Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Battlemaster Armor [Stardust and Co]

Status
Not open for further replies.
commission__imperial_commando_by_turin_the_forsaken-d35zkew.jpg

Image Source: By David Fernandez
Intent: To provide the paying customer Queen Raxis of Imahaylen with armor for her work as a mercenary
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/87613-seeing-star-the-merc-who-needs-phrik/
Manufacturer: Rendili Stardrive
Model: Modified Battlemaster Armor
Affiliation: Stardust and her Delta Squad
Modularity: yes (wrist flamethrower for other wrist weapon if desired)
Production: Semi-Unique x 5
Material: Phrik, Armorweave Cloak, Blastweave
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 9.2 kg
Quality: 9
Special Features:
Description: Changing little about the overall design of the combat armor designed originally for Rendili's Battlemasters, Rendili Stardrive made minor modifications to several sets of the phrik armor at the behest of the Twi'lek Queen of Imahaylen Stardust Raxis. Such changes include the addition of magnogrip boots, a wrist mounted flamethrower, and a light shield unit to all the sets she purchased. The oxygen supply was also increased from a standard of twenty minutes to that of a full armor in the event of an emergency. As such the Battlemaster armor modified for the mercenary's work is superior to the standard set as the added shield increases its defensive qualities while the magnogrip boots add the ability to respond in unstable terrain or zero gravity environments. The added flamethrower also increases the combat effectiveness of the armor outside of Stardust's own armor set.

Instead, Stardust's armor's forearm can retract and fold in its shoulder unit, a specific design choice at her own request in order for the Twi'lek mercenary to utilize her inorganic limb (We don't know why anyone would do this to themselves). Which in fact is a very dangerous weapon in and out itself after it rearranges into a heavy cannon. As such the flamethrower could not be mounted to take the retracting folds into account for her arm. The retracting folds are also present in her custom helmet, as the helm was specifically shaped to take into account her lekku. Accommodating the alien's head tails not being an bothersome chore as the original battlemaster armor used by Rendili Security Divisions was adjusted for alien service members in the past.

Aside from these changes, the Battlemaster Armor still comes equipped with its standard features included in the base set. Which include a wrist mounted capable launcher, a full spectrum helmet display, and an armorweave cloak. Accompanying Electrostaffs were also created from phrik for the order following its standard features and Imahaylen's Queen's desire to provide her mercenary team with effective weapons to protect themselves with. The weapons themselves, outside their phrik construction, hold no additional modifications.

Primary Source: Rendili Battlemaster Armor

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Camellia Swift said:
Manufacturer: Rendili Stardrive
Link the company that you will be using please.

Camellia Swift said:
Production: Limited/Semi-Unique (for her squad members)
Please list the squadmembers that will be receiving this armor.

Camellia Swift said:
Instead, Stardust's armor's arm can retract and fold in upon itself, a specific design choice at her own request in order for the Twi'lek mercenary to utilize her inorganic limb.
How does the armor retract upon itself?

Camellia Swift said:
Issued with an accompanying phrik electrostaff
This is a limited Phrik weapon that is not listed in this sub. This sub is for armor, not for the weapon. Please remove this.

[member="Camellia Swift"]

[member="Zephyr Carrick"]

I do not know who the squad members are, only that it will be for a Delta Squad which includes Stardust and 4 Others. So I put in x 5 for you if that's alright.

Camellia Swift said:
Instead, Stardust's armor's arm can retract and fold in upon itself, a specific design choice at her own request in order for the Twi'lek mercenary to utilize her inorganic limb. Which in fact is a very dangerous weapon in and out itself after it rearranges into a heavy cannon. As such the flamethrower could not be mounted to take the retracting folds into account for her arm. The retracting folds are also present in her custom helmet, as the helm was specifically shaped to take into account her lekku. Accommodating the alien's head tails not being an bothersome chore as the original battlemaster armor used by Rendili Security Divisions was adjusted for alien service members in the past.

http://i.makeagif.com/media/8-13-2015/ZutYnY.gif

I did explain that it folds up. Think like how Iron-man's armor retracts and folds. Because her arm is a transforming weapon that wouldn't be able to unless the arm retracted/folded up into the shoulder.

And no, I will not remove the phrik electrostaff as it was approved in the original submission I made and is right there in the primary source and is as such applicable here. The only things that should even be judged in this submission should be the changes to the original such as the added shield, boots, gloves, and wrist weapon. Everything else has already been approved already for the Battlemaster Armor, I'm just submitting modifications for a semi-unique order.

[member="Camellia Swift"],

Camellia Swift said:
I do not know who the squad members are, only that it will be for a Delta Squad which includes Stardust and 4 Others. So I put in x 5 for you if that's alright.
That's fine. then only those five people may be able to use the armor.

Camellia Swift said:
I did explain that it folds up. Think like how Iron-man's armor retracts and folds. Because her arm is a transforming weapon that wouldn't be able to unless the arm retracted/folded up into the shoulder.
Does it transform into her arm, or into just a central chest piece much like the iron man suit does in the second one. You specify that it does retract and fold upon itself, and why some parts of it can't, but you do not list what it forms into. I assume it forms into her mechanical limb, but that would be quite cumbersome, as the armor's weight does not change. Thus, holding an entire suit of armor into a mechanical limb would be a very bad decision. Hence my statement to add information.

Camellia Swift said:
And no, I will not remove the phrik electrostaff as it was approved in the original submission I made and is right there in the primary source and is as such applicable here. The only things that should even be judged in this submission should be the changes to the original such as the added shield, boots, gloves, and wrist weapon. Everything else has already been approved already for the Battlemaster Armor, I'm just submitting modifications for a semi-unique order.
I am sorry to inform you, but you are incorrect. I have to judge everything as its own submission. Even if it is a vamped up version of it previously. In this current one that I am judging, you have a lot of inconsistencies. Let me list them all for you.
  • Your company does not make armor. Its a ship building company. Yes, you have made armor before, and I will let it slide because its a few sets of armor. But your company, and I quote, "Operations: shipbuilding, minor vehicle production, droid construction" It does not list armor creation or fabrication.
  • Your first submission mentions "Electrostaff" and this one mentioned "Phrik Electrostaff" Two entirely different things. Electrostaffs can be made out of durasteel or iron, or any other material. Hence why I asked you to remove the weapon. If you want a phrik electrostaff, then get more phrik, and make a sub for the weapon, and mention in the weapons sub, that this is given with the armor.
  • Your armor quality changes from submission to submission. It is the same armor, with additional gear. So, knock down your quality to 8 if you really want to stick to your previous submission. as the rating 10, is for event level tech, or gear that is made almost like a complete tank. As your armor is not such, please do as I ask.
  • Please do not tell me what I can, and cannot do. It is rather rude.
I am content on working with you on making your armor. I can, and will allow you to compromise with me. So, please conform to what I ask for various reasons that I have mentioned.

Stardust's Arm is its own submission in the factory. The forearm of the armor just folds up and sits around her shoulder until she turns her arm normal again so it can fold back down to fit. It doesn't turn into anything on its own.

The armor quality I bumped up to 10 because I added the shield unit. It's not too strange to think its protective qualities went up, and don't tell me its only for event level tech because I can go grab at least two mass produced class 10 armors that were definitely not event related and approved. However, I did lower it to 9 because it is only the shield and not more protective gear after that, mostly new utility. You might also noticed I added 1.2 kg to the weight because logically with the new equipment it's a bit heavier.

Also i agree with you on the armor not being part of my company's typical production and I wouldn't try and pass myself off as an armorer. As far as I'm aware though companies were, and still are unless it was changed, to supply their own security tools. (hence a blaster in my product list if you follow my signature). IC this is just a modification to existing armor someone paid a hefty sum to purchase and upgrade, so I am not sure any rules are being broken as I am not in actuality submitting a plethora of armors I cannot product.

Also the electrostaffs have always been phrik, read the description of the original again because I can't quote it.

It was also commented on by Braith in her response in the post beneath it that the armor is phrik, but because of the amount of work I did for a generic armor, the generic weapon was alright. As such it is not a change between that sub or this one.

Camellia Swift said:
Stardust's Arm is its own submission in the factory. The forearm of the armor just folds up and sits around her shoulder until she turns her arm normal again so it can fold back down to fit. It doesn't turn into anything on its own.
Okay.

Zephyr Carrick said:
or gear that is made almost like a complete tank.

Camellia Swift said:
and don't tell me its only for event level tech because I can go grab at least two mass produced class 10 armors
Yes. I do know of armor that is level 10 that are mass produced. However, they were specifically built to be at the rating of 10. Your's is not. Phrik may be lightsaber resistant, and highly energy resistant, and can still "shave" off like any other metal can. Hence why I am asking you to reduce it.

Camellia Swift said:
I did lower it to 9 because it is only the shield and not more protective gear after that
That I am fine with, and understand. The shield adds resistances. However, it is still not level 10 tech.

but that's a personal preference.

Camellia Swift said:
Also the electrostaffs have always been phrik, read the description of the original again because I can't quote it. It was also commented on by Braith in her response in the post beneath it that the armor is phrik, but because of the amount of work I did for a generic armor, the generic weapon was alright.
As I said before, each item is judged independently from one another. As well, her preference differs from mine. I do not see the purpose of putting it in the submission when it is not related to the armor in any way shape or form. The weapon is separated from the armor. So here is what I am going to tell you. Mention in your description about making the phrik staffs with this set of armor, and I will let it slide.

[member="Camellia Swift"]

Maybe if it were a molecular shield. (Its not, but if it was I mean)

Also added the electrostaffs to the description for you and also reworked the mention of Stardust's arm to hopefully make it easier for future readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom