OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a transport ship for ZUBU to use ICly.
- Image Source: Here
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Ashhearth Industries
- Affiliation: Zrimmir Universal Banking Union
- Model: N/A
- Production: Limited
- Material: quadanium steel, reflec, alusteel, starship parts, & electronic components
- Classification: Transport
- Length: 800 meters
- Width: 320 meters
- Height: 200 meters
- Armament: Low; point defense cannon x6 & turbolaser x1 (fore facing)
- Defenses: Very High; molecular shield x1, ion shield x1, deflector shield x1, chaff system, missile deactivation transmitter, & reinforced quadanium steel hull
- Hangar: High: 4
- Maneuverability Rating: Low
- Speed Rating: Low
- Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2 (14 back up)
-Internal lockdown system
-Coma gas release system
- Defenses- The Banker Class Cruiser is a highly defensive civilian transport. The use of reinforced quadanium for the hull and three layers of shields, one of which being molecular, means that the ship can take a good beating naturally. This is further enhanced by the mixture of defensive and advanced systems that make targeting the ship, particularly with missiles, very difficult to do. The HIMS also means it is able to escape interdictors that try to rip it out of space.
- Hangar- The Banker Class Cruiser comes with a few advantages not typical on civilian ships. One of these advantages is increased hangar space. That means it can carry an extra squadron to escort it in case of trouble or an extra squadron to move assets on and off the ship while at port.
- Low Crew Count- The Banker Class Cruiser requires only a third of the amount of crew to run it optimally that another ship of its size would. This frees up more space for cargo space and hangar space because less room is needed for living space and escape pods.
- Slow- The Banker Class Cruiser is not a fast ship. All of the extra features require a lot of power and space, which takes away from the ship's engines. This slows it down a lot. This also effects the maneuverability as well. Both of these combined means the ship can barely out run an average destroyer let alone a ship of its own size.
- Heavy Combat- The Banker Class Cruiser is a ship designed for being hard to hit and able to escape most situations. The problem with this is that it can't handle heavy combat with its lack of armaments. With only point defense cannons and a pair of turbolasers mounted in the fore position, there is little this ship can do in a fight other than take a beating and run away. If it can't escape then it is doomed.
- Boarding Actions- The Banker Class Cruiser is difficult to pull out of hyperspace by interdictors and is highly defensive, but these advantages make it vulnerable to boarding actions. Harpoons and magnetic lines can easily trap the ship and boarding pods or hull-cutting rings can get hostiles inside fairly easily. Once inside the lack of crew numbers limits the defensive options to just locking the ship down and hoping the coma gas is able to knock the intruders out while on board. This means that droids are particularly effective at boarding and taking the ship from the inside.
With pirates and raiders so common out in the galaxy, ZUBU was in need of a large transport ship that could move their physical assets from system to system with little fear. They contacted Ashhearth Industries about making such a ship and with so many former "opportunists" working for the company, they had an idea of how to do it. So they took the job and the end result after some debate was the Banker Class Transport.
The Banker class Carrier is designed in the simple fashion all Ashhearth Industries ships are. It is made from an alusteel frame with a reinforced quadanium hull. Between the frame and hull is where all of the starship parts and electronic components are located. The outer coat of the hull has a layer of reflec over it to block sensors. Three shields were installed for defense in case of piracy: 1 molecular shield, 1 ion shield, and 1 deflector shield. To go with that, a chaff system and anti-missile system were installed to help defend against long ranged munitions designed to cripple the ship. Along with that the ship contains point defense systems and two turbolasers for defending against fighters and freighters.
With the basic design of the Banker class Carrier done, many features were added in. The ship was given the standard stuff any large transport has with a coms system, distress beacon, escape pods, living quarters, and med bay. It was also given the more uncommon but not unusual internal lockdown system and coma gas release canisters in the ship's live support system. These allow for it to lock down and release coma gas if the ship is ever boarded. This addition though is only if the advanced features fail. These advanced features are the ECM, FSDP, and sensor jammer which are to prevent enemies from targeting the ship easily by multiple means, along with the reflec and multiple missile blocking defense systems. It also comes with a signal interceptor to attempt to pick up incoming messages between potential pirate ships and a HIMS to prevent interdictors from pulling it out of hyperspace. It would take a Centerpoint level or a series of interdiction fields all connected together to pull the ship out of hyperspace.