schematic. "I never thought I would see the day where I'm designing my own beskar'gam..." she whispered.

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

Ordo shook his head and tossed a spanner at the juggling mando as he took some more ingots to the forge. He had been doing this for a long time now. He was good. He coukd even get most colors from the metal just during the forging process. His grey-green eyes framed by forming wrinkles and scars of forgotten wars watched as he began to heat the forge and place the ingots inside. There were advanced ways to forge metals but Ordo prefered the old ways. Using coals from veshok trees and Mandalorian coal mined in the south to heat the beskar.

He watched as the ingots began to soften and melt then using his tools he skimmed the dross of the top and repeated until it was pure. He would do the same with the other metal before he would start making the alloy. It took time and deserved time. Armor was more than protection for a mando. It was a symbol an extension of the heart and soul of a warrior. Other mandos when they saw it knew who you were, what you stood for. There was nothing that showed the unbending spirit of the sons and daughters of the manda like a suit of custom Beskar'gam. Ordo was proud to be a part of the process for so many and especially his daughter.

Smiling to herself, Anija moved over next to [member="Ordo"] for a moment, and propped a datapad out of the way of the forge, but still close enough that he would be able to see the layout and shape of the beskar/durasteel plates. Then, she wandered back over and poked [member="Arrbi Betna"] in the ribs... hoping he didn't drop an ingot on his foot in the process. The thought made her chuckled a bit, and she wandered back over to the table with her datapad. Sitting down, she began typing commands.It took several minutes, but she then had the schematics bundles and ready to send. She'd sent schematics back and forth to Mandal Hypernautics labs all the time, but never for a project such as this. She knew they had the equipment necessary. As such, she bundled it and sent it to her terminal in the labs. She'd have to head over later and start the bodyglove and wiring in the fabrication equipment.

Betna caught the spanner from Ordo and began juggling it, too. A few more passes of the flying ingots and the spanner went on, and then Anija poked him in the ribs. To his credit, he managed to not drop an ingot, much less on his foot. He did, however, lose track of the spanner. His second of concern on where the spanner ended up, however, dissipated a moment later when said spanner landed on his head with a loud whump.

Seeing stars for a moment, Betna kept the ingots in the air and caught them one by one. He then set them in a stack on the forge next to Ordo and then picked up the spanner, setting it down as well. Once everything was in place, Betna then clutched two hands to the top of his head where the spanner hit and hissed through his teeth slightly for a moment. It wasn't the worst head injury he'd had, but it was one of the few that he'd had without a helmet.

"Okay, so, no more juggling for me today," he joked, his hands still clutching the sore spot on his head.

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Ordo"]

Laughing slightly at [member="Arrbi Betna"], Anija moved over to hug him for a moment as shehanded him some ice and peeked over [member="Ordo"]'s shoulder. She'd seen him forge beskar'gam before. But this... this was hers. She reached over and adjusted the datapad a bit more so he could see the schematic better. And then she just sat and watched him work for a few minutes. And she began to understand why he enjoyed it so much. It was very much like how she took to her engineering work. After perhaps 20 minutes, she sighed. "Buir, is there anything I can do to help?"

Ordo skimmedthe dross off the melted beskar as Anija spoke.

"Those molds would be helpful Ad'ika." He said as he began tossing the metals for the alloy onto the coals.

Soon they too began to melt and he worked on combining the metals to make the alloy. He should have listened to old Edric and stayed at the forge and not ran about fighting wars for Aruetise. It made him happier.

[member="Ordo"] | [member="Arrbi Betna"]

She was still chuckling at Arrbi's antics when Ordo asked for the molds. Turning round, Anija picked up the stack of molds that she'd fabricated and set them on the table next to the forge. She had to admit that Mandal Hypernautics had some rather nice forging equipment - one of the perks of working for them. Mythosaur Munitions did as well. As she passed him the molds, she leaned in to give him a one-armed hug - and trying not to disrupt his work. "Vor'e, buir..." she whispered softly in his ear.

Having done so, she stood up again and glanced to Arrbi. "I'm heading back over to Mandal Hypernautics labs to finish the fabrication on my body glove and other small electronics. I've had most of it running through the fabrication machine. So hopefully, I should be able to just bring back whatever came out." She grinned at the thought and leaned in to kiss him lightly before slipping her helmet back on and slipping out the door.

Fortunately, the trip to the main Hypernautics lab wasn't all that far. Stopping to grab a fresh cup of behot as she stepped inside, Anija sipped at it as she made her way towards the fabrication machine. As she had hoped, the schematics and specifications she'd loaded to the machine by way of her datapad - which was still hooked up - had indeed made their way through the machine. With ANNE's help, and Arrbi's, she'd gotten as accurate of measurements as she could. The result was quite amazing, really.

Carefully, she gathered up the body glove and placed in into a box. On top of this, she placed the various electronic components and the bundles of wiring. With all of the bits and pieces gathered, Anija hefted the box and made her way back towards the speeder. The trip back to Mythosaur Munitions workshop. Pulling to a stop in the rear parking area, Anija hopped out and grabbed her box of supplies before lugging it inside.

Once there, she paused to let her eyes adjust from the midday sun to the relative dimness of the workshop. Ordo was still working away at the forge, and Betna leaned against the edge of the table. Adding her box to the table next to his, she hopped up on the edge of it, and looped her arm around jis waist before calling to Ordo. "Got the rest of the supplies, Buir..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom