Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being Honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxana Cere

R
So I'll start this off by saying I apologize, and that I'd like to be as transparent as I possibly can; and by being as real as I can right now, I'll reveal myself to be a liar. I'm not a new face on the block, in fact I've been on Chaos for quite some time. I can't really give a good excuse for why I'm doing this or why I've tried so hard to cover up who I am - perhaps it's because I never felt truly welcome, or that I've been ashamed by my behavior and mistakes in the past. There are those in this community that I'm fully aware will talk among themselves and pass along judgement and preconceived sentiments, but I don't care anymore.

I'm aware of just how much negative memories stand out here, and how bias has a lot of sway in the way people form opinions when considering things like: "I don't wanna write with this person because of my reputation/their reputation." Or what essentially comes down to someone's ego being too grandiose to come down off of their high-horse. But I don't blame a single soul if they chose not to write with someone whom isn't trustworthy or tries to hide behind "masks" just to feel something close to acceptance or being able to feel like they belong. That in itself is pathetic and cowardly, and the right thing to do is to just own up and face the music. A great many of you probably won't even care about this, and at the end of the day, this is an RP community where things shouldn't be taken too seriously since we're all here for the same thing more or less.

To the people/groups I'm apologizing to: TSE, GA, SJO, NIO, and everyone else who treated me with any shred of respect. I've equally lied to you all and it's time it ends.

And most of all, I'm sorry to you, Chaos. If this all happens to warrant a complete ban from the website, I accept. Once again, I'm very sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Believe it or not, sticking around with a community, getting involved with their threads/writers, and working to build up a place for yourself will provide you the best chance for fun on the site. Its definitely not cool to take on new personas and pretend to be someone different, as it creates a veil of dishonesty that makes it difficult to look beyond. At the end of the day, no one is going to hold anything against you if you just continue to be honest going forward and make yourself a member of this community people want to have around. You haven't DOXd, harassed, or abused anyone as far as I know. Just be who you are, don't hide behind masks, and have a good time.

The masks we wear are the characters we write, not the person behind the keyboard.

I've seen a lot of people feel this way, and as others said it takes a lot to step forward and say this.

I don't know you, but I feel for your stress-- fear of judgement, hoping for a new leaf. Be the the best you can be, nose down and just have fun with your stories. Whether or not others behave the same is not on you.

When I first join this place and was stressed about others perception of me, a wise friend said: The only person that can speak for your character is you.

Chin up. Show others whatcha got! And have fun ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom