Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Beat Cop Strip

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Running around on Denon wasn't anything new. Doing so without a mask though, that was. Iris let out a sigh as she walked, not ran, down the street. Under the night sky. In one hand a datapad to scan through the various reports she'd been working on. Taking what she already had and using it to route out the corruption within the local law enforcement. The Corpos. Way easier said than done. Beating up the drug dealers was way easier than this fact finding.

Just as important, though.

She let out a sigh as she tucked the datapad away and took a sip of her caf. She was in street clothes. No running around as a blatant Jedi, not yet. Not until she at least touched base with the local cops. If they were corrupted, if it was all or just a few, didn't matter. She was here to play by the rules this time. Shouldn't go wrong, though, right? This should be fine.

Marissa Shoda Marissa Shoda

cyberpunk-game-police-sci-fi-wallpaper-thumb.jpg
DENON | SEVEN CORNERS DISTRICT
TAGS: Iris Arani Iris Arani
majfiZZ.png
Police sirens wailed as the armoured police van chased after a souped up speeder, flanked by two other cruisers in the chase through the skylanes of Denon. Red and blue lights lit up the area while blaster bolts zoomed back and forth between the vehicles.

Marissa gripped the wheel of the van tightly as she moved to stay right on the speeder’s rear. After a number of evasive turns, the pursuit was dangerously close to the walkways and streets of the district. A rocket burst from the suspect vehicle, smashing into one of the cruisers before a massive ball of fire consumed the vehicle. The wreckage crashed into a building, leaving Marissa and her comrades frozen in shock for a moment. ”That’s it! Get on the cannon. Set for EMP!” She called out. A few moments later, bright blue bolts flew at the suspect speeder.

One finally caught it, sending the vehicle crashing into a walkway below. Marissa swung around and landed the van a few meters from the disabled vehicle and burst out with her rifle at the ready, followed closely by a squad of other armoured officers. The streets became a warzone as a firefight broke out between the police and criminals, though nobody managed to move.

”Flashbang out!” She called out as she tossed a grenade at the criminals. The moment the deafening boom and blinding light sounded off, the officers moved in with rifles dropping any suspects still trying to fight back.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

And like that everything went to hell.

Iris blinked in surprise as the colors flashed an all too familiar danger. Without hesitation she grabbed the person she was just walking beside and jumped. right out of the way of the speeder. The Padawan set the poor guy down before immediately taking off in a run. Gunfire. A crash. Her eyes narrowed as she leapt over the growing, panicked crowd. From lamppost to fire escape. All to try and follow.

Thankfully it was an easy thing to do. Given the speeder took a crash just close by. She hopped down, just beside the police. If she was here, she should help.

"Padawan Arani! Tell me where I can help!"

The street was pandemonium as the police and gangsters fired back and forth at each other. Stray bolts hit a few bystanders, causing panic around them and inciting a stampede. Numerous people were trampled as the civilians tried to get away from the carnage. To make matters worse, one of the civilians seemingly just dropped in between a few of the officers.

"Pallet of salami... what?!" One of the officers spoke up as he briefly glanced at the young woman. "Karkin' focus, Jackson!" His comrade snapped at him before he pushed up. Marissa grabbed hold of the girl and practically tackled her behind a cruiser. "This is a karkin' warzone, civilian! Stay down!" Her digitized voice shouted at the girl as her blank visor stared at her. When she stood up, a bolt smashed into her armoured torso, knocking her to the ground. "Mother karkin'..." She grunted, drawing her pistol as she scrambled back to her feet.

"The kriff do you think you're doing, lady?" She hissed as she knelt beside her. Another flashbang went off, giving Cricket her window to jump. "Stay here and stay down!" She ordered, before hopping over the speeder to press the initiative with her comrades. None of the officers seemed to hear or even understand what the girl said. Their focus was entirely on subduing the suspects.

The stakes were only made clearer when the writhing body of an officer hit the ground, prompting Marissa to fall back and drag him to the cruiser.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Palle- What?"

Iris was surprised at the question, but she wasn't completely helpless. Danger flashed and she turned, reaching under her shirt to pull one of her blades free. Only to be tackled out of the way and behind one of the cruisers. She yelped in surprise, blinked. Then narrowed her eyes. Not at the cops, but the danger that was continuing. Blaster fire, explosions. Denon warfare, more or less.

Wasn't the first time.

Marissa dragged a body back, and Iris dashed right past her. Really dashed. No point in holding back if the local police were getting shot. A flash of blue, a flash of pink, and the Keshain had both her sabers out. Battering aside the shots coming their way. Defense. If she focused on defense, the others could make use of it. Charge forward. Easy, right?

"Stay behind me and we'll press forward! Get the wounded to cover!" She called out orders with a far clearer voice than before. The Force, used to help them at least understand her. "Flashbang, left! Advance!" She spun her blade around, the blue one extinguishing in the process as she reached out. The Force followed, throwing a grenade tossed their way aside as she then just charged forward. They'd follow, right?

Soldiers always did in the war.

Marissa's eyes went wide as the girl rushed past her, though it all made sense when two glowing blades burst from the two hilts she carried in her hands. That was what she meant. She was a Jedi. Marissa watched as the girl stood ahead of the other officers, creating an impenetrable shield of plasma as she batted the bolts away... safely as well. Not one accidentally found its way to the wounded or stranded bystanders around the area.

But despite her help, a frown set in along her features. A sentiment shared by nearly all the other officers for one reason or another. But it wasn't the time to complain. The girl barked out orders and the men obeyed. The push gained momentum, and the team worked like a well oiled machine as years of experience and training blended together with the leadership of a commanding officer, even if that officer was a green little girl in their eyes.

The gangsters had no hopes left of escaping when the two blades caught their eyes. Their defense crumbled as one thug dropped after the other. The shoot-out ended as the officers surrounded the gangsters. A number lay dead, others were wounded, and a lucky few surrendered.

Marissa breathed a sigh of relief as she reached for her commlink, though it merely threw sparks as she tried to call the station. "Yo, Garrix! Call the paramedics." She spoke up as she peaked over the hood of the speeder. "You know they're gonna take forever to get here, right?!" He called back as he cuffed a wounded criminal and shoved him to the van. "Then tell them a DireX got wounded or something! Just get 'em here, we got civvies and officers down, damn it!" She barked back as she finished setting a bacta patch over the officer's wound. She quickly gathered up her medpack and marched over to another officer, though she was stopped by the tall sergeant as he grabbed hold of her cuirass, yanking her towards him.

"You want me to file an insubordination report?" He threatened, uncaring of the other officers watching them, their helmets hiding their concerned faces. "You want me to reopen that police assault case?" She fired right back at him, unflinching as her hand gravitated to her stun gun. The tension was finally broken as Jackson pushed them apart. "Hey, hey! Chill out. We just got our asses saved by a Jedi, let's get the wounded some help, huh?" He insisted, looking at the two of them. "Kark her, we would've been fine without her." Marissa spoke intentionally loud enough for the girl to hear. "Ten-four." Garrix grumbled, walking off to load another prisoner into the van.

Marissa took a deep breath, removing her helmet to get some air, though her eyes unintentionally met that of the Jedi. With a scowl, she turned and made her way to one of the injured bystanders.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

They were quick and effictient. But the moment the cuffs came into play Iris was gone. Not far. The injured. She was already going through the injured, flagging the most serious cases. Organizing people to help where they could. She knew all too well how long it'd take for paramedics to get here. Once she knew who needed the most help immediately, she was there. The Force answered her call as she tended to their wounds. Closed what she could to keep them from bleeding out. Keep them from death.

One by one, just shifting through. Getting to them to the point they could survive, move on to the next. It was exhausting. Sweat dripped from her brow as she continued through the line, one by one helping where she could.

"If you have extra bacta, spread it out over the ones marked with black. They're stable, but they're still in danger."

Marissa's eyes glowed bright red as she scanned the wounded man on the ground, checking his vitals before she started to treat his wounds as best she could. The same process was repeated with each wounded civilian she reached. Unfortunately it was too late for a few. She sighed as she closed the eyes of a young woman, picking up her helmet and medpack as she moved on to the next injured person.

But to her surprise, the Jedi was hard at work as well. The officer blinked as she instructed her to treat the ones she marked already. "Got it. And... by the way... thanks for the help." She muttered as she gave her a tap on the shoulder. She didn't want the likes of them on Denon. They were nothing but trouble. But she couldn't deny that the Jedi was helping them now, nor could she shove manners and gratitude aside for something like this.

After treating the injured as best they could, Marissa returned to the Jedi with helmet in hand. She was about to speak when an ambulance flew overhead, touching down close to them. "Wait here, please. I'll be with you in a sec." She excused as she jogged over to the paramedics. She quickly explained the situation to them before she came back to the Jedi.

"Sorry about that. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions, miss..." She trailed off as her eyes lit up with a bright yellow. The database soon spat out the girl's identity for her as her eyes returned to their normal brown. "Arani. Let's just step aside, this is an official crime scene right now." She gestured to the sidewalk as she stepped away, letting the paramedics do their thing.

The cordial and professional tone slipped somewhat as a frown spread over her features. "If you don't mind me asking, what the hell is a Jedi doing on Denon?" She asked flatly. "Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the help... but you guys only do more harm than good whenever you show up on Denon. So why are you here?" She asked, crossing her arms.

Up close now, the cop's features were on full display. The bags under her eyes, the cybernetic replacements in her gaze, and the scar on her throat. Marissa also had a good chance to see who the girl was as well now.

The van took off with the prisoners, as well as two of the cruisers. One was left behind for her as the order came over her HUD to keep an eye over the scene while the paramedics did their thing. Marissa held a thumb up to the last cruiser, signalling them that she copied. But her gaze immediately returned to Iris once more the moment they were gone.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Last edited:
Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris was, by the time the Paramedics showed up, exhausted. It took more than it looked closing wounds with the Force. It showed in her eyes, in how her shoulders sagged. A very tired smile was all she could offer as she nodded and they moved off to go talk. No sooner did they stop did she just plop down. To sit, not feint at least. She sighed loudly as she ended up sprawling out on the ground, staring up at the sky. Well, the layer of the city above them.

Sometimes she missed the stars.

"Iris."

When she did get some breath back and the area stopped spinning, that was the first thing she said. She sat up, glancing towards the cop with a faint smile. "You can call me Iris. I'm just here to help."

Marissa stared at the exhausted Jedi for a moment. She wasn't sure what the girl did that tapped her out so badly, though that was not her concern right now. Her helmet tapped idly against her cuirass as she stared down at her for a moment, eyes glowing red as she scanned her. She was fine.

"Yeah, well... the last time a Jedi 'helped' in this district, the rates of various offenses jumped by four percent across the board in a month." She stated as she leaned against the opposite wall. Pain throbbed through her shoulder and chest, drawing her attention down to the scorch mark on her armour. With a wince she pressed on the spot, making sure that it was only a bruise. "Help with what, exactly?" She asked her, glancing back as she pushed off the wall. "There's probably a bottle of water in the cruiser, come on. You look like you need it." She muttered with a reluctant sigh as she held a hand out to help her up.

Even when she didn't want anything to do with the Jedi, she couldn't shove that desire aside to help her out. Once they reached the cruiser, she rummaged through the cabin until she found the bottle. She took a long sip and held the bottle out to Iris. "Officer Marissa Shoda." She introduced herself finally. "But you still didn't answer me. Why are you here? 'Just helping' ain't a reason for you Jedi. You don't just come to Denon to just help. You got a reason for being here. What is it?" She pressed with a more demanding voice.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"People hate Jedi here. I know."

It's why she hid as the Tagger for the longest time. Hiding behind a mask to help. Jedi would only bring trouble. But that trouble could be handled. It had to be. Hiding behind a mask was only a bandaide to the problem she wanted to fix. Iris took the hand as she pulled herself up to her feet. Dusted herself off. Water would be fine, at this point. Probably super expensive water, knowing Denon.

Probably didn't taste any good, either.

Still, water in hand, she took a sip. Hummed in thought. Actual thought. The Padawan's eyes narrowed as she looked over the Officer, scanning through her colors. ".. Bring down the corruption that keeps you from doing your job. And keeps people here from getting the medical attention they need to just survive. You probably don't want the help, or don't think it's possible, but that's what I'm here to do anyway. I won't get in your way, at least."

The moment Iris' words registered in the officer's mind, she went into a coughing fit in the middle of a sip of water. She handed the girl the water as she fished for her datapad to shut it down and pull out its battery. She went on to hold a finger up at her as she made sure her commlink was utterly disabled... and she also unplugged the sender from the cruiser's console radio before she finally looked at Iris.

With a mixture of shock, intrigue and anger she pulled the girl to the passenger door, leaning in close to try and cover their conversation. She even took out her unpowered datapad to make it look like she was taking notes. "Are you trying to get me karkin' suspended here?" She whispered. "You can't just go around talking crazy like that, are you stupid?" She glared long and hard at the girl for a few moments, finally reaching the conclusion that she wasn't joking.

"You're... you're serious?" She muttered, leaning against the speeder with a long sigh. A defeated sigh, betraying years of fighting and arguing. "Lady... you're wasting your time. I dunno how things work on Coruscant, or... bloody Empress Teta or whatever... but over here? You keep your head low or you face the chopping block." She looked at Iris, the fear and defeat glimmering even through her cybernetic eyes.

She shook her head, putting her datapad away. "Making a change on Denon ain't happening... trust me when I tell you. I know." She sighed, plugging the radio back in and switching her datapad on again. "If you want, I can give you a lift. Where do you stay?" She offered with a shadow of a smile.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

The panic in the colors was enough of a reason for Iris to stop talking entirely. She knew there were things to be worried about, especially with talking about these kinds of things. The only reason she even brought it up was because Marissa seemed to be someone who could at least be trusted. Fear, though. Fear, defeat. Iris frowned for a moment before she shook her head.

"I'm not wasting my time."

That much she was adamant about. Her gaze narrowed in that sort of focus, even as she was met with denial and fear. She was going to do this, with or without the help of the local police. But she really did hope to get that help. And, well. Now she needed to deal with the idea of cyber security. Not something she was good at. She flipped open her wrist datapand and sent a message to Zoar Zoar , basically just asking for tips and programs on how to stop people from listening into conversations.

"A change won't happen if people give up. .. And I don't plan on giving up."

Marissa was silent for a few moments as she stared at Iris, a mixture of emotions going through her. They were likely the same age... but Marissa felt decades older as she mulled over the girl's words. "That's what I said too when I join the force." She muttered with a sigh.

She pushed herself off the cruiser and gestured to the passenger seat. She opened her mouth, though paused when a message came up in her HUD. Her mood soured for a moment. "Alright, guess I'm off for the next day. Hop in. I just gotta drop the cruiser off at the precinct, file a report, but I'll drop you off if you got a place. I insist." She gave the girl a tap on the shoulder as she passed her, waving over an approaching cruiser. After a few words, she returned to Iris and hopped into the driver seat.

Marissa was deathly quiet for the whole drive. She only spoke to explain where her personal speeder was before she disappeared into the precinct for a few minutes. When she emerged, she wore a simple turtleneck sweater and jeans, topped off with a jacket and her badge resting on her hip alongside her pistol. It was only in her own speeder that Marissa relaxed. "Karking Garrix signed off on leave for me. Two days. Dude really doesn't want me to file that report against him." She spoke up.

Sparing a glance at Iris, a faint smile formed. "How's this for a catch twenty two? Guy assaults a woman, I'm supposed to put him away for it... but if I do, I'll jeopardize the precinct 'cause he's probably the best officer in the district." She was quiet for a few moments. "I'll help you." She looked at Iris. "My job's to serve and protect. That group of gangsters we took down? They shot me and my partner a couple months ago. Dude died in the cruiser while I was trying to get us away. But that gang is supposedly buddies with one of the DireX, so they will likely not even see court while we get a salary cut or something as punishment. I can't keep going on like this. This... helpless anger because I can't do my job and help people who need it. So I'll help you, mon ami. Even if it's just taking down the schuttas in our precinct." She declared as she brought the speeder to a halt.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris could only nod. That seemed like it was going to be the usual story with the people here. They wanted to do good, but either got pushed down by those who took use of the corruption or fell into the corruption themselves. She hopped into the cruiser, not daring to say anything else now that she was aware people were probably listening in. It wasn't until she was in the personal speeder and Marissa herself started to talk that the Padawan did in turn.

"I'm sorry." It wasn't something she understood. That people could just.. Let that kind of cruelty just happen to people they were supposed to be working alongside. But she nodded. ".. I'll need all the help I can get. It's not just your precinct. The Corpos. All of them. I'm going to route out everything."

Marissa lightly shook her head at Iris' words as she glanced out the window toward the girl's place. "The Alliance passed a bill not too long ago to crack down on what's happening. But here we are. You won't get the corpos out. You wanna get rid of 'em? You put down your badge, take a blaster and use your fancy space magic to pop them in the back of the head." She muttered, slowly looking back at Iris.

"But everything else? You can still do it right. You got the one advantage I never. You're a Jedi. You snap your fingers and every senator in the Alliance will probably hear you out. If I could meet at least one senator or something that's at least somewhat prominent, I'd be able to actually make a difference. Even if it's only this district, or even just a damn block." A smile took hold as she turned to face her. "I'll walk you up."

Getting out, she walked with Iris up to her apartment with her smile staying in place. "You'll need evidence. I can help with that. You need targets, I know this city. I grew up on the streets, any backstreet or sketchy character I can probably point you right." Stopping by her door, she held a hand out to Iris. "You need me, feel free to hit me up." Her eyes glowed a bright blue for a moment, before a notification popped up on Iris' wrist comm. Marissa flashed a grin as her eyes returned to normal. "You should get you some of these, they're really handy." She joked as she started to walk off.

Though her hopeful mood sank into her stomach when she left the complex for her speeder... at least where she left it. "Oh, no. No, no, no." She took a deep breath in as she stared at the empty spot on the sidewalk. The only evidence of anything having been there was the shards of glass on the ground. "KRIFF!" She shouted at the top of her lungs as she kicked the shards of glass.

"Not again..."

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"The bill wasn't enough. That's why I'm here. If the Laws in place aren't keeping people safe like they're supposed to, I will make them keep people safe." Laws that couldn't were unjust, right? It wasn't that black and white, sure, but Iris knew what she meant. Right now, on Denon, the laws in place weren't enough. Iris nodded her thanks once they made it to her apartment. As much help as possible was needed, at this point.

"I will. See you later?"

Maybe. Iris still had to check in with the precinct, right? She glanced to the apartment as the door closed, but blinked as she noticed a different color suddenly streak through. Anger. She rushed out the door without a thought, blinking in surprise as she saw what it was. Or, rather. The lack of what there was.

".. You okay, Marissa?"

Marissa let out a long, heavy sigh as she continued to stare at where her speeder used to be. Anger, frustration, defeat, and even morbid amusement. She remained unmoving for several minutes, only managing to turn enough to look at Iris as a defeated smile stretched across her features. "Huh? Yeah..." She looked back at the empty spot. "I'm... I'm good." She didn't want to admit to what happened. The irony of an officer's car being stolen for a second time wasn't lost on her.

She pulled out her datapad, only to sigh further when the device failed to power on. "Can I, uh... borrow your datapad or something, please? Just wanna call a cab." She asked as she walked over to Iris with sagging shoulders, showing her dead datapad to the girl as she drew closer.

"Otherwise, can I just charge my datapad for a few minutes?" She continued, her polite smile still on her face, despite her flattened mood.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris frowned for only a moment before turning. She went right back to her door before pausing. right. Words. "C'mon. You can stay inside till you're all set." Then she went back up the stairs to her apartment. There was no chance she'd let even a cop wait alone on the street. .. Especially a cop, now that she thought on it. Inside it was empty. Her status as a Jedi didn't give her a place of luxury, and she didn't need that anyway. Just a picture perfect small apartment.

She waved, half laughing. "Make yourself at home. I uh, well. I haven't yet, heh."

An embarrassed smile crept up as Iris invited her in. The last thing she needed was this. She was looking forward to a long bath, some time to herself, and maybe a movie or two before she hit the sack. Now she had to sit around and either find someone to pick her up, or sleep over at the Jedi's place.

What a way to end the day.

Marissa blinked as she entered the girl's apartment. It was sparse, even by Denon standards. Literally only a temporary place to sleep at and plan things. Her eyes glowed a bright yellow as she looked around the place, scanning for any potential devices or bugs that could watch them. "I really appreciate it, mon ami. I'll pay you back." She spoke up as she plugged her datapad into a charger and finally dropped into the couch with a long sigh.

"Those schuttas are gonna have a really bad day tomorrow. I got a tracker installed after I had a speeder stolen the first time. Whether they chop my ride or not, they're gonna be in for it." She commented, massaging her eyes as she lifted her head to look at Iris.

"What's your first target? Corporate authorities are way too high up for you to take on alone. But there's a lot of scum below them. Precincts, corrupt officials, gangs working for some corpos, all kinds of stuff that we all know about but can't prove." She sat forward as she looked at Iris.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom