Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beskar'gam be te Gotabor [Arrbi Betna, Ordo]

Keldabe, Mandalore
Mythosaur Munitions Workshop
0900 hours local

Anija was... tired. She hadn't really slept much the past couple weeks. With Larraq gone, she'd taken the helm at Mandal Hypernautics. At least for the foreseeable future. And it wasn't an easy task. Dar'yaim, she'd only been working for him for maybe a months before he just... vanished. And when she'd discovered he had, she'd gone looking. She'd found no immediate trace of him, except for a note left on a datapad on his desk. It instructed her to take charge of the company until such time as he returned.

And yet, here she sat in the workshop at Mythosaur Munitions. A cup of behot sat cooling at her elbow, but there was more in the pot that had come from. That however, was the least of her concerns right now. Instead, her attention was focused on the datapad on the table in front of her. Or rather, the hologram that floated above it. This, she studied intently and periodically made adjustments to using a stylus.

The hologram in question was of a set of beskar'gam, and various datapoints floated around the image, connected to different parts of the armor by glowing lines. These, when clicked on with the stylus would expand to provide technical specifications for various systems installed there, or alloy percentage calculations due to heat consideration. As engrossed as she was, she didn't even notice [member="Arrbi Betna"] enter the workshop at first.
[member="Ordo"]

Reenter, was more likely the term. The shop was his, though it was technically under the umbrella of Mandal Hypernautics. At least in part. Funding and advertising mostly.

Betna wore just a tunic and breeches with boots, for now at least. He preferred working in full armor, just in case something went off he was protected. He set a box down on the table and slid into the chair next to [member="Anija Ordo"] at the table.

"Whacha got there, cyar'ika?" He asked with a yawn.

[member="Arrbi Betna"]

She looked up at him, somewhat startled as she saw him sitting there. And then she laughed slightly. "Oh, just my beskar'gam design. I'm still tweaking it a bit here and there." She pushed the datapad over so it was between them and began pointing out the various components. The hologram itself was little more than a wireframe model at the moment, but it got the idea across.

"So you're setting up armor for what you mentioned before. Engineering stuff," Betna said with another yawn. He snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her close into a sort of one armed hug.

"You got the helmet systems settled?"

"Yeah..." she said softly, leaning on his shoulder as she pointed out a few more things. "I've gotten most of the basic stuff settled. It's primarily for engineering work, but I wanted to make it usable in combat as well." She sighed slightly and rubbed at her forehead for a moment. "I have the HUD and things installed, but it feels like something is missing. I mean kriff, I'm a good engineer, but even I kriff up calculations. So I think maybe a Class 1 droid brain. Not sure what else to add to it, really.."

After a moment, she switched to another hologram, this of a slowly spinning blade. A beskad. It still had the same general lines as any Mandalorian would recognize. But this one was much simpler. It lacked a crossgaurd. "Think you could help me make both of them...?" She then swapped back to the hologram of the beskar'gam. "I've added a lot of the standard items in as well. Grappling hook, flamethrower. Wrist rockets. And a lot of the standard helmet systems."

[member="Arrbi Betna"]

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Anija Ordo"]

"Did you add a straw?" Ordo said walking in on the conversation holding a cup of steaming caf, "hard to drink with a Buy'ce on your brain housing group, and easy to lose you head if you take it off."

Ordo walked over and began looking around for blueprints. He had made several custom sets of armor he always added a straw and a waste recycler. Bear pits in combat were not a friend.

[member="Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

Anija grinned, and then wanted to smack herself in the forehead. "I... forgot those, actually. I can add them in easily enough.." Frowning, she turned back to the hologram and flipped the stylus around in her fingers before she began manipulating the hologram. With a simple flick of the stylus, she zoomed in on the head portion. She then studied the expanded hologram as she considered the best place to locate the straw and how to route water from the reservoir. The water reservoir itself, she located beneath the lower portion of the backplate, with insulated tubing running under the surface of her body glove. In this manner, she could also circulate the water to help cool or heat the armor as needed. To the torso, she added a waste recycling system. This was not intended for long-term use, but would function well for use of two to six hours.

"Yeah, straws and somewhere to do your business might be a good idea," Betna said with a grin. "Otherwise you've got all the essentials. The droid brain, though, that might be hard to get a hold of. Unless [member="Ordo"] has some?"

Betna looked at the older man with a grin. Ordo knew what was in the box, as did Betna. He'd used MandalTech assets to make it, after all. With Ordo's approval, of course.

[member="Anija Ordo"]

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

Ordo grinned and let out a small chuckle. Ordo gave a look at the box then the young man.

"I may have a few things laying around." Ordo said, "but then if I didn't I would know where to look for one."

Ordo continued looking over the schematics and the systems that were to be installed. It was a shabbla fine design to say the very least. He knew how she felt about deserving her armor and he knew she would question that a time or two but this armor suited her better than anything he could make.

"You really are amazing ad'ika." Ordo said looking at the work she had put in, "Don't forget that." Ordo turned to Betna "well ad'ika what do you think? Can we make it work or not?"

"Oh, of course," Betna said with a grin. "The only thing that it really needs is... well, something to tie it all together, maybe? A sort of link between the whole suit."

Betna theatrically put a hand to his chin, as if in deep thought. He tapped a finger against his jaw a moment or two as he looked back and forth between Anija and Ordo.

"What could we use to do that though? Any ideas?"

[member="Ordo"] [member="Anija Ordo"]

Anija looked over at him, and then to Ordo. Her eyes narrowed. That was definitely something to consider, and it seemed like [member="Arrbi Betna"] might have an idea stuffed up his sleeve. "Well, the droid brain will definitely help with calculations.... But is there some sort of advanced processor we could install?"

There was a moment or two of silence as she thought some more. Whatever was going on, [member="Ordo"] seemed to be in on it. And then what Ordo had said sunk in. She reached over and gripped Ordo's arm for a moment. "Vor'entye, buir..."

[member="Anija Ordo"]

"No worries, ad'ika." Ordo said with a smile and a nod.

He stood and looked at her plans again and nodded to himself. He had not really taught her as much as he would have liked but she was a fine engineer, a good mandalorian, and a great daughter. Ordo took another sip of his caf and did some mental calculations checking her numbers and dimensions. He had been making armor for sometime, and he was taught by Old Edric Ay'bara, the vod that made the clan skin that was so common, before he passed away. Everything was looking in fine order to say the very least, and to be honest it looked like she would surpass him long before he was old and grey.

"Well, it won't put itself together, what do you need me to do?"

Anija grinned at [member="Ordo"], having caught the general line of his thoughts just then. "Well, I think I have the calculations figured out. Do you think you could help with the smithing of the metal?"

She eyed [member="Arrbi Betna"] again and poked him in the shoulder. "I was thinking an alloy of Durasteel and Beskar. Mostly because Beskar is so kriffing expensive." She reached over and lifted her mug of behot, taking a sip. She grimaced slightly at the cold temperature of the liquid.

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Ordo"]

"Yeah, Beskar isn't cheap," Arrbi said with a nod. "An alloy would keep most of the strength, but reduce cost. And weight."

Betna thought about it for a moment more and snagged the box up in his hands.

"Well, since no one's guessing what's in the box," he said with a crooked grin as he held it out to Anija. "Go ahead and open it. I bummed some of Ordo's people to help me out with it. Made especially for your project, cyar'ika."

That got her attention. With a grin, she punched him lightly in the arm and reached for the box. Perhaps a bit too eagerly.. .but she didn't care. Cautiously, she pulled the top off of it. It was a sturdy wooden one... not one of the paperboard ones that would disintegrate when wet. With a speculative glance at Arrbi she looked over at [member="Ordo"] as well. Inside the box, she found several electronic components and what looked to be yards upon yards of wiring. "Is that a droid brain?" she asked. It certainly looked to be one. But, knowing [member="Arrbi Betna"], it was probably much more than that.

"Not quite," Betna said with a grin. "That is an Advanced Neural Network with an engineering specialization. ANNE for short. It's installed into your armor to take advantage of all of your tools and such. It'll help you out with your engineering projects, calculations, and other stuff. I gotta warn you, though, she's a little... Fiesty."

[member="Anija Ordo"]

[member="Arrbi Betna"]

"She...?" Anija asked, an eyebrow arched in his direction. Her gaze slid to [member="Ordo"] for a moment and she grinned. "Well, this is about to get... interesting..." She peeked into the box for a moment studying the mass of wiring under the droid brain. "I think we can get that installed after we manufacture the plates...." She paused. "We should have enough beskar and durasteel on hand in those secure storage lockers, and we can always mine more for our other projects later."

She hefted the droid brain for a moment and studied it before setting it carefully on the worktable next to her datapad. Then she downed what remained of her behot and set the mug down before moving towards the storage lockers. The wiring itself wouldn't take long to fabricate. It was the armor itself and the programming and gadgets.

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

Ordo took a seat and sat down his caf before he started getting to work. He knew armor like zeltrons knew debauchery, he could do it in his sleep. He removed his tools from his tool kit and started the work of prepping the systems for integration with the droid brain.

"feisty?" Ordo said not looking at either, "Doesn't sound like -anyone- I know."

He continued to work as Anija took care of the droid brain. It was an armor that suited her and he was glad to see it. He looked forward to a day when maybe they wouldn't need to fight anymore but he doubted it would come in his lifetime.

As she walked away, she caught [member="Ordo"] 's comment and laughed. "I only am because I learned from you, buir..." she replied as she came back to the table, holding a stack of beskar ingots. They were heavy, and she stumbled slightly as she set her burden down on the side of the forge worktable. She then turned back to the lockers and grabbed several ingots of durasteel and set them next to the beskar. She hoped that would be enough.

With that done, she then sat down and picked up her datapad and studied it for a moment as she considered how to integrate the droid brain. Tapping out a few commands on her datapad, the hologram of the armor rotated and expanded a bit; the helmet section becoming almost life-size as she studied it and let it spin slowly in front of her for a moment. There was relative silence in the room as she frowned and did some mental calculations; the silence only broken by the soft sounds of her datapad as she interacted with it, and of Ordo working away next to her.

With her free hand, she slid her fingers into those of [member="Arrbi Betna"] for a moment, giving them a gentle squeeze before she set the stylus down and turned to kiss him deeply. "Vor'entye..." she whispered in his ear. "I think it will work out kandosii'la.." she rested her forehead against his for a few moments, not really caring what Ordo though about it before she turned back to her datapad and began working quickly, adding wiring diagrams to the helmet, chest, gauntlet and gloves for the ANNE. There wasn't too much she really had to change as far as the wiring diagrams were concerned, but she had to make changes to the power draw calculations she'd made originally.

Betna returned the kiss lovingly and picked up one of the beskar ingots and another of the durasteel. He looked at them in his hands for a moment before picking up another beskar ingot. He took a step back from the counter and checked to make sure he was clear on all sides. Once sure he wouldn't hit anything, he immediately tossed one of the ingots in the air. Then another, then another.

His hands moved quickly and surely, ingots falling into one hand and being tossed back up before falling into the other. He kept it up, tossing each ingot up and catching it with another hand for a few minutes.

Yes, Betna knew how to juggle. The things you learn or teach yourself for the more difficult bounty jobs.

"So, how far from finishing the armor are you? Just physically making it?" he asked.

[member="Ordo"] [member="Anija Ordo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom