Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beatdown Level: Grandmaster [Tion Hegemony]

[member="Darth Janus"] [member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Jacen Cavill"] [member="Darth Kentarch"]

Gentlemen of the Inner Circle-

I'm sending you a file for your immediate attention. It's mostly customs declarations, security records, and speech pattern analyses. There's no proof in it, but I think that, like me, you'll begin to field the strong suspicion that Silk Holdings CEO Selka Ventus -- with whom many of us do business -- is an alias for former Jedi Grandmaster Je'gan Olra'en, once known as Darth Shule.

I've also attached the medical records of a woman I believe to be the original Selka Ventus. She suffered head trauma in the Republic destruction of Ahto City, like Ventus, but unlike the individual we know as Ventus, the patient never woke up. She is in a private care facility, paid for by a numbered trust fund almost six centuries old. I've investigated and found her mind viable; I believe Olra'en adopted her identity and her memories, and was unable or unwilling to wake her. I believe I'm capable of using Sith magic to make her mind whole the hard way.

I believe Je'gan Olra'en needs to die for the following reasons. First, he considered Darron Wraith a brother, and Wraith's execution by our associate will have sent Olra'en searching for his killer. Second, he's too close to us, and may already have picked up on our scent. He is, after all, an apex mentalist as well as an apostate Fallanassi Elder. I've attached testimonials from his engagement with the Fringe. Third, we have an opportunity here, not just for a strike against the Jedi (for those who find such things desirable) but an opportunity to exchange the aforementioned risks for a major boon. The original Selka Ventus, if I can revive her, is an AgriCorps washout from the slums of Metellos, a woman who would do anything to get ahead and stay alive -- and a woman with a downright Krath-like aptitude for Force artifacts. If revived and recruited by us, if she finds herself in control of a galaxy-spanning corporation, if she finds herself with access to the right materials and assets, we make a very influential and wealthy friend in place of a very dangerous enemy. There is also the chance that we'll be able to take equal shares of what I'm told is Olra'en's very comprehensive archive.

May I direct your attention to next week's Tionese Investors' Circle Semi-Annual Retreat at Lake Cordumere Chalet, Rudrig. The location is isolated, in unclaimed territory. If we clear the chalet through subtle means, and keep renovation contractors on standby to repair all damage as quickly as possible, we may be able to take out a Grandmaster. I will be standing by with the real Selka Ventus, preparing to activate her. I'll also be the one to handle [member="Danger Arceneau"], who will likely be in attendance. She and I go back a very long way. I should also mention that Je'gan Olra'en is a body-trader, with dozens of recorded deaths. As a result, the killing blow must come from Kryptus' sword Daesumnor, or one of the two guns I have available.

Don't construe this as me attempting to give you orders. Most of you are worth more than me and have been doing this longer than I have. But you've been patient with my plan, and this is the next element -- not in a form I foresaw, but perfectly suited to the plan nonetheless. May I have your assistance?

-R

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
R,

Only had to ask, I am in.

-J

------

A week later Ovmar found himself at the retreat which Rave spoke of, somewhere around ‘ere the rest of the meatly gang would make an appearance and take out Merrill’s target, probably. Hopefully.

Wasn’t much to say really, at the moment the Lord of the Fringe was busy getting himself a drink and making small chit-chat while keeping subtle look out for Ventus. His mind went back to that one meeting they had, and the fact that he had asked an eight hundred-year old guy on a date.

Not his brightest moment.

Then again, most of the time before he died was.. pretty yeah.

Anyway.

Ovmar took a sip from his wine, and waited for the other guests to arrive.

[member="Rave Merrill"] [member="Darth Janus"] [member="Jacen Cavill"] [member="Darth Kentarch"]

[member="Jared Ovmar"] | [member="Rave Merrill"]

With as little fanfare and distinction as possible, Tyrin Ardik had arrived at the chalet for the meeting. The place was moderately packed with investors of different sorts. All of which were human. Tionese rarely bred with near-humans, preferring their bloodlines remain pure. A good thing that an elderly Umbaran such as himself was indistinguishable from older human males. Albeit just ones with pale complexions. The Umbaran Sithling was out of his normal cloaked and masked attire, plus whatever signature he had in the Force was kept carefully repressed. That would have drawn far too much attention. Instead he was merely garbed in the regalia of a typical Tionese businessperson. His thinning, white hair kept slicked back and his facial hair kept neatly trimmed. Definitely nothing to attract attention. He didn't even have his lightsaber.

He wasn't intending to stay for very long.

Tyrin silently walked over to Ovmar, standing beside the lecherous CEO. A sever walked by, affording him the opportunity to snag a champagne glass. Tyrin did not drink, but it was more suspicious to stand around empty-handed. Thus far he had not sighted Ventus (or Je'gan, rather) among the party. He hoped that meant the Grandmaster had not seen him either. The last time they had met, there had only been humiliation. Looking back, however, the fact that he had used Ewoks as projectiles had made everything worth it. Tyrin would not risk another humiliating defeat just for some feeling as paltry as vengeance.

"You're looking well, Ovmar." Tyrin remarked out loud.

In actuality he was broadcasting an inquiry directly to Jared's mind. Namely, How are we getting these people out of here?

In the darkened cabin of Kentarch's infiltrator, the Sith's holo-terminal came to life. A voice audio from [member="Rave"] Merill with several attachments about key figures who's interests had fallen within the path of Inner Circle's little conspiracy began to play. For a moment, the Sith Lord who was Kentarch merely did nothing but waited in a meditated state. Finally after the audio played, his head shrouded in the darkness of his cloak, rose to look at the holo-terminal. With a wave of his hand, the terminal displayed the files Rave had spoken of, and Kentarch looked over each with great detail. "Opportunity indeed, but our ground is shrinking." Kentarch said to himself.

He reflected for a moment on the recent turn of events. Then activating the terminal communication system, he spoke in a recorded audio file. "What do you mean handle Danger Arceneau? With so many important figures who stand against us, a trail of corpses will only reveal us to the galaxy at large. I prefer the Jedi and that little silver sect remain ignorant of our activities." He sent the reply to Rave, then stood. He made his way to the cockpit and looked at the droid pilot. "Were heading back to Lianna, and in another week Rudrig. Chart a course and get the ship moving." He said taking seat in the copilots chair. Slowly the ship ascended into the atmosphere of Ession and blasted off into space. Kentarch grimaced to himself, he hated meetings.

A week later, at the Tionese Investors' Circle Semi-Annual Retreat at Lake Cordumere Chalet, a handsome blonde hair man arrived on a lavish shiny space yatch made in Naboo. He had dressed in the style of any Alderaan noble, with green colored robes, and the fancy medals and ribbons that accompanied it. His story was more than typicak, Lord Prometheon a minor noble from the Republic who now did business in the Allied Tion Sector after a successful business venture on Ession. This was a ruse, an illusion known to only those who saw the man as Darth Kentarch. However in typical paranoid fashion, he engaged the other guests in small talk, not willing to speak to his fellow force users just yet.

[member="Darth Kentarch"]

Arceneau is a friend, a business partner, and a minority shareholder of Silk. She's purchased enough lightsabre-resistant materials from me to outfit a small army, and she detests deception. I guarantee she'll keep her mouth shut once I explain the Jedi situation properly. If worse comes to worst, I'm sure Ovmar can massage her memory. Don't worry, Kentarch -- discretion is my first priority.

ONE WEEK LATER
TIONESE INVESTORS' CIRCLE SEMI-ANNUAL RETREAT
LAKE CORDUMERE CHALET, RUDRIG

[member="Danger Arceneau"]
One of AEL's executive aides was the vector for an elaborate gift, a greel-wood chest holding three items. The first was a Warden Cloak, tailored to Danger's measurements. Soft, expensive red cloth, impregnated with a stupid amount of cortosis dust. The second was a tasteful, fashionable taozin amulet in the shape of a cloak brooch. The third was a file.

The file, once perused, would be revealed to contain a wide variety of customs declarations, security logs, after-action reports, speech pattern analyses, and medical records. More than enough for Danger to verify, and more than enough to make it clear that the pattern was comprehensive.

The file ended with a note.

He's a rogue Jedi Grandmaster with a history of mass violence, treason, and mental manipulation. He's deceiving you and us. Be careful tonight, Miz Arceneau, and play your cards right. But then, you always do.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
More and more people were joining the event and yet there was no sign of the guest of honor. Or perhaps he was already among them, and they just hadn’t realized it yet. When Ardik walked up to him and started a conversation, Ovmar nodded to him in a greet.

“Ardik, glad to see you in good health.”

Which was quickly followed by a message of the mental kind of his own. “Waiting for Cavill to arrive first, I have a special surprise waiting for the crowd. Once Cavill is here, I will mentally enforce the suggestion to go and enjoy it. That will hopefully clear out the place.”

[member="Rave Merrill"] [member="Darth Kentarch"] [member="Darth Janus"] [member="Jacen Cavill"]

[member="Darth Janus"] | [member="Jared Ovmar"] | [member="Darth Kentarch"]

"Speak of the devil, and he shall appear." With that, a man dressed like Cade Lee walked right up between the pair. He had received the message from their mutual friend, and a Mirari droid was standing in the back with a large case. Inside it was Daesumnor, and a few other artifacts that he was about to put on. His assembled entourage pushed on through the masses of the crowd, and his blue eyes were already changing colors during the course of the conversation. The ring on his finger was already put in the pocket of his rather nice suit, and underneath was a layer of armorweave.

"Ovmar, it's good to see you. I look forward to seeing what you can do, I've heard only good things." Taking a glass of wine from one of the attendants, he shook Jared's hand before looking over at the Umbaran. Making sure no one was paying attention. "Oh, and Tyrin, a present for you from my trip to Umbara." Reaching into his pocket, he pulled a napkin out and handed it to him.

"Oh Thelon sure was a nice guy, he didn't like what happened though." Cavill unwrapped the napkin for the fellow Umbaran Sith, revealing the man's finger.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Darth Janus"] | [member="Jared Ovmar"] | [member="Darth Kentarch"]

After Jacen joined the party a chiss also wandered over to the group of Sith, wearing typical Chiss Clothing and no identifiable weapons. With a bottle of scotch in his hand he placed it on the table and pulled up a chair, despite any protests the Sith Lords might have given.

"Cavil?, Ovmar? Tryin? Are you really stupid enough to use your real names out in the open like that?" He said, before turning to Cavill. "Then again, you didn't notice that your personal terminal has had a speed decrease of .483% in the past few weeks so I suppose I should expect carelessness." The Chiss said before taking a large sip of his scotch. Valik didn't particularly like drinking as it was an activity that hindered his intellect, but clever use of Art of the Small didn't only hide his Force Signature, but removed the alcohol content of what he was drinking. While he was drinking it. A useful trick, and helped one blend in while keeping ones facilities.

"I trust you all have a countermeasure prepared for the albino stream? This'll be far easier if you do."

[member="Jared Ovmar"] | [member="Jacen Cavill"] | [member="Valik"]

If Tyrin was a lesser Sith, he would have lost it then and there. There was a significant drop in composure regardless, a twitch of the eye was enough to signify that, a sudden pulse of uneasiness that would probably alert Je'gan and jeopardize the mission. All because Cavill was choosing now, of all times, to torment him. Tyrin had not intended to be here very long, but now that the fingers of his relatives were being presented to him in napkins, it seemed this outing was going to last a little longer than usual.

Patience. Professionalism. A willingness to rise above. Vengeance at a more opportune time.

Then Valik showed up, but he really didn't have time to listen to this kind of spiel. Who the hell invited this guy?

"What is it that you want, Cavill?" He said, ignoring the alchemist and probably cutting him off mid-sentence.

[member="Jared Ovmar"], [member="Jacen Cavill"], [member="Valik"], [member="Darth Janus"], [member="Rave Merrill"]

An elegantly dressed woman whose papers would identify her as Marita Couvarrabias, who was active in the mining business and an investor in Saelari Mining and Minerals, was at the party, exchanging pointless pleasantries with a number of aristocrats and businessmen while sipping at a glass of champagne. Keen eyes were watching the display as certain interesting individuals filed in and made themselves at home. Truth be told she had been here for quite a while, but had not immediately walked over in order to avoid arousing suspicion.

As a matter of fact there had been a Ms Couvarrabias at one point. Assuredly she would be in no position to complain about her identity being hijacked. The woman who wore her face had seen to that. As for Saelari Mining, it had its uses as well. She noted the 'interesting people' who had arrived. The Merrill and the Tion Hegemony certainly did not disappoint. She had worked with Ovmar, the Lord of the Fringe before, likewise aided Valik in acquiring a Sithspawn and test subjects for his experiments. Assuredly he had created something delightful and terrible with it.

For now she kept up a moderately pointless conversation with a Count from Serenno who seemed to think the fact that those 'savage Mandalorians' had annexed his planet was something that needed to be constantly droned on about. Come to think of it, since apparently Serenno was filled with counts how big could their estates really be? The human Moira had found aristocrats tremendously annoying. She would have probably agreed with her replicant that this particular specimen was not worthy of processing, only of being purged. But patience was key and so she blended in, for now.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Darth Janus"] [member="Jacen Cavill"] [member="Moira Skaldi"] [member="Valik"]

Interesting little crowd over there. Unknown Chiss, maybe from one of those Unknown Regions conglomerates that Fringe does so much business with. Unknown Tionese noble. And the two facilitators -- Ovmar of Santhe/Sienar and Lee of BlasTech. Ovmar has never bothered to go for a double identity, he's just kept his Santhe ownership moderately quiet. But I watch the auction circuit, and I know why he throws that money around. I even met with him over our joint subsidiary, Consolidated Bacta. He and Lee have been facilitating Fringe-space business for years.

I double-check that those memories are backed up -- a loose metaphor, but not too loose -- and adjust what I'm wearing, just slightly. Hem rises, decolletage expands, waist narrows just a hair. A test of sorts, a subtle one, but also a useful tool in other ways. Ovmar is known for a certain kind of female companionship, and Lee's a noted bachelor too.

"Evening, gentlemen. Mr. Lee, Mr. Ovmar, I'm not sure I've been introduced to your friends."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
A lot of things happened at the same time, which happened ironically a lot these days. Ovmar took Jacen’s hand and gave it a firm shake, he had come to respect the man and over the time they had established a good working relationship.

“I will try and not disappoint, Cavill. Good to see you made it here.”

Of course, then Jacen decided it was a good idea to flash a severed finger in Ardik’s face. Which was a tad tasteless in Ovmar’s opinion, but it wasn’t really his business. Don’t get me wrong, Ovmar liked Ardik. They too had a good business relationship, but some things you just don’t get mixed up in.

So he continued to look around, make sure nobody noticed the damn severed finger. Until Jacen finally made it vanish again, nobody had noticed. Then a Chiss decided to speak to ‘em about stupid things, Valik of course. Who else.

Ovmar was about to retort, when.. Selka walked up to them. His face was impassive for a moment, but then he flashed ‘her’ one of his grins. Fact was simple, Ovmar wasn’t the man he once was, not so much a womanizer anymore. Adding to that was the fact that he knew that she was actually a he. Didn’t mean he would give it away now.

So he acted perfectly natural, and how Selka assumed the eternal bachelor would react. A quick glance as the bosom, which was hidden badly in a subtle cough. Again a sly smile, and then him gently taking Selka’s hand in his and giving it a soft kiss.

“My Lady Selka, radiant as ever. Of course, you know Mister Lee. This here is Archibald Ardik, a wealthy Count of Serenno and that is Mister Zem'ivaos'haegai. An upcoming scientist who is in the progress of making an alternative to Stri'agra.”

His tongue pronounced the Chiss’ name without missing a beat,and after he was done making the introductions he took a step back and sipped from his drink. This would be interesting.

[member="Selka Ventus"] [member="Moira Skaldi"] [member="Darth Janus"] [member="Valik"] [member="Jacen Cavill"] [member="Darth Kentarch"]

Jared Ovmar, [member="Darth Janus"], Valik, Darth Janus, Rave Merrill

"Listen Ardik, it's simple. You apologize for what you did, and let me have an afternoon with something." He of course was referring to the Telos holocron, and the serious expression on his face hinted he meant business. Slipping his "present" for Tyrin into the man's breast pocket, he glared at the man talking about his computer systems. Changing my entire systems hardware out as soon as this is over. Another woman approached, and then [member="Selka Ventus"] approached.

"Ms. Ventus, these are associates. Friends are a luxury people of our stature can't afford."

Smoke would rise to the meet the chill of the outside air, no other partner in sight for the normally social Trade Queen. Overlooking the hills and valleys dipped with pockets of lakes, Danger Arceneau stood quietly 'pon the wide balcony of the event hall. Behind her the melodic sounds of music and chatter of the Tionese and Corporate heads would dance within the shell of her ears, tempting the butterfly to come hither and mingle.

A glass of Corellian Gold would slowly rock within it's confines as those vibrant emerald eyes would go narrowing upon the landscape. Her thoughts were hers and hers alone, but they came with a heavy burden and a price. Decisions and choices. Profit and the pros and cons.

Most of all though, came the rather irritating knowledge of one who would pull the wool over the eyes of so many. And for what? For that matter, what irked her more was the whereabouts of the real Selka and the state she was in.

Them feline eyes would turn to slits. Momma ain't raised no fool. There was a process to this, and much in the same manner that Spenser and Ashiin had discovered for themselves.

Ain't right to lay a woman as a victim of consequence merely for a man to hide himself from the galaxy.

Just ain't right.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Selka Ventus"] [member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Jacen Cavill"] [member="Darth Janus"] [member="Darth Kentarch"] [member="Moira Skaldi"]

Valik caught Jacen's glare but could only smile in return. The man would probably update his systems after a comment like that. Gave him something to do in his off-time. Bugging offices was a nice hobby. Future activities would stay unplotted however as the Silk CEO headed over. The shrinking of her waistline was unnoticed by the scientist as he and his disguise held much in common. Like the Chiss people Valik wasn't of the very emotional sort, and didn't waste time with cursory glances over the more suggestive area's of the body. His eyes looked only for weapons, but found none. Though, if the woman was the mentalist that Rave had described hiding a lightsaber, or a blaster, or an explosive for that matter wouldn't have been a difficult task. She recognized Cavill and Ovmar, but not Tyrin or Valik it seemed as she asked for introduction. Ovmar, quick on his feet, introduced him as a man producing an alternative to Stri'agra. He could work with that.

"Yes, I do a bit of work for Pharmatech in the chemicals department. The stri'agra alternative isn't my only work, but it makes the credits I suppose. We're actually beginning product testing now, so if you'd like I could set you up with some wonderful enhancers. I'm not particularly fond of these 'emotions' that the galaxy seems keen on, but if you're going to feel them, why not feel them at their best? Their extremes? Magnify the experience?" He pitched, mixing parts between salesman and scientist. He doubted the Silk CEO would oblige, but if she did then Valik would have quite the upper hand.

[member="Jared Ovmar"], [member="Selka Ventus"]s, [member="Valik"], [member="Jacen Cavill"], [member="Darth Janus"]

Moira was, all things considered, not a needlessly cruel person. This assessment may come as a surprise to the dear reader given that her plans were geared towards committing galactic omnicide to wipe out all sentient life and in general commit other unpleasant acts that involved homicide. What with being a war criminal, a terrorist and not having anything like a conscience. However, while the processing...process ultimately resulted in the organic being killed, this was accomplished through a lethal injection while the subject was sedated.

The actual processing was noninvasive and did not cause any pain for the sedated subject. Admittedly the entechment procedure in which the soul of an organic was torn out of its body was extremely painful, but since the organic would also be sedated they would not feel it. Mind you, not for any moral reasons or concern for them, but simply because causing needless pain was illogical and in any case their screams were not conducive to a good working environment. However, she was experiencing certain violent desires of a decidedly sadistic nature when it came to her current conversation partner. Such feelings were not logical but she was reasonably certain that she could make an exception in this case.

"I am a man of the world, but this is truly deplorable. To think that these vagabonds, these unwashed cavemen should claim dominion over our world, which for millennia has stood as a bastion of culture. Why, even the simplest points of etiquette and diplomacy escape them. The only language these brutes understand is that of their beskad. It is shameful that the Republic did not mete out retribution when that disgraceful Mia Monroe woman dropped a fleet above their capital. No due process, no culture, only the rule of the jungle. If Count Dooku were here..."

Moira was reasonably certain that Dooku would probably crush the foppish aristocrat's throat if he were here. For her part she was likewise certain that in a blur she could reach out and punch through his chest with such force to tear the annoying organic's heart out. He was, this she was sure, on the list of organics who could perhaps not be improved by processing. Best not try it, lest his whininess infect the Collective.

"Why, yes, it is truly deplorable. It makes it more urgent that those with the necessary intellect and pedigree stand together. A rampaging horde can conquer an empire by the sword, but not rule it," she said, her infiltration protocols finding a suitable way to blend in while trolling him. She had, in fact, not remained blind to the proceedings at the table of Sith Masters, whom apparently Selka Ventuss, alias Je'gan the White Current Lord, had joined. She did not shoot glances at them, for that would have looked suspicious, but with her enhanced hearing she could pick up on the conversation without arousing attention. 'Selka' did not appear armed, but then again an apex level illusionist could probably easily hide a lightsabre or a blaster or anything else with no difficulty. For now everyone at the table was still playing the game, so she did not interfere. She would know when the time to strike had come.

"Truly," the aristo said solemnly as if he were saying something particularly profound. Given the way he was pontificating she doubted anyone would care if she snapped his neck. "It is good meet someone who understands the importance of our message," he declared pompously as he drank his glass of champagne. As a matter of fact he had drunk plenty of those. "What was the business you were involved in again? Mining?"

"Yes, precisely. Saelari Mining and Minerals. It is a growing company, particularly involved in platinum mining and refinfement and based on Pylos. A planet where they still respect the old values and have not fallen prey to this failed notion of mass democracy. Former Chancellor Saelari heads it."

"I read her memoirs. The Betrayed Hope: The Life and Times of Aurelia Saelari. Truly an inspiring woman with such charisma and fortitude! In those days the Republic was worth serving. As reprehensible as this idea of 'democracy' is, the lower classes knew their place and even the Jedi were kept on a tight leash. I would be interested in investing in this company. Best to make sure that my wealth is not concentrated on Serenno, as much as it pains me to say. Accord or no accord, I do not trust them not to leave us paupers..."

"There's no telling when the Mandalorians might not decide to confiscate it," Moira finished for him. "We would be delighted to be involved with your family. Speaking confidentially, in these troubled times, I have certain...connections that could help you make sure that these brutes never deprive your noble house of your rightful inheritance. There is a certain offshore bank called Mammon..."

She would ensure that every single credit he transferred to it got...lost...and after some loops and turns got wired somewhere far more...socially useful...

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Darth Janus"] [member="Jacen Cavill"] [member="Valik"]
Others: [member="Danger Arceneau"] [member="Moira Skaldi"] [member="Darth Kentarch"]

Jared Ovmar said:
“My Lady Selka, radiant as ever. Of course, you know Mister Lee. This here is Archibald Ardik, a wealthy Count of Serenno and that is Mister Zem'ivaos'haegai. An upcoming scientist who is in the progress of making an alternative to Stri'agra.”

Jacen Cavill said:
"Ms. Ventus, these are associates. Friends are a luxury people of our stature can't afford."

Valik said:
"Yes, I do a bit of work for Pharmatech in the chemicals department. The stri'agra alternative isn't my only work, but it makes the credits I suppose. We're actually beginning product testing now, so if you'd like I could set you up with some wonderful enhancers. I'm not particularly fond of these 'emotions' that the galaxy seems keen on, but if you're going to feel them, why not feel them at their best? Their extremes? Magnify the experience?"

Ovmar -- pause, infinitesimal. Kissed hand, trying too hard. A touch of hostility from Cavill. A clinical, thorough once-over from the Chiss. All in all, it felt off, just enough that she was on her guard. But considering everything about her was illusory, tells and other mortal limits on lying didn't quite apply.

"Well, Stri'agra certainly proved there's a market," she said. Ovmar was a known Sith Lord and the name 'Ardik' rang one too many bells, so she directed a very gentle probe at the Chiss and at Cavill, searching for wariness or malice.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Selka Ventus"] [member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Darth Janus"] [member="Jacen Cavill"]

Overall Valik didn't have the greatest of mental defenses, not properly training in such since his days with Tirdarius. The chances of the Apex Mentalist finding malice from Valik however was slim, as Valik himself was not a very rageful individual. Though anger could grant one strength he believed intellect was a greater weapon, to enhance one's judgement rather than cloud it. Though he did hold a scorn for Jedi, such as their target Je'gan, it was more in a political or academic sense than the hatred many Sith felt. Quite simply their notions of protecting the weak, coddling them and allowing to remain in their mediocrity was abhorring and incorrect from a philosophical standpoint. At least Valik's philosophical standpoint that is.

Wariness however, would likely be detected in spades. Valik by nature was a very paranoid man. His work was brilliant, peerless, and not bound by the 'morality' of others, and as such was a subject other scientists would wish to steal, and 'humanitarians' would wish to destroy. Plus he was dealing with perhaps the galaxy's best mentalist since . . . he didn't know when, but at that point the matter was self-evident. An unfamiliar territory with a possibly unseen foe, as Valik realized before coming that a mentalist of such caliber could be watching them from outside a window, project Mrs. Ventus into all of their minds from afar. Then again he'd heard the Fringe High Councillor Ovmar was a mentalist, so perhaps he'd be able to offer them some defense. In any case it was not inaccurate to say that Valik was mentally on the edge of his seat. Such was typical for him anyways, but as Ventus didn't know that it would still likely raise alarms.

"Indeed. Is Silk looking to expand into a chemicals division by chance? I wouldn't mind getting out from the thumb of Blas-Tech if that were the case, or at least I would if Blas-Tech didn't get me another raise by the end of the quarter." He joked in possibly the only way a Chiss could, by lacing it with passive remarks to better one's bargaining position. It'd likely gain a scowl from the blaster-king later, but such was the price of staying in character.

[member="Jared Ovmar"], [member="Darth Janus"], [member="Jacen Cavill"]

Kentarch or Lord Arkantos Prometheon, did his best not to draw attention to himself. Although the nature of his work helped him do just that. Since he left Ession a dozen calls came in on vital financial information, as well as several raw material shipments moving across the Outer-Rim. Kentarch responded in the usual fashion, playing the information useful to him close to the chest, then took the time to sell the intel on supply chain movements that were not beneficial to his enterprises back to some smugglers and pirates from the Triellus Trade Route. But that was how the Sith Lord operated, there was no such thing as a free market. By the end of the week, the ships of his business rivals would have vanished. And he could use this knowledge to bet against the market, making his pay check fat in the process.

It then occurred to him that he was here to do a job. And that was kill somebody. And while the other members of the Tion conspiracy were now here, working on this assassination would be the thing to do. Although how they planned to pull this off in a middle of corporate retreat filled with the galaxy's business elite around them was totally beyond him.

"Markets?" Kentarch said from behind [member="Selka Ventus"]. "Forgive me I hate to intrude. My name is Arkantos. I run Dolos out of Ession. We are a..." Kentarch stopped to find the words. "A consultant group, we analyze all measures of financial information from money velocity to credit default swaps, as well making investment and market research. If you ever need to advise on where to expand from the New Territories, The Borderlands, The Slice, to The Nothern Dependencies, my company is the company to go to." He cut in quickly, but his tone was friendly enough, and he rambled on about recent economic trends for another minute or two before fishing his business card out of his pocket. Handing it to Ventus.

Jared Ovmar Darth Janus [member="Selka Ventus"] Valik
Others: Danger Arceneau Moira Skaldi Darth Kentarch

Instead of flashing his anger, he buried his senses further while making a mental note to skewer Valik when he got the chance. Instead of joining the conversation, he walked away from the group and put his drink down. Standing by the table, he ignored people as they came up to speak to him. Rather, he worked intensely on answering a few emails while making sure that the stock prices were still doing fine. His guard had his weapons ready, and the time for the battle would come soon.

Dear Dustile,

I need you to begin an entire sweep of all offices for bugs, as well as replace all of our operating software. I'd also like you to increase Warren Valik's salary, double what he's making now.

Cade Lee

That bit of business done, he picked up some wine and had another sip, the formalities almost over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom