Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Bastion | Knights Obsidian

Vytal could sense Taramaz's eyes on her, though the woman of Dathomir paid it no mind. So long as he did not make a show of it publicly, there was no reason to make a spectacle of it herself. Sean-Olc in particular aside, her pale skin and stark facial tattoos often received guarded or hostile attention. To say nothing of how awkward it might be for a man to be recognized only to then assault an Obsidian Lord before such an audience. No, Vytal trusted the male's judgment was sound else he'd have not ended up at this meeting.

As to what was said, Vytal did not personally favor blasters and armor as a focus, herself. What Lunara said resonated with the sentiments the Nightmother held for herself and the Mandragora as a whole. Yet, their primary focus was on learning more about the world itself and ensuring its continued existence. Their battles were not plagued with worry of blasters and Star Destroyers as those of the physical battlefields were. That said, with recent events foremost at their collective attention, they would not ignore or neglect the danger posed by the physical. That threat was why their Castle's defenses were as strong as they were, after all.

Gerwald's forthright statement drew Vytal's gaze with an ever so slight arch to one brow. It was no foolish to at least contemplate whether an idea was necessary. Some in the Mandragora had even whispered in dark places of the CDF and the Confederacy as a whole -- how the Witches and Warlocks might be better off going their own way. Matters none here needed to become aware of; the Nightmother had not lost her faith in the collective's ability to adapt and improve. Their alliance was far more beneficial than being an isolated pocket with far fewer resources with which to stand such an assault.

Vytal agreed with Rience's initial assessment. The betrayal had been unexpected in its scope. A lone individual or a cell, perhaps, but leveraging an armada? Someone of high enough influence they could command such an assault? There had been strong inclination to swat the starships from orbit; and it was only knowing the Confederacy would not so lightly betray them that stayed her hand. Until the ground forces kicked in the door despite her warning. Unfortunately, the fact it had happened once only meant it could happen again. It was a cold fact that made reassuring Sisters and Brothers far more difficult than if there had been no precedent.

The idea put forth about Sithspawn soon caused the Dathomiri present to sit a little straighter. "Such is possible. Yet it cannot be done lightly. A weapon -- whatever its nature -- not treated with due respect will turn against the one wielding it." Something she hoped the Confederacy took to mind when it came to their droids, though she was not personally versed in such topics to tell. One could not be a Master in every skill.

With technology not being her strong suit, Vytal would leave who to trust and how to acquire to the rest. As for the matter of training, "It is not enough to teach a person how to better wield the power within their grasp. Such can make them a formidable foe on the battlefield, but like Sithspawn if the mind or soul of that person is unprepared such strength may become as detriment. Our Knights must know themselves, and be committed as strongly to their ideals and beliefs as they are to learning how to become stronger, faster, or more powerful. Establish specialized groups, if it becomes necessary, but the masses must be as strong here," Vytal touched her temple, "as they are here," and then extended a closed fist out before her.

Tag: Áine | Hisashi | Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Beric Layne Beric Layne | Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi | Taramaz Laurs | Darth Metus Darth Metus

Tags: Áine | Hisashi | Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Beric Layne Beric Layne | Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi | Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi | Taramaz Laurs | Darth Metus Darth Metus

Voph sighed quietly. Where to begin? Rience had asked about Sithspawn, and how it might be used for their gain. Voph was familiar with the process, of course, but he never had need to summon such a beast himself. He gestured towards Vytal as she spoke her opinions on the matter. "I concur. For a time, it was my purview to track down and destroy wayward Sithspawn. It is possible. But it is not one I can recommend in good faith. But if such is the will of this council, you shall have my support."

Voph turned to look at the masters around him, as the discussion turned to war, skills, armaments, and the like. He was silent for a moment, a grim look on his face. "There are some present that know me on a somewhat personal level." His gaze flickered towards Vytal for a moment as he said this. "But many of you do not know of my nature. My history." Voph's head dipped slightly as he spoke, remembering times far past. "I was born of war. Conflict and Trial are all I have known. When I first took up my blade, it was in service to a nation. Not because of any great values or beliefs. It was because we were at war. I have borne witness to many things. Great and terrible. Horrific and inspiring. I have fought along side men driven to the brink of insanity for the fear invading their minds. I have seen mighty battleships ripped from the skies by nothing more than sheer force of will."

Voph paused, remembering back on the most poignant moment. The turning point of his opinion towards the Sith. A moment so horrifying, it still haunted him to this day. Others at the table may have heard of the ancient event, most had likely not. But all present could understand the implications.

"I still hear the screams of an entire planet. Turned to ash on the whim of a mad man. With nothing more than a thought, Ziost was consumed by the Force, leaving nothing but decay in its wake." Voph looked to Lunara Azure Lunara Azure . "Lady Azure speaks true. Armor and armaments have their value. But it is not our strength. The Force is a power capable of such catastrophic destruction, many without it cannot begin to fathom. People of our abilities are seen as legendary. More than once, even the Jedi and Sith have been seen as little more than myths. We would be unwise to abandon this."

Voph turned to look at Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris and nodded once to indicate he was speaking directly to the man. "Yours is perhaps the most moving point, Lord Centaris. Fear do not great leaders make. I concur that whatever avenues we explore should be given the due thought and consideration they deserve before attempting to implement them. And, to that point, I feel that while it is certainly within our scope to bring the Defense Force to heel, it would be unwise to take action against them. I, too, have lived through a betrayal from within. And I know well what would happen if we begin a war against those who are supposed to be our brothers." Voph spoke to the entirety of the gathered now. "Apatros was brought about by an outside force. But it revealed members of the Confederacy all too willing to see it through. And while there are some elements of the Defense Force that would gladly finish what was started on Apatros, so too are there elements among our own ranks that would seek death and destruction among the Defense Force. For now, we wait. Tensions are high. And not for the benefit of our nation. Peace is the end goal. Never victory."

Voph glanced at Rience to finally address the questions he had proposed. "While armaments are not vital to beings such as we, they are still helpful. I have an excellent relationship with John Locke, and would trust him for the production of items for our use. If not, then my planet has the means to produce whatever we may deem necessary. For your consideration."

Voph paused for a moment to collect his thoughts as he prepared to answer the second question. "While the Knights Obsidian have established schools and academies, across a number of disciplines, I still feel that apprenticeship is perhaps the most viable approach. A work of art is seldom made in a factory, unless it is a cheap reproduction. The academies can teach the hopefuls. Educate those that would seek to join our midst. Squires would begin to learn under the direction of a Mentor, be they worthy Knights, or Masters outright. While our numbers may not support a direct one to one ratio, a Mentor teaching to the sum of two or three would be far more adept than one teaching to the average of many."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom