Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Becoming a Sith War Droid (XR-617, Darth Erebos)

The droid darted his eyes around the area, but it wasn't like anyone could know that. His eyes were solid red, glowing dots. He was built much differently than any other droid, given the fact that his creator spent over thirty years on him. His cape was de-attached and placed off to the side. His head tilted to the side as he looked around. He took his slick lightsaber out of its holster. This was his first time holding it in his silver, metallic hands. He lifted it to get a better look at it, examining it. There was a slot for his fingers to wrap around the lightsaber, fitting perfectly. He couldn't ponder the fact that it was built for him to use, specifically for him.

XR-617 turned to see Darth Erebos, waiting there for him.

In a meditation posture Darth Erebos sat in the middle of the area, his eyes in the force closed as he instead focused inwards and into his other senses. A series of metallic clanks and whirs caught his attention and he opened his eyes in the force, nothing. 'A droid most likely.' He thought and gathered his hands as if he was shaping a ball in front of his abdomen, he was sitting in a meditative manner, and then he appeared to throw whatever he had been making into the air. He had used force echo, a skill of his own devising, and saturated the area in force energy and thanks to that the sleek metallic body of the droid came into his view.
"Who..." He stopped as he saw the droid holding onto a lightsaber in it's sleek, silvery hands. He stood up calmly, hood over his head and his eyes bound with a blindfold. "You are the one that asked for me to teach you?" He asked, his tone one of disbelief as he walked slowly towards the droid. Once he was a simple step away from the droid he placed his hand on it's body and poured the force into it, making sure he could see the droid clearly. It was both his strength and weakness, seeing through the force as he did, it allowed him to see what most others wouldn't but he missed things others wouldn't as well. Moving his hand back he moved one hand around his chest the other's elbow resting on the forearm the hand placed against his chin. "This is most unusual, a droid wishing to learn how to duel with a lightsaber..." He said, to enraptured with his own musings to really pay that much attention to [member="XR-617"] but his face was in such a position that made him seem like he was staring straight into the droids own faceplate.

"Yes...." he replied. XR-617 had no idea what he was at the time, even after 7 years of searching for a mentor. "I have seeked this ability for quite a while, now," He had a deep, scruffly voice. Although, behind it, there was the sound of a robotic machine, the true sound of him. "Whenever people see me...." he hesitated for whatever reason, "They run. They scream. Jedis attempt to assault me, the Sith question my existence. Everything, it seems, wants to become enemies with me... and I can tell that you are confused, as well."

He was completely oblivious as to what he was. He was a droid. He wasn't supposed to think, he wasn't supposed to feel.

"Well... do you believe you could teach me your own ways?" He holds his hand out to his side, his lightsaber revealing a red glow as he holds it at his side.

T'zanith smiled as he heard [member="XR-617"]'s reason for asking him. "Well I can but there will be..." He gestured with his hand in a circular wave. "Conditions if you will." He then said, this droid interested him immensely. As it turned it's Lightsaber on he took out his own, a gross-guard saber with a black core inside the red blade it emanated. "There will be a conditions you can agree to those you wish. Firstly I require a personal bodyguard/assassin for my purposes. Second I would like to use you as a teaching method against any apprentices I might hold in the future. Third You will serve me and help me train in my styles as well, in return for this condition I shall train you in a style of my own devising when I've perfected it as well as martial arts." He said as he brought his sword up so that it's twin guards emanated from the hilt fell to look as if his eyes would be positioned above them before he flicked it to the side. "The fourth and final condition is simple, serve me and I'll make sure other sith won't question your existence." He said a sly smirk appearing on his lips as he then pushed himself of the ground and seemed to float a few steps back before he stood on the ground again and pointed his saber towards [member="XR-617"] defiantly. "Which will you choose?" He then said his tone challenging but the droid should have realized that asking a sith for something always came at some cost, some costs were higher than others.

"Hmm" He replied. "Considering I've been searching for seven years, since the beginning of my "birth", if you could call it that. It's a deal."

T'zanith smiled wide and flicked his wrist to make his saber move in a circle at his side before he turned it off. "Excellent." He said in a tone that denoted both applause as well as triumph. "Then by all means we shall begin." He said as he gestured for [member="XR-617"] to take a stance and ignite his saber. "We will begin very slowly as I don't want either of us to cut one another as there aren't any training sabers available at this time." He explained and turned his own on and began to show the droid a few of the most basic of move sets, blocks and strikes that the lightsaber could do.

Some of these moves came naturally, others... not so much. But for the most part, he could easily perform many of the moves. He takes time to get used to the feeling in his hand. He spun the lightsaber above his head, seeing any other small things he could do. He waited for any further instructions.

T'zanith liked how fast the droid seemed to learn the moves, noticing what moves he had trouble with and provided simple advice when needed. Once he was sure the droid was sufficiently used to the saber and it's move sets he walked closer to it. "All right now we shall duel in slow motions, this will allow you to take in how my body moves as it executes the moves as well as allows you to get used to what takes place in a lightsaber duel." He said as he began moving, he wouldn't move in overt slow motion simply at the speed one would place his finger in front of someone and ask him to follow the finger as it moved from side to side. Not too slow and not to fast rather a good speed at which to get through all the moves and get [member="XR-617"] used to using them.

He countered all of the moves, but Erebos would have to stop himself anytime he came too close to hitting him. It was quite a while that they were both there, clashing lightsabers, swinging them around, just getting used to it. After a while, he became fond of the feeling of the hilt in his hands. It gave him an infallible grip onto the hilt, and it helped him to get used to it.

XR-617 didn't ever get dangerously close to getting a strike on him, but he was almost there. After about an hour, he surprisingly wasn't tired. He couldn't become​ tired. This gave him an unspoken advantage over anyone in the further fights he would have.

T'zanith kept going for an hour with the droid until he took a step back and gestured for the droid to to the same. "Now that I see you are used to the hilt let's teach you a form shall we? You will choose form 1 or 5 those are the ones I am confident in teaching at the moment." T'zanith said as he got ready, he would teach the droid through as safe a combat as actual combat could be, fast paced and hard strikes as if Darth Erebos was actually trying to kill [member="XR-617"], all to given him the feel of actual lightsaber combat and how it truly was. Once he had chosen a style T'zanith would immediately attack him with that style.

The droid chose form 1. It didn't matter to him, he was felt fulfilled enough that he was even learning the ways of the lightsaber. He quickly learned the form, perfecting it. He was lucky that he couldn't "forget it". He wasnt a human. He didn't have those​ kind of flaws. The droid would remember that for the rest of his time. They finally began the real duel, and XR-617 noticed how smooth and fluid it was in his hands. He swiftly spun it around, slashed, sliced, etc. He became fond of this weapon, and Darth Erebos himself. At times, he couldn't counter or block Erebos' attacks, but rather had to dodge​​ them. His slick body allowed him to be agile enough to move out of harm's way, along with his slender body. It was after about three or four minutes that he actually came close to getting a strike against his "opponent", but he hesitated to come any closer to show that he had the chance to hit. He wasn't supposed to do that.... Yea, he could feel some things, but not something as major as this...

They continued on anyways, the droid spinning with his saber in front of him, T'zanith blocking, and so on. XR liked the feeling of being in a battle. But one major flaw that he did have was his armor. It was built onto him, but if it was to come off, he's an easy target. He's weaker there, unbalanced, and fragile. He would soon find this out, but for now he worried about the main priority.​

T'zanith wasn't fighting at his true ability, an early life spent in training to be an assassin had taught him to never reveal everything at once lest your opponent get the upper hand over oneself. With a fluid motion he turned and tumbled over [member="XR-617"]'s back and brought his lightsaber to bear, stopping it just at his neck. To do this he had called upon the force but a little but it had been enough for his purpose. His opponent was very close to mastering the initial stages of the form and would then be at the same level of competency as T'zanith was in the form, he only needed to knwo what the form itself was about. "Form 1 Shii-cho is meant to be a randomizes series of attacks, ripostes, blocks and counters use that when you apply the form." He said as he turned his saber off and clipped it on his belt. "Also to fight a force user there are two things you will need, the first is surprise on your side. If you don't have this your best bet would be to run, The second is simple don't give your enemy the chance to focus to bring the force to bear upon you other wise you'll be scrap within seconds." T'zanith had brought a boulder from the area to hover above his hand as he then clenched his fist and shattered the boulder to emphasize his point.
If this droid was to become his personal assassin and bodyguard he'd need to be better trained in the arts of lightsaber wielding, his chassis could also be enchanted by his new master as well, but for that T'zanith would need proof of unquestioning loyalty from the droid or good reason to place his trust upon it, neither was easy to do in T'zanith's case.

"Ah, yes," he replied, "Now, what next?" Again, he had the advantage of not being able to forget things. This allowed him to be able to master things easier and more efficiently.

Darth Erebos

T'zanith looked at the droid curiously, such a hunger for learning was something he found in himself, mirrored in the droid it seemed. "You will train now against blaster fire." He said as he whipped his wrist at a large box inside the room and a couple of remotes hissed as they moved into the air and began to circle around [member="XR-617"] almost menacingly. "Their shots would make a human jerk in pain but with you I suspect you won't feel it at all but none the less you will begin with one and until you can block all three in their beginner setting then I shall conclude this training session done. After wards we shall go to Mindbaal and you will aid me in my mission there." He said with a smile as he pressed the comlink on his wrist to signal to his ships crew to get the ship ready.

He picked up on this fairly easily, as he could easily find out where to place the saber based on where it came from. He was efficient in that, being a droid. He blocked the first one. It bounced off his saber. The next one nearly hit him, so he had to move out of the way. He tried again, getting stopped by the second shot again. He observed the pattern, acing the shot the next time. It ricochet off the glowing saber and flew into the air. After failing twice, he was determined, and easily ricochet the bullet off, but made a dangerous choice. In stead of staying in place, he sliced towards it, as it slid right off, disentigrating after flying a few feet.

T'zanith observed the droid, it was a curious thing to see it block the first shot. He used the help of the force to block blaster shots with the efficiency he, himself had achieved. The droid would need raw skill to be even proficient in blocking blaster shots and it would take it a while to reach that level, if it ever did. "Perhaps I could make it a shard..." He mumbled to himself as he was reminded of the force sensitive crystal based life forms that used robotic bodies to interact with the world around them. With a slight smirk he turned on the second of the three remotes and directed it to attack [member="XR-617"] the droid would learn that to serve T'zanith it would have to learn to adapt, and fast.

He was close to being overwhelmed, but collected himself, having to dodge multiple shots, but being able to still deflect many of them. He acted faster, which helped him. He just needed a small push of exhiliration to help him. After a few minutes, it became more blocking than dodging. He learned to be aware of all of his surroundings, or else it would cost him. He deflected more of the blaster shots before one finally hit him, and he learned right then that he could feel pain. He ran around some, looking back to dodge and ricochet shots.

T'zantih smirked and activated the last remote and sent it against [member="XR-617"] to see how well he would hold up against all three remotes after it was obvious that the droid could feel pain. "Quite interesting Indeed..." He said as he brought his hand up to gently massage his chin while the arms elbow rested against the other arm slung around his upper chest. "You better hold up through this, otherwise you will be of no use to me in the future." He said, he hoped the droid would then run on the assumption he'd get rid of him if he was useless to him, a wrong assumption but a useful one to T'zanith.

This drove him to do better, work faster and more diligently. He easily ricochete many of them, but some were also unstable. He would always make sure to hit the point of the blaster shot square on, or else it would slide off the saber and most likely afflict even more pain. He ducks down, with his saber spinning over his head, having half a dozen shots bounce off of it. He concluded it with a jump, spinning to the direction of the next shot. He didn't quite know how he was doing so well, but he didn't care, partially because he couldn't care at the moment. He couldn't lose focus for even a split second, or he would go down, becoming a pile of scrap metal. Darth Erebos had a crew of men with him, many of them sitting back, watching. He continued to counter more of the blasters.

T'zanith kept massaging his chin as he thought every thing through. The droid showed promise to be sure but it was clear that it was simply reacting not anticipating the shots. The men around them had begun betting against the droid, this amused T'zanith... to a degree. "I'll have to teach him form 5 shiien then." T'zanith said right as he got a comlink signal saying his ship was ready to depart. "[member="XR-617"] Come we are leaving, I will continue your training on my ship." He called to the droid as he waved his hand and the remotes retreated into the box they had previously come out of. A look to the men around him and they moved to take the box with them as T'zanith decided to guide the droid to his ship. "You made the mistake of reacting instead of Anticipating the shots, you must always be thinking and be ahead of your enemies." He said before he chuckled a little. "Plans within plans."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom