Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Besh Firefist

Status
Not open for further replies.
ezHE0ac.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a funky crushgaunt / wrist blaster analog for the Besh Mandalorians.
Image Source: NA
Canon Link: Lightsaber Gauntlet,
Primary Source: Nagai Electromesh / Reinforced Fiber Armor / Mandalorian Heavy Combat Suit /

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Clan Dem'adas Corp of Engineers
Model: Besh Firefist
Affiliation: Dar'tome Mando'ade / Closed Market
Modularity: None
Production: Limited
Material:
DAWX8oi.gif
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Gauntlet Weapon
Size: Average
Weight: Average
Resistances:
  • Blasters: Very High
  • Kinetic: High
  • Lightsabers: High
  • Ionic/EMP: Very Low
  • Cortosis/Ionite: Very Low
Ammunition Type: Thermal Heat
Ammunition Capacity: Low / Average
Recharge Speed: Slow / Average
Effective Range: Average / Average
Rate of Fire: Low / Average
Stopping Power: High / Average
Recoil: Low

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Produces a Lightsaber-like electromagnetic field that envelops the wearer's hands
  • Electromagnetic field produces crushgaunt-like effects upon metal objects
  • Produces an energy discharge similar to that of a Blaster Pistol from the wearer's fingers
  • Produces a larger energy discharge that is similar to that of a Beam Rifle and is emitted from the entire hand
Strengths:
  • Can crush metal objects in a similar manner to a Crushgaunt
  • Can produce frequent "Blaster Pistol" strength blasts
  • Can produce infrequent "Beam Rifle" strength blasts
  • Can "technically" reflect blaster bolts similarly to a Lightsaber (because of electromagnetic field)
Weaknesses:
  • Not as effective at blocking blaster bolts as a Lightsaber
  • Can be shorted out by Cortosis
  • Can be disabled by EMP and other electronic disabling effects
  • Trying to grab a Cortosis Sword could end in finger loss
  • Requires connection to a power source (usually integrated into a suit)
  • Endless IC and OOC Jokes
tumblr_mzfpbyJroh1tp8kdpo1_500.gif
DESCRIPTION

Where Wrist Lasers and Crushgaunts are the secondary weapons of choice for Mandalorians throughout the galaxy, Mandalorians from Companion Best proffer the Besh Firefist. A unified weapon, the Besh Firefist serves as a gauntlet weapon that envelops the wearer's hands in an electromagnetic containment field similar to that of a lightsaber. The wearer of the gauntlet can then manipulate this electromagnetic field to produce a number of effects. The most common effect would be to produce a crushing effect similar to that of a Crushgaunt upon any metal object grappled by the wearer. This gauntlet can also be used to stick to metallic surfaces in similar manner as with magnetic boots, and can, with practice, be used to remotely grapple metallic objects over a very short range (functions on droids and metal armor, dependent upon user's physical strength to manipulate once grappled via electromagnetic field).

While the grappling, punching, and other fist related activities of the wearer are greatly enhanced by the electromagnetic effects of the Firefist in melee engagements, the Besh Firefist is more commonly known for its ability to project energy discharges similar to those of a blaster pistol from the fingers of the gauntlet. This effect is produced by shaping, directing, and projecting the electromagnetic field of the gauntlet into, ahead of, and away from a given finger while also consolidating plasma into this manipulated containment field (a short distance ahead of the given finger). When used in this way, the Besh Firefist is capable of producing one of two discharge types. The first is a small, simple bolt of energy indistinguishable to that of a common blaster bolt. This bolt is most commonly discharged from the index finger, though some users find it more satisfying to use both the index and middle finger for this attack. The other form of discharge this weapon can produce would be a sustained beam similar to that produced by a composite beam laser, but at a power scale that could easily be compared to the damage profile of a heavy blaster rifle. When producing this effect, the wearer is encouraged through tradition to project this effect from a "knife-hand" with all five fingers together and pointed at the target, though some users are reported to proffer using a closed fist for this attack

tumblr_oun1shvnJN1vixytfo1_500.gif

Olivia Dem'adas said:
the Besh Firefist serves as a gauntlet weapon that envelops the wearer's hands in an electromagnetic containment field similar to that of a lightsaber and fills that field with super-heated plasma. This plasma produces as extreme thermal effect upon any object touched by the gauntlet, and somehow manages to do so without burning the wearer's hands off
As absolutely ridiculous as star wars gets, touching a lightsaber burns through your hand. Creating the field of a lightsaber on your hand will disintegrate said hand.

I may have to double check, but I'm pretty sure in the final lightsaber fight of Force Awakens, they let those lightsabers get really close to people's skin (and eyes and faces) without causing any burning or blistering until the blade actually touched the flesh.

The thought process here is that the containment field keeps the plasma very thin and close to the metal gauntlet, but that it also keeps the plasma just far enough away from the hand to not be self harming. And the material the gauntlet is made from is supposed to be highly resistant to heat and pressure.

I could add in Ostrine to counter-act some of the heat that would radiate into the gauntlet, thus protecting the metal and the hand inside the metal.

And while I really don't want to (because of production rating), I could make the gauntlet have an outer layer of Phrik, a layer of Ostrine under that, and another layer or two that insulates the wearer from the Ostrine's chilling effect.

Anyway. Give me your thoughts.
[member="Lily Kuhn"]

Edit:

Also this silly thing.

Olivia Dem'adas said:
Also this silly thing.
This is not the same thing as a glove that effectively coats itself with a lightsaber.

Olivia Dem'adas said:
Produces a Lightsaber-like effect that envelops the wearer's hands
Therein lies the difference between "really close" and physically in contact with the containment field of the lightsaber. If you want to make this into a lightsaber gauntlet that produces a blade separate from the actual glove itself, so it isn't enveloping the hands of the person wearing it with a lightsaber blade, that's fine.

Olivia Dem'adas said:
And the material the gauntlet is made from is supposed to be highly resistant to heat and pressure.

Olivia Dem'adas said:
And while I really don't want to (because of production rating), I could make the gauntlet have an outer layer of Phrik, a layer of Ostrine under that, and another layer or two that insulates the wearer from the Ostrine's chilling effect.
Even beskar can be melted by continued exposure to a lightsaber.

As I mentioned before, if you want to have the psuedo-lightsaber stuff incorporated in any way that isn't turning the glove into a glove that is entirely surrounded by a lightsaber-esque plasma field, that's acceptable. What you currently have here, however, is not.

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

What about reducing the intensity of the plasma/thermal properties? Or just making it high-heat without necessarily being hot enough to straight up melt metal (but hot enough to burn the kark out of flesh or make anyone inside armor very, very uncomfortable?)

What is your take on the electromagnetic field finger-blaser stuff?

How would you feel about the Electromagnetic field around the gauntlet not being used to produce a thermal effect upon touched object, but instead being used purely for the magnetic properties. AKA, magnetic crushgaunt style warping/bending/crushing of metal?

[member="Olivia Dem'adas"]
If it's less intensive, i.e; not straight up melting metal; then it's fine. Ditto with it being used as an electromagnetic crushgaunt, though you might want to invest in sturdier material otherwise it's going to have some drawbacks in comparison. I think firing a blaster bolt is fine.

[member="Olivia Dem'adas"]
Throw in the resistances stuff since this is technically armor too and I'll give it a final once-over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom