Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beneath the howling stars...[Jared]

There was a time, the woman mused, sipping at a cup of caf, that Coruscant had been a most hospitable world. When the Sith had ruled it with an iron fist clad in a silk glove, and held so much of the galxy under their power. But that time had been over five hundred years prior…and the Sithlings currently populating the galaxy hadn’t the faintest idea how to go about things properly. They spent too much time arguing and fighting amongst themselves, so much so that even their Emperor was captured at Dac.

Kassandra sighed and shook her head. This would never have happened back in her day…the capture of a single Sith would never have brought the entire empire collapsing to its knees. To see the Sith of the day content to grab for whatever was left in the dust and ashes. Perhaps one of the splinter groups she had been hearing of would rise to prominence once more.

Perhaps. But she held out little hope, and found herself quite content with the place she’d found with Vascious in the Crusade. Another relic of her past, and one that was more than pleased to assist her. Surprising given some of their history, but perhaps five hundred years was enough to bring them to their senses after all.

Another sip of caf elicited a sigh of pleasure this time. It was a rooftop café in one of the wealthier Coruscanti districts, known for its cuisine in the evening hours and its strongly brewed caf in the morning ones. Well. Morning was debatable in Kassandra’s opinion. Noon counted as morning as far as she was concerned, and she nearly never rose before it.

The caf, though rich and darkly scented, did little to slake the other thirst that threaded lazily through her veins. She was, however, more than capable of controlling it, and it was nowhere near a dangerous level yet. Next time, she mused, she’d have to make provisions for feeding when on Coruscant. Masking her signature to the point of appearing like her teenage self, a partly trained Padawan with a softly flickering aura, was sapping more of her energy than she had originally anticipated it would. Then again, she’d been doing so for days longer than she had originally anticipated.

Something was prompting her to stay on Coruscant, and Kassandra couldn’t place a finger on precisely what it was. Well, she likely could if she dipped into her true powers, but revealing herself in such a way would be a foolish maneuver on a planet that contained the main Jedi Temple and some of its most powerful practitioners.

Kassandra was not foolish. She had learned the lesson the hard way centuries before.

Leaving a cred chit on the table, she rose in a smooth motion, slender fingers smoothing out her dress. The strap of her bag rested in the crook of her arm, and a tiny communicator was tucked into her ear. She looked for all the world as if she belonged there, another wealthy woman stopping for caf between rounds of shopping. A word of thanks to the server and the maître d’ saw the door opened for her to exit, and a taxi summoned with startling alacrity.

The soft lace of her jacket kept her warm enough, and as the taxi came to a halt at her destination, she stepped out, leaving the appropriate number of credits behind. The woman sighed and looked up at the tall glass domes of the botanical gardens. She had intended to spend some time in the Corellian area, a reminder of years gone by, but something prompted her to veer away from the entrance.

Stiletto heels clicked along the walkway, the way empty on this particular evening. The sun had long since set, but this was Coruscant…Kassandra couldn’t see the stars very well, and that bothered her. Leaving the well-lit walkway behind, she made her way back to the empty residential building she’d purchased some few months prior. Only the penthouse apartment was finished and that was her own domain. The rest…she had yet to decide what she was going to do with it. For now, the solitude suited her perfectly.

Kassandra paused there at the entrance, fingers poised upon the panel as something sounded behind her. A footstep, barely audible, drew her attention to the alley entrance some twenty feet away, that ran along the side of her building. She smiled as she opened the panel and pressed her palm to it for entry.

How convenient, she mused, her bag dropping to the ground as she spun on her heel and caught the thug in a vice-like grip, for dinner to deliver itself so promptly. Not wishing to sully her doorstep, she dragged him into the aforementioned alley and sank her fangs into his throat. She drank deep, draining him almost to the point of death before she put back a touch of energy to heal the puncture marks on his neck.

He would be weak, but he would live. She couldn’t afford to leave a trail of bodies on Coruscant, and certainly not one so close to where she was staying. Letting him crumple to the duracrete, she smoothed out her dress and walked slowly back to the open door where her bag waited, feeling her powers flare briefly as the energy and blood she’d imbibed settled in.

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Across the street, cloaked in shadows a silhouette could be feintly made out. It was the Lord of the Fringe, who stood there and took notice of everything that had happened. A question rose up, and it concerned itself with the reason for his presence here. Why was he here, just now? Lucky coincidence? But no, if one knew the proud Lord, it would have been foolish to discard his presence for simple coincidence.

Maybe the Based Gods had something to do with it? Might be they wished the two Sith to meet with each other, or maybe it was the Force guiding their paths to entwine. The question had been voiced, but no answer came and that was just as well. Jared had found out very early in his life, that not every question had an answer. Or maybe he just liked to have a mysterious air, a very likely possibility.

Gracefully, he disentangled himself from the shadows that were hugging his form and appeared out of the alcove he had been standing in. Not hiding, no. A man like Jared did not hide himself, not even for a powerful woman that stood with her back in front of him.

For he had seen through her illusion, not because he was an almighty powerful Mentalist or some nonsense like that. No, the answer to that question was far more simple. It was hard to keep your attention to your techniques, and spells when you were busy feeding. It had only been a flair, a hint of power; but it had been enough for the proud Lord.

Of course, he himself did not know what had caused the sudden flair in power. Jared had no experience with Vampires, though he had read a little about them. Her feeding had not scared him, the things he had experienced on his travels… a simple thing like a Vampire? It did not bring fear in his heart, not anymore at least.

A normal man would have just coughed maybe, said some simple words to catch her attention. But Jared had never pretended to be normal, or simple for that matter. A slightly stranger man, might have tried to sneak up on her and touched her. To show her that some people were silent enough, to take her off guard. But even though Jared had never contested the fact that he was quite strange, he did not chose this path either.

Instead, what he did was far more straightforward. His mind reached out towards the Vampire Lady, and showed her his power. Shared with her his mind, soul, and pure strength.

Risky? Yeah. Dangerous? Without a doubt. Maybe a bit ill-advised? Most definitely. Say one thing about Jared Ovmar, say he likes to take risks.

[member="Kassandra Distorith"]

Her crimson irises glowed with a soft, unearthly light, even more so than usual. The energy and blood she sustained herself with from her victims always manifested itself in the glittering wickedness of her gaze. What others saw she could not say - it was not as if she had conversed with those she devoured. But what she felt was...better than any other pleasure in the ‘verse, save one.

And that one could be enhanced with a careful return of energy along a delicate mental channel.

Kassandra smiled to herself, remembering her dalliance on Dantooine with a Jedi who had attended one of her lavish fêtes. She had quite underestimated the man, and he...had quite exceeded her expectations. Enough so that she had allowed him to leave unharmed...well. Unharmed in ways he hadn’t acceded to, at least.

Bending down with a graceful motion, fingers clasped around the waiting handles of her handbag, when a strange scent gave her pause. Like the predator that the woman was, she rose slowly and turned, elegant frame deceptively relaxed. Crimson irises darkened to a deep, bloody red, a hint at the power that stood waiting beneath the surface of her illusions, simply waiting for its mistress to call upon it.

She caught sight of him as she felt the brush of his mind, tasted of the power he held at bay in a manner so akin to her own. Mind, soul, and pure unadulterated strength...it was a deeply personal and intimate introduction, one that she returned in kind without hesitation. The Lordess’ posture changed, though her eyes remained dark, one hand resting on the doorway, the other balanced on the soft curve of a hip.

Perhaps, she mused, he was the reason the Force had drawn her to remain on Coruscant. What an intriguing thought.

“And here I thought I was going to be alone this evening...what a pleasant surprise to find someone so handsome waiting for me in the shadows.” she purred softly, tilting her head by way of an invitation for him to step closer.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
When you encounter a predator, there are a couple of ways to go around dealing with them. Some guys told you to play dead, pretend you ain’t breathing and the animal will probably find something else to hunt on. Ain’t no fun, if there ain’t a hunt. Now maybe in the jungle that might be a good idea, but something told me that the Goddess in front of me wasn’t going to be fooled by such a thing.

Secondly, you could just try to intimidate her by halting in your tracks, and wait for her to flee first. But that assumed the predator was more afraid of you, than you were of it. Taking in her curves, and the mental imprint of her power… well it was safe to assume she ain’t scared, yet.

So then there was the third way, the one I had already tried out just a few seconds ago. Go in guns blazing, and show her nobody can kark with you. If everything went well, you got yourself respect, authority and maybe even a healthy dose of fear to get along with that. If not? Well.. then you done karked up, and you are probably dead.

Seeing as I was still very much breathing, I had to assume I was doing -something- right. And honestly, I wasn’t very afraid to begin with, oh this girl was pretty terrifying in her own right. But let’s be honest here. In my life I have been in so many karked up situations.. a vampire really doesn’t make me sweat… much.

That’s why when she asked me to come closer, instead of backing away (which might have been the smart-way) I gave her one of my lazy grins, and stalked closer. Yeah. Stalked. Some people walk, but when I want to; I can be pretty damn graceful in my own right.

I showed her what I was made of, muscles, authoritative aura, lazy smile and cold penetrating eyes. All the good stuff. Girl’s gotta like that, I assume.

“The night is dark, and full of… beautiful terrors. What do you say if we retreat to your place, and get acquainted?”

Bold move, Jared. Bold. Move. But hey, if you are being stupid already, gotta go the full nine yards, I always say. So let’s see where this is going to get me. I really need something to drink. Maybe she can provide...

[member="Kassandra Distorith"]

Blood red orbs blazed with interest as she drank in the sight the man presented. Tall and muscular, possessed of a predator's lazy gait and the confidence to pull it off. Of course, the power she could practically taste radiating off of him certainly helped matters. Head canted to the side, she remained silent for a moment, the tip of her tongue trailing along her plump lower lip, gathering up a stray drop of blood.

Her smile was purely wicked as she gestured with her fingers and the door swung silently open behind her. She shifted away from the door frame and sauntered inside ahead of him, knowing precisely what she was doing as she called back over her shoulder. "Follow me..." she purred softly, closing the door behind him without a second glance. Stilettos clicked along the glittering marble floor of the dimly lit lobby, construction materials and supplies scattered in large piles. There were four turbolift bays, but she bypassed the three plain ones and led the way to the one set apart in a gold-gilt frame on a wall by itself.

Her fingers rose and pressed against the plain white panel beside the door, fingers pulsing with a deep crimson energy until the lift doors began to open. A plush, spacious interior was revealed, tastefully done in shades of cream and gold, save for the carpet which was a deep blood-red. She leaned against the back wall of it, depositing her bag on the delicate bench off to the side. One hand rose to beckon him inside, a delicate brow arched as she watched him move.

The intercom beeped softly, and a deferential male voice came through. "You've returned early, my Lady. Shall I prepare your evening meal?"

"Prepare it for two, Orran. We will begin with drinks on the rooftop."

"As you wish."

The intercom clicked off, and she returned her attention to her new-found companion. "Do I get the pleasure of a name to go with the handsome face?" Kassandra purred softly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom