Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Baka Bodyglove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

bikerwears%5CROJ60Y9718.jpg

Image Source: Tradeget.com

Intent: To provide a means to protect against the most dangerous form of damage...
Development Thread: [ X ]
Manufacturer: Merr-Sonn Inc,
Model: Baka Bodyglove
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: NA
Production: Mass

Material: Kinetic Plates // Instant Adhesive // Alchemized Uller Horn // Thermal Gel

Classification: Kinetic Absorbtion
Weight: 5.1 kg
Quality:
  • Blaster/Lightsaber/Piercing ~ 0
  • Kinetic/Blunt Force ~ 10
Special Features: Kinetic Absorbtion

Description: Similar to the jacket made for him by Damien Daemon, Valashu Elahad recently chose to make a Bodyglove that could protect a wearer from kinetic damage. The first step was allocating of materials that could be used properly to complete the end result.

Val already knew of Uller, bone and horn, as well as Thermal Gel, as both were used in his jacket. But he had already found that these frequently needed replacement or repair; so he chose to make a new brand of Kinetic Dampener all together. Still utilizing both items, he sent out men to locate other minerals that would do the same.

They came upon several, including Durasteel, and odd metals that made olden Bounty Hunter armor, as well as an actual style of armor specifically made to counter Kinetic problems. As such, he had these all brought before himself, testing each individually, to ascertain the resulting decision: Durasteel took the brunt of damage only in so much effort as a flimsy metal can, the Bounty Hunters metal simply couldn't be found as to what caused it without extreme effort, but the Kinetic Armor did so with relative ease.

So it was chosen: the Corporation would need a large quantity of Uller Horn to be treated by the Alchemists found within the payroll of MSI, Kinetic Plates, Thermal Gel, and lastly Instant Adhesive.

As the Horn was being wrought, and alchemically treated to scale, from the bodies of the living brutes, the rest began. Firstly the minerals of the Kinetic was smelted to its liquid form, being the first untreated metal to breach those walls since the joining of JAC and MSI. When the Horn was properly broken to size, it was mixed in with Thermal Gel, which then was added alongside a dosage of Instant Adhesive - to bind the molecules of each material - to the alloy. Placed to bars, it was molded, then crafted down to fit upon a bodyglove.

Unlike typical bodygloves, this one will provide literally zero resistance as a backup unit. This item is one that could be utilized by bodyguards that may end up in a squabble, shockboxers, or those that work with their hands. Utilized by others, it is expected to be worn under another type of armor - whatever that may be.

Lastly, this suit is not a one time fix. It wears down, breaks through repeated strikes, hence requiring another purchase. As well, it does not simply negate all recourse from an attack, rather that it stops the transferred damage underneath - in other words, you get hit by a Leviathan? First off, automatically need a new suit, no doubt, but you will be sent ragdolling without being instantly killed.

Primary Source: NA

Matreya

Anyone whom may now look at this and wonder, did he steal the idea of that other sub made today, by Grim? No I didn't. If you look at the Archer Armor in my sig, as well as this, you will notice the dates trek back far further than this week even. I simply forgot to post my sub. His sub did remind me of mine though.

Did it need to be said? Nah. Did I want to protect my integrity as a writer? Some what.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Matreya"]

Mass-produced alchemy is a tricky thing. I did it a couple of times as AEI, but that was AEI's primary business and I did a metric fethton of dev. I could give this to you at Limited, or you could go do a bunch of dev and we could talk then. Your call.

Matreya

Meet me down the middle, Minor, and ten posts of dev?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

In the end I can always jump it up with more dev added later, but I would like it to be open to the masses for the moment, specifically for this reason.

Matreya

I had planned at least a minimum, upwards of double, a thousand words a post...

Can't though. Son suddenly started.. well he's sick. So I'm postinf when I have time.

Anyway, I wonder if, say, 13 posts, mid way between both markers set by you, with around 4k+ words would be acceptable?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Matreya

Here is the thread. Just broke 7,000. I wanna do more in the long run, but popping out larger posts solo and consistently, when your called on all the time, >_>, its hard.

Anyway, I know you said 15, but I got the 10, with over triple what you asked...

So, how does that look..? Maybe good enough for major? :D

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom