Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Beginning of a Beginning

Time: Dawn
Equipment: Poncho, Mask, Walking Stick, Lightsaber
Rucksack Items: 1/2 Day's worth of Rations, Credits, Memorial Coins, Shoes, Extra Robes/Poncho, Mask Filters

Kade had just been awoken by the sound of a branch being crushed by some sort of large beast in the distance. He rarely got over five hours of sleep and could never stay at the same shelter for more than a few days. The native creatures of this planet had extremely irregular patterns and would seem to settle down wherever he was at. Most were afraid of people and would stay away, but a few of the larger ones were extremely hostile and would attack a person on sight. This led to Kade's body being scarred all over, putting him constantly into a state of being covered in dirt and grime.

"Another day... Just a bit closer." he said to himself, sighing as he lifted himself up and out of his bedroll.

He stuffed his bedroll into his rucksack, opened up a fresh ration,and started out on his way towards some sort of building on this planet. He had no idea what it was or who lived there, but he hadn't run into one of the dome-shaped buildings in a while. Maybe the people here would give him shelter. Maybe there were no people there. Maybe they were hostile. Maybe it was overrun by native creatures.

All the possibilities of what was to come ran through his head. He knew for sure that his Master wouldn't be there though. Ever since he sent him out to explore and find himself in solitude, he never felt the connection of his former teacher. Kade meditated where he could and used his saber to defend himself, but he quickly realized that he was going to plateau without the help of a teacher. He really didn't know where his limit was or what type of potential he would have. Maybe he would find out if he stayed isolated for longer. But Kade couldn't take isolation anymore. It had been years since he received a message from his Master.

He was now within a few hundred yards of whatever this building was and he had stuffed the trash from his ration into his pack. As he got closer, he reached behind his ears and pulled the hood of his robes over himself.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Weapon:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kade Seyta Kade Seyta

It was just another day at the rebuilt New Cov Temple — Valery had finished up her morning routine of meditation, personal training, and getting ready for a day of either teaching or overseeing the war efforts. But while she went for her usual walk across Temple Grounds, she could feel that something was different. A strange and distant tremor in the Force reached her mind, forcing her to stop and focus on it for a moment. The sound of the waterfall, the birds, and the Jedi around her faded into the background as a presence called out.

"Hmm..." she turned around on the bridge and briefly glanced back in the direction of the Main Temple. Something or someone was out there, and for some reason, the Force was guiding her to meet them. So without any hesitation, she turned back, passed through the main structure, and moved beyond the landing pad that formed the only real clearing from the jungle.

It wasn't common for Jedi to step into the dangerous jungles due to the fauna and flora being so lethal, but Knights and Masters occasionally did for training. In Valery's case though, with each step it became more evident that she was approaching what felt like another Jedi, or at the very least a Force user. There was nothing dark about his presence, but there was still some kind of tension. Not too surprising if they had been out in the jungle alone.

Regardless of who it was though, Valery was only minutes away from finding them within the jungles.

Time: Reaching Afternoon

Kade stopped in his tracks for a moment to gather himself. Although he believed the Temple he was approaching was abandoned and empty, he felt like he was being watched. Maybe some sort of memories through the force were up ahead. Although they troubled Kade to see, he learned a great variety of things from them when he encountered them. After he took a moment to sip out of his canteen and rest, he continued towards the building. Out of boredom, he reached into his rucksack and continued his series of logs. Sighing, he reached up to his face and continued.

"Continuing day two twenty-four of exploring. It's been a while since I've run into someone else, but I've got a strange feeling that something or someone is watching me. Could just be another one of those feelings, but I hope it isn't. I might've forgotten how to socialize by now, maybe I should've gotten a droid or something. Too late now. Maybe on the next adventure, I'll have one."

Within a few minutes he was rambling again, which was what happened most on his audio logs. Eventually, he found himself much closer to the temple than where he began. He stood still for a moment to take it in.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Weapon:
Lightsaber

Quietly and carefully, Valery maneuvred her way through the jungles, not because she was wanting to sneak up on whoever was out there but simply to keep herself protected against the wild. Both the plants and animals out here were able to kill without a problem, and as experienced as she was navigating through these parts of the planet, she didn't want to take any risks. But slowly, she was getting closer to the presence she felt and with how their presence echoed in the Force, the likelihood of it being another Jedi only grew. So in an attempt to guide them, she allowed her own signature to expand more, and no longer suppressed it.

It was unlikely any Sith or Force-sensitives with hostile intentions were out here, so there was no real reason for her to bury her presence the way she usually did. So with the hope that her presence would give him direction and take away any potential fears, she finally made her approach and pushed through the last stretch of territory before reaching him.

"It's not often I find people going through these jungles alone," Valery said as her fiery eyes connected with the Padawan, who looked like he had been out here for quite a while already. "I'm Jedi Master Valery Noble — is there something I can help you with?" she continued as she made her approach to get closer, allowing her to greet him with a respectful bow of her head.

Time:
Afternoon
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

The Padawan reached the forest line just outside of the Jedi Temple, peaking through the trees to the building up ahead. He continued forward through the grass that stood tall, right at his shoulder, and felt the presence of whatever was out there with him growing stronger. While he wasn't very familiar with the force and hadn't received much training, he didn't feel any sort of malicious intent. This feeling gave him a sense of comfort and he was now certain that this area was populated. This would be his first encounter with another Jedi in a few years now.

As Kade cleared the grass and entered a very slightly exposed area, he locked eyes with a woman standing right in front of him. She was what he had felt all this time. Shocked, he didn't know what to say. Thankfully she broke the silence by speaking first and offering a greeting and a bow. As soon as she introduced herself as a Master though, he felt much more comfortable with speaking. He returned the bow and introduced himself.

"It is good to see you, Master. Its been a very long time since I ran into another person.. nonetheless a Jedi, even longer a Jedi Master at that." he said, breaking eye contact for a moment because he truly didn't know the whereabouts of his former Master. Quickly though, he continued.

"I am Kade Seyta, I've been exploring this planet for quite some time now. My Master told me there was some sort of training I could find here and that we'd reunite here... Unfortunately I don't see him or have any sort of familiar feeling at all," he said with a sigh.

Weapon:
Lightsaber

"It is good to see you, Master. Its been a very long time since I ran into another person.. nonetheless a Jedi, even longer a Jedi Master at that."

Valery tilted her head at his answer, clearly surprised,
"You haven't seen anybody in a long time?" she blinked and looked around, into the jungle for a moment, "How long have you been in these jungles? They aren't exactly... safe," she said, but if he had been here for longer than even just a single day, he had definitely encountered some of the lethal fauna and flora.

The young Padawan then continued with an introduction, but the mention of a Master not returning to his side seemed to bring a frown to her features. Jedi were rarely sent here for training and when they were, it was always at the Temple, which was a safe place to be. So this story worried her, to say the least.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Padawan Seyta. I'm not quite sure who your Master is, but I'm sure I can figure it out with the records we have at the Temple. I also think you've been out here long enough by yourself, so why don't you join me and I'll get you a proper meal, some fresh clothes and we can talk a little more about your training?"

Time: Afternoon
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

"I've been out here for about..." he paused, trying to recollect what had happened to him while he was in the jungle.

"About a year and a half now." He continued. Clearly, this was the first time he actually thought about how long he was alone and the thought of what could have happened to him overwhelmed him. He began stammering over his words and took a breath to gather himself before speaking to the Master. He was clearly trying his best to keep his composure.

"I was about eighteen... nineteen maybe when my Master and I parted," he said, pausing for a second to take in the beauty around him, finally being comfortable and not looking over his shoulder into the forest every second. When he finished explaining himself, the Master invited him into the safety of the Temple to continue their conversation and discuss his Master's whereabouts as well as the completion of his training.

"A meal and some new robes would be great... Probably a good night's rest without some sort of lizard drooling over my face would work too." he mentioned, laughing while he followed the master into the temple.

Weapon:
Lightsaber

"A year and a half?" She seemed surprised and tried her best not to look overly shocked — he seemed to struggle with it all himself enough already. Especially the fact he had been separated from his Master for so long, which only worried the Jedi Master. To send a Padawan off on their own to learn and experience different things in the Galaxy was common practice these days, but to leave them alone without any contact for that long was unheard of.

She feared the worst had happened, but kept that to herself for now. Instead, she placed a comforting hand on Kade's shoulder and guided him through the last stretch of the forest until they reached the landing pad, where ground crews were maintaining a few shuttles Jedi could use to travel around. But she didn't stop there, and brought him directly into the rebuilt Temple halls, where large statues and fountains decorated the rooms like one would expect within a Jedi Temple.

"Let's get you something to eat first, so we can talk a little more. Then I'll show you a room you can use for your stay here, grab a nice shower and get as much rest as you want. I'll have clothing arranged and while you rest, I promise to look into your Master," Valery said with an almost motherly tone. To those who knew her, it was hardly surprising — as much as she was known to be one of the prominent fighters and leaders of the NJO, she was very caring towards Padawans.

The two then entered the mess hall, where she guided him to a seat at a table,
"They'll bring us a meal in a moment, so while we wait, let's talk a little more," she said with a smile, "How long have you been a Padawan already? And if there's anything more you want to share about your training, feel free to do so."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom