Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baubles, Trinkets, and decrees

Nick Sept

Worst Ghost in the Galaxy
[member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Zef Halo"] [member="Reen Lorgon"] [member="Faith Organa"]

Nick nodded politely. "Happy to follow," he said with a nod, watching the others. Mandalorians, mostly. Draco was solemn and somber. He seemed edgy for some reason, tense. Nick hoped it wasn't his fault. Nick had always tried to be the nice one, to look out for others, but for some reason, the Mandalorians, and their bad blood with the old guard of the Republic, just wouldn't wash away. While Faith was a friend, he wasn't the one who understood the Mandalorians or their culture. Hell, many of the clones he represented were of Mandalorian origins, and often their training and personal beliefs reflected that in a way. There were two things he understood of Mandalorians, they were proud as hell, and they took family more seriously than anything, including and up to their own necks.

Reen seemed happy to be here, albeit unsure of what in all was going to happen. Nick had his guesses. He'd done a noteworthy thing for a royal personage. There was probably going to be a bit of formal ceremony, and informal thanks. There would also, based on the note, be a proper celebratory dinner. All good things, if a bit more formal than he was used to. He was a grunt at heart, and grunts didn't get medals except posthumously. Still, he'd politely go through the pomp and circumstance, mostly to catch up with Faith. He didn't really fathom why, but she was always one of the Senators he liked. Maybe it was her politeness. Maybe it was because she balanced the responsibilities of intelligence with actual governance quite nimbly. Maybe it was because she never seemed to see him as a clone, which some other senators seemed to have more problems with.

The other Mandalorians were also in full armor. Honestly, part of him wondered at the ceremony of that. Well, it was traditional dress, and I guess full armor is as traditional as Mandalorians get. Still, they each seemed nice enough, if quiet. One of them had armor that was cleaned and polished, but still obviously quite well-worn, with it's share of scars. He smiled slightly. Well, at least if there's anything we have in common, it's a lack of willingness to deny our past, he though to himself as the shuttle moved in silence. The other one, well, he had a certain odd vibe in him. His posture, his mannerisms, he seemed more like Reen than the other two Mandalorians. More of a trickster than a champion. Still, it could just be his mind adding up suspicions that weren't there.

He debated in his mind whether or not it was worth it to try at a conversation. He decided against it. He simply waited. After all, patience was the mark of a wise man, and while he was actually a dumb kid, he could fake it long enough--that's how he got elected in the first place.

Reen Lorgon

Pilot. Smuggler. Incredibly handsome. I got it all
Reen entered the transport with the rest of the men, glancing at each of them. Three mandalorians were present, as well as Senator Sept. He knew relatively little about most of them, bar Draco, who's reputation was well known to most men of war. Reen found himself near Nick, with the mandalorians congregating on the other side of the transport. Good to see that even at an informal event, we're still enemies Reen thought to himself.

His gaze was brought to the newest arrival, who seemed to carry himself much the same as Reen did. It was the walk of a smuggler, or at least a former smuggler. If that were the case, the two of them would have little trouble getting along, or at least not trying to kill each other as much.

[member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Zef Halo"] [member="Nick Sept"] [member="Faith Organa"]

The Transport arrived at the palace the building bathed in white lights, Ana Faith's assistant waited on the front steps to greet everyone. Smiling she stepped to the center of the stairs and looked upon each of them as they left the transport,

"HRH welcomes you to Aldera, if you will all please come inside there are drinks waiting for you HRH will be joining you in just a few minutes" Ana nodded, she looked at each of them they looked a bit like they were getting ready to face a firing squad rather than have dinner with Faith. Perhaps they were unaccustomed to such things perhaps once they learned everything about this evening they would relax and celebrate.

Ana kept in touch with the spaceport to ensure that all the guests were picked up and brought in.

Faith stood looking in a mirror this was her first official duty as the Crown Princess of Aldera. This place was the hiding place of House Organa. She smoothed out her dress, and looked to Claire.

"they're here, we need to go"

Faith started down the hall she could hear the murmurings of voices she smoothed the dress once more and adjusted the crown of office. Slowly she walked down the staircase smiling as she went as she got to the bottom stairs she looked at everyone, "Welcome to Aldera, let's have a drink to your safe arrival"

[member="Reen Lorgon"] [member="Nick Sept"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Zef Halo"]

Draco's face behind the visor couldn't help but lighten, and relax when he saw Faith making her way down the stairs. She looked beautiful in her pink dress, a shame he thought, that she couldn't see his face right now to see how her presence affected him. But, perhaps it was best she didn't see his steely, uncomfortable features before. The Mandalorian glanced around the room without turning his head, using his HUD to check everyone out.

"Thank you for having me, your Highness." His voice was slightly distorted by the annunciator in the helmet, but his tone was pleasant. Draco bowed his head and covered his heart with his right hand in a respectful manner. He was being respectful, but he was careful with his words. He chose them carefully and purposefully, not that he didn't wish to speak for the others, but that he simply didn't like that any of them were here.

For the most part, he stood in the back of the group, waiting, refusing to remove his helmet for the time being. The man worked hard to hide his emotions and alter his body language, but with each passing minute he could feel his anger, deep in the pit of his chest growing. He wasn't angry with her, he wasn't angry with them, he was just angry. Angry with himself, angry with the circumstances. He could sense it in the Force, the future was cloudy but one thing seemed certain. One of these guests was going to set him off. If he was lucky, Draco would just storm out when that happened. He could already tell his patience for these guests was thin. They didn't even have the courtesy to understand what they had done to him, what their presence, what this ceremony represented.

He was no king that needed others to do his duty.

[member="Faith Organa"] [member="Reen Lorgon"] [member="Nick Sept"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]

Reen Lorgon

Reen stood quietly near the front of the group, trying to look formal with his hands behind his back. He bowed when Faith appeared, but said nothing. He kinda got the feeling that he wasn't welcomed by most of the group, being one of, if not the only person who wasn't of great importance to the galaxy and it's current position. He was mostly just happy to be there, in the presence of people who actively made a difference, for better or worse.

[member="Faith Organa"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Nick Sept"] [member="Zef Halo"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]

Nick Sept

[member="Reen Lorgon"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Zef Halo"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]

He smiled and nodded politely as he was greeted alongside the many others. He wasn't much for all this formal royal stuff. He was a Senator, but he was also a man of the people. He wasn't a noble. He didn't even really know how to refer to himself in royal company. He definitely wasn't certain what the appropriate protocol for referring to a princess was. He knew the term "highness" was a given in formal address. Would his speaking here be formal address? I mean, everyone was in parade dress except for himself, Reen, and Faith, who were all in relatively run of the mill party clothing.The invitations had been written, but the tone hadn't been formal, or had it? This was one of those of days where Nick Sept wished with his entire heart that his training had not been entirely based around shooting people and upholding military protocol. Neither applied here.

Even though the cyborg was something of a dullard in the force--unaware he even used it hat the time--his intuition with people was uncanny. It didn't take a savant or a Jedi to sense the whirling mes of emotions in Vereen's face as he removed his helmet. He was wary of everyone but Faith. When the man made eye contact with her, he melted like butter. I guess love is finding someone you don't have to hide your emotions from, he mused to himself, mechanical eyes making a slight whirring sound as he looked a the others, debating what to say. If anything. Thankfully, Faith provided him an excellent answer to the anxious stilted tone of the room. Alcohol, while many would argue otherwise, was a solution in both the scientific and temporal sense.

He smiled softly. "Fai--er, your Highness," he said with a slight smile, "I think a toast to our arrival sounds amazing. Also, if I may be a touch bold, it is good to see you all today," he said with a cheery tone, the sort that was obviously happy to be in pleasant company, even if a few people in the room probably did want to kill him. Honestly, it reminded him of his military days. It wasn't like Garter and her friends probably hadn't had a plan to off him when it was convenient. After all, what was life without a little risk?

"You're all very welcome, now that we have had a moment of greeting where I could make you all be uncomfortable I would ask that you step inside our throne room over this way, I must ask you leave the glasses for a the time, but I promise we will come back, drink, eat and tell stories till the dawn"

if she could last that long she took a deep breath and went into the throne room this room with its high ceilings, and columns. It was so official it made her want to change it to something more familiar more friendly. Faith picked up her skirt slightly walked towards the throne she gathered her strength turned and sat down to look at her guests.

And smiled,

"You are all wondering why you were invited to Aldera, hidden from most of the Galaxy. A place of refuge. You probably expected to be called to Alderaan. Alderaan is my home world, place of birth, my ancestral, but Aldera is my seat of power. It is here I rule." She smiled as Captain Lindsey came in with a large case, she already knew what was in this case.

"I wanted to be able to thank each of you for your efforts in saving my life. A combined effort of Mandalorian and Republic personnel. I wish it could be like that always. but I know differences prevent that."

Faith stood up and then walked to Captain Lindsey, she looked at the mean around her. "It is by my royal decree that a new order be founded on Aldera. Members of this order are only invited for having done something to protect the throne of Aldera, namely me. This order will hence forth be called The Order of the Wolf Cat."

Just then Blu bounded into the room, on cue as was her duty. "Wolf Cat's are a rare breed, they are loyal, fierce and extremely brave. I here by name each of you to this Order, the first members of the Order. To mark this occasion and to show as your appointment to the order receive this "

Faith picked up the first one, and turned to [member="Draco Vereen"], "For all that you did for me, and my family. You who bear the title of Knight Errant of Aldera, take this as a gift. This dagger will identify you to all of Aldera and Alderaan as the elite who saved my life."

Faith stepped toward [member="Vilaz Munin"] "thank you Field Marshall I in in debt to you" and handed him a dagger.

She moved toward [member="Zef Halo"] , "Thank you for everything " handing him a dagger

She looked at Nick, "Nick your assistance helped to save my life" [member="Nick Sept"] handing him a dagger

[member="Reen Lorgon"] , "You were the pilot yes? Thank you" handing him a dagger

She smiled and dismissed Captain Lindsey, "Welcome Order of the Wolf Cat" Blu purred and growled at her feet while looking up at them all. "This is Blu she is a wolf cat, she may not look like much right now but give her a year, she will surprise us all. "

She looked at each of them and hoped that what she offered truly showed her gratitude.

Reen Lorgon

Reen took the dagger with a look of absolute astonishment and confusion. So many questions swirled in his head, but only two came to his now grinning lips. "I accept this honour you highness, but I have two questions." He paused letting out a slight nervous laugh before continuing. "Firstly, who will lead this Order? I'm guessing Draco because, lets face it, he knows what he's doing. And secondly... when do we get started?" He asks, still smiling as he spins the dagger before placing it on his belt.

[member="Faith Organa"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Nick Sept"] [member="Zef Halo"]

They chat and drank, but the Field Marshal kept to himself as he only socialized with those of Draco, Zef, and the princess. The kind of Reen and Nick were those that the Mandalorian was suspicious of. Their affiliations were one that caused Vilaz to be wary of the presences of these two men; however, he wouldn't cause a violent scene in front of the masses. No need of that at this time and place. That could wait when the Warrior would see those two individuals on the battlefield.

The lovely princess then called for the invited guests to take a step in the magnificent throne room. The noble woman then gave out a speech to her audience. She thanked the combined forces of the men that stood before her that came from different cultures and affiliations. What caught the Field Marshal was that they were being inducted as the first members of a new order that Faith had commissioned. Was Vilaz honored? Absolutely, but what he couldn't stand was being in a group with his enemies. He wouldn't deny his induction, yet it'd nagged him on having a sense of "brotherhood" with those that he was unfamiliar with and in war with. Nevertheless, the Redneck knew that he didn't had to like or consider Reen and Nick his brothers-in-arm, he just had to respect them and cooperate with them in this private order of Aldera.

"Thank you," Vilaz said to Faith and nodded his head as she gave him her thanks and received the dagger from her. Where he would usually put sheath his Fett-Kal knife was vacant, but that hole would be filled as he sheathed his handsome dagger in its place.

His face, not concealed by his helmet, looked at Blu and observed it. It was a new species that he was introduced to and was amazed by it. "Thank you, your highness. I do appreciate the gift and this induction to your order," the Bounty Hunter said and awaited for the answers that Faith had to Reen's question. In his mind, Vilaz hoped that the role of leadership would given to him, Draco, or Zef. Not because of his feelings to these men of the Republic, but because it would make sense in a tactful manner.

[member="Reen Lorgon"], [member="Faith Organa"], [member="Draco Vereen"], [member="Nick Sept"], [member="Zef Halo"]

Draco accepted the little dagger from Faith, clipping the scabbard to his belt where it fit just fine. Having helped forge the daggers he knew what they were and what they were able to do without having to take a second look or close inspection. Ceremonial for the most part, the blades had very minor, very basic Sith Alchemy treatments during the forging, granting them the ability to hold their edge, reflect blaster bolts, and deflect the blades of lightsabers. With the dagger clipped to his belt, Draco stood off and away from the group, glaring through his visor as each person accepted the blade, their recognition for encroaching on his sworn duties and their proof they existed because he had failed alone. Draco listened as Faith indebted herself to those around him and gritted his teeth behind his visor.

Blu, the little wolf-cat made its way over to him, rubbing his legs with her little body for a moment before looking up at him and mewling loudly. Draco's visor tilted down, the creature's reflection visible in the red visor. The little animal meowed loudly again, sitting up on its back legs waiting for him. Reluctantly the Mandalorian plucked the animal from the ground and held it up again his shoulder, where the little creature began inspecting his armor for only a moment, before turning its attention to look at the other guests, watching them closely while she kneaded the leather on Draco's pauldron.

"I will lead the order, and its not a permanent assignment. Its symbolic. You aren't expected to pull guard duty, but if called upon you are expected to answer that call." The Mandalorian didn't think he could handle having these people around all the time. No, he was certain there would be a fight if he had to wake up every morning for his cup of caf and be reminded these were the unlikely lot that saved his betrothed. He didn't much like the ceremony or the order itself, but he wasn't exactly going to fight over appreciating the assistance that was provided. Faith wanted to, and he kept his feelings on the matter shrouded for now.

[member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Nick Sept"] | @Reen Lorgan

Nick Sept

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Zef Halo"] [member="Reen Lorgon"] [member="Faith Organa"]

Nick watched the room unfold. "I hope you'll forgive me for saying this, but I sincerely hope my services aren't needed, and your life isn't put at risk again," he said with smile, accepting the knife graciously. He hoped against all hope that this wouldn't conflict with his obligations to the Republic. Still, the senator had many thoughts on his mind. He smiled slightly. "I accept this honor, with what it entails, your highness, my friend," he said with a smirk. He looked to the others. Draco was a good man, but he was practically seething. Vilaz seemed to keep to himself. Zef wasn't quite his company, it seemed. He wished there wasn't so much resentment. Why? Why did every man, woman, and child in the Republic have to bear the weight of these old grudges?

He bowed in return. "If that call comes, I'll do what I can. However, I think tonight we can worry less about duty and valor, and more about enjoying time with others. Surely you can humor a young fool for a few drinks?" He said, watching the armored men intently. It was half of a joke. Frankly, he was middle-aged, and looked it, despite being in his early twenties. The joys of Clone life. Live long enough to be pissed off you didn't get any longer. He smirked. "After all, it's not often we get to dine with decent folks--although I'm uncertain if I qualify," he said with a wry laugh. These Mandos may have thought they were talking to a devil, or a soft-skinned aristocrat. Truth was, they were dealing with a common man. A grunt turned hero. And, of course, a damned fool.

He smiled warmly. He'd befriend these folks or die trying. He nodded to Vilaz. "Might seem an odd request, but you strike me as the type to know," he said with a nod, glowing eyes flickering a bit. "Any good places nearby to go fishing? I haven't caught something on my own in ages," he said with a chuckle. "Every body in the capital lives off of take-out, it seems like."

Of course the meeting could not have been on Alderaan, that would have been too simple; though in the likelyhood that something were to happen, this hidden world was a place better suited for whatever this meeting was. The woman was still frustrated, and the thought of leaving the planning for even a moment was digging at her mind. A heavy sigh slipped from her lips as she stood upon the bridge of the vessel, arms clasped behind her back as the world came into view.

Aldera, hidden from the galaxy. Had she time to admire it more she might have, though as it was, she was late enough. Quickly pivoting upon her hind foot, she slipped from the bridge. The corvette slowly approaching the world before taking up a position in orbit. She didn't need to show off the vessel, thus a simple shuttle to the world below would do. After all, late as she was, she didn't need to announce it to the entirety of the world below.

A first shuttle though had already departed from the vessel, a courier to carry the message of her arrival as rapidly as possible. If she could, she would slip into the event as quietly as she could without calling much attention to herself. Leaning back slightly in her seat, she closed her eyes for a moment, the others with her just watching as the shuttle slowly slipped through space. Rocking back and forth as it danced upon the atmosphere before diving downwards towards the landing platform nearest to the palace.

The courier on the other hand had already arrived, and found their way to the palace. A note in their hand, heavy breathing as they approached the captain of the guard, or at least a superior from the looks of it. With heavy breath they leaned forward, one hand upon their knee the other extended with the letter.

"Apologies from my Commander to the Princess. She should arrive shortly."

The young woman took another deep breath, attempting to catch herself before looking up.

"It needs to be delivered quickly."

[member="Faith Organa"]

The message was delivered timely yes she knew that some would be unhappy about not being on Alderaan, but Faith had her reasons for this. Aldera was where she would rule when her mother decided to step down. "No [member="Nick Sept"] I do not expect to have all of you come to my rescue this is not that kind of order"

It was here that she would make friends, and build forces to contend with anyone who came near the system. She needed to protect Aldera, and Alpha Mae from where she sat now.

Ana took the note from the guard, and then moved to whisper to Faith, she nodded, "Have her take a message back, Lady [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] I am most honored you can come, Please come when you can, safety first." Ana returned to the messenger, and repeated the message.

Faith looked at her guests. "Yes this is more symbolic than my ordering you into service. But I would like to hold my remarks as I have received word that we will have another joining us, so please enjoy."

Faith gave Ana a look that said...food..it was then that the serving droid came out carrying a tray of assorted finger foods. Hopefully everyone would find something they liked.

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Reen Lorgon"] [member="Zef Halo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom