Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Benjamin Cassidy's Peace-Makers

Status
Not open for further replies.
P9bx6k3.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To create a pair of signature Slug-throwers, dubbed the "Peace-Makers" for Benjamin Cassidy.
Image Source:
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: SlugThrower.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Benjamin Cassidy.
Affiliation: [member=Benjamin Cassidy].
Model: Modified Revolving Slug-Throwers.
Modularity:

• Speed Loader.

• Interchangeable Cylinders.

• Red Dot Sights (1.3x Magnification).
Production: Unique.
Material: Poly-alloy, Turadium, Slugthrower components.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Slugthrower Pistol.
Size: Small.
Weight: Light.
Ammunition Types:

• Standard Slugs.

• Hollow Point.

• Armor Piercing.

• Incendiary.

• Buckshot.
Ammunition Capacity: 6 Slugs per revolving chamber.
Reload Speed: Average.
Effective Range: Close/Mid-Range.
Rate of Fire: High.
Stopping Power: High.
Recoil: High.

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Armor Piercing rounds for heavily geared opponents.

• Hollow Point rounds for maximum damage on lightly armed opponents.

• Incendiary rounds for when you need to light a fire under someone’s backside.

• Buckshot rounds for group dispersal (Wide area of effect, short range).

• Speed-Loader Chambers for quicker reload.

• Laser-Sighting (Green).
Strengths:

• A bullet for every occasion: Benjamin's Six-shooter's come with a variety of ammunition types meant for taking down small or large game/opponents.

• Sight for sore eyes: The pair of Slugthrower Pistols are both equipped with Red Dot Sights and laser-guided attachments for quicker acquisition of targets at close to mid-range.

• Speed-loader: The Chambers of each Revolver can be ejected in favor of pre-loaded additional's for quicker reload whilst in combat.
Weaknesses:

• Kicks like a mule: Being of a high caliber design and make, each shot fired results in a backlash of recoil.

• Six-Shooter: Each Chamber of the Slugthrower Pistols carry a maximum of six rounds of ammunition. Given the time it takes to reload, it’s best to not to miss a shot...
DESCRIPTION

These Slugthrower Revolving Pistols are Benjamin Cassidy’s signature side-arms that carry a reputation along with them; dubbed the “Peace-Makers” by Benjamin himself, the locals of his home-world (Drogheda) believed that wherever these pistols went, trouble often followed. Benjamin often preferring to boast about the apparent curse, instead proclaiming that he, himself was the real trouble the people needed to be concerned about.

The two Slug-throwers are set apart in their exterior casing, however that’s where their differences end. Both Revolvers come with the same attachments and variety/type of ammunition. They’re made of a high caliber and rarely fail to put down their targets when landing a well rounded shot to the torso or higher. Unfortunately, being of a high caliber also means that the kick-back from each shot fired produces significant recoil and therefore the rate of fire for these revolvers are much slower when dual-wielding them. On the other hand, when only using one of these side-arms, the rate of fire can increase due to the shooter’s free hand being focused upon the hammer for quicker preparation between each shot (Hip firing, often resulting in less accuracy).

The variety of ammunition as mentioned above is significant, Benjamin’s all-time favorites being the buckshot which tends to be something of a crowd pleaser. That said, it’s always helpful to come packing the type of ammunition that can pierce a majority of dense alloys such as armor, or blow your foes head into multiple pieces for those more artistic of shooters. When not looking to paint the walls however, there are of course your standard slugs, as well as incendiaries for those who just want to watch the world burn.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
I am loving the idea of these revolvers. Reminds me greatly of the Lemat Revolvers that had a 9 shot cylinder, and a secondary barrel for a single shot shotgun barrel.

Benjamin Cassidy said:
Speed Loader (Interchangeable Chambers).
I know both of what you are listing here, but it seems that you are putting two items together that should be separated. As these two items are completely different in their usage and application. A speed loader only aids the user in reloading the wheel gun faster, where as a Interchangeable Cylinder allows you to change the type of slug you are using. IE: Changing from a 44 S&W to a .357/.38 special.

However, this is me assuming you were having both of these applications for the modularity of the revolvers.

Benjamin Cassidy said:
Rate of Fire: Low - Average.
You can raise the rate of fire up from where you have it. Another assumption is that these revolvers are double action. (Meaning you only pull the trigger and it goes boom. Rather than having to manually reset the hammer after every shot) Which means that these slugthrowers can fire literally, "As fast as you can pull the trigger" While yes you can manually shoot slowly for greater precision, if one were to just pull the trigger as fast as they possibly could, they would have a much higher rate of fire. *And because you have some wiggle room with your ratings.

Let me know how you feel about these thoughts and possible changes.

[member="Benjamin Cassidy"],

Thanks [member="Auberon"] !

I've made a couple changes, both to the rate of fire and the Modularity.

The slugs can be changed for buckshot, but I was getting mixed up at the time with the speed-loader mechanic lol.

Thanks for picking up on that :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom