Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baran Do

qBeTUya.png
Many thousands of years ago, long before we heard of the Jedi, long before our numbers dwindled as they have. We were the force sensitives of our world, Dorin. We saw our gifts and chose to use them how we knew, enhancing our senses, strengthening them to perceive the impending dangers. But that was only the beginning.​
8TVkcot.jpg
We grew through meditation, we dwelled on the force and on our own hearts to gain peace. And, in doing so, we also gained a connection. We we gifted with visions of the past, and of the future, and so our positions as advisors for disaster were only furthered. It was our job then, as it is now. The force chose to strengthen us and we learned from it. We helped others of our world to protect themselves from whatever may came.​

cVgn8DQ.jpg

Right or wrong, when Dorin joined the Galactic Republic many years ago, the Jedi welcomed many of us into their arms, and many of our following generations who were sensitive to the force as well. Perhaps it was for the best, perhaps we were protected because we became nearly myth in time. And I can believe that good was done by it as well. But we remained, hidden for a time, but present. Barely.

Even when we came back, we did not return in full, and we have not returned to the numbers we once had. Perhaps that is as the force willed. However, there has been a change. We have returned to the public eye. I speak to you now as Master of the Order of Baran Do. Eleven years I have maintained it, gotten used to it, but it is time to further it as The Master of the Order before me had already begun.

I am in search, for those that desire help, and for those that wish to help. We may only be able to accept force sensitives into our ranks, but we will not limit ourselves to helping our world. Should you but ask, or should we find those who need it, we will do our best to help in what ways we can. As advisors, but at worst, as temporary protectors.

OOC:
Any questions can be directed at me.

A new minor faction looking for members and allies. They would be somewhat particular on who they work with once it gets in regards to anything they see as wrong, however they're willing to help a lot of people.

They also need ships, as right now they're pretty local to Dorin, so any external travel would either require personal ships or paid transportation and due to the nature of their roles they might need to move around a lot. So that would also be helpful.

If there isn't enough clarification above I'll give a summary:
The Baran Do are a light side force sensitive group focusing particularly on the use of sensory abilities and variations of foresight, precognition, and visions, with a very heavy emphasis on meditation and peace of the mind and heart. Though many of them are actually quite powerful in the force, particularly in regard to telekinesis and a white form of force lightning, they are actually generally very peaceful and tend to avoid conflict, particularly as their main focus aside from maintaining peace is to foresee potential disasters and help to prevent them or lessen the destruction, as they did originally to predict natural disasters. Due to their insight they were also commonly in political and advisory positions as it was a perfect way to avoid future issues having them so close to those who could change things. In spite of their peaceful design they do maintain combat training FOR those who CHOOSE it, and is completely unenforced. This primarily involves martial arts and the use of a staff, as they do not actually use lightsabers, blasters, or bladed weapons. Though the force has been certainly ingrained into this training, it is not required to be proficient in one to learn the other or use them interchangeably in a fight.

Presently, though still peaceful, Xos does expect that there will be times members will have to enter fights due to the turmoil of the galaxy. And has no intention of stopping those that decide they should follow a more combative path, so long as they still adhere to the light side and are not unjust in their actions. Advisors on military matters would also not be uncommon.

While I do have a discord and do go on fairly often (have a discord for the faction here:
https://discord.gg/KTBasYN

I will still check my account for any messages and go on the faction board. So if you don't use discord it isn't a huge issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom