Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being Normal [Token Waters]

Hugh Seyley

H
BeingNormal_zps8a9908eb.jpg

I stood there, watching the sun as it sets in the distance. The day had been one of the best I have ever had and not because I saw her, which I didn't, but because of the beauty of this day. It didn't happen often, that people were really peaceful, markets were peaceful... And of course the sun had shined brightly this day, making every person happy. We all missed these days when there was nothing to make us feel sad. Ah, it had been a wonderful day and I really hoped the next one will come as great as this one had been or even better.

I had went swimming on that day. Water was not very warm. Air temperature was high, though, so swimming in the water was so good. Living in the capital of Lunar Meadow, I always had the chance to go swimming, because it happened to be near a large sea. Today, most people had gone swimming, so when I woke up late as always, the town was almost empty. Only a few guards guarded our leader's palace. It was funny to see them, dressed in quite heavy armor. I'm sure they were sweating like they were in hell. I almost wanted to go there and spread them with cold water or something... Heh, I was stupid...

Standing on a hill underneath a tree, I sighed. The beauty of this sun was amazing.

@[member="Token Waters"]

There was a whole lot of this galaxy that the young woman hadn’t seen yet. She wanted to make sure she wasn’t missing anything, and really, she was going to have to figure her own life out shortly. Sure, she was heir to her father’s shipping company, and she could make money from that, and just live off of it, but that wasn’t good for her. She wasn’t really one for business, and not following her heart.

And that was why she was having to land on… what world was it? Lunar Meadow? Well, that didn’t sound so bad. Hopefully they had fuel, or a place for her to wait when she called for a refueling ship to save her.

See, that was typical Token. Maybe she should have called up Sindy to see if the other blonde wanted to come. Besides, Dr. Aerin was good at repairing stuff, right? Engineer and all that. She could hope, really. Still, right now there weren’t many options open to her aside from land and figure it out.

Touching her Riptide, DeepWater Mon Cal shuttle down outside one of the towns, she shrugged. It seemed quaint! There wasn’t anything wrong here, right? It was a tiny little down. Still, she might be too… core-dressed? It wasn’t like she couldn’t not change, but she liked her outfit. She made her way through the streets. If there wasn’t a fueling station, she’d need to find some place with holonet uplink, or go back to her ship.

Maybe she was over dressed for this world. But how was she supposed to know? Walking past the tree, she smiled, and gave a short wave. “Hey…” She chewed on her lower lip. "So... is there a town nearby? My ship is kind of running' outta fuel... and yeah." ​She ran her hand through her hair. She promised she wasn't a complete ditz.

@[member="Cameron Paté"]

Hugh Seyley

H
"Oh, hi!" I said to the woman who suddenly appeared. It seemed like she had come silently to the tree and... "So... is there a town nearby? My ship is kind of running' outta fuel... and yeah." I smiled and nodded to her. The woman looked normal, if not even good-looking. People of Lunar Meadow were either completely stunning with their beauty or really gross. Well, this one wasn't exactly neither one of them. She was something between them, though a bit towards to beautiful. So she was definitely not from the planet. And well, she spoke of a ship running out of fuel, so it was actually quite logical to think, that she is a foreigner.

"Yeah, we actually have a town quite near this hill, though... I don't know if we have the fuel you're looking for. Maybe you could get some from the local market, though..." I answered to her. I was kind of awkward, but, hey, I hadn't talked to a girl so long. "I can come with you, if you want to."

My friendliness was normal. Like I tend to say, I was raised by Meadowian standards...

@[member="Token Waters"]

If she was that silent, that would have been awesome. But really, Token was typically a klutz. What it could be here was the fact that there was actually nothing around the area. It was nice, to see some rural place like this. If her ship, and style didn’t betray her for not being from here, her sharp Core accent most likely did. Still, talking to the first person she saw was not a bad call. The…boymanperson was cute!

“Its worth a shot!” She said, trying to keep her most cheerful demeanor up. Just because she was from the Core didn’t mean that everything was all rush-rush-rush. Sometimes she wanted to just fall into the slow life around the galaxy. It was a tempting idea.

“You wouldn’t mind? I don’t want to bother you, and I can probably find it on my own.” Though the market wasn’t likely to have fuel, maybe. She could hope, but… regardless, company was nice!

@[member="Cameron Paté"]

Hugh Seyley

H
"Alright, let's go then," I said. Indeed, it was cool to meet another foreigner. I loved it. Maybe I should have moved to Coruscant so that I could meet even more new people? Though the girl I cared about was my main goal. I just had to see her again, I had to be noticed by her.

I kept forgetting, that it doesn't matter at the moment. Focus, Cameron!

"So... May I ask, where are you from? Your accent and, well, attire, caught my attention." I laughed, but not at her, but more like... It was more like a smirk with some noise, not anything else. I tried to sound as friendly as possible, maybe I was about to make a new friend or something? Hey, people should always be optimistic.

@[member="Token Waters"]

There were so many things that Token was learning to not worry about. Sure, she had people she cared about, and that was important, but there were other things that were simple. They were fluid. Living life, though, that was not one of them. And she wanted to live to the fullest, and for her that meant traveling. She wasn’t going to be tied to one place. Maybe a person… or certain things, but never tied to a world over another. Smiling at the blonde boy, she nodded. “Yes, lets!”

Biting her lip, the blonde couldn’t help but blush. “I suppose I’m a little excessive for this world, huh?” She didn’t mean that the way it came out. Now chewing on her lip, she smiled. “I didn’t mean that wrong. Just when you’re off the trade routes, less traffic.” And stuff.

Right Token, whatever you say, sweetheart.

“Me? I’m from Corellia, originally. I was in school on Coruscant for a year, but I’m… taking a break.” She nodded. No need to go far into it, not yet. “You’ve been off-world, right?” Not to be rude, again, just Token being Token.

@[member="Cameron Paté"]

Hugh Seyley

H
"Interesting..." I replied to the woman's speech before she had asked him a question. It was not rude, like the woman had thought (which I understood she did, after some time), but it was unexpected. "Actually, I have never been off Lunar Meadow. There's so much to do here, so I haven't even thought about visiting other places. Though I'd like to visit Coruscant soon." Yes, I wanted to see her again...

Focus!

"I'm Cameron, by the way!" I said as I understood we don't even know each others' names.

@[member="Token Waters"] (sorry for the really long delay)

Never been off world? Token really had a hard time believing that. She was used to just hopping in one of her family’s shuttles, or her own, really, and just going. Exploring the galaxy at large was something she liked to do. Probably why she was in anthropology, learn all about the galaxy and all its people. She smiled at the blonde boy. “I suppose that makes sense! If you can enjoy everything your world has to offer, why leave, right?”

Well, because there was so much out there! Among the stars! She could visit them all, and she had been making her way about the galaxy, after all. Corellia, and abroad, then the Sith, then running into Sindy, and wherever their life was going to take them. Once she got to Coruscant, that was. “You’ve never been to Coruscant?” That was a trip in and of itself, after all. But pretty obvious he hadn’t been there yet, with the way he spoke about not leaving his world. Ditzy Token.

“My name is Token Brooke Waters, you can call me Token, or Brooke, whichever.” She smiled at him and nodded. “So, what is there to do on Lunar Meadow?”
@[member="Cameron Paté"]

Hugh Seyley

H
"Nice to meet you, Token," I said. "Well, on Lunar Meadow, we have work, jobs... Marketing is really important over here. And education, definitely. We have a really quiet and calm life here. For a person adapted to the lifestyle of Coruscant, we may be a bit boring. But we are a romance planet. We, Meadowians find beauty in everything. It's natural. We also like arts. That's why most of the people who aren't salesmen choose to start painting or singing..."

Lunar Meadow is indeed a rather calm planet. Technology isn't very appreciated over here and that's why most people are afraid to land near towns. But really, it's not like that anymore. Since her, Meadowians have changed.

"How's life on Corellia? Or on Coruscant? Are you depending on time, like I've heard from someone?"

@[member="Token Waters"]

She smiled and nodded to the man. She could totally respect the need to stay on one world. Or desire to. For her, that wasn’t in the cards, but for some? They liked to just be who they were, and they didn’t need to try to make it across the galaxy. That was admirable. “I wouldn’t say boring!” She bit her lip, maybe that came out too quickly? “I haven’t studied this world yet, but I love art!”

This did sound almost like a paradise. Token was surprised at how easy a calm world could be. But then again, she was everywhere in the galaxy she didn’t need to be. That bit was kind of troubling.

“Corellia’s nice. And Coruscant’s really busy! A lot busier. But time? I mean, we have to organize everything by chrono, sure. Don’t y’all here?”

@[member="Cameron Paté"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom