Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beastie creation questions

Got s few

What's the difference between non and semi sentient

Do I need to do culture and technology for beasties

Can the home world be any, unspecified or so numerous no one knows

How big a blurb do you guys want for semi sentient and non sentient

1) I believe the difference is non being they can't think like a sentient would, whereas semi can sorta think that way, like they have a slight inclination to think the way a sentient would. I'm not completely sure though.
2) You could always just put that they have no tech level whatsoever. As for culture, you could probably put their habits there. For instance, how they hunt, forage, that kind of stuff.
3) Home world can be any planet, though I suspect if it's custom, you'd need permission of the creator of the planet.
4) Wha..?

[member="Arumi Zy"]

1.) That depends on your opinion, really. Sentience basically means teh ability to reason, use tools, etc. It's usually accepted that things like humans are sentient, things like chimps and such are semi-sentient, and things like mice are non-sentient. (Though I'd say things like chimps and gorillas are sentient, but that's just my opinion.)

2,) Technology you can just relaly say whether or not they use tools. As for culture it depends on the writer and judge- usually I put things like how they hunt etc in general behavior and either leave culture blank or add in any information on any influence said animal has on sentient culture (for instance banthas in tusken raider culture). But again anything you put in general behavior could go in culture as well.

3.) What he said^

4.) Also what he said^

[member="Arumi Zy"]

[member="Arumi Zy"]

3. If you are creating a predator type beastie, take into consideration of their number. The higher the predator population, the quicker they will decimate their food source.

[member="Gherron Vael"] [member="Darth Venefica"] [member="Mrrew"]

To explain the last one, how big of a write up do you guys want on them lol. kind of a minimum

[member="Arumi Zy"] - Depends on the creature really. (assuming you mean the actual sub not the dev thread) Depends on the judge as well. But generally you'd need less info for say, a cow-like food animal then a twenty foot tall force-eating crocodile. (Don't make that. <.<) And more info for sentients then non-senteints and semi-sentients, but otherwise it depends on the submission itself.

[member="Darth Venefica"] [member="Mrrew"] Maybe some day, i'm more looking into making a nuisance pest, Gremlins intrigue me more then anything big and awesome atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom