Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Balance and Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image: Pending Production (Artist working on it)

Intent: To make Lightsabers for Ryn'Dhal to use.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/70567-two-of-my-own-matsu-ike/
Manufacturer: Ryn'Dhal
Model: Custom Dual-Phase Lightsabers
Affiliation: [member=Ryn'Dhal]
Modularity: Limited: Saber Crystal, power supply.
Production: Unique
Material: Basic Lightsaber components, Duranium
Length: 20.32 cm Hilt, 106.68-145 cm adjustable Blade
Weight: 1.0kg
Special Features: Silver blades from silver crystals.

Description:
Twin sabers, identical in construction, down to the silver colored blades. The hilts are curved, shaped to fit snugly in their wielders hands in either a foreword or reversed grip. Their design also lends nicely to shifting ones grip either way mid-combat. A small, unobtrusive nob on each saber allows for adjusting the length of the blade to suite the wielders needs on the fly. Short, for more acrobatic combat, and longer for more traditional dueling. Ryn crafted these out of a desire to protect others. The hope is to never need lethal force, but to be a shield to protect the weak. The capacity to kill if pressed is there, but by having the sabers adjustable, he is able to use the shorter variation to greater effect in conjunction with his high mobility to deflect ranged and melee attacks. Silver, being a purifying metal, is also the color of his crystals, and blades. Fitting, his desire to mete out justice, his soul, reflected in the blades of his sabers.

Ryn'Dhal was born and raised a slave, and as such is familiar with being under the heel of the strong and ruthless, and he refuses to witness such oppression upon another again. These sabers shall be his tools for protect the week, and serving justice where it needs served!

Netherworld

Hello, [member="Ryn'Dhal"]. I'll be your judge today.

Looks to be pretty standard, but there's a couple of minor things that need to be fixed.

Ryn'Dhal said:
Durlanium
  • There's no metal like this in the SW universe. You probably meant duranium.
  • On the same topic, I don't find any reference to it being lighter than durasteel, which is why I'll ask you to bump the weight up to the standard 1 kg.

Ryn'Dhal said:
106.68 cm Blade
  • While this isn't wrong per se, it's nearly half a meter shorter than your standard lightsaber blade, which might put you at a disadvantage.
  • If this is intentional, simply ignore this comment. :p

Last but not least; if you're going through the trouble of submitting this to the factory, I'd ask you to flesh out the Description section a bit more. As it stand, two lines are a bit on the short end.

Tag me with edits/questions. :)

[member="Netherworld"]

Made some edits. Was re-reading my development thread, and the master aiding me made mention of making blade lengths adjustable. Allowable yes/no? Trying to expand upon the description, having some difficulties without the finished illustration, as I'd hate to describe one thing, and kark it all up by not matching the image.

[member="Netherworld"]

I will make as many changes and adjustments as you need me to, my friend! Edits made, I'm literally scraping the insides of my dome for ideas for a descriptor without having the image to give accurate physical details.

Netherworld

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Looks good. :D

I can approve this now and you can ask for the picture to be added in later in the submission modifications thread,
OR
if the image is set to be finished in the next 24-48h, I can let this sit for a bit and save us all the trouble of editing an approved sub later down the road.

Tag me and let me know. :)

[member="Netherworld"]

Sadly, my artist is having IRL things, and also he won't let me throw monies at him (still working on that situation lol!), so there is no real telling WHEN the image will be available.

So, I will have to submit a submission modification at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom