Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Ballad of Rebellion Vol. I || Open to Rebels & NIO

Objective: Prisoner extraction
Tags: Rinoi Ssiv Rinoi Ssiv | Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian | Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire | Saram Kote Saram Kote

Audren took the bottle handed to him and gave it a sniff, then passed it on. He wasn't above drinking by any means but drew a line when the stuff smelled like fighter fuel. So far the situation didn't sound so bad: standard patrols and guards, don't know they're coming. It was a prison, but a prison what was effectively a backwater planet. Plus they had a distraction; once they hear the fighting they go, sneak in under the radar, get the prisoners, and get out. It wasn't a bad plan, especially with the squad of Mandalorian soldiers they had.

The distant explosion was apparently the go-signal. The organizer of this whole event launched forward in his green speeder. The others in the strike force followed suit, leaving behind only those members of the support crews who stayed with the hidden ships. As soon as they broached the shelter and dropped into the valley separating the rally point from the prison gusts could be felt. Rinoi was first and the Sephi could see the sudden deceleration those winds caused, and many of the speeder bikes had trouble keeping a straight line. The pilots were bobbing and weaving like they'd finished off a bottle of the Liberty's Flame each. The speeder trucks were less-affected given how much heavier they were, but they were also significantly slower. Even souped-up as they were they were only about half as fast as the bikes, so it took them just under a minute to get to the other side.

While waiting for the launch command one of the pilots had managed to tap into signals. Air Traffic Control broadcasts were available to all legitimate vessels but a comm scanner was more impressive. Much of the traffic was encrypted, as benefited military comms, but it was enough to get an idea of how much was out there. As could be expected the amount of comm traffic increased exponentially once the frontal assault started, but there was still much more than anticipated. Plus the ATC feed showed a lot more ships than anticipated for such a planet. It was almost enough to worry.

"Incoming."

Now it was time to worry. A glance at the ATC feed showed that some unknown person had dispatched starfighters to the prison and they were heading in fast. The trucks had finally arrived to see several speeder bikes abandoned outside the wall, some more concealed than others. They hadn't planned on using them, but the two drivers hurriedly broke out the Thuraen netting and began spreading it over their transports. The netting was a near-perfect match to the surrounding ground and on the unlikely chance that the vessels had thermal scanners the temperatures were pretty darn close as well...desert planet compared to engines and all.

Meanwhile, Audren had been one of the last ones to scale the wall. A minute twitch of Force power alongside the classic grapnel-and-rope combo allowed him to scale the wall quickly and roll into cover before the fighters got into view. There were no bodies visible in this immediate stretch of wall: either those who'd arrived earlier had hidden them, no traces had been left, or there hadn't been any in the first place. Once the fighters had dropped out of range the Jedi slipped over the side and down into the main prison, rifle carbine held at the ready. It took just a matter of seconds to catch up with the others in the party.

"SM-1, how important did you say this prisoner was? Some yokel scrambled starfighters and has them buzzing around outside."

Previous Post
BALLAD OF REBELLION (VOL. I)
ALLIES | HHA | COMPNOR | MERCS | Albrecht F. Herlock Honoré d'Estiennes d'Orves Espivent Espivent | Don Belkora Zoraya Ives-Ayres Thane Melvain Braxis | Koda Fett
ENEMIES |
NJO | MERCS | Rinoi Ssiv Rinoi Ssiv Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian Audren Sykes Audren Sykes Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire | Saram Kote Saram Kote

vDVBrQ1.png

GOVERNORATE DEFENCE FORCE
TASK FORCE TRACHTA | HEAVY SUPPORT GROUP
TODHUSARS CORPS | 1ST ANAXSI FREE BRIGADE | 2ND TODHUSARS REGIMENT LA SAGAIE | 3RD PARACHUTE COMMANDOS COMPANY BANSHEE
EQUIPMENT | HK-01E JUMPSUIT | DM&S AR-MAS F1 RIFLE | CORTOSIS SWORD
addkebt.png
ANAXSI: BORING BUT ESSENTIAL — PART. I
— 874 ABY, TodHusars' HQ, Yinchorr.

War was something Kelga’an had difficulty to understand. Indeed, he was a soldier for more than twenty-five years now, but he still could not understand why there was war in the Galaxy. Well, maybe it was only necessary, just like administrative work. But the captain wasn’t sure about that. Throwing young men and women in dangerous battles wasn’t something he liked, but he knew that the GDF and the NIO needed those men to fight against the Maw, or the Alliance.

As he was observing his boys, fighting in the former Royal Guard’s training area to be prepared for the next operation, Captain Nukth Kelga’an thought about all that. At this very moment, he was forty-four years old and these questions burned in his head as he was trying to understand his existence and the times in which he had lived for several decades. Maybe he was too old for that. Maybe we all had to stop at a moment. He didn’t know; this question was impossible to answer for the moment. He only… enjoyed it, as he was wandering his gaze among the troopers from 2nd TodHusars Regiment, taking notes of their actions on his datapad in order to give them feedback after their training.

A simple note from his helmet notified him that someone was trying to join him throughout the internal TodHusars comlink. That was Jerec Yularen, from the 1st Regiment. Kelga’an knew because they shared several operations and missions during the last twenty years, from Operation ‘Husars’ Flag’ to today. A good soldier, but a better officer. Someone who cared about his boys as the Banshees’ leader could have seen it during the defence of Dromund Kaas. He took his helmet, wearing it on his head.

« Ah, yes, Jerec, you’re here to tell me some good pieces of news, as always, eh? » the captain said as he was seeing on his pad the task force that Yularen talked about a few seconds ago, « I can see ‘em. Well, ‘think it’s time to take the newborn on a mission with me: Espivent De Catuélan De Don’t-know-what. We’ll see how he’s on a battlefield, » Kelga’an finally added. « But anyway, orders taken, Jerec. Can you tell me how the security forces of the Detention Centre are going? »

As he waited for Jerec’s answer, he called the newly arrived Captain De Catuélan throughout his comms: « Banshee-Leader to Fleuret-Leader, can you hear me? Captain Yularen just told me that an attack is happening in the Detention Centre, so he gives us a task force to see what’s going on, before he comes with his company, » the captain declared to the officer, « Meet me at the spaceport in twelve standard minutes: a corvette is waiting for us. Banshee-Leader, over. »

War finally came to Yinchorr. Or was it Yinchorr coming to war?
addkebt.png
— 874 ABY, near the Detention Centre, Yinchorr.
Task Force YIN-D-047. That was the official name of the squadron that Espivent and Nukth led to the front. As the Confiance-class corvette given by Commodore Herlock was splitting the heavens towards the Detention Centre of Yinchorr, Captain Kelga’an took a look at the TodHusars, waiting for war in the main room of the vessel. Seventeen TodHusars and three Banshees — that was all they would have before Jerec’s arrival. Kelga’an submitted a datapad to De Catuélan, showing the current status of the Detention Centre’s defence forces. « Mercs confirmed on target, » he added as the officer was looking at the file, « nothing difficult besides that, but we should be careful. This might be a diversion for another smaller-scale attack. »

« We’ll be on site in three minutes, be prepared! » the pilot said on the radio.
Next Post

Audren Sykes Audren Sykes Rinoi Ssiv Rinoi Ssiv Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire Saram Kote Saram Kote

"Mandos," Aeshi said, as the figures materialized. "With stealth. I like it. Should give them a surprise-' She turned as Rinoi took a swig from the bottle of whiskey, eyebrows raised. "Stop drinking the incendiaries. I didn't bring enough to both drink and use. Last thing we need is a Jedi who can't hold his whiskey."

She turned as Julius and Audren approached, giving each of them a nod. "Feth, Julius, you're looking older than Jorus at this rate. When'd you let that happen? Audren-" Aeshi replied, jerking a thumb back over the shoulder. "Should be standard guards and patrols. Not enough time for the recon I'd like, but hopefully, the local cells have done a good survey."

Aeshi tightened her gun-belts and slung herself over the seat of a speeder, staring ahead at the wall. A cloud of smoke issued from the front of the building followed moments later by the whump of the explosion. Aeshi twisted the throttle all the way forward and the speeder bike hurtled forward, the world blurring past her as she hurtled forwards. Wind buffeted against the speeders and rock it, but she rolled with it, rather than fighting. Erratic could be good. It was all in the movements, the conservation of energy, and momentum that made speed possible.

It wasn't the same as flying in space, of course, but it was close. Gravity was something to work with instead of against. A loose strand of hair slipped free from beneath her the ear-muffs on her hat, whipping against her face. That, she tucked back under the brim and leaned forward against the side of the bike as the wall hurtled close. She cut the throttle and spun the bike around so it slid to a stop against the wall. She paused for a moment, tilting her head at a distant sound beneath the sudden conflict at the front of the building as Audren and his comrades covered the vehicles.

"Starfighters," Aeshi agreed, unholstering one pistol, and gripping the rope with her other hand. "I wonder..." A bemused smile crossed her face at the thought as she pulled herself up the wall and rolled onto the wall, studying the horizon. They were small craft, by the look of it. Lightly shielded and armored, if at all. She felt the weight of the Enforcer in her hand and the thumb-size slugs stuffed in the shoulder strap on her Voxyn. It could work, perhaps. Tricky, certainly...

She shook her head as she surveyed the layout of the prison and glanced towards Audren, hefting the Omnicutter. "Level two? Next time, I'm planning the fething mission."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom