Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battle for the Holocron

Lord Vexx set down a shuttle and told his guards to remain there. This hunt was his and his alone. The Force was strong with this place. But it was not so simple as just an artefact. Jedi. The scum of the universe. A chance to kill, though. A rocky, desert world, a nearby cave network was the most likely candidate for this ancient holocron’s hiding place.

[member="Jesrix Aevin"] [member="Wrenarias"]

Aevin landed his small ship and immediately sensed darkness. A man, and a holocron. And then something unexpected. Distant. Another Jedi. Alone. Her thoughts betrayed her. A twi’lek. Insecure. Emotional. He had to find her before he could secure the holocron. She was as much a danger as she was an asset now.

The cave was uncomfortably dark, oppressively so. It felt as if the walls, that she couldn't quite make out through the darkness, were pressing in on her as she made her way down the path. In one hand, Wrenarias held a torch to light her way, though the beam of light only cut through a few feet of shadow ahead of her. The other hand held a strange baton with an extended hilt -- a modified lightsaber, that she had yet to activate.

"How come... none of these blasted temples or ruins ever have proper lighting?" She muttered under her breath.

She was taking her time making her way forward, not wanting to inadvertently trigger some hidden booby trap. "Just once... could the sith have enjoyed a well lit, well ventilated spot? Is that so much to ask for?"

Of course, she already knew the answer to that question. It must have been some ancient tradition to make one's self as miserable as possible.

[member="Ren Vexx"]
[member="Jesrix Aevin"]

“Of course not. Take care. Five feet ahead of you- a trigger plate. Probably a mine to bring this entrance down.” Aevin was sure he had frightened her. “I am Jedi Knight Aevin. Almost here, there’s a sociopathic Sith Lord. You’ll need assistance to fight him. I don’t have time to train you. You’re not here for the holocron. What do you want?” Aevin snuck around the side of the pressure plate.

[member="Wrenarias"]

The twi'lek yelped when the Jedi suddenly appeared out of the darkness behind her. She took a step backwards while bringing the hilt of her saber up, ready to strike the source of the voice. Her posture made it clear that she was accustomed to defending herself, as the stance was solid.

Her lavender eyes narrowed slightly at the man when he spoke of an approaching sith lord. She hadn't expected to find a Sith here, but it wasn't exactly surprising that one would seek out the holocron hidden inside this cave.

She clicked her tongue in frustration, lowering the hilt back to her side.

"I'm looking for someone. What are you doing here?" She countered, slipping around the pressure plate.

[member="Jesrix Aevin"]

“Keeping the holocron out of Sith hands.” Aevin said. “I recognise the ship in orbit. Lord Vexx. Eternal Empire. Sociopathic killer. Has a small army. Too proud to use it.”

[member="Wrenarias"]

The cave the pair walked through eventually opened to a massive antechamber. The ceiling was high enough overhead that when Wrenarias tilted her head back to look up, she couldn't see the structure. A frown touched her lips and she shook her head a few times.

A pedestal was set in the middle of the chamber, with a single beam of outside light from above illuminating the holocron that was placed on top of the small table. She tilted her head curiously at the sight, finding the entire atmosphere to be rather foreboding. Her eyes flicked to the holocron and then back to Jesrix.

"Mmm... that what you're looking for, I take it?" She asked in a low voice.

[member="Jesrix Aevin"]

“Yes. It is.” A filtered voice said. The holocron twitched on the pedestal as Aevin and Vexx competed for it. “Argh! That belongs to the Sith! You have no need of it!” He ignited his red blade. “Step away or I will kill you both. Master and apprentice.”

[member="Jesrix Aevin"] [member="Wrenarias"]

Wrenarias tensed when she sensed the unmistakable presence of a sith lord. Darkness and malice seemed to writhe through the force, swirling around the masked man.

She grit her teeth and activated her own lightsaber, the blade a pale jade color that chased away the deep shadows of the chamber. There was no hesitation as she shifted her weight into a defensive stance, holding the extended hilt of her lightsaber with two hands. Her eyes were narrowed ever so lightly, readying herself to react to the Sith's next movement.

"You are more than welcome to try." She growled.

Vexx took a deep breath and launched himself at @Wrenarias. He attacked ferociously, but still clearly toying with her, testing her strength. He didn’t want to kill her. “I feel your angst. Your loss. Your fear. Use them. Fight. Back!”

If the Sith had been expecting an inexperienced and timid padawan, he would soon be sorely mistaken. While Wren's emotions were not the serene calm one might expect of a Jedi, her skills with a lightsaber were certainly not to be dismissed -- she was dangerous. Her previous mentor trained her extensively in combat during their time together.

A grin flashed across her features as her saber connected with the sith's, staying a blow that'd been intended to strike her shoulder. The twi'lek leaned closer, the vibrant jade aura cast from her blade illuminating her face in a dance of light and shadow.

"Surely, you can do better than that." She taunted, turning Vexx's blade to the side to allow her to maneuver around in an attempt to flank him.

Aevin dove into the fight. “Take the holocron back to the entrance! Go!” An orange glow filled the room each time Aevin’s and Vexx’s lightsabers collided. Aevin cut at Vexx’s torso.

But Vexx was having none of it. When he deflected the blow, he force pushed Aevin to the side. This time, when he dove at [member="Wrenarias"], he intended to kill. “There’s power in you. Wasted in a Jedi.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom