Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Barrier-Class Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silens Telum

Blackcraft Interventions 'CEO'
SepFlagship2_zps5ba252a3.png
SepFlagship_zps5c692020.png
Intent: To create a Flagship for the CSA's fleet.
Manufacturer:
Saiba Group
Model: Star Destroyer/Mon Calamari Cruiser hybrid
Affiliation: CSA
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel
Description: A hybrid construction of Kuat and Mon Calamari shipyard designs put together by technicians and engineers 'acquired' from either company by the CSA collective to create a cobbled-together design in a quick attempt to get a defensive fleet rolling and ensure system dominance by preventing ships from leaving. Being a crossover design is a plus in the realm of being able to acquire parts from both manufacturers, as well as removing some of the weakpoints of the designs, such as the high target the bridge of a Star Destroyer normally presents, as well as higher speed from the Mon Calamari Cruisers. However, it is difficult to get repairs done at anywhere other than facilities run by the CSA. On whole it holds much of the same firepower as an Imperial II-Class Star Destroyer with a slimmed down profile.

The bow is primarily a Destroyer clone, giving the ship similar firepower to a Star Destroyer. The aft section of the ship is a bulky tribute to the Mon Calamari ships of the past, drawing heavily from their reliance on speedier movement and as a result needing larger engines in order to provide that momentum. The bridge of the ship is similar in look to the typical bridges of Star Destroyers, without being a large target stuck far out from the bulk of the ship.

After the takeover and subsequent release of assets under Ty’rel, Saiba retained the designs and production rights of high priority technology for a fair sum of money.

Classification: Assault Command Ship
Production Line: Barrier-Class
Role: Flagship, Destroyer
Height: 500 meters
Width: 600 meters
Length: 1,600 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: SFS I-a2b solar ionization reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 1, backup 10
Minimum Crew: 4,500
Optimal Crew: 36,000
Armaments:

• Octuple Barbette Turbolaser(8)
  • Heavy Ion Cannons(20)
  • Heavy Turbolaser Batteries(75)
  • Turbolaser batteries(75)
  • Point-Defense Laser Cannon(75)
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Gravity Well Projectors(2)
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • KDY ISD-72x Deflector Shield Generator Domes (2) (Local Area-effect)
  • LeGrange Targetting Computers
  • Phylon Q7 Tractor Beam Projectors(4)
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
Passenger Capacity: 9,000
Cargo Capacity: 50,000 tons
Consumables: 4 years
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 9

Lemme know if there's anything to clarify/edit/etc.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Currently the CSA isn't ranked as a Major Faction. Major factions can build fleets and such, but right now in the rules there is no definition for what a Minor Faction can build. So for the time being we'll work with you on the design to get it to where it would be accepted however it can't be built and RPed until the CSA becomes a Major Faction, or a more senior staff member corrects me on what abilities a minor faction may posses.

So right now just looking at the ship, I'd say the stats don't seem over powered, it almost looks like you literally copy and pasted from the Star Destroyer wiki entry. There are a few issues, I don't see any fighters being carried by this thing is that correct or an oversight?

Also I'd like some more details in the description section. It's a Mon Cal/ Kuat hybrid, how did the two design philophes meld? Heck how is it a hybrid? What parts were used where? Who actually designed the ship? Where is it going to be built? (If Minor factions can build ships like this than this potentially becomes important) Maybe list a few advantages and disadvantages to the hybridization. For a Flagship I would think a larger more in depth description would be appropriate, especially if you want it in that "Hero Unit" class.

Silens Telum

We're going to be becoming a Major Faction as soon as... well, I figure out how it is we go about doing that. Moridin has been dodging that question. >.> But I can add stuff in, and yeah, the carrier part isn't going to be involved.

Edited, but it's late, so if I missed anything, lemme know, and when I'm awake I'll get back to it.

Silens Telum said:
Free Dac Volunteers Engineering Corps

That's most likely a group wanting to free Dac/Mon Calamari from Sith control, yes? If so, I'm assuming that they gave you the designs for the ship, and you built it on your faction's shipyards. Just to clarify.

Silens Telum

I would say it's more a group of 'free'(Or not tied down to Dac shipyards) Engineers working with designs that were 'borrowed' from their home world.

Silens Telum said:
We're going to be becoming a Major Faction as soon as... well, I figure out how it is we go about doing that.
Major factions are factions that have a sphere of influence. Or, they have already asked Teferi for a capital and a sphere of influence and are awaiting for it to be put on the map. The requirement for this is to have at least 5 unique writers.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Okay as to Major Faction it's what Darth Apparatus said. This thread I believe is where you're supposed to establish that you have 5 active and unique writers, by having them post in there.

As for Free Dac Volunteers Engineering Corps its my understand that after the Clone Wars it was absorbed by the Empire like almost all of the CIS Assets and therefore doesn't exist anymore. So that means, this is either a new entity or I'm wrong.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The stats are sound, the 'questionable' subcontractor has been edited out, the faction is going to be on the map tomorrow. You've thought out some of the negative aspects of being a hybrid design, and you've given the ship a lot of realistic disadvantages. There's nothing wrong with this submission and no dangerous precedents involved. Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom