Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Befriending Nature (Je'gan Olra'en)

The forests of Alderaan were home to a massive variety of small creatures, from furry moths to red birds. Minna admired them as she strolled towards her usual meditation place; a clearing in the forest with a river running through. On the side of the river was a large, disc-shaped rock, on which Minna sat. She crossed her legs, closing her eyes and reaching out to the force. It was peaceful, quiet, undisturbed as usual. Until she felt a life-form coming closer. It was too large to be one of the moths or birds, so it could only be a person. Maybe they were lost, or just exploring the forests of the planet? Minna did not know, but she opened her eyes and waited to see if they reached the clearing.

She hoped they were friendly.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Minna"]

They weren't. Well, not precisely. Curious, ambivalent, and investigative, certainly. He dressed like a spacer these days, or some kind of fringe sheriff; the hat had been around for a couple of bodies now.

"Evening," he said, stepping out onto one of the river-rocks. He sat opposite Minna, sabre unlit in his lap. "My name's Olra'en, and I've got a few questions about Alderaan and the Forcers that call it home."

The man hadn't tried to kill her yet, so she took comfort in knowing that wasn't his initial plan. Well, atleast it seemed that way. She smiled as he sat down, nodding. "A pleasure to meet you, Minna, my name is. What are your questions, hmm?" Minna asked, her voice pleasant, as she enjoyed helping others. Although she was only an Apprentice, and her connection with the living force wasn't as strong as it was with her old teacher, Vulpesen, she could sense something about the man. She guessed it meant he had a strong connection with the force, although her feelings didn't just show that. The man looked old for a human, and she could see some wisdom in his eyes. "Answer to my best ability, I will."

[member="Je'gan Olra'en"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Minna"]

"Terrorism," he said. "In a word. There've been allegations made about mass murder by someone traced to Alderaan. That's who I'm hunting, though I know few details."

"Terrorism... Yes..." Minna nodded, placing her right index finger on her chin as she thought for a moment. "A massacre, there was. Some sort of speech. My master, she was there, but..." She paused for a moment, as she still had no idea where her master was. "Ever since then... Gone, she has been." It sounded as if she was accusing her own master, but a pang of doubt filled the Yodaling for a moment. "But, fight the terrorists, she did. Assure you she was not the instigator, I can." She added, lowered her gaze to the water. "Know much more, I do not. My apologies."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Minna"]

"I'm a mentalist, friend. I know what others are feeling. I would take your word for it -- but why the doubt?"

He removed his hat, placed it on his knee across from the unlit lightsabre. "I've known some gray Force-wielders who believed they were supposed to strike a balance between serenity and passion, and I've known some who tried to strike a balance between peace and random violence. The difference is largely a matter of impulse control. What kind was your Master, and what kind do you want to be?"

Minna looked up at the man in slight surprise. He could see right through her, so the only option seemed to be honesty. "A Jedi-in-training, I was, before I become a Grey. A Balance between serenity and passion, I hope to find. My master..." She paused for a moment, thinking about the memories she had seen in her master's mind on her telepathy lessons. "Struggle, Anger, Pain, her past is filled with. In solitude for a great time, she was. A Sith, she became... Afraid, I am, that I do not know my Master's intentions." The Yodaling fixed her gaze on the man. It seemed he too suspected her master, although Minna was quite certain it couldn't be Alexandra, since she was always peaceful and kind in their lessons. There were bigger suspects, like Darth Ferus. Unfortunately, the matter was a mystery to Minna, and so was her master's absence. She only had her friend, Veino, to teach her in the mean time, and her Knighthood trials could not begin until Alexandra returned. These seemed to be slow times...

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Minna"]

He too had been a Sith, but that was a long, long time ago, and there was no point in complicating the issue. "I find," he said, "that growth is more about actions than intentions or ideals. How did your Master teach you to act?"

"Wise words, indeed." She nodded, keeping her eyes on the man. "All of my masters, old and current, taught me to act with thought, and care. Think, before I act, the phrase is, hmm?" It was obvious he had alot to ask, so she remained quiet for the man to speak again, if he wanted to.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Minna"]
Je'gan restrained a grimace, but not well. "All the more to their condemnation, if they choose evil deliberately. But then again, none of us is perfect. The trick, I think, is in recognizing that individuals are both fallible and redeemable, the trick is in not hating or fearing them -- while still responding in sensible ways to their actions. Jedi who hate the Sith become Darksiders themselves, almost universally.

"You learn to fight, to make change -- what changes do you aim to make, who do you intend to fight?"

The questions truelly were thought-provoking, and it took Minna some time to think of her definate answer. "I aim to keep peace, through balance. Fight evil, I aim to. The only evil, Sith are not. Unfortunately, most of the time, they are the evil I must fight..." She tried not to sound hateful of the sith, since she didn't actually hate them. Instead, she simply disagreed with their motives...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom