Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Be Someone Better

GADividerWhite.png

Lothal

The grassy fields of Lothal were like a second home. Mostly because of Tirin Raene Tirin Raene . Their ship was often on the planet, and now she was off on her own. A typical walk, really. Or would've been if she wasn't busy staring at the half bled crystal in her hand. Kyber, swirling between red and green. Her mistake, her choice. And one she wanted nothing more than to fix herself if she could. Tirin had already told her it wasn't going to be easy. She needed to find her own center in the Force first.

She found a spot. A clearing she'd set up before. It was a good place for a picnic here and there whenever she ended up on world. Set out a blanket, take out some snacks. Then.. Focus. The whole purpose here was to find her center in the Force.

Now she just needed to do that whole focus thing. Aliris closed her eyes as she sat down on the blanket, took a breath. Just focus on her breathing. In, out. Calm, collected. At peace. One with the Force, the Force is one with her. Meditation.

That'd work, right?

Lothal was a planet I had been told to go to by my mentor. They had explained that it was a planet of great power within the force. Somewhere that I could learn more about myself and the force. And so I went. Having to do this alone was what I was planning on doing. Just like I had done so much before. Taking in the waves of grass, the breeze of the trees, I walked through the little forest I was in. Coming out into the open, I stopped dead in my tracks. A young woman who seemed to be having a Picnic by herself? Something was strange about it though. Instead of eating food, she just... sat there. As if she were meditating. Strange and unique to me. Maybe she had been one of the Jedi that I had heard so much about.

For now, I kept to myself. Hiding and holding my presence closed to the force. Not permitting anyone to find me unless I allowed it. Crouching within the darkness and shade of the forest, I just watched. Waiting for what she would do.

Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

GADividerWhite.png

Deep, calm breaths. Focus. In, out. It was a simple idea, a simple path. She already knew it worked. She could feel the Force, it's calm, it's flow. Little by little she fell into it's embrace. Slowly she just floated. Lifted from the blanket to hover just a bit from the ground. When she learned how to center herself, she could fix the crysta- No. No letting her mind drift. She cleared her throat aas she returned to the breathing, stopped the short descent she'd fallen as she got distracted.

Do you really think this will fix what you've broken, vessel?

Pure terror ripped through her mind. At once Aliris's eyes opened as she suddenly dropped, hit the blanket, and scrambled back. She stared around, her eyes wide with the panic that had now completely taken over her mind. The First had been quiet for so long now. She'd almost forgotten. But now they were back, weren't they? Were they going to try to take over again, like before? Did they want to harm her?

Nothing. Silence. The only sound was the soft rustle of the pale grass of Lothal around her in the morning breeze. That, and her panicked sobs as she tried not to fully break down.

Lúthien Tinúviel Lúthien Tinúviel

Watching, I figured she was a jedi just because as soon as whatever this young woman was focusing on, she started to lift off the ground. Just hovering. It was interesting to see. My mother would have been pacing back and forth and seething with anger. But this young woman, I could feel her. Worried, filled with almost a guilt. When it exploded in fear. She fell to the ground and instantly started to look around.

I knew it was not of me. Silence, no movement, and hiding in the force through illusions would not be a thing someone so young as her could have likely discerned so easily. No. This was something else messing with her. She was extremely fearful. Her almost feral stance to take over the blanket in which her picnic was on.

She was having some severe problems with something. Most of me, wanted to just leave her to her devices. But something Matthew had told me, when he had helped me, was to not worry about owing him, but to pass it on to someone else. To help someone else in their time of need. Even the smallest gesture was better than nothing at all.

Unveiling myself to the world and its light, I walked out into the opening that she sat. Lifting my arm to show I meant no harm to her.

"Hey, I was just walking by and saw you. Are you okay?"

GADividerWhite.png

Stranger.

Alris's frantic eyes fell on a woman she didn't recognize stepping from the grass, and immediately she raised a hand. Koboh matter, a metallic substance that seemed to exist as water and gas at the same time as a solid, coalesced in her palm into a rough dagger like shape as she practically devolved into animalistic fear. Was this woman responsible for the sudden resurgence of the First? A threat here? An enemy?

"B.. Back off! Stay away!"

As expected the young woman almost exploded into a fear of the unknown stranger coming up to her. Directly saying to back away and to keep the distance. I kept my single arm up. The other, while it was just a stub was just held off to the side. So she could clearly see I wasn't going to attempt anything to harm her. So, trying to use my best calm voice as possible, I spoke gently, and with sincerity.

"I am unarmed. I mean, I have only one arm. I'm not here to hurt you. I just... you look troubled beyond a stranger walking up on you. Are you safe?"

Slowly lowering my arms, I did notice that the dagger she held was made out of a unique material I had never seen before. Unsure what it did, I decided to ask. Maybe defuse the situation a little.

"That's a nifty dagger you have. Concealed easily. Where did you get it?"

GADividerWhite.png

She continued her panicked breathing like a cornered, frightened cat. Her eyes scanned around the field, hastily trying to find if there were others. She had one arm, but that didn't mean other people weren't here. That they weren't trying to kill her. Cultists of the First, Ashlans looking for revenge for the people the First had killed, an illusion. There were so many things this could be. The sort of danger she could be in.

"It's- Koboh Matter! I can- It's not just a dagger! I can kill you with it! So don't come closer!"

"Koboh Matter. Interesting."

A kind of matter that could take shape to whatever the user desired? Maybe I could find some of that for myself if I could. However, that would be later. For now, she was still very much worried about the situation. Looking around, trying to figure out if others were here. She was smart. Not focusing on just me, but looking for others. Quick and apt mind. I respected that greatly.

"Here, let me show you I mean no harm okay?"

My arm came out. open palm, and as I began to close it into a fist, a saber style sword formed within my grasp. The longer blade used to keep distance from other melee fighters, I then let the sword move to be pointed down. Then let the weapon drop to the ground. Grip and handle facing the woman. It was well within her ability to grab it from me if she so chose. Though of course, There are many ways I can prevent that if I wanted to do so.

"My name is Lúthien. A Fallanassi. I am not a Jedi or Sith."

GADividerWhite.png

The blade came and Aliris immediately readied herself to fight. Even as the blade was dropped she was fully prepared to fight. Kill. She'd killed before, she'd do it again if she had to. She wasn't safe. This wasn't safe. Stranger danger was in full effect for the girl. But she didn't strike. That wasn't how Jedi were, right? She gritted her teeth, but didn't lower her blade.

"I don't know what that is."

She was still warry. Understandable. Even if the weapon was presented before her, Still talking through gritted teeth. Warry as all hell. but I continued to try and deescalate the situation. Sitting down and crossing my legs. Feeling the grass try and poke me through the clothes I wore. My hand supporting my forward weight while I leaned. Showing intent to speak, but not to attack.

"Its a group of force sensitives that train in the use of illusions. We can also become invisible and make doubles of items."

Intending to show her what I meant, opening my hand, It took a moment while I seemed to just stare intently at it. Finally coming to shape, almost as if a haze was lifted from my hands, the dagger she wielded and held at me was formed in my hand. However, it was fake. Clearly since I had never seen it before and even asked her what it was.

I then let my hand turn over and just as it was about to hit the ground, I broke my focus on it and it faded into air once more.

"If that makes you worried I still have a weapon, then grab my sword. Take it. Feel that its the real thing. Also, what is your name?"

GADividerWhite.png

She was really trying not to seem like a threat.

Oh.

Aliris blinked for a moment before the blade in her own had faded into the dust it was made from. There was no reason for someone to be attacking her on Lothal. There was no reason for her to be targeted anywhere, not anymore. At least not any more than any other Jedi. She didn't like fighting, anyway. Not if she didn't have to. She took a deep breath as she closed her eyes and sat down.

"Aliris. I'm.. Sorry."

It seemed like she was starting to realize I wasn't here to hurt. Having been through so much myself, and seeing her scared, allowed me to come out of my shell just a little. Anyone else? I probably wouldn't have. But something drew me to her. The way she was so quick to defend herself. How she was so adamant on protecting herself from forces even if they tried to be genuine. She let the dagger go, and sat down. Breathing deeply to calm herself. A name given Aliris.

"Pretty name, and don't be sorry. You were worried someone was going to harm you. You have every right to feel that way and express it. Neither of us are hurt, so its water under the bridge."

I stayed where I was sitting. Leaving the sword to act as a separation between us. With the point still directed at me, hopefully this would help to act as a barrier between myself and her. So that she could still feel comfortable.

"I'm Luthien Tinuviel. I saw you had something troubling you and I wanted to help. If you want help or not thats fine. Or if you just want to talk."

GADividerWhite.png

"There is always someone out there who will be willing to hurt someone else." But living that way would only make her regress back to her life prior to this. When she was on the run. Afraid of everyone else. Untrusting. She didn't want to live that way any more.

".. I appreciate you trying to be kind, but there are things I can't trust strangers with. I hope you understand."

She was right. There are people who are willing, and able to do the worst kinds of things to people. Even good people, can do bad things. Its the nature of a mixing pot of consciousness that wanted to evolve into something more. There was not anything else I wanted to press on with that part of thought. However, she did directly say not wanting to share something like that with a stranger. It was understandable. There are things that people don't want to share. Don't want to put onto others, or just need to deal with the situation alone. So I wouldn't press.

"Not a problem. You don't have to share anything."

There was a small feeling in me that there was something affecting this girl. Something that was deeply rooted in a way I couldn't explain. In the force, she felt off. Conflicted. Like there was two sides to her. I couldn't decipher what it was. So I let it slide for now.

"Would you mind if I asked what you are doing here today?"

GADividerWhite.png

"Meditating."

That's all there really was to it. Aliris shifted a bit, frowning as she now stared off at the ground, the grass around. Strangers still weren't something she was used to talking to. Or ever would be, if she was being honest. No, those were negative thoughts again. She took a deep, deep breath before forcing a very clearly forced looking smile.

"What about you..?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom