Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be it chance or something more...(Chiassa).

Attn: [member="Chiassa"].
jAuH3oz.png
It was not long after the Skirmish on Ossus that Bekk Mag'ra would find his way back to Eira Pechal with the rest of the Jedi who had signed up for the operation from this side of the Galaxy; the Jedi Transport descended down through orbit en-route for the Praxeum shrouded in the world's natural life, permissions being granted and landing procedures underway. Before Bekk knew it, he would be on solid ground once more.

While the others seemed to know their way about the place, Bekk Mag'ra wasn't a residential member among the Jedi of the World and soon found himself wandering the facility somewhat guessing his way about the place. In a sense, his status was more or less that of a Free-lance Jedi Knight, not beholden to one location but travelling from one to the other, wherever the Jedi Academy Network posted a need for assistance, such as what had led him to the assignment on Ossus assisting [member="Coren Starchaser"] and his folk.

Already there seemed to be a need for him elsewhere, though by the look of his Tunic, one didn't need the force to know that the Zabrak needed a bit of down-time to move on from the fight that had taken place between himself and the Sith Knight he had met in combat within the Hall of Knowledge. Most frightening had been the share power of the Emperor, who's strength could be felt across the facility. Bekk had been fortunate enough to avoid running into him...

He wasn't entirely sure what he was looking for until he found it however, the Jedi Cafeteria or what some would call a mess hall. Good food and drink, the thought of it made his stomach growl back at him, having exhausted his physical self over the last 24 hours. Perhaps following that, he might get some sleep and then make headway for Jutrand the next day, but for now...All that was on his mind was whatever dish they were serving today.

When it raines, it pours.
header7.png
Chiassa laid on her dorm bunk, bored as usual as no one was around to 'bother' her, when she sensed the atmosphere change ever so subtly. A few moments later engine noise of a ship echoed off the canyon walls as it made its final approach down the Spring Canyon to the Jedi Praxeum.

The young Tholothian quickly popped up and ran outside the building, okay walked mightily with purpose because running isn't allowed inside, just in time to see a small, sleek corvette fly over. The vessel was a Jade-class Jedi transport. Chia imagined just for a second she was the pilot doing just that.

A bell rang indicating it was meal time so Chiassa made her way to the praxeum's cafeteria, crossing over the grassy area that she liked to practice katas in because of the open, fresh-air space. The teen was wearing two-tone tan Jedi robes, minimalistic for her rank as a junior padawan, well if that even. Chia hadn't been taken yet as a padawan learner. Ever since the sacking of the Jedi temple on Coruscant, things had been up in the air regarding her future in the Jedi Order. She wondered sometimes if this was a test to see just how strong her dedication to the light side really was. After all, patience is a virtue or so the old, know-it-all's say.

Entering into the eating area, the dark-skinned youngling grabbed a tray and got into the chow line behind a male Zabrak. Chiassa had never seen him before. He seemed weary and *sniff*. Yeah, could really use a shower and change of clothes. As they moved up closer to the food displayed, the small Tholothian flashed a friendly enough smile as bright blue eyes made contact with the young man's own blue.

"I would not choose the green hash.... You won't like yourself later, or it won't like you more so," Chia warned with a hint of humor and maybe first hand knowledge, then the teen asked with curiosity that seemingly was killing the cat.

"Did you just arrive on the transport? Were you on the mission to Ossus? Did you bring back any goodies from the library?" she inquired of the Jedi Knight with measured excitement of youth, and a yearning for an adventure of her own evident from the interrogation of sorts.

[member="Bekk Mag'ra"]​

"I would not choose the green hash.... You won't like yourself later, or it won't like you more so".
Bekk hadn't realized the time, nor that it might be feeding time for the rest of the Praxeum, yet the little voice from behind him seemed to dash his hopes of sneaking in a quick and subtle lunch. No matter though, the Zabrak had always enjoyed the company of the younger generations of Jedi for their inquisitive nature and their tendency to show just how innocent they could be, unaffected by the Galaxies troubles beyond the Praxeum walls.

Most amusing was [member="Chiassa"]'s inquiry into the latest mission, strangely well informed for someone so young. The nature of the Jedi's visit to Ossus, a world now occupied by the Sith Empire and a wealth of power of the Dark-Side, youngling's weren't to be worrying about such things as far as the Zabrak did things. It wasn't a matter of excluding them from the focus of Jedi life, but rather looking out for the young one's who weren't always mature enough nor ready to take on such heavy burdens. Such things were best to be dealt with delicately, introduced to over time and with the appropriate training and life experience at hand.

"Hello to you too, little one" Bekk had turned to look down at the smaller Tholothian, she the first that he had met though they like so many other peoples, numbered plenty within the Jedi of today's Galaxy; "Now, how would you be so well informed about a thing like that, I wonder..." He asked with a small hint of caution to her open curiosity. Some things were better left unspoken, after all.

The towering, horned alien peered down at the young teen. He seemed nice enough on first impression, but Chiassa had seen that look before. She had overstepped, well not majorly, but enough to be reminded gently to watch her P's and Q's.

"I.... I do try to be observant and knowledgable of what is going on not only in my small world, but out in the world. After what happened at Coruscant... well I do not want to be caught so totally unaware of the bigger picture as sadly too many were," the petite Tholothian answered honestly, then added with contrition.

"You are correct though, Master Jedi... I should be more mindful of my choice of conversation topic and surroundings. Thank you for reminding me of this," she offered with a respectful cant of her floppy head.

It seemed as more time passed without direct mentorship, Chiassa's attitude and work ethic had floundered a bit. She knew to become a Jedi Knight, it would take continued hard work and dedication as well as living the code day in and day out. It was easy though being 'alone' here for the youngling to fall into the trap that so many before her had drifted into ~ complacency. The Tholothian was at a precious time in her path where with the right cultivation, she could become a great Jedi; a Defender of the Light, and a hopeful ambassador to those less fortunate or weakened by plight or despair. Yeah those were lofty ideals, but the heart was in the right direction. Chia basically just wanted to be a good person and do the right thing for herself, but more so for others.

"I'd still stay away from the hash... The cinnamon buns with the creamy sweet glaze though are to die for," the teenager grinned up at the black-hued Zabrak with really intriguing facial markings, then the youth quickly placed one of the pastries on her tray before getting a bowl of mixed vegetables like a good little padawan.

"Oh by the way, I am Chiassa, should you require any assistance during your stay here. We all have been new once, and I know my way around pretty well now," she smiled, then grabbed a glass of milk before going to sit at one of the empty tables in the corner of the room.

[member="Bekk Mag'ra"]​

[member="Chiassa"]'s sense of awareness and inquisitive nature seemed to be rather keen for her age group, leading Bekk to think back to his time and all the dreams he had about piloting a Starfighter like in the holo-novels he'd sit up and read late at night after a hard day's training. Though he had cautioned the girl, he wasn't wanting to be too hard on her, for it was every young Jedi student's fantasy to be out exploring the vast reaches of space on some grand and exciting adventure getting into all sorts of mischief...

"After what happened at Coruscant...".

The Jedi Knight glanced back down to her, pausing for a moment to try to recall having heard anything about the Core-World's recently. It wasn't often that he roamed that far in towards the Core, for the Outer-Rim Territories were more often the one's that lacked the sense of security and governing structure that kept law and order so well in the more financially capable world's such as Coruscant. That of course, wasn't to say that Coruscant itself wasn't without it's own set of dilemma's, yet when compared to being governed by someone like the Hutts, they could have fared worse off.

"I suppose it's not too bad a thing to want to be well-informed, providing you're not going looking for things that aren't meant for your eyes and ears" Bekk offered a slim smile, both approvingly and yet not without that same hint of caution as before. The Zabrak soon turned to look to the tray where the younger one had suggested and reached for one of the Cinnamon Bun's. They certainly looked nice, in that she couldn't be faulted and so he decided to take one for himself, along with some type of pastry that looked decent enough, as well as requesting a drink of Jawa Juice (Not actually made of Jawa's), to go alongside his food.

"It sounds like you've been here for a little while then?" He asked in response to Chia's offer to give him the grand tour, so to speak, seeming to know her way around. "It's the first time I've actually stopped in on Eira Pechal, though I've had business with some of your superiors a couple times now. I tend to get around a fair bit these days...".

Chiassa didn't waste anytime digging into her 'meal' after sitting down. She promptly pulled off a piece of the outer rim of the cinnamon bun and plopped it into her mouth, licking her fingers afterward to get the residual glaze.

The Tholothian took a swig of milk to wash it down, then wiped her mouth to answer the Jedi Knight, who had chosen to sit with her. His question kinda hit a sour note for her, though Chia had open the door to further exploration.

"I have been here on Eira Pechal at the Praxeum since the Sith Empire attacked and destroyed the New Jedi Order's temple on Coruscant so I guess you could say so," the teen replied with a shrug, then her bright blue eyes looked downward at the pastry on the tray. "I am the only one of my youngling clan to have made it," she added with a bit of melancholy still, then the youngling ripped off another piece of the swirl and stuffed it into her mouth.

After a few moments of chewing the food with thoughtfulness shown in the Tholothian's facial features, Chiassa's mood seemed lifted once again. She had done just what Knight Apollodor had taught her to do ~ acknowledge the troubling emotion for what it was, then releasing it into the Force to center oneself again.

Another swig of milk chased the bite of cinnamon bun, then the napkin came up from her lap. She did have manners, well at least some most of the time.

"Oh... I would love to explore the galaxy! I like to study the star charts in the library and the lore of the planets held within them. Where is your favorite place you've traveled to, that is if I may ask of course?" Chia asked with wonderment, and an air of mindfulness this time, before taking a spoonful of vegetables.

"Hm...-My favorite place?".

Bekk had to actually stop and think about this one, he'd been all around the Galactic Map over his later years, never really staying in one place for any prolonged length of time since growing up within the hidden Enclave on Alzoc III. Eriadu had been nice, as far as City World's were concerned. There had been plenty a market for tech, which the Zabrak had naturally made the best of during his stay there; yet his fondness for a planet or place most often came down to the natural atmosphere of the World itself, as well as the company of it's local populace. In this, there was only one choice that sprang to mind.

"I suppose that it might sound cliche of me to suggest Iridonia, one of two homeworld's of the Zabrak, my people" he smiled, glancing to the Padawan thoughtfully. He hadn't missed the distant depression in her aura when speaking about the incident on Coruscant, the New Jedi Order being attacked by the Sith Empire. Indeed, he had not been there to witness that travesty.

"I wasn't born there, you see. I was born on Coruscant, myself, though I was left with the Jedi soon after and grew up within the Order" perhaps if things had been different, they might have already met before now, yet such a thing was not to be. "I was raised in a smaller branch of the Order, an Enclave on Alzoc Three...-I didn't reach my people's home-world until the age of thirteen, but instantly grew to admire it" it had of course helped that his Res Selenoran was held there, and that he had passed.

"Would you care to tell me more about what happened on Coruscant? I'm afraid I was not there, nor have I heard about it until now" Bekk couldn't help but find himself curious, both over the attack itself but so too the youngling's personal experience there, and how she had managed to survive when her friends hadn't.

[member="Chiassa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom